are people still following Kevin O’Leary's investment opions after the FTX?!

Kevin O’Leary says he will no longer invest in ‘loser’ New York after Trump verdict

my favourite shill of a "successful" business investor... made all of his money from selling a worthless holding during the internet bubble. peddles FTX like a snake oil salesman and now expects people to believe this cruft.

he's like Trump in many ways... a successful business man as "played on tv".

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, godzilla said:

Kevin O’Leary says he will no longer invest in ‘loser’ New York after Trump verdict

my favourite shill of a "successful" business investor... made all of his money from selling a worthless holding during the internet bubble. peddles FTX like a snake oil salesman and now expects people to believe this cruft.

Insiders tell me he juiced his sales numbers early on to sell his company.  So leery,O'Leary 

5 hours ago, godzilla said:

Easy does it big fella, starting too many threads in a single day may be biting off more than even your cavernous Godzilla mouth can chew.

For instance, here you are making broad pronouncements on a business tycoon who has been just a tiny bit more successful than you.

Or are you a multimillionaire, big guy, eh?  Keep trying…

Edited by sharkman

1 hour ago, sharkman said:

Easy does it big fella, starting too many threads in a single day may be biting off more than even your cavernous Godzilla mouth can chew.

For instance, here you are making broad pronouncements on a business tycoon who has been just a tiny bit more successful than you.

Or are you a multimillionaire, big guy, eh?  Keep trying…

Defending a fellow shark? LMAO

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, godzilla said:

New York's turning into a complete shit hole, so he's not wrong. 

4 hours ago, Nationalist said:

O'Leary is only one of many who have pulled back NY investments. 

Meh...let it continue to rot.

“If we can’t get away with committing wide scale fraud, we’ll commit it elsewhere!”

Kevin O’Leery

Who would invest his money in a guy who says he relies upon fraud to do business? 

17 hours ago, Rebound said:

“If we can’t get away with committing wide scale fraud, we’ll commit it elsewhere!”

Kevin O’Leery

Who would invest his money in a guy who says he relies upon fraud to do business? 

Now when did O'Leary say that?

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Now when did O'Leary say that?

He certainly did say that if his businesses are subjected to the same laws that Trump’s are, he can’t do business. Therefore, he obviously depends on fraud.

And the judge in Trump’s case was very clear: He said that he could certainly see that there could be 20% discrepancies in property valuations, but not 300% and 1,000% discrepancies. Trump’s fraud was very blatant — he represented rent controlled, partially vacant properties as being fully vacant, non-rent controlled. He represented that his home in Trump Tower was 30,000 square feet when it was 10,000, and he said that Mar-a-Lago was worth $1 billion when it was worth $26 million. And these fraudulent lies occurred over and over, for years and years. Alina Habba now says Mar-a-Lago is worth $1.5 billion, which is absurd, so all Trump needs to do is sell it for $1.5 billion and then he can win his appeal. But nobody will pay $1.5 billion for a property worth $26 million. Mar-a-Lago is deed restricted as a private club. It cannot be subdivided or sold as luxury homes or whatever. 

So if Kevin O’Leery believes that he needs to lie to investors on that scale, then Kevin’s definitely saying he depends upon fraud in order to run his businesses. 

2 minutes ago, Rebound said:

He certainly did say that if his businesses are subjected to the same laws that Trump’s are, he can’t do business. Therefore, he obviously depends on fraud.

And the judge in Trump’s case was very clear: He said that he could certainly see that there could be 20% discrepancies in property valuations, but not 300% and 1,000% discrepancies. Trump’s fraud was very blatant — he represented rent controlled, partially vacant properties as being fully vacant, non-rent controlled. He represented that his home in Trump Tower was 30,000 square feet when it was 10,000, and he said that Mar-a-Lago was worth $1 billion when it was worth $26 million. And these fraudulent lies occurred over and over, for years and years. Alina Habba now says Mar-a-Lago is worth $1.5 billion, which is absurd, so all Trump needs to do is sell it for $1.5 billion and then he can win his appeal. But nobody will pay $1.5 billion for a property worth $26 million. Mar-a-Lago is deed restricted as a private club. It cannot be subdivided or sold as luxury homes or whatever. 

So if Kevin O’Leery believes that he needs to lie to investors on that scale, then Kevin’s definitely saying he depends upon fraud in order to run his businesses. 

So he didn't say it and you lied. Ok.

16 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

So he didn't say it and you lied. Ok.

