If Putin attacks NATO

6 minutes ago, Aristides said:

I remember that Putin’s territorial ambitions and unprovoked invasion of a neighbour is the cause of them. 

A. It was not "unprovoked". Even if you can't bring yourself to admit it, NATO did have a hand in provoking this reaction, as did the Ukraine government. 

B. This desire for a treaty should have happened last year but...

Edited by Nationalist
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

A. It was not "unprovoked". Even if you can't bring yourself to admit it, NATO did have a hand in provoking this reaction, as did the Ukraine government. 

B. This desire for a treaty should have happened last year but...

When did Ukraine ever attack or present a danger to Russia? What did Ukraine do to deserve what is happening to them. If you think this is justified, you are the one who has no concern for its victims.

4 hours ago, Aristides said:

When did Ukraine ever attack or present a danger to Russia? What did Ukraine do to deserve what is happening to them. If you think this is justified, you are the one who has no concern for its victims.

I think Russia justifies it with the bombardment of Donbas between 2014 an 2020. Personally I don't think Russia's justification warrants the attack but...that's what they did.

I also think inevitable NATO encroachment had a lot to do with it.

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

I think Russia justifies it with the bombardment of Donbas between 2014 an 2020. Personally I don't think Russia's justification warrants the attack but...that's what they did.

I also think inevitable NATO encroachment had a lot to do with it.

Putin just wants as much of Ukraine as he can gobble up. 

Edited by Aristides

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/11/2024 at 9:50 AM, Michael Hardner said:

Answers:

PEW July 2023: 85% of Canadians have no confidence in Putin doing the right thing in world affairs
https://www.pewresearch.org/global/2023/07/10/large-shares-see-russia-and-putin-in-negative-light-while-views-of-zelensky-more-mixed/

And what's that based on? 

Answer: Our propaganda.

Canadians believe that Russia had no legitimate reason to attack Ukraine. They think it just happened because Putin likes to drink blood. 

You might as well ask Canadians to explain the second law of thermodynamics. 85% of them would come up with the wrong answer to that as well.

Cambridge Today Dec 2023: 60% of Canadians approve NATO involvement, including Canadians, in Ukraine
https://www.pewresearch.org/global/2023/07/10/large-shares-see-russia-and-putin-in-negative-light-while-views-of-zelensky-more-mixed/

That's scary AF, but it also explains how Trudeau got elected. 

City March 2022: 90% support common front against Russia
https://toronto.citynews.ca/2022/03/02/poll-canadians-support-ukraine/

We're not divided on some things, it seems.  Of course, I didn't spit out an opinion on this without researching the question first so I'm outside the norm...

That's a sad illustration of just how easy it is to be in the top 10% in this day and age.

On 3/17/2024 at 4:44 PM, WestCanMan said:

And what's that based on? 

Answer: Our propaganda.

Canadians believe that Russia had no legitimate reason to attack Ukraine. They think it just happened because Putin likes to drink blood. 

You might as well ask Canadians to explain the second law of thermodynamics. 85% of them would come up with the wrong answer to that as well.

Putin doesn't like to drink blood in spite of the fact that those who stand up to him wind up dead. He even goes after them in other countries. 

It's based on the fact Putin invaded a smaller neighbour because he wants to resurrect the Russian Empire. 

He is a calculating monster, not a rabid one.

Edited by Aristides

On 3/19/2024 at 10:08 AM, Aristides said:

Putin doesn't like to drink blood

That's a startling admission coming from you. You're a far bigger person than I thought.

in spite of the fact that those who stand up to him wind up dead.

1) His middle name is Killary.

2) Julian Assange says "Hi."

It's based on the fact Putin invaded a smaller neighbour because he wants to resurrect the Russian Empire. 

It's a fact that one of the most common things for leftards to lie about - and there are many - is the reason behind things. "The reason" behind things is easy to lie about, it's like the low-hanging fruit of fabrications. 

The brainwashed horde will never question that type of lie.

Buddy - IF CANADA TRIED TO JOIN WARSAW PACT THE US WOULD INVADE US, 100%, AND THAT'S NOT AN EXAGGERATION. 

Your leftardian credulity, vast ignorance and your shallow understanding of geopolitical realities are all coming to the forefront here. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

IF CANADA TRIED TO JOIN WARSAW PACT THE US WOULD INVADE US, 100%, AND THAT'S NOT AN EXAGGERATION. 

What's likelier is that America will exaggerate your belief that Canada is already a communist dictatorship and come liberate us.

On 2/25/2024 at 5:14 PM, Aristides said:

Putin just wants as much of Ukraine as he can gobble up. 

France wants to send fighting troops into Ukraine. What have I said? That NATO would cause a direct war with Russia. 

Your "side" is flirting with disaster. 

France won’t send troops but it is telling that you think helping Ukraine defend itself is bad but Putin invading a neighbour, bombing the crap out of its population and threatening the rest of the world with nuclear retaliation if it interferes is OK.

Edited by Aristides

6 hours ago, Aristides said:

France won’t send troops but it is telling that you think helping Ukraine defend itself is bad but Putin invading a neighbour, bombing the crap out of its population and threatening the rest of the world with nuclear retaliation if it interferes is OK.

