Texas Military MOBILIZES for SHOWDOWN

Many don't know that Texas has its own independent military (in addition to the National Guard).
There is currently a major campaign underway to recruit more soldiers into the Texas Army.
Texas Governor Greg Abbott is a lot more dangerous than he looks. Behind his conciliatory verbal appearance are hidden very decisive actions that he carries out without hesitation. On the other hand, there is a possibility that the deep state is willing to do anything to prevent Trump from winning the election, even at the cost of civil war.

Edited by athos

This has been absolutely fascinating to me and the lack of media attention has been surprising. I mean there's some but given that the last time we saw a state with it's own military square off with the federal gov't forces it was the beginning of the civil war.

Biden can't afford to wind up going to literal war with texas during an election year.  THis is going to look absolutely horrible. But if he backs off now he sets the precedent that states CAN have their own 'immigraiton and border' policy and enforce it.  What if trump decides to lean into that and give cash to the  individual states to take over the enforcement?

This will be very interesting to watch play out.

• Like 1

gee, everything i can look up about the "texas military" has "national guard" in the name. and Abbot himself appears to know that he's not in full control of the national guard.

Abbott: Texas prepared in ‘unlikely event’ Biden federalizes National Guard  (note Abbott does not mention how he is prepared)

so i think this is more internet dream theatre.

• Like 2

the video of the "confrontation" appears to be border agents attempting to get to a mother and two children who were drowning. Texas militia just looked on.

Video shows Texas National Guard soldiers appearing to ignore a mother and baby’s pleas for help in the Rio Grande

sends a message i guess. the screams of the children are horrifying.

and Biden says he will shut down the border on day one if given the lawful ability. GOP... meh.

Biden says he’ll shut down the border if deal gives him authority

• Like 1

5 hours ago, godzilla said:

gee, everything i can look up about the "texas military" has "national guard" in the name. and Abbot himself appears to know that he's not in full control of the national guard.

Abbott: Texas prepared in ‘unlikely event’ Biden federalizes National Guard  (note Abbott does not mention how he is prepared)

so i think this is more internet dream theatre.

No, texas has a military force seperate from the guard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Military_Forces

4 hours ago, godzilla said:

the video of the "confrontation" appears to be border agents attempting to get to a mother and two children who were drowning. Texas militia just looked on.

Video shows Texas National Guard soldiers appearing to ignore a mother and baby’s pleas for help in the Rio Grande

sends a message i guess. the screams of the children are horrifying.

and Biden says he will shut down the border on day one if given the lawful ability. GOP... meh.

Biden says he’ll shut down the border if deal gives him authority

Biden has already let in more people in 2023 than trump did in his entire term.

Sorry, NOBODY with a brain is buying the idea that biden is the great defender of the border :) he wants it open, he likes it open. he wishes it were more open  :)  

17 hours ago, godzilla said:

the screams of the children are horrifying...

The degree to which people can puff up 'threats' is hard to believe.

"Threats" of the left... trans women... drowning children...

It's ok everyone: FEEL SAFE BECAUSE GOD'S ARMY IS MOBILIZING

https://www.vice.com/en/article/5d9adk/trucker-convoy-eagle-pass-texas-border-dispute-christian-nationalism

Lack of mature centrist voices in a society will lead to no good...

Edited by Michael Hardner
  • Thanks 2

President Trump has ordered the GOP representatives to block any move President Biden makes to close the border. It is President Trump who is forcing the border open.

As for Governor Abbott, is he about to engage in insurrection? That would mean the end of his political career.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Lack of mature centrist voices in a society will lead to no good...

Mike...on this we agree. So, when there's a problem, best practices say that identifying the root cause of the problem, is the first step. So...

Who decided to open the border?

Who decided to allow the thousands in Canada and millions in the usa?

What's the root cause here Mike?

Come on...this is a layup. What's the answer?

You want cooler heads to prevail? Then remove the root cause to the problem, instead of waffling away.

11 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

President Trump has ordered the GOP representatives to block any move President Biden makes to close the border. It is President Trump who is forcing the border open.

As for Governor Abbott, is he about to engage in insurrection? That would mean the end of his political career.

OMG!

Mandy...Biden has no intention of closing the border. That much is incredibly obvious. 

Edited by Nationalist

23 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

OMG!

Mandy...Biden has no intention of closing the border. That much is incredibly obvious. 

Trump has ordered the GOP to keep the border open and to block the bill that would  address the border. Did you not hear Romney's response?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CdnFox said:

This has been absolutely fascinating to me and the lack of media attention has been surprising. I mean there's some but given that the last time we saw a state with it's own military square off with the federal gov't forces it was the beginning of the civil war.

Biden can't afford to wind up going to literal war with texas during an election year.  THis is going to look absolutely horrible. But if he backs off now he sets the precedent that states CAN have their own 'immigraiton and border' policy and enforce it.  What if trump decides to lean into that and give cash to the  individual states to take over the enforcement?