He did say it and you know it. 

No other way to say it: Donald Trump is an egregious liar, a fraud, a thief, and a rapist. Not “he sniffed a girl’s hair,” but “He raped a woman in a dressing room, proven in a court of law.” And now he is giving Ukraine over to Russia and telling Putin that he won’t interfere if Russia invades NATO members. Talk about the devil!  

Edited by Rebound

Just now, Rebound said:

He did say it and you know it. 

No other way to say it: Donald Trump is an egregious liar, a fraud, a thief, and a rapist. Not “he sniffed a girl’s hair,” but “He raped a woman in a dressing room, proven in a court of law.” 

Lol...nice deflection attempt but...

YOU LIED.!

2 hours ago, Rebound said:

Nope. Kevin said he can’t do business in New York if he’s subject to the same laws as Trump. Those are fraud laws, dude.

You're talking to the guy who CONTINUALLY DEFENDS Trump's FRAUDS, so he'll never admit that NY fraud laws are legitimate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, robosmith said:

You're talking to the guy who CONTINUALLY DEFENDS Trump's FRAUDS, so he'll never admit that NY fraud laws are legitimate.

I cannot fathom why it is legal anywhere to submit fraudulent financial statements to lenders or investors, or why Kevin O’Leery would defend the practice, much less say that it’s a requirement of doing business anywhere. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rebound said:

I cannot fathom why it is legal anywhere to submit fraudulent financial statements to lenders or investors, or why Kevin O’Leery would defend the practice, much less say that it’s a requirement of doing business anywhere. 

If you read O'Leery's bio, maybe it's not so surprising.

2 hours ago, Rebound said:

The really wealthy are used to getting special treatment. In Trump's case, the prosecutors can choose to play nice and get a large campaign donation or enforce the law and spend bruising days or months fighting in court. Even Engoran faced death threats and I believe a bomb scare in his house. Enforcing the law against Trump brings out the MAGA GOONS. How dare they enforce the law? 🤮

On 2/20/2024 at 12:31 PM, godzilla said:

OMG, he said something bad about an activist Dem judge! GET THE KNVES OUT! 😂

9 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Basically he is justifying lying in order to get loans.

Oh heck yeah, fer sure, eh?

Like, everyone knows that Trump's the first guy to ever overvalue his properties when he wanned to borrow somthin', right?

Most guys'll just say "She's one o' the finest double-wides in the park, eh? Easily worth a buck-fiddy, maybe two. Just gimme the smokes now ya wee bugger. I'm good fer it, and if I go home empty-handed you'll end up dealing with my ol' lady. Good forkin' luck seein' your 15th birthday, Shylock."

Just the kind of guy you want to do business with.

No way. I do my land deals with Hunter 'n Joe. They never lie about business deals, their associates, or any of the money involved, right, dingus? 

4 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Oh heck yeah, fer sure, eh?

Like, everyone knows that Trump's the first guy to ever overvalue his properties when he wanned to borrow somthin', right?

Most guys'll just say "She's one o' the finest double-wides in the park, eh? Easily worth a buck-fiddy, maybe two. Just gimme the smokes now ya wee bugger. I'm good fer it, and if I go home empty-handed you'll end up dealing with my ol' lady. Good forkin' luck seein' your 15th birthday, Shylock."

No way. I do my land deals with Hunter 'n Joe. They never lie about business deals, their associates, or any of the money involved, right, dingus? 

So you justify it as well. Why am I not surprised.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Aristides said:

So you justify it as well. Why am I not surprised.

It's actually not a big deal at all. He overestimated the value of his real estate. It's never gonna happen that a developer and bank will independently come back with the same price for that much real estate.

The bank came up with their own valuation, Trump got interest rates and terms based on the bank's valuation, Trump made all the payments on time and repaid the loan in full.

Is that a crime, dummy? $355M dollar fine? 

Of course you will try to justify it. You'd justify burning an X into his head. It's a cultist thing. 

Is what Trump did worse than, say, forbidding covid tests on covid patients returning to care homes in NY State?

It's impossible for that not to have caused deaths when you look at the dangerous stupidity and scale of it, but leftards wouldn't consider that at all. "Cuomo said mean words to Trump so nothing else matters. Oh wait, maybe Cuomo smacked a girl's butt. TURF HIM!" 😂 Forkin' losers.

Leftards justify the Biden family using shell companies to hide their tens of millions worth of ill-gotten gains with the Chinese gov't and corrupt Ukrainians. 