Do you understand that Ukraine is threatening to put NATO in Ukraine, and that they were doing that since before Crimea was annexed?

Can you acknowledge that you understand what that would mean for Russia?

Putin is desperate to blame Ukraine for the concert-attack. That would give him the excuse to step up the war to the next level.

Not everybody in Russia wants to live under the Russian rule. This attack is most probably somethiong to do with that.

21 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Do you understand that Ukraine is threatening to put NATO in Ukraine, and that they were doing that since before Crimea was annexed?

Can you acknowledge that you understand what that would mean for Russia?

Obviously Ukraine needs to be a NATO member, look what happened to them because they aren't. What their invasion has meant is two more NATO members who were once neutral, both of them with very capable militaries.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Aristides said:

Obviously Ukraine needs to be a NATO member, look what happened to them because they aren't. What their invasion has meant is two more NATO members who were once neutral, both of them with very capable militaries.

That's just toxic stupidity right there. 

World leaders who think of soldiers and civilians as bots do that kind of thinking. 

4 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

That's just toxic stupidity right there. 

World leaders who think of soldiers and civilians as bots do that kind of thinking. 

There is toxic stupidity alright but it isn't coming from me. Around 300,000 Russian bots have paid the price for Putin's ambition.

Edited by Aristides

There is toxic stupidity alright but it isn't coming from me. Around 300,000 Russian bots have paid the price for Putin's ambition.

That's small potatoes compared to having NATO right on their border.

What did this kind of thinking cost Zelenski? He's the one to blame for all this, aside from Biden.

13 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

That's small potatoes compared to having NATO right on their border.

What did this kind of thinking cost Zelenski? He's the one to blame for all this, aside from Biden.

Sure, they just wound up with a NATO Finland on their border, all 1300 km of it with a Swedish backup. Genius. 

Zelenski turned out to be Putin's worse nightmare and yours too apparently. Pity.

3 hours ago, Aristides said:

Sure, they just wound up with a NATO Finland on their border, all 1300 km of it with a Swedish backup. Genius. 

Still not nearly as bad as Ukraine in NATO.

Zelenski turned out to be Putin's worse nightmare and yours too apparently. Pity.

Zelenski turned out to be Ukraine's worst nightmare, don't ya think?

I really hope that Zelenskid loses more sleep over all the dead Ukrainians and the destroyed towns, cities, villages and farms than I do.

10 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Still not nearly as bad as Ukraine in NATO.

Zelenski turned out to be Ukraine's worst nightmare, don't ya think?

I really hope that Zelenskid loses more sleep over all the dead Ukrainians and the destroyed towns, cities, villages and farms than I do.

Russia invaded Ukraine you twit, not the other way around. First they annexed Crimea, now they want the rest.

Do you honestly think Ukrainians are fighting so hard for their country because Zelenski is making them? Are you really that stupid?

Edited by Aristides

22 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Russia invaded Ukraine you twit, not the other way around. First they annexed Crimea, now they want the rest.

Did Cuba put a naval blockade around the US in 1972? 

Ukraine earned their beatdown, just like Cuba theoretically did. 

Do you honestly think Ukrainians are fighting so hard for their country because Zelenski is making them? Are you really that stupid?

I can't believe that you're stupid enough to try to draw that parallel [OK, I actually can, but that's beside the point]. I never said anything of the sort, dummy.

Ukrainians are fighting because Zelenski started a war. They have no choice in the matter. 

If Peru attacks Canada tomorrow because of something Trudeau says I'm not gonna roll over just because it was Trudeau's fault, jackass. 

8 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Did Cuba put a naval blockade around the US in 1972? 

Ukraine earned their beatdown, just like Cuba theoretically did. 

I can't believe that you're stupid enough to try to draw that parallel [OK, I actually can, but that's beside the point]. I never said anything of the sort, dummy.

Ukrainians are fighting because Zelenski started a war. They have no choice in the matter. 

If Peru attacks Canada tomorrow because of something Trudeau says I'm not gonna roll over just because it was Trudeau's fault, jackass. 

Your really must think Ukrainians are stupid to believed they are fighting off a country four times their size just because of Zelenski. I know I couldn't depend on you to defend this country, you would just come up with excuses and blame Trudeau, who unlike Putin, doesn't murder his opponents, put people in jail for 15 years for criticizing a war.  and will likely be voted out in the next election. You realize that if you criticized your fictional war with Peru, you would be one of the ones going to jail for 15 years for protesting it.

In 1938 Britain and France handed over the Sudetenland to Hitler for "Peace in Our Time". A year later he came back and took the rest of Czechoslovakia. He then attacked Poland on the pretence of protecting the German population of Danzig. You, Nationalist, his mother in law and the rest of the Putin ass kissers have learned nothing from history but Putin sure has. He knows he can manipulate weak minded people to be his apologists and do his dirty work for him.

31 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Your really must think Ukrainians are stupid to believed they are fighting off a country four times their size just because of Zelenski.

I really think you're stupid.

Zelenski tried to shove NATO up Russia's ass, dry, and it caused a war. 

