Canada & NATO

On 1/14/2024 at 7:05 AM, Michael Hardner said:

That would leave us as a weak opponent, next door to the US.  

We're weak because we have weak leadership. Lack of patriotism. Lack of morality and honor.

Could we ever fend off an attack from any of them? No. We just don't have the manpower.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/military-transgender-caf-policy-1.4978669

Or trany power...argh...

On 1/13/2024 at 8:48 PM, Moonlight Graham said:

Yeah Canada is ready to defend themselves against Russia and China for sure LOL

In 1960, the Soviets and Maoist China were united and wanted to change the world.

In 2020, Russia and China are different countries.

We now live in a different world. I fear that today, we live in a world like the 1890s - we have forgotten what war is. 

Putin doesn't like NATO. Un just hates it. Every single aggressive dictator thug on this planet hates NATO because it's pretty much the only real entity that can stop them. What else is there? Does it exist? Can it be seen, in the reality?

He doesn't believe NATO is necessary. Only coincidences, of course. Just believe.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2024 at 7:22 PM, August1991 said:

In 1960, the Soviets and Maoist China were united and wanted to change the world.

In 2020, Russia and China are different countries.

We now live in a different world. I fear that today, we live in a world like the 1890s - we have forgotten what war is. 

you have a TV, you can watch one of many conflicts going on in the world, Canadians don't fear war because they think it will never come to us....but they are forgetting we always go to it...Always, regardless of the cost to our young people, 

This time however both men and women will be donning the uniforms and stepping into old equipment, left over from the cold war...We have done this for every conflict we get involved with, just not very smart when it comes to learning the lessons taught by history....

On 1/15/2024 at 9:55 AM, OftenWrong said:

How will Trannys fight on the battlefield, if their wigs keep comin' off?

It's unconscionable...

:blink:

Nails....they nail them on then strap a helmet on over that, it's all the liberals that will get drafted that has got me concerned...the whining will be endless..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Army Guy said:

.....Canadians don't fear war because they think it will never come to us....but they are forgetting we always go to it...

I disagree.

Many people now living in Canada have a different view of war, and world history.

18 hours ago, August1991 said:

I disagree.

Many people now living in Canada have a different view of war, and world history.

Canada as a nation has answered all the calls for foreign wars when requested..., Boar war, WWI, WWII, Korea, Afghanistan any conflict with Russia and China will some how draw us into those as well...

It is not going to make a difference what they think if their government decides to send us to war then they are going to pack their stuff and go...or face jail...It has never made a difference and these new generations think it might or they might change things ...but they are wrong...they will face the music like previous generations...And like previous generations who thought we did not have to prepare for future wars, will also pay a huge price with their lives, like WWI, and WWII when the nation thought they did not need a well equipped military...

But our government sent them into battle anyways, prepared or not. That lesson has not been learned yet not after WWI, WWII, Korea, not ever...because we live in a nation that does not spend money on equipment that saves lives, it is cheaper to bury our citizens than equip them, and any lessons we learn from that conflict will be quickly forgotten, along with those that sacrificed their lives...

• Like 1

On 1/27/2024 at 8:53 PM, Army Guy said:

Canada as a nation has answered all the calls for foreign wars when requested...,

AG, this is true.

Some 100 or so Canadian soldiers died in Afghanistan - about 500 in Korea. I live in Montreal and near my place, there's a war memorial that records the names of men who died in the Boer War.

In the June 1944 landing, there were five so-called "beaches". One beach involved Canadians. Why? Canadians had the experience of landing in Dieppe in 1942 )

Lester Pearson was a soldier in WWI. He won a Nobel Peace Prize.

Henry Kissinger was a soldier in WWII. He also won a Nobel Peace Prize.

To avoid another disaster of history (such as happened between 1914-1945), we need a new structure of peace.

On 1/30/2024 at 8:56 PM, August1991 said:

AG, this is true.

