Thanks to women, Tories on course for largest landslide in Canadian history

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/first-reading-thanks-to-women-tories-on-course-for-largest-landslide-in-canadian-history

Canadian women, once skeptical of Conservative leader Pierre Poilievre, have suddenly changed their minds

Only six months after polls first showed the Conservative Party within reach of a majority, new data is now suggesting that they may be on track to capture one of the largest majorities in Canadian history.

Numbers published on Sunday by Abacus Data show 43 per cent of committed voters supporting the Conservatives, against just 24 per cent still intending to vote Liberal.

In a write-up by Abacus CEO David Coletto, the 19-point showing was “tied for the largest national lead we’ve ever measured for the Conservatives.”

Perhaps most notably, the new results show a vast migration of Canadian women into the arms of the Tories.

This time last year, any rise in Conservative fortunes was coming almost exclusively from male voters. But a plurality of Canadian women are now stating their intention to vote Conservative; 38 per cent against 26 per cent still backing the Liberals.

This guy just keeps breaking into every single demographic group one at a time. got the young people, then go the older people, won over every province, has taken much of the ethnic vote, now he's reeling in the women.

And there's still 19 months to go.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Ok - so what makes you think that?

He’s been to the WEF, just like JT and others in our government.  Every person who goes there makes agreements that change their allegiances.  

Remember the conservative leadership contest?  3 people were all barred from the contest for fake reasons.  They had met all of the requirements.  Their platforms were all similar to Poilievre’s and would have taken votes away from him.  The contest was fixed.

I’m not saying the organizers of that election were WEF, but it’s easy to do favours, bribe here and there when our Media is so asleep.  They don’t look into anything or conduct serious investigations these days.  They just read what they are handed by their bosses.

10 hours ago, August1991 said:

The kiss of Poilievre's wife. IMHO, he became PM then.

====

Trudeau lost, the federal Liberals lost,  his wife - Sophie - left him.

The People Magazine theory of politics right ?  I doubt that many saw the kiss... the fact is that life is miserable, economically, and the chickens have come home to roost for the Liberals on that.

11 hours ago, sharkman said:

I’m telling you guys, Poilievre is not what he’s presenting himself as, just like JT.  He’ll turn to the left on issue after issue once elected.  

I doubt it.  The Liberals have been a total disaster for the country.  The immigration, foreign student issues have contributed to the disastrous housing crisis.  The ministers responsible for immigration the past eight years have mis-managed immigration, temporary foreign workers and foreign students to the detriment of Canadians who need housing.

Poilievre offers the only hope to work toward getting out of the housing crisis and mess created by Liberals.

Poilievre has some plans to deal with the issue.  The Liberals created the mess.

John Ivison: Warnings about too many international students were clear. The Liberals ignored them (msn.com)

1 hour ago, sharkman said:

He’s been to the WEF, just like JT and others in our government.  Every person who goes there makes agreements that change their allegiances.  

No, that's silly. First off you're talking ages ago and The wef wasn't always the way it is now, and they don't put something in your drink that magically makes you a commie or something or turn the frogs gay.  Lets try to keep it real.

Remember the conservative leadership contest?  3 people were all barred from the contest for fake reasons.  They had met all of the requirements.  Their platforms were all similar to Poilievre’s and would have taken votes away from him.  The contest was fixed.

No, there were serious problems with each of them and as i recall without looking it up at least two did not meet the requirements at all. And none of them were serious politicians in the slightest, they'd never had squat to do with the party and now they wanted to run the country? Nopers.

I’m not saying the organizers of that election were WEF, but it’s easy to do favours, bribe here and there when our Media is so asleep.  They don’t look into anything or conduct serious investigations these days.  They just read what they are handed by their bosses.

Dude that is total tin foil hat bullcrap.

PP has about 20 years track record as a politician, he's been pretty consistent and he knows his crap backwards and forwards. He's going to be a moderate right leader who won't be radical but won't be terribly soft either.  There is no doubt he'll have to do some things to appeal to the soft left or blue liberals to stay in power, but that's just democracy. You don't win by ignoring the voters wishes.