You can pretend all you want, dumbass, everyone on the planet knows that Ukraine and NATO were openly plotting. Now Ukraine has a much lower skyline. 

Ukrainians are fighting because if you corner a mouse even it will fight. Especially if you give the mouse a few billion worth of weapons. 

I know I couldn't depend on you to defend this country,

Depends on who it's against I guess - I'm no longer a lover of this country. 

NO leftists would fight, that's for sure. You're all gutless liars and scum. You'd easily set about grovelling to a new master. 

you would just come up with excuses and blame Trudeau, who unlike Putin, doesn't murder his opponents, put people in jail for 15 years for criticizing a war.  

You must have missed the whole 'martial law' thing we had going here.

"VEE VILL NOT TOLERATE BOUNCY CASTLES IN ZIS COUNTRY! TRAMPLE! BEAT! ARREST! SEIZE PROPERTY! SEIZE BANK ACCOUNTS! ZE MEDIA MUST SLANDER ALL NON-CONFORMISTS! ZEE UNVAXED ARE RACISTS AND MISOGYNISTS! VY SHOULD VEE TOLERATE ZEM?"

and will likely be voted out in the next election. You realize that if you criticized your fictional war with Peru, you would be one of the ones going to jail for 15 years for protesting it.

Buddy, people went to jail here for protesting against force-vaxing our youth. I'm well aware of our Fuhrer's depravity.

In 1938 Britain and France handed over the Sudetenland to Hitler for "Peace in Our Time". A year later he came back and took the rest of Czechoslovakia. He then attacked Poland on the pretence of protecting the German population of Danzig. You, Nationalist, his mother in law and the rest of the Putin ass kissers have learned nothing from history but Putin sure has. He knows he can manipulate weak minded people to be his apologists and do his dirty work for him.

This war isn't the result of Putin's desire to take over the planet, dummy.

It was NATO that was encroaching and expanding, not Russia, dummy.

If anyone was to take on the role of appeaser here it would have been Russia. "OK, go ahead and add Ukraine. Put tanks and fighters on our western border. We trust you."

Even I don't trust NATO anymore and I live here. It just exists to create more wealth for the US military industrial complex:

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/contributors/the-saturday-debate/the-saturday-debate-should-canada-leave-nato/article_434809fd-23be-5dfe-933e-7dcd7f22ec25.html

• NATO expansion guaranteed a market for American defence companies. To become a member, countries have to institute political, economic and military reforms. They have to move toward a free-market economy and upgrade their militaries to be interoperable with the U.S., which commands the alliance.

This explains why the White House constantly chastises allies like Canada to spend more on their militaries and why Lockheed Martin and General Dynamics are major funders of the NATO Association of Canada, which has its office in Toronto.

At the Wales Summit in 2014, NATO members pledged to spend 2 per cent of GDP on their militaries and of that amount to spend 20 per cent for weapons. To meet those targets, the Canadian government is spending $553 billion to modernize our military over the next 20 years.

No wonder Lockheed Martin Canada enticed retired Canadian Air Force Lt.-Gen. Charles Bouchard, who commanded the NATO operation that destroyed Libya in 2011, to become CEO and help the company secure lucrative defence contracts in Canada.

Canada is planning to buy 88 new fighter jets for $19 billion and to build 15 new warships for $77 billion. Yet, these costly, carbon intensive weapons systems will exacerbate the climate crisis. NATO is locking Canada into fossil-fuelled militarism that will make it much more difficult to decarbonize.

Aristedes, you need to save the world, dummy. NATO is causing global warming!!!!!!

Edited by WestCanMan

NATO is a a defensive alliance, not a country or an empire. After the annexation of Crimea how can you blame Ukraine for wanting to join NATO. Russia has been the aggressor throughout this process. Fortunately, the countries of Europe are a lot smarter than you and understand that the need for NATO is greater than it has been since the beginning of the Cold War. They know who the threat is and it isn't NATO. Putin is just using it as an excuse for his own territorial expansion and you are dumb enough to believe it.

Edited by Aristides

NATO is a a defensive alliance,

Wrong.

NATO was a defensive alliance, now we're an aggressive military alliance. 

Setting up shop on Russia's doorstep was not a defensive act, liar.

After the annexation of Crimea how can you blame Ukraine for wanting to join NATO.

Biden was already talking about Ukraine in NATO long before Crimea, dummy. 

The whole reason behind Biden being in Ukraine as VPOTUS, back when his family crime spree there was happening, was to get Ukraine ready to join NATO. 

You're putting the cart ahead of the horse. 

Russia has been the aggressor throughout this process.

Id10t.

Fortunately, the countries of Europe are a lot smarter than you and understand that the need for NATO is greater than it has been since the beginning of the Cold War. They know who the threat is and it isn't NATO. Putin is just using it as an excuse for his own territorial expansion and you are dumb enough to believe it.

If CNN said that you were an islamic terrorist you'd wear an explosive vest to your family Christmas dinner. 

Where has NATO been aggressive? Who has it invaded? Finland and Sweden didn't abandon their neutrality because they want to invade Russia. Crimea was annexed in 2014, Biden didn't become president until  2020.

Edited by Aristides