Pierre Poilievre: A One Trick Pony -- Or Are WE All Getting Tricked?

On 2/15/2024 at 12:17 PM, Moonlight Graham said:

Totally agree that it's much easier to sit and criticize, and much harder to actually manage a country and come up with good solutions and implement them yourself.

It is very easy to manage a country. Our politicians should consult and ask us we the people for our opinions on what should be done with their tax dollars. This top down nonsense needs to end in Canada. It is not we the people that have made a bloody mess of this country. It is our politicians who have pretty much screwed everything up. 

All we seem to get these days from our spend crazy politicians is more taxes, more government and less freedoms. If things were the reverse, Canada would be one of the richest countries on earth. But sadly, Canada has become a poor country and all thanks to the bimbo politicians that run this country. Our politicians only want to see us living in misery rather than being a wealthy bunch of bastards. Just my opinion. 😇

15 hours ago, Army Guy said:

We as a nation have been burned thousands of times with lies and deception by the left...So excuse me if i become skeptical on whatever they say or do...

We've been burned thousands of times with lies and deception from the "right" as well.  Being skeptical of the "left" is fine, but when you save zero skepticism for the "right" you make yourself an easy dupe - easy to manipulate and easy to fool.    

15 hours ago, Army Guy said:

I have said i don't really pay much heed to US politics because it does not really effect me....In my opinion Trump did more that was beneficial in his 4 years than biden did, one just has to look at border security, the Pull out of Afghanistan, support for Ukraine is whining off....the list goes on... 

The list goes on of his failings too, doesn't it?  The fact that he's a compulsive liar, and can barely get through a sentence without fibbing?  The fact that he tried to overturn the election?  The 93 criminal indictments, and the numerous trials he faces, not to mention that he's a proven fraudster, and now owes $400M for cooking his books?   None of that matters to you, or you just convince yourself it's not true?  🤔

7 hours ago, Moonbox said:

We've been burned thousands of times with lies and deception from the "right" as well.  Being skeptical of the "left" is fine, but when you save zero skepticism for the "right" you make yourself an easy dupe - easy to manipulate and easy to fool.    

The list goes on of his failings too, doesn't it?  The fact that he's a compulsive liar, and can barely get through a sentence without fibbing?  The fact that he tried to overturn the election?  The 93 criminal indictments, and the numerous trials he faces, not to mention that he's a proven fraudster, and now owes $400M for cooking his books?   None of that matters to you, or you just convince yourself it's not true?  🤔

Yes the right has had it's share of lies and deceit...I've been on this forum for a long time and i have called out the right millions of times...I'm not sure where this is going...

As for trump, It does not matter what my opinion or yours is, it is not going to make a difference in the states, nor is it here except to add to the already criticism Canadians already hold against the man... I think Trump did more for his country than biden...which is what i base my opinion on...There is only two choices...neither of them is any good...and now that i have made that choice it seems like your judging me on it...ONCE again US politics do not excite me, nor do i follow them so my opinion is mout as is yours on this topic...

And I want to clear the air, I'm not sceptical  of the liberals "they are liars and cheats" corruption runs deep in that party , and Canadians are to lazy/ Stupid to do anything about it...Liberal voters are the dupes in this case...they have proven that over and over again to all Canadians...they have produced very little of value in the last 8 years that was a benefited this country... 

On 3/1/2024 at 6:28 PM, Army Guy said:

As for trump, It does not matter what my opinion or yours is, it is not going to make a difference in the states, nor is it here except to add to the already criticism Canadians already hold against the man... I think Trump did more for his country than biden...which is what i base my opinion on...There is only two choices...neither of them is any good...and now that i have made that choice it seems like your judging me on it...ONCE again US politics do not excite me, nor do i follow them so my opinion is mout as is yours on this topic...

I think in this case, you opinion is based on amplifying whatever good he may have done (and there was some) while blissfully ignoring all of the truly awful (of which there was much more).  More than a million Americans died to COVID, more than double the rate they died here, and much of that can be blamed on the lies, mistrust and conspiracy theories Donald Trump promoted to his dumb-dumb rabble.  

The contradiction I'm trying to draw for you here is that you abhor Trudeau's lies and deceit (which is fine) but then somehow feel Trump's are acceptable.  It makes absolutely no sense.  

5 hours ago, Moonbox said:

More than a million Americans died to COVID, more than double the rate they died here, and much of that can be blamed on the lies, mistrust and conspiracy theories Donald Trump promoted to his dumb-dumb rabble. 

That's simply not true. At best it's a gross overstatement that cannot be substantiated.

For example most of the covid response was handled by the states individually and there was significant differences between them - that suggests it had very little to do with the federal response. Cuomo sending patents back to old age care facilities probably did a lot more to get people killed than anything trump did as we now know.

Trump's project lightspeed undoubtedly made the vaccines avialable faster. Now you can argue that the vaccines didn't make that much of a difference if you like but if you believe they did then trump saved a lot of lives in the US AND canada as well.

the us has a different population and different issues and different population densities and different weather - we saw ALL of those things play major roles in canada as well.

It is simply factually wrong entirely to claim that the difference between what the americans experienced and what we did is somehow due to trump's rhetoric. There is NO evidence of that.

Edited by CdnFox

6 hours ago, Moonbox said:

I think in this case, you opinion is based on amplifying whatever good he may have done (and there was some) while blissfully ignoring all of the truly awful (of which there was much more). 

I know of the truly awful. I struggle to remember any good.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Moonbox said:

The contradiction I'm trying to draw for you here is that you abhor Trudeau's lies and deceit (which is fine) but then somehow feel Trump's are acceptable.  It makes absolutely no sense.  

