As Kids, They Thought They Were Trans. They No Longer Do. (or why it's ok for parents to question)

21 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

You've already admitted it's substantially physical.  that was established in your 'rip their dick off' commentary.

This is the problem with the left - they can't even keep their story straight for one thread and they expect to be taken seriously

For an individual, there's a physical component to their personal conception of gender. But we're not talking about that here, try and keep up, stupid.

Edited by Black Dog

This is easily solved. Mandate that any kind of treatment be performed after they are 18 or in university. If while in middle school or high school, they feel as if they are then let them seek counseling away from the school. Finally, if you think that you need some sort of treatment... then you pay for it. No public funds or assistance. Pretty simple, i would say. 

17 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

For an individual, there's a physical component to their personal conception of gender. But we're not talking about that here, try and keep up, stupid.

But we are. What are societies made up of if not groups of individuals.

Gender expression can have a social element but gender itself is not a social construct.  Gender is tied to biology and is a very real thing - female gender traits appear in every society and culture as do male gender traits, which wouldn't happen if it were primarily  culturally driven.

I get that you WANT it to be a social construct (sometimes and not other times) but sorry, that's just not defensible.

9 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

This is easily solved. Mandate that any kind of treatment be performed after they are 18 or in university. If while in middle school or high school, they feel as if they are then let them seek counseling away from the school. Finally, if you think that you need some sort of treatment... then you pay for it. No public funds or assistance. Pretty simple, i would say. 

Well that's basically what Alberta said here in Canada and it's not going over well with the 'trans activists'.

2 hours ago, Black Dog said:

Because if it is, like you say here, then the idea that it's "physically impossible to change genders" is out the window.

Putting a dress and heels on if you're Holk Hogan, doesn't making him a balding woman. 

A muscular, and doting mother. It makes him a man with a dress on. 

I would call her she out of respect, but the elephant in room would be there, as it should be. You can't change genders. Feel as you see fit. 

How you feel inside, couldn't care less of the penis dangling between your legs. The sperm count and so on.

An ob gyn sticking his speculum in your anus, vs your vagina, would be like giving participation trophies to kids for showing up.

Whatever floats your boat.

Sorry, but am all for inclusion, but lines should he drawn in the sand. 

Its not society's job to make you feel right in your skin.

2 hours ago, Black Dog said:

Do you think it's better to use shame and social stigma to enforce rigid gender roles and expression?

Neither. Point I was making. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Three wrongs and a hollowed out cavity now called a vagina, don't make a woman.

48 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

But we are. What are societies made up of if not groups of individuals.

Gender expression can have a social element but gender itself is not a social construct.  Gender is tied to biology and is a very real thing - female gender traits appear in every society and culture as do male gender traits, which wouldn't happen if it were primarily  culturally driven.

I get that you WANT it to be a social construct (sometimes and not other times) but sorry, that's just not defensible.

Well that's basically what Alberta said here in Canada and it's not going over well with the 'trans activists'.

If I was a trans person... this issue is not going to fade with age. So waiting until I am age 18, 19 or later is not going to change anything. In fact, it might harden my resolve. I would like to think that I could pay for any and all products and services that I need. Yes, its expensive... hence why you plan ahead and save. I must be too private of an individual because i would not want to parade this around and play victim. Demanding that someone else pay for my non-life threatening medical stuff is just wrong. 

1 hour ago, impartialobserver said:

It IS simple but it's not a viable solution, and affirming parents would not support this.

12 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

If I was a trans person... this issue is not going to fade with age. So waiting until I am age 18, 19 or later is not going to change anything.  

Yeah, you will go through puberty...

On 2/27/2024 at 1:14 PM, Legato said:

Well seeing as it's GM's most famous failure, your attempt at miscellaneous equations is also a failure

Owwee. Rug pulled out from under him. Eviscerated. Discombubberated, even.

Yet somehow, the comparison is apt.

Next the left will put lipstick on a pig, and try to convince us it's no longer a pig, as long as it self-identifies...

12 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Is the argument over now ?

10 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

It is for me.

Perfect. So can we get on with more important things now like climate change and the twinned ascendancy of tyranny and economic inequality?