The biggest thing he can do and likely will do is stop federal overreach and get the gov't back to the basics and that's really what we want. Not just a balanced budget but a smaller budget, less interference, fewer 'arrive can' projects, more efficient gov't core services like pass ports.  And of course most of all a very favorable environment for business investment growth innovation and entrepreneurship.  And a reduction in immigration to sane levels.

That's what he'll deliver,  saying somhow that his 20 year track record is null because he went to davos once is just not defensible logically.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

I doubt it.  The Liberals have been a total disaster for the country.  The immigration, foreign student issues have contributed to the disastrous housing crisis.  The ministers responsible for immigration the past eight years have mis-managed immigration, temporary foreign workers and foreign students to the detriment of Canadians who need housing.

Poilievre offers the only hope to work toward getting out of the housing crisis and mess created by Liberals.

Poilievre has some plans to deal with the issue.  The Liberals created the mess.

John Ivison: Warnings about too many international students were clear. The Liberals ignored them (msn.com)

Yes the liberals are a disaster.  I’m not arguing to support the liberals post JT.  I’m saying that the Tory party under Poilievre will still take the country down the same road, just driving the car on the right side of the road instead of the left.

We need another alternative, regardless of how cdnfx feels about Poilievre.  

2 minutes ago, sharkman said:

Yes the liberals are a disaster.  I’m not arguing to support the liberals post JT.  I’m saying that the Tory party under Poilievre will still take the country down the same road, just driving the car on the right side of the road instead of the left.

We need another alternative, regardless of how cdnfx feels about Poilievre.  

Your conclusion does not appear to be based on fact, reason or logic.  Just that he went to wef once. Sorry but that's not going to cut it

9 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Your conclusion does not appear to be based on fact, reason or logic.  Just that he went to wef once. Sorry but that's not going to cut it

And you are making the rookie mistake of judging a politician based on what they say instead of what they do.  Learn from what the pros do…

1 minute ago, sharkman said:

And you are making the rookie mistake of judging a politician based on what they say instead of what they do.  Learn from what the pros do…

As i said - he's been an mp for 20 years and i'm literally basing it on his track record and performance.

as to 'rookie' :)  I first scrutineerd when Mulroney was running the first time. I've fought in many elections, participated in riding associations and done more than my share of 'activist' work for firearms rights and to trash the registry.  I know my shit backwards and forwards. 

It is dumb to say that because he went to an event once ages ago that somehow this erases all his other actions over 20 years.  That's dumb.  Think about it.

He will not be perfect but he will be pretty much what he looks like. A right but not far right politician who tries to keep the gov't smaller, get business going, keep taxes light and keep gov't focused on core issues.  Much like harper was, but this time with charisma :) 

11 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

As i said - he's been an mp for 20 years and i'm literally basing it on his track record and performance.

as to 'rookie' :)  I first scrutineerd when Mulroney was running the first time. I've fought in many elections, participated in riding associations and done more than my share of 'activist' work for firearms rights and to trash the registry.  I know my shit backwards and forwards. 

It is dumb to say that because he went to an event once ages ago that somehow this erases all his other actions over 20 years.  That's dumb.  Think about it.

He will not be perfect but he will be pretty much what he looks like. A right but not far right politician who tries to keep the gov't smaller, get business going, keep taxes light and keep gov't focused on core issues.  Much like harper was, but this time with charisma :) 

Yep, he has a track record that’s been analyzed.  He also has some big skeletons in his closet.  The leadership contest was a farce, believe whatever makes you happy.  

By the fall this will all be out and known anyway.

Whatever your Schiit is, you obviously don’t know enough about the WEF.  

34 minutes ago, sharkman said:

Yep, he has a track record that’s been analyzed.  

And shows him to be exactly what he presents himself to be.  A moderate fiscal responsible conservative.

He also has some big skeletons in his closet.  

No he doesn't. He doesn't even have little skeletons. Name a few of these 'big skeletons'.