Why does it have to make sense? That would take all the shits and giggles out of being contradictory.

This dude is a bigger dilitente than Trudeau or Trump could ever aspire to.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, I am Groot said:

I know of the truly awful. I struggle to remember any good.

Operation Warp Speed comes to mind.

It's positively bizarre how many anti-vaxxers he can count on for support. Probably every one of them.

I cannot recall a single criticism being levelled at him for being such a contributor to all the death and destruction vaccines have caused.

10 hours ago, Moonbox said:

I think in this case, you opinion is based on amplifying whatever good he may have done (and there was some) while blissfully ignoring all of the truly awful (of which there was much more).  More than a million Americans died to COVID, more than double the rate they died here, and much of that can be blamed on the lies, mistrust and conspiracy theories Donald Trump promoted to his dumb-dumb rabble.  

Yes more than one million Americans died...more than double our rate...and yet they have 400 million people and we have 40 , math is not my strong suit, but that works out that a smaller percentage of them died compared to here in Canada...how is it they have 10 times more people but only lost double we did...

I get the contradiction, i hold Justin to a higher standard becasue he represents our nation...Canadians...All of us have at some point have had balanet contradictions in their lives...like judging other nations leaders without knowing all the details..I guilty as charged....whats my sentence...I'm eager to put this to bed...

Leader Of His Majesty's Loyal Opposition, Pierre Poilievre and the CPC are still holding steady with only a loss of 4 seats to the Liberals. (Canada 338) Pierre is still looking at a super majority on the level of John Diefenbaker and Brian Mulroney. Let's be patient. In a few months, we won't have a carbon tax (or rebate), we'll have lower taxes, a lot more spending on defence, healthcare and higher education, no inflation and lower crime. What on earth are some of you going to talk about?

Edited by Queenmandy85

25 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Leader Of His Majesty's Loyal Opposition, Pierre Poilievre and the CPC are still holding steady with only a loss of 4 seats to the Liberals. (Canada 338) Pierre is still looking at a super majority on the level of John Diefenbaker and Brian Mulroney. Let's be patient. In a few months, we won't have a carbon tax (or rebate), we'll have lower taxes, a lot more spending on defence, healthcare and higher education, no inflation and lower crime.

A few months? Unless you know something we don't i can't see the libs or dips calling an election any time soon. They made all kissy over that abortion of a 'pharmacare plan' and neither is doing well in the polls. IT's probably a year and a half away.

What on earth are some of you going to talk about?

How much better things are getting :)   i'll admit it'll be an adjusment after 10 years of having to face how much worse its getting.

13 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Yes more than one million Americans died...more than double our rate...and yet they have 400 million people and we have 40 , math is not my strong suit, but that works out that a smaller percentage of them died compared to here in Canada...how is it they have 10 times more people but only lost double we did...

I said Americans died at double the rate of Canadians (actually closer to 2.5x).  We had roughly 51,000 dead, and the Americans had 1,200,000.  If you'd have bothered looking, you'd have seen the difference.  You didn't have to be good at math. 

We didn't fare better because our health care system was better either.  Ours is also shit.  The difference was that we didn't have Orange Man undermining trust in our health officials at every opportunity with retarded, self-serving lies and batshit conspiracy theories.   

13 hours ago, Army Guy said:

I get the contradiction, i hold Justin to a higher standard becasue he represents our nation...Canadians...All of us have at some point have had balanet contradictions in their lives...like judging other nations leaders without knowing all the details..I guilty as charged....whats my sentence...I'm eager to put this to bed...

Whatever standard you figure you hold Justin to is irrelevant.   Neither of us can stand the guy and both agree he couldn't be gone sooner.  The difference between us, I think, is that I don't think blind anger is worth much, and being "opposed" to Trudeau (or the "Left") isn't enough to make me automatically trust what someone is saying.  

15 hours ago, CdnFox said:

A few months? Unless you know something we don't i can't see the libs or dips calling an election any time soon. They made all kissy over that abortion of a 'pharmacare plan' and neither is doing well in the polls. IT's probably a year and a half away.

18 months is only a few months. 😎🎈🎉 I guess you and I have a different perspective on time. They say time passes quickly when you are enjoying yourself. I'm having a blast. :D

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. You know what the fellow said – in Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace – and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Orson Weles as Harry Lyme in the Third Man

Edited by Queenmandy85

2 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

18 months is only a few months.  I guess you and I have a different perspective on time. They say time passes quickly when you are enjoying yourself. I'm having a blast.

"I'm having a blast" . . . well, the rest of Canada, not so much. 

Glad that you never became PM.

3 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

18 months is only a few months. 😎🎈🎉 

LOL - it's too early in the day for me to need to explain math to you :) 

I guess you and I have a different perspective on time. They say time passes quickly when you are enjoying yourself. I'm having a blast. :D

That would apply to something 18 months ago, not something in the future :)   and you don't really SOUND like you're having a blast but if you're happy that's great :)

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. You know what the fellow said – in Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace – and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I'm fine with a cookoo clock :)  

Happy, stable peaceful lives where people can love and grow and enjoy their families and their time together and activities of choice are rare and wonderful things. That's what we should have.  That's what the libs have taken from people.

18 months? Even if it were tomorrow it wouldn't be soon enough. Michelangelo can go eff himself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

You should be. :D

So i guess this is the point where you've cracked and you've got that 'maniacal laughter' thing going on where you giggle hysterically as you see your echo-chamber notions collapse. :)   LOL

Nobody should be happy about what's happened with Canada. This is pretty horrible.  But at least a generation of young people is learning why it's wrong to be woke, and hopefully they'll remember that for the rest of their lives.