• Like 1

If I was a trans person... this issue is not going to fade with age. So waiting until I am age 18, 19 or later is not going to change anything. In fact, it might harden my resolve. I would like to think that I could pay for any and all products and services that I need. Yes, its expensive... hence why you plan ahead and save. I must be too private of an individual because i would not want to parade this around and play victim. Demanding that someone else pay for my non-life threatening medical stuff is just wrong. 

In fact if it did change anything then that's a massive example of why people should wait till they're 18 before doing anything 'permanent'.

I get it can be a stressful time for kids who are going through it and don't want to hit puberty and have their voice go down or breasts pop up but life is tough for all teens - and they'll just have to get support and cope with it till they're old enough. Then they can make permanent changes.

2 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

It is for me. If it is not life threatening then I see no reason for the person to not be responsible for it. 

I don't get it... "responsible" ?  Aren't people responsible for their choices anyway ?

What is the life threatening angle ?

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

economic inequality?

Really one of the top 2 issues.  Progress is being made on social change, even climate change it can be argued.

Economic inequality is going the OTHER way...

9 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

That is ALWAYS going to be the case with a left wing gov't in power. Always has been always will be.  And this frequently gets pointed out - these little failed social experiments inevitably hurt the poorest people first.

41 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I don't get it... "responsible" ?  Aren't people responsible for their choices anyway ?

What is the life threatening angle ?

Really one of the top 2 issues.  Progress is being made on social change, even climate change it can be argued.

At age 14.. a person does not have complete control over themselves. Therefore they can't responsible for all aspects of their life if they do not control it. Age 18... they have control. 

life threatening comes into it because if it is not absolutely necessary then arguing that it can't be delayed is a bit silly. 

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

Perfect. So can we get on with more important things now like climate change and the twinned ascendancy of tyranny and economic inequality?

I have stated numerous times that this issue ranks about 856th or so on my priority list. however, folks can't and will not stop talking about it. Only time that I see trans stuff is on here. I was just at Disneyland last weekend and guess what? I saw nothing about this topic. 

7 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

At age 14.. a person does not have complete control over themselves. Therefore they can't responsible for all aspects of their life if they do not control it. Age 18... they have control. 

life threatening comes into it because if it is not absolutely necessary then arguing that it can't be delayed is a bit silly. 

I have stated numerous times that this issue ranks about 856th or so on my priority list. however, folks can't and will not stop talking about it. Only time that I see trans stuff is on here. I was just at Disneyland last weekend and guess what? I saw nothing about this topic. 

If you're fine delaying any permanent changes until legal adulthood, what about puberty blockers and social transition prior to that point? Because those are also being targeted, not just surgeries (which are extremely rare anyway).

1. At age 14.. a person does not have complete control over themselves. Therefore they can't responsible for all aspects of their life if they do not control it. Age 18... they have control. 

2. life threatening comes into it because if it is not absolutely necessary then arguing that it can't be delayed is a bit silly. 

3. I have stated numerous times that this issue ranks about 856th or so on my priority list. however, folks can't and will not stop talking about it.

1. So their parents have say.  But not in all matters, legally.

2. That criteria is ridiculous. Health is not only about life saving.

3. Same here.  Moreover, I doubt that most who discuss it have even two trans friends...

7 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

Only time that I see trans stuff is on here. I was just at Disneyland last weekend and guess what? I saw nothing about this topic. 

Did you see anything on the topic of climate change?

I suppose Disney's Oliver Twist movie is their nod to the topic of economic inequality.

10 hours ago, eyeball said:

Did you see anything on the topic of climate change?

I suppose Disney's Oliver Twist movie is their nod to the topic of economic inequality.

A few small things, yes. However, supposedly the trans topic is omnipresent. No matter the time, place, or situation we are inundated with trans propaganda. interesting how I saw not a single word about in 3 days. 

32 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

A few small things, yes. However, supposedly the trans topic is omnipresent. No matter the time, place, or situation we are inundated with trans propaganda. interesting how I saw not a single word about in 3 days. 

We've been over this.  If you willfully and deliberately avoid news then sure. 

But - it was in the news in california over that time:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/california-opens-nation-first-transgender-141500471.html

California Opens Nation’s First Transgender Facility Vote Center 

So sure, if you try to go out of your way to avoiding you probably can but it's there. It's in the news, things are happening, Federally and locally as well quite likely.