The leadership contest was a farce, believe whatever makes you happy.  

The leadership contest was exactly as it should be (with the exception of that one debate).

By the fall this will all be out and known anyway.

Why- what's happening this fall?

Whatever your Schiit is, you obviously don’t know enough about the WEF.  

Y'know - they sell tin foil cheap at walmart.

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

No, that's silly. First off you're talking ages ago and The wef wasn't always the way it is now, and they don't put something in your drink that magically makes you a commie or something or turn the frogs gay.  Lets try to keep it real.

The WEF is the same thing it's always been - a forum where world leaders and rich people go to touch champagne glasses and talk about things they feel good about. 

The only thing that's changed is that it became a goofy conspiracy theory from the far-right during COVID, and Pierre Poilievre is echoing the rage about it back to the conspiracy rabble.  It's a silly and worthless campaign promise meant to assuage the deluded concerns of silly, unserious voters.   

• Thanks 2

I’m saying that the Tory party under Poilievre will still take the country down the same road, just driving the car on the right side of the road instead of the left.

I don't see how you come to that conclusion.  Certainly the thousands (or millions) of Canadians that believe Poilievre is a good alternative to the Liberals think he can do a better job.  You must not have much understanding of politics.  Conservatives are quite different in their beliefs about how the country should be governed.

8 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

And shows him to be exactly what he presents himself to be.  A moderate fiscal responsible conservative.

No he doesn't. He doesn't even have little skeletons. Name a few of these 'big skeletons'.

The leadership contest was exactly as it should be (with the exception of that one debate).

Why- what's happening this fall?

Y'know - they sell tin foil cheap at walmart.

One day you may discover that it’s okay to agree to disagree with your allies instead of attacking with tinfoil hat nonsense.  
Make me proud!

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

The WEF is the same thing it's always been - a forum where world leaders and rich people go to touch champagne glasses and talk about things they feel good about. 

The only thing that's changed is that it became a goofy conspiracy theory from the far-right during COVID, and Pierre Poilievre is echoing the rage about it back to the conspiracy rabble.  It's a silly and worthless campaign promise meant to assuage the deluded concerns of silly, unserious voters.   

I didn't realize you were a regular attendee!  Obviously you have first hand knoweldge :)  

One day you may discover that it’s okay to agree to disagree with your allies instead of attacking with tinfoil hat nonsense.  
Make me proud!

Tinfoil hat is all you got out of that 

Listen - my allies are logic and reason. I'm a conservative and right thinking person because it makes sense, not just because "conservative".  If you make bad or weak arguments or claims that are on the 'conspiracy' side meaning both unsupported by the facts AND implausable, i'm probably going to point that out.

If you just make an argument i disagree with but you make a reasonable argument out of it that's different :)   But "PP was brainwashed years ago at davos and is a left wing deep sleeper agent" is going to get a tin foil comment.

Sigh. Ok - so lets go back to your other concerns.  What are these skeletons you're concerned about?

58 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Like you and all of the reddit/4chan Andies?  Right!?  🙄  

LOL - never been to 4chan, don't know what an 'andies' is.  I guess that's just one more place you frequent that i don't :) 

Been to reddit. Mostly leftist losers as far as i can see.  No wonder you like it :)

21 hours ago, Moonbox said:

One has to admit WEF adds to all these goofy conspiracies' with some of the topics they put on the agenda...eating insects, limiting beef products capturing or limiting animal farts, and we have seen some of these policies taking root in some countries...A while agree that some groups took that way to far...

12 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

LOL - never been to 4chan, don't know what an 'andies' is.  I guess that's just one more place you frequent that i don't :) 

Been to reddit. Mostly leftist losers as far as i can see.  No wonder you like it :)

Unsurprisingly you missed/avoided the point.  Are you, or are you not, a WEF attendee? You seemed to imply this was necessary to provide an opinion, and since you've already provided yours, we should expect you've some experience to draw from?  

Of course not.  What you consider "logic" never points inwards, only outwards.  🥱