The UNRWA teachers who slaughtered Jews and the Canadian profs who admire them

In Canada, too many of our professors seem to wish they could have participated in the pogrom

The Israel-Hamas war has exposed an education system that promotes hate and glorifies violence — not only in the Palestinian territories, but right here in Canada.

On Friday, UNRWA, the United Nations agency responsible for ensuring Palestinians remain in a perpetual state of refugeehood, announced that it had fired several staff members after Israel provided credible evidence that they had participated in the Oct. 7 massacre. This prompted numerous countries, including Canada, to pause funding to the agency.

Subsequent reporting revealed that 12 staff members are under investigation, nine of whom work for UNRWA schools, including seven teachers. Unfortunately, this should not come as a surprise.

Yet it’s not only in the Palestinian territories that instructors have been promoting hatred against Jews, glorifying violence and teaching skewed accounts of history. It’s happening right here at home.

BTW - trudeau gave these people a CRAPload of money and just sent another big check moments before announcing funding would halt.

• Like 1

Crickets from those who worship at the alter the United Nincompoops.

Here's another article from 2019 showing corruption at UNWRA.

SUMMARY OF THE SCANDAL
In July 2019, news broke of a major corruption scandal among UNRWA’s senior management. As reported by the media, a leaked confidential report from UNRWA’s ethics office detailed egregious abuses of authority at the highest levels. In the wake of the scandal, UNRWA’s Deputy Commissoner-General Sandra Mitchell and Chief of Staff Hakam Shahwan, both of whom had been implicated in the abuse, resigned. Shahwan claimed his resignation was unrelated to the allegations. Mitchell stated she had resigned for personal reasons.
The ethics report was leaked to the media by a source close to UNRWA, after it appeared that the UN Secretary-General’s office, which reportedly received the report in December 2018, was not taking action. The allegations are currently being investigated by the UN’s Office of Internal Oversight Services (OIOS).
The implicated senior staff, referred to in the ethics report as the “inner circle,” are:

• Commissioner-General Pierre Krähenbühl
  • Deputy Commissioner-General Sandra Mitchell
  • Chief of Staff Hakam Shahwan
  • Senior Adviser to the Commissioner-General Maria Mohammedi

The allegations against them include “sexual misconduct, nepotism, retaliation…and other abuses of authority” which led to an “exodus of senior and other staff” and a toxic and dysfunctional work environment.

https://unwatch.org/unrwa-ethics-scandal-fact-sheet/

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Legato said:

Crickets from those who worship at the alter the United Nincompoops.

Here's another article from 2019 showing corruption at UNWRA.

SUMMARY OF THE SCANDAL
In July 2019, news broke of a major corruption scandal among UNRWA’s senior management. As reported by the media, a leaked confidential report from UNRWA’s ethics office detailed egregious abuses of authority at the highest levels. In the wake of the scandal, UNRWA’s Deputy Commissoner-General Sandra Mitchell and Chief of Staff Hakam Shahwan, both of whom had been implicated in the abuse, resigned. Shahwan claimed his resignation was unrelated to the allegations. Mitchell stated she had resigned for personal reasons.
The ethics report was leaked to the media by a source close to UNRWA, after it appeared that the UN Secretary-General’s office, which reportedly received the report in December 2018, was not taking action. The allegations are currently being investigated by the UN’s Office of Internal Oversight Services (OIOS).
The implicated senior staff, referred to in the ethics report as the “inner circle,” are:

• Commissioner-General Pierre Krähenbühl
  • Deputy Commissioner-General Sandra Mitchell
  • Chief of Staff Hakam Shahwan
  • Senior Adviser to the Commissioner-General Maria Mohammedi

The allegations against them include “sexual misconduct, nepotism, retaliation…and other abuses of authority” which led to an “exodus of senior and other staff” and a toxic and dysfunctional work environment.

https://unwatch.org/unrwa-ethics-scandal-fact-sheet/

These people get into the schools and have a specific focus on teaching the kids to hate jews.  They funnel likely candidates into terrorist groups like Hamas.  And we've given them hundreds of millions and just sent off a 40 million dollar cheque minutes before blacklisting them from funding.

And yeah - the silence speaks volumes.

2 hours ago, herbie said:

Join the pro-Palestine protesters storming the Elbow, Sask PTA meeting and shout at the clouds.
And love your 'moments before' attempt to blame Trudeau  for blocking funding. Was it 60 seconds or 180?