So the fact is you're wrong. And we played this game before, where everywhere you went I showed that there was news in that immediate area talking about trans issues. It is dishonest in the extreme to suggest it's not extremely prevalent.

3 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

We've been over this.  If you willfully and deliberately avoid news then sure. 

But - it was in the news in california over that time:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/california-opens-nation-first-transgender-141500471.html

California Opens Nation’s First Transgender Facility Vote Center 

So sure, if you try to go out of your way to avoiding you probably can but it's there. It's in the news, things are happening, Federally and locally as well quite likely.

So the fact is you're wrong. And we played this game before, where everywhere you went I showed that there was news in that immediate area talking about trans issues. It is dishonest in the extreme to suggest it's not extremely prevalent.

So explain why I did not see one word about in Disneyland or Disney CA adventure. Repeat..Disneyland or Disney CA adventure. I was looking.. and yet not a word. Your example is extraneous to that. If I wanted to, I could do a google search about any topic and therefore be exposed to it. 

26 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Supposedly is not the same as actually. But don't try telling that to the reactionaries that would have you believe society has been inundated with sexual perversion and deviancy.

Take Alberta for example, an apparent hotspot where a total of 8 kids had breast surgery relating to gender dysphoria.

The reaction to this would suggest it's in the hundreds or thousands and a clear portent that the End of Days are upon us. They said the same thing back in the 60's when boys started growing their hair and girls started wearing pants.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

So explain why I did not see one word about in Disneyland or Disney CA adventure. Repeat..Disneyland or Disney CA adventure. I was looking.. and yet not a word.

I don't believe you that you were looking. Sorry. We've been down this road before.

You lose your otherwise reasonable mind and pretend that if you close your eyes and don't see something it's not there.  Did you see any personal pronoun nametags or the like? You should have - they've been using them there for a couple of years now. How about gender neutral bathrooms? YOu should have - they opened them there in 2022.  And as i previously pointed out trans people were in the news in california around that time.

So were you walking around with your eyes closed? Disney has MANY trans friendly policies in plain sight.

In canada it's been a major story for a few weeks now about youth transitioning and new laws.

Sorry but it is just untrue in the extreme to pretend they're not in the news or in politics pretty constantly.  The fact YOU choose to be oblivious or dont' see something every single day does not change that fact.

• 2 weeks later...

This seems to be an interesting story related to the justification for the current political/social beliefs on how to deal with children who claim to be of a different gender.

In her summary of the 250-page report, Hughes states that “WPATH-affiliated health-care providers advocate for the destruction of healthy reproductive systems, the amputation of healthy breasts and the surgical removal of healthy genitals as the first and only line of treatment for minors and mentally ill people with gender dysphoria, eschewing any attempt to reconcile the patient with his or her birth sex.”

This, in spite of repeated admissions by WPATH health care professionals “that their practices are based on improvisation, that children cannot comprehend them and that the consent process is not ethical.” For example, one doctor shown in the WPATH files is revealed to tell colleagues in a video call that “most of the kids are nowhere in any kind of brain space to really, really, really talk about (fertility risks) in a serious way.”

https://archive.is/zNzoy

4 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

This seems to be an interesting story related to the justification for the current political/social beliefs on how to deal with children who claim to be of a different gender.

In her summary of the 250-page report, Hughes states that “WPATH-affiliated health-care providers advocate for the destruction of healthy reproductive systems, the amputation of healthy breasts and the surgical removal of healthy genitals as the first and only line of treatment for minors and mentally ill people with gender dysphoria, eschewing any attempt to reconcile the patient with his or her birth sex.”

This, in spite of repeated admissions by WPATH health care professionals “that their practices are based on improvisation, that children cannot comprehend them and that the consent process is not ethical.” For example, one doctor shown in the WPATH files is revealed to tell colleagues in a video call that “most of the kids are nowhere in any kind of brain space to really, really, really talk about (fertility risks) in a serious way.”

https://archive.is/zNzoy

And that comes as no surprise to anyone who's honest about the issue. They don't make any real attempts to see if its a more short term issue that can resolve naturally and they push kids who haven't got the mental capacity to make life changing permanent decisions when they can't possibly form true consent.

It would be no different than allowing 12 year olds to decide if they're ready to have sex with adults.