This will be very interesting to watch play out.

If Abbott creates his own military politicized, Biden will take him to court and let the courts decide. If Abbott remains in violation of a court order, Biden will order his arrest. 

30 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Honestly I don't know.  Problem solving requires cool heads I agree.

Mike, I handed you the answer. Why deny yourself the obvious?

Unless...you don't like the answer?

29 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Trump has ordered the GOP to keep the border open and to block the bill that would  address the border. Did you not hear Romney's response?

They want more money. Why? So they can process illegals faster so the border optics aren't so bad.

Come on Mandy...you know this from the history of these flakes.

2 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

I'm only half American

and that half is actually Californian

my father was a Beatnik intellectual who went to Berkeley on a scholarship

How many other Berkeley beatniks had sons that went on to join the RCR I wonder...

I doubt that he could have imagined a more unlikely scenario as he was walking around that campus checking out the coeds.  

30 minutes ago, Rebound said:

If Abbott creates his own military politicized, Biden will take him to court and let the courts decide. If Abbott remains in violation of a court order, Biden will order his arrest. 

Well the military is already there, texas pays for and maintains it's own small army on top of the guard.  But - if biden creates what would amount to a constitutional crisis in Canada (not sure what it's called in the states) then it's not as simple as arresting Abbott - who's pretty popular btw.   It would be a political disaster of epic proportions in many of the southern states politically and he would look like a failure to the rest of the nation.  How can you lead the union if you can't keep them united? Trump would eat him alive.

So - it's going to be a little more of an issue than that.

9 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Sorry, NOBODY with a brain is buying the idea that biden is the great defender of the border

I can't tell if you're joking right now. 

You know that they said it on CNN, right? 

Anyone dumb enough to still be watching that crap is powerless to believe otherwise now.

Go ahead: ask robo, eyeball, beave, hodad, godzilla, crakho, MH, chihuahua, etc if they all believe that Biden is the great defender of the border. 

Don't say I didn't warn you. 

39 minutes ago, Rebound said:

The US is a pretty interesting place. I wonder what the legality of Abbot's army actually is if push comes to shove. 

If Texas decides to secede from the USA would there be another civil war? 

I don't think they're there right now, but another 'unlikely' Biden win and the prospect of another 4-yr invasion would be too much for a LOT of Texans. 

7 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

The US is a pretty interesting place. I wonder what the legality of Abbot's army actually is if push comes to shove. 

If Texas decides to secede from the USA would there be another civil war? 

I don't think they're there right now, but another 'unlikely' Biden win and the prospect of another 4-yr invasion would be too much for a LOT of Texans. 

Texas isn’t going to secede from the United States. This is all talk and false bravado.  They want to distract people’s attention away from what’s important so they manufacture conflicts and pretend there’s a crisis which only they can solve. 

If the GOP thought there was an urgent immigration crisis that needed attention, they would pass legislation to do something about it, wouldn’t they? Instead, it’s a “crisis” which they have deliberately chosen to manufacture.  Biden lets refugees in because the law requires it. The law requires it because the Republicans refuse to change it.  And you think this will lead to armed conflict? Geez. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

They want more money. Why? So they can process illegals faster so the border optics aren't so bad.

Come on Mandy...you know this from the history of these flakes.

The only importance to us is it is holding up aid to Ukraine. If Ukraine is over run by Putin, it will not only create another Holodomor, but it will start a domino effect. It is going to lead to a war between Russia and Nato. All because President Trump is blocking the US Administration from taking action on the border with Mexico. 

34 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I doubt that he could have imagined a more unlikely scenario as he was walking around that campus checking out the coeds.  

my father, as the Canadian Nationalist, was the one who indoctrinated me

as his father was RCAF, veteran of the Second World War

and his grandfather was 72nd ( Overseas ) Battalion, The Seaforth Highlanders of Canada

whom fought in every battle, from the Ypres Salient to Mons on the last day of the war

to include standing atop Vimy Ridge in April of 1917

The ironic thing many of President Trump's supporters overlook is not only will he do all he can to prevent the Biden administration from doing anything about the border issue, but when President Trump takes office a year from now, he won't care about the border. He won't do anything because he doesn't have to. He won his election and that is all he cares about. 

In the long run, there isn't much anyone can do about the border. You can't bar refugees and asylum claimants from entry. There is over $800 billion worth of trade crossing the border every year, so you can't seal it off completely.

7 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

my father, as the Canadian Nationalist, was the one who indoctrinated me

as his father was RCAF, veteran of the Second World War

and his grandfather was 72nd ( Overseas ) Battalion, The Seaforth Highlanders of Canada

whom fought in every battle, from the Ypres Salient to Mons on the last day of the war

to include standing atop Vimy Ridge in April of 1917

That is a very accomplished family. You must be incredibly proud.

Did he meet a lot of like-minded (patriotic) people there? I can't imagine there'd be many there in this day and age.