As the day wears on and you become more and more frustrated that nobody buys your leftist crap, i notice it becomes harder and harder to understand what you're saying.

Are you perhaps solar powered?

This has been going on for decades, and most sane people wonder why the rest of the world can not see the bias in a organization that has been taken over and run by 3 rd world countries...maybe it is time to drop out of the UN, that seems to have more failed organization than ones that are working for a better world.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CdnFox said:

BT - trudeau gave these people a CRAPload of money and just sent another big check moments before announcing funding would halt.

I am neutral on this Israel-Hamas conflict, however I just want to comment on the above.  I am absolutely SICK of government heads (this happens throughout the West, not just Canada) handing out their people's hard-won wealth to earn for themselves a reputation as a generous philanthropist.  No, that is not your money, you did not earn that money, you don't have the right to just give it away to another country.  It should be a criminal offence to mis-spend the taxpayers' money like that.

Leaders who do that sicken me.

• Like 3

Indeed, our universities are infested with leftist ideologues. From what I've read most of those arrested on hate crime charges for vandalizing Indo books because its owner is a Jew are university teachers or work in education in some other capacity. 

Can't blame Trudeau for that, though. I blame Conservative premiers who have allowed this to happen and do nothing whatsoever about it. Not a single one has had the balls to take on the educrats and their massive phalanxes of lettered ideologues.

IOW you have the right to free speech, but universities shouldn't. Or all other people that don't agree with your views should lose theirs too?

As for the claim of the thread title, that wasn't a professor that was an instructor. Who got her ass fired.
After they reviewed it like you have to do according to Labour Laws. You just yell You're Fired on TV and TV isn't real which some people seem to forget.

1 hour ago, herbie said:

IOW you have the right to free speech, but universities shouldn't. Or all other people that don't agree with your views should lose theirs too?

Except nobody said university staff can't have free speech.  We are just pointing out their raging neo-Liberal bias.  Their extreme tendency to lean left.  They are supposed to foster diversity of ideas but instead they indoctrinate the students with leftist ideology and punish thoughts that deviate from the orthodoxy.

And it's ironic that you said he wanted people to lose their freedom of speech when it's actually the leftists and the academia who are the biggest offenders.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2024 at 1:36 AM, CdnFox said:

In Canada, too many of our professors seem to wish they could have participated in the pogrom

The Israel-Hamas war has exposed an education system that promotes hate and glorifies violence — not only in the Palestinian territories, but right here in Canada.

On Friday, UNRWA, the United Nations agency responsible for ensuring Palestinians remain in a perpetual state of refugeehood, announced that it had fired several staff members after Israel provided credible evidence that they had participated in the Oct. 7 massacre. This prompted numerous countries, including Canada, to pause funding to the agency.

Subsequent reporting revealed that 12 staff members are under investigation, nine of whom work for UNRWA schools, including seven teachers. Unfortunately, this should not come as a surprise.

Yet it’s not only in the Palestinian territories that instructors have been promoting hatred against Jews, glorifying violence and teaching skewed accounts of history. It’s happening right here at home.

BTW - trudeau gave these people a CRAPload of money and just sent another big check moments before announcing funding would halt.

It doesn't matter if a dozen of employees among 35,000 participate in the attack of the 7th october, it is a pretext of you, Trudeau and Poilievre to cut food and medication to palestinians for accelerating the génocide.

Why should professors feel any pressure to hold back when the federal government has been actively funding UNRWA for many years, including a quarter of a billion dollars since 2016 - all while claiming to be fully aware of how the money was spent

It's true, of course, that even if the government had been consistently opposed to funding terror there would still be academics - and academic institutions - choosing the wrong side. But at least they couldn't claim to represent the establishment view.

2 hours ago, admined said:

Why should professors feel any pressure to hold back when the federal government has been actively funding UNRWA for many years, including a quarter of a billion dollars since 2016 - all while claiming to be fully aware of how the money was spent

It's true, of course, that even if the government had been consistently opposed to funding terror there would still be academics - and academic institutions - choosing the wrong side. But at least they couldn't claim to represent the establishment view.

i mean -  i WANT you to be wrong there but.....

17 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Instructors aren't teachers? The title doesn't mention professors.