Joe Biden told everyone in the USA that the Bidens never made any money from their dirty Chinese deals when they made at least $8M plus a big fat diamond. 

Justified, right?

36 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

It's actually not a big deal at all. He overestimated the value of his real estate. It's never gonna happen that a developer and bank will independently come back with the same price for that much real estate.

The bank came up with their own valuation, Trump got interest rates and terms based on the bank's valuation, Trump made all the payments on time and repaid the loan in full.

Is that a crime, dummy? $355M dollar fine? 

Of course you will try to justify it. You'd justify burning an X into his head. It's a cultist thing. 

Is what Trump did worse than, say, forbidding covid tests on covid patients returning to care homes in NY State?

It's impossible for that not to have caused deaths when you look at the dangerous stupidity and scale of it, but leftards wouldn't consider that at all. "Cuomo said mean words to Trump so nothing else matters. Oh wait, maybe Cuomo smacked a girl's butt. TURF HIM!" 😂 Forkin' losers.

Leftards justify the Biden family using shell companies to hide their tens of millions worth of ill-gotten gains with the Chinese gov't and corrupt Ukrainians. 

Joe Biden told everyone in the USA that the Bidens never made any money from their dirty Chinese deals when they made at least $8M plus a big fat diamond. 

Justified, right?

How is calling a 10,000 sq ft property a 30,000 sq ft property an “overestimation”? How is calling a $26 million property a $1 billion property an “overestimation”? 

There are standard method for evaluating and estimating values. Evidence, including Trump’s own sworn deposition, proved that the Trump organization did not use these methods, and even Trump admitted that he just made up evaluations from his “instinct.”  But when you have mar a lago re-zoned in order to permanently reduce its value, and you report to investors it’s still a property that can be sub-divided into separate residences or resold on other ways, that is deliberate fraud. Turns out; fraud is illegal in New York. I assume it’s illegal everywhere.  

9 hours ago, Rebound said:

How is calling a 10,000 sq ft property a 30,000 sq ft property an “overestimation”? How is calling a $26 million property a $1 billion property an “overestimation”? 

There are standard method for evaluating and estimating values. Evidence, including Trump’s own sworn deposition, proved that the Trump organization did not use these methods, and even Trump admitted that he just made up evaluations from his “instinct.”  But when you have mar a lago re-zoned in order to permanently reduce its value, and you report to investors it’s still a property that can be sub-divided into separate residences or resold on other ways, that is deliberate fraud. Turns out; fraud is illegal in New York. I assume it’s illegal everywhere.  

How is "My family got $8M and a big fat diamond from our business with Chinese agents" the same thing as "We never made any money in China"?

How is "Forcing care homes in NY State to take back covid patients" not a story for leftards? Guess where Latitia James and her activist judge are.... NY. Right where that exact thing happened...

https://www.newsweek.com/under-andrew-cuomos-order-new-york-nursing-homes-received-9000-covid-patients-before-may-1568781

The word "forbade" is there. The care homes weren't allowed to test them for covid or anything, they just had to take them back. 

Wanna know what's even weirder? They did it "to free up hospital beds", but the navy hospital ship USS Comfort - specifically outfitted for covid patients under Trump's order - arrived just 5 days after Cuomo started enforcing the death policy and NY State barely used it. 

The death policy started March 25th and the ship arrived March 30th.  https://www.cbsnews.com/newyork/news/coronavirus-navy-hospital-ship-comfort-arrives-in-nyc/

The Javits center opened April 7th, 13 days after Gov Cuomo's old fogey death march started, and again it was barely even used. 

If you're keeping score, "Twumpie the weally bad covid guy" got NY State a hospital ship and a dedicated covid hospital specifically to care for covid patients, but NY State didn't use them. Instead they sent the infected seniors back to care homes. 

What did Latitia James and her radical activist judge have to say about that? Nothing. They wanna protect a bank that said nothing happened to them. The bank made millions of dollars off of Trump and they wanna do business with him again. 

NY State blames bureaucracy, but they sure cleared the hurdle of forcing covid patients back into care homes easily enough, right? Maybe they were just using their legislative powers improperly, hey?

How hard is it to send recovering covid patients to a covid hospital ship or a dedicated covid hospital that's right in that area instead of creating a law that forces those covid patients into care homes

The bank trial is a joke and their ludicrous decision will be overturned. Latitia James is on a witch hunt and she's ignoring Cuomo's biological warfare bill.