Some 100 or so Canadian soldiers died in Afghanistan - about 500 in Korea. I live in Montreal and near my place, there's a war memorial that records the names of men who died in the Boer War.

In the June 1944 landing, there were five so-called "beaches". One beach involved Canadians. Why? Canadians had the experience of landing in Dieppe in 1942 )

Lester Pearson was a soldier in WWI. He won a Nobel Peace Prize.

Henry Kissinger was a soldier in WWII. He also won a Nobel Peace Prize.

To avoid another disaster of history (such as happened between 1914-1945), we need a new structure of peace.

If it is true, then why do we not prepare for the next conflict...

Those memorials do nothing, but serve as a place to gather during the one day a year we honor our fallen...the rest of the year they are places where Canadians party , pi$$ on, take a dump on , even have sex on...steal the plaques off because they are made of some metal that worth a few dollars ... waste of money...

Want a country that is grateful for Canadian soldiers sacrifices, see Holland...see their memorials, and grave sites where Canadians are buried, cared for 365 days a year, each grave has a student assigned to it, flowers are placed on it weekly, the sites look like a golf course they are that well cared for...no one takes a pi$$, or dump there...there is respect...here in Canada we can't even treat our veterans with respect...But it should make all of us proud that for our soldiers to get respect they need to travel outside the country...

Canadians had their own beach, because we asked for it, our military had grown from a couple thousand to hundred of thousands, Canadians were known as warriors back then, cold hearted, warriors  that struck fear in their enemies hearts because they were ruthless.. It was the Canadian military's that took almost all of their objectives on day one on D-DAY, they advanced further , under the heaviest enemy concentrations of all the beaches... Canadians were the Allieds storm troopers...We got Dieppe because nobody else wanted it, that and thanks to the british high command gave it to us...

One could have an endless list of former soldiers that have gone on from military service and made other great accomplishments in their lives....dougie has been posting names and pictures of great Canadians soldiers who this country does not deserve to have and he does it all the time. 

The best structure for peace is to be prepared, carry a big stick, and be trained on how to use it...Thats how you get lasting peace...And have men and women willing to step up and defend this great nation or what is left of it...Today all we have is a hallowed out military, and a government thats like to talk, but is very short on action, and it has cost us our hard won inter national reputation to the point where nobody really notices our presence in the room. ....

5 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Canadians had their own beach, because we asked for it

=======

The best structure for peace is to be prepared, carry a big stick,

1. AG, have you been to Dieppe?  Walked around? Up the coast to the burial site. I did with with my daughter.

2. Disagree. The best structure of peace is a wise stable system: counterweights. 

Edited by August1991

1 hour ago, August1991 said:

1. AG, have you been to Dieppe?  Walked around? Up the coast to the burial site. I did with with my daughter.

2. Disagree. The best structure of peace is a wise stable system: counterweights. 

Yes, while i was stationed in Germany, got to see most of the Canadian battle fields, several times with our unit, they used to do tours on bikes and we would bike most of the french coast line, went to Beaumont hamel where the RNFLD regt fought, vimy ridge... the Maginot line near the German border, it was very humbling as a soldier, to see where Canada's hero fought and died. seen many military commentaries in France, Germany, Holland. and seen a few concentration camps, like Dachau, the one in france, i think they call it monkey mountain, "had lots of monkeys running around the site".

Vimy was impressive, Europe knows and respects its soldiers...you'll never see anything like those memorials in Canada.

You must live in a different planet than i do...peace is brought to a nation through it's preparations for war...and it's wiliness to use all of those tools of war. peace through any other means never lasts,and is always tested...

Edited by Army Guy

22 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

....Beaumont hamel where the RNFLD regt fought, .....

Vimy was impressive, Europe knows and respects its soldiers...you'll never see anything like those memorials in Canada.

pla

Beaumont-Hamel I strongly recommend anyone with a Newfoundland connection to go and and see this place in Europe.