I know you're a ditz contrarian that simply likes to blab but can't remember what you wrote when it's recorded there at the top

and the Canadian profs who admire them

but sticking with the alarmist idea that if one person did something you can tar them all...

20 hours ago, herbie said:

There is no freedom of speech in universities. So you're pretending I want to threaten what doesn't exist is disingenuous at best. Job applicants are scrutinized for their ideological conformity with leftist views before being hired and promoted. And constantly monitored, as are students, for improper speech and beliefs by a veritable army of DEI administrators.

And those teachers work to insert ideological material into their lessons in order to indoctrinate students. It's rarely put as clearly as it was in that CUPE teachers handout at York, but it's always understood this is something good to do.

Edited by I am Groot

2 hours ago, herbie said:

I know you're a ditz contrarian that simply likes to blab but can't remember what you wrote when it's recorded there at the top

and the Canadian profs who admire them

but sticking with the alarmist idea that if one person did something you can tar them all...

LOL - well yeah i'll give you that one :)  i thought you meant the teachers but sure i see what you meant now. My bad. :P

The score between us of being stupid and saying stupid things is now  you: 5,020,093,028  me: 1 

Enjoy :)  

8 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

So what are the names of the teachers who actually killed Jews and the profs who admired those particular people? I can’t imagine too many of us being happy with profs who do that in Canada. That would be a very serious issue. 

Lookie here, fellow. It's but one example of the dialogue coming from uni profs in our schools.

B.C. college drops instructor who called Hamas attack ‘amazing, brilliant'

• Thanks 1

On 1/31/2024 at 7:13 PM, Army Guy said:

This has been going on for decades, and most sane people wonder why the rest of the world can not see the bias in a organization that has been taken over and run by 3 rd world countries...maybe it is time to drop out of the UN, that seems to have more failed organization than ones that are working for a better world.  

Bingo:  unfortunately the case that the UN has become a massive 3rd world dominated bureaucracy funded by first world nations.   In the case of Gaza/Palestine the thousands of UN employees that prop the place up could not possibly avoid employing some very hard line Paleo/Hamas supporters.  To find only 12 is total BS.

By the same token showing the total ineffectuality of the UN: the two state solution has faltered horribly with Israeli "settlers" taking over the West Bank.   To think a sea of Jews is somehow going to tolerate two islands of people brought up to hate their very existence is naive in the extreme.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2024 at 10:36 PM, CdnFox said:

What a f'ing weasel. He's trying to claim victory for both sides at the same time. 

Trudeau: "Look, I doubled the paycheque to the terrorist org today!"

One minute later...

Trudeau: "Look, I put a stop-payment on the terrorist org's next paycheque!"

Every Canadian with an IQ below 60: "That's why I always vote Liberal, except for the times I vote NDP or Green."

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

So what are the names of the teachers who actually killed Jews and the profs who admired those particular people? I can’t imagine too many of us being happy with profs who do that in Canada. That would be a very serious issue. 

-At Wilfrid Laurier University in Waterloo, Ontario, assistant professor of social work Dr. Jessica Hutchison had this advice for conscientious Canadians: “I hope your upcoming acknowledgements will include support for Palestinians who are taking their land back from settler colonizers.”

-The union representing teaching assistants and part-time instructors at McMaster University, CUPE local 3906, expressed similar delight, “Palestine is rising, long live the resistance,”

-A pro-Palestinian student group in Montreal faced backlash on the weekend for sharing social media posts that described Saturday's attack on Israel as heroic and encouraged people to ``celebrate the resistance's success'' at a weekend rally.

-A Université de Montréal (UdeM) lecturer has been suspended after he was involved in Wednesday's chaotic clash at Concordia University related to the Israel-Hamas war. 

-A video shared on social media shows a man identified by UdeM as Yannis Arab, a history lecturer, engaged in a fierce shouting match with someone who is off-camera.

-A faculty member of Langara College in Vancouver who celebrated the Hamas attacks against Israel on Oct. 7 has been dismissed from her position, according to a statement released by the college on Jan. 26.

-Natalie Knight, an English instructor and Indigenous curriculum consultant at the college, had called the Hamas attacks, which killed close to 1,200 people, “an amazing, brilliant offensive” during a pro-Palestinian rally in front of the Vancouver Art Gallery on Oct. 28.