The summer of 1914. Such folly.

I fear that our Gulfstream elites in these 2020s -just as clueless.

Edited by August1991

By curiousity, I went and looked at the battlefields of the Seven Years War and the Napoleonic Wars,

I walked around them.

The so-called war in 1757-1763 was largely a dispute between Austria and Prussia involving Saxony.

There were two treaties: One important treaty signed in Hurtursburg, Saxony. The other signed in a palace south of Paris.

Napoleon, like Hitler, wanted to re-make history.

11 hours ago, August1991 said:

People in Argentina live in peace.

People in Belgium, every so often, have to hide.

Except when they want to take away the British asset of Falklands...

Belgium leaves in relative peace because of NATO....and yes they have hidden, but they have also had to rebuild almost their entire country after each european war. 

12 hours ago, August1991 said:

By curiousity, I went and looked at the battlefields of the Seven Years War and the Napoleonic Wars,

I walked around them.

The so-called war in 1757-1763 was largely a dispute between Austria and Prussia involving Saxony.

There were two treaties: One important treaty signed in Hurtursburg, Saxony. The other signed in a palace south of Paris.

Napoleon, like Hitler, wanted to re-make history.

You seemed to be well traveled, visiting these battlefields what did you learn, that all war is a huge mistake a waste of lives and resources, Thats everyone first opinion, that was my opinion, when you gaze over the graveyards and see nothing but headstones for as far as you can see...entire generations of young men ...entire families uprooted, or killed...

But if you look at each war or conflict history is trying to teach us all that mankind, or peoplekind if your a liberal is that man is capable of some real evil stuff, and this is what we do to each other on a regular basis... you can say we live in peace, becasue your generation has somewhat lived in peace or our conflicts have always been in far away places...and has not come very often to our shores...

Our governments have always with out hesitation answered other nations calls. That is never going to change ever...our young people are the ones that are going to pay the price, be it a limb, mental health, or their lives they are going to pay...and me being on the other side of this equation, have seen the results of not being properly equipped, or trained for combat, that cost is Canadians coming home either in flagged draped aluminum caskets, or bodies torn apart, or with severe PTSD...And yes modern equipment saves lives, lots of lives...

And we as a nation have failed so many generations with improper equipment, invalid training, that one could only come up with one reason for all of this , we either can not afford a properly equipped military...(Which would mean we should also stop sending our troops abroad)...or we can afford it but are to cheap...(which means Canadians lives mean what exactly...not very much...)I mean it is not the politicians kids that are going to war it is your and mine...so they are OK with that decision...

and the next generation will be overlooking their contribution to this nation,with endless rows of crosses... and once a year we will watch a weeping golden cross mothers lay their reef, we will bow our heads, "SORRY" no prayers allowed, and forget them for another year...

There is always going to be men that are willing to risk everything to gain more land and resources...we could just close our eyes and let them have it, or we can stand up and say thats enough, prepare to defend yourselves... 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2024 at 12:13 PM, Army Guy said:

But if you look at each war or conflict history is trying to teach us all that mankind, or peoplekind if your a liberal is that man is capable of some real evil stuff, and this is what we do to each other on a regular basis... you can say we live in peace, becasue your generation has somewhat lived in peace or our conflicts have always been in far away places...and has not come very often to our shores...

Our governments have always with out hesitation answered other nations calls. That is never going to change ever...our young people are the ones that are going to pay the price, be it a limb, mental health, or their lives they are going to pay.

Agreed.

Our federal Chretien government did not agree with Bush Jnr. 

18 minutes ago, August1991 said:

Agreed.

Our federal Chretien government did not agree with Bush Jnr. 

Thats a myth if you think we did not have troops in the gulf war...well over 300 served under US forces, gulf war II , not counting ships and aircraft that were tied to other operations in support of the conflict...That was the liberals telling more of those half truths...