The ultimate challenge of GOP: overcome the (very real) threat of authoritarianism

29 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

How about working to undermine international cooperation?

Liars, demagogues any kind of authoritarian grow and thrive in the environment of fear; mistrust; and chaos. Naturally they try to create social environment, habitat in which they can survive. That's how it was always and forever, nothing new here.

You people are nothing without me; you NEED me really; here, I'm talking to you.. do you? please say you do! how could you forget about me?.. no! noooooo!!

Edited by myata

49 minutes ago, myata said:

Liars, demagogues any kind of authoritarian grow and thrive in the environment of fear; mistrust; and chaos. Naturally they try to create social environment, habitat in which they can survive. That's how it was always and forever, nothing new here.

Oddly the one thing that's worse is economic equality and the memes never mention that.

As you mentioned, fear spreading and divisiveness is the biggest goal of the project.

It's a big problem, and we need to fix this top down and bottom up.

27 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

It's a big problem, and we need to fix this top down and bottom up.

A stable framework of broad and shared prosperity. Elusive as ever? This is a challenge way over the governments level. Governments cannot create broad prosperity they are accountants, bean counters. And the society, isn't that interested.

11 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

1) you forgot the CPC does also its how the parliamentary system works don’t forget  

2) DNC doesn’t vote as a bloc

3) The RNC’s inability to agree a House leader while the House is in search after ousting the previous one is a sign of internal dysfunction, period no matter how hard you try to spin it. The fact that they ousted the previous one without first having built a consensus on the replacement is your first clue that the inmates are running the asylum. The second is that even with all the current chaos this has caused they STILL can’t form any compromises or consensus given the urgency of the situation. Thisnis because the RNC politicians have become a grab bag of random grifters, hacks, self-serving opportunists and extremists who have no interest in anything or anyone except themselves. 

No, the CPC doesn't always vote 100% in unison. It's a leftist thing.

The DNC always votes as a bloc. Nancy's gang is just like the Trudeau/Jagmeet gang - when they vote you know the result in advance. 

The RNC has people in it who vote with conscience, period.It's not the same as "Blindly following the leader".

If your MP is an LPOCer, you're completely unrepresented within your riding. Those guys will vote for your annihilation if Trudeau tells them to. 

1 hour ago, myata said:

A stable framework of broad and shared prosperity. Elusive as ever? This is a challenge way over the governments level. Governments cannot create broad prosperity they are accountants, bean counters. And the society, isn't that interested.

I disagree.  Government created a new era of prosperity in the west post WW2, which included equality.

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

I disagree.  Government created a new era of prosperity in the west post WW2, which included equality.

You and @myata...waxing away about equality. How many times must the liberal mind wallow in this depth of the liberal spectrum, before you admit it does not work? By the same token...and for the same reason...nor does the far end of the conservative spectrum. Greed.

But...if you can learn how to use the 2 sides of politics properly...things like democracy, freedom, and social justice can work. The trick is to not listen to extremities and learn to ignore fear mongering. Common sense needs to be maintained. 

You simply cannot try to appease all people, but you can please most of the people.

Edited by Nationalist

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Government created a new era of prosperity in the west post WW2

That's an oversimplification but an off-topic here.

30 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

about equality.

Is it the eyes? Or reading skills? Did I mention the word, once?

11 hours ago, robosmith said:

1. YOUR LIES "outed" NOTHING.

2. Most of the right wingers here always admitted Trump LIES all the time.

3. Only a very few of you MAGA CULTISTS cling to justifying your BELIEF that he doesn't.

4. Ooooo, I'm scared. Not.

5. With ANY LUCK at all (not his), Trump will be in prison.

6. Jesus does. Thanks for admitting you're NOT A CHRISTIAN.

7. Again, NO EVIDENCE. Duh

8. You're wrong. You ONLY believe, never think.

1. Save your racism for the minorities. There's no interest for it here. 

2. Trump exaggerates more than he lies. Biden just lies. 

3. Trump exaggerates more than he lies. Biden just lies.

4. Not you, stoopid; the political villains you worship. YOU will be blessed with much better leadership. 

5. Trump isn't going to prison. He's goingto be your President for the second time. ;)

6. Jesus loves people not wrong behaviors. Unrepentant sinners will burn in hell and Jesus will have nothing more to do with them. 

7. Common sense wins the day here. See you at Trump's inauguration ceremony. :D

8. I THINK and I BELIEVE - you do neither; YOU just PARROT. 

19 hours ago, Hodad said:

No, he's generally unpopular. His approval average is the lowest of any president ever and he left office at 34%.

I know you're a fanboy, but there is no reason to expect someone with a 34% approval rating to be reelected. Yet somehow you've convinced yourself that it's impossible that the polls were right. Lol

You're just not rational. Miles from it.

The Left will say and do anything to destroy Donald Trump, and that includes skewing perceptions.

I'm willing to bet that the only thing the Left hasn't done yet is make an attempt on his life. Will they or won't they? THAT is the question. 

20 hours ago, Caswell Thomas said:

Um, inasmuch as both of the two main political news channels show on cable in California already, its people who decide what to view, not a lack of variety in news channels. Where I live we have 4 FOX channels and just two CNN related ones, but then we also get Reuters, NKH ( Japanese television from Japan),  C-SPAN, ABC and NBC both of whom seem to equally post news that backs up CNN, and a Midwest religious tv show that seems very little a out religion and very much a out running down the Democrats.  My father was a personal friend of Richard Nixon and had lunch at the Western White House regularly and my mom knew " Ronnie Reagan " when she was in business in the 60's ,  so I used to vote Republican, but when Trump showed up I became Independent, so I tend to watch all of the programs to see what sounds best for the Country, and that hasn't been the FOX News. I have to agree with myata, the GOP needs to reexamine itself and weed out the crooked conspirators, else the GOP will split into two parties or disappear as a united party. Afterall, the GOP itself is a spin off of the 1854 anti-slavery WHIGS Party, it then changed its name to the Grand Old Party ( GOP) , so it has been done before and could be done again. The MAGA's could have their own party and have endless votes every day on who gets the keys to the executive washroom first. 

The media's just for starters. You also have to get into the legal system, the education system and corporate America. There's a shitload of work to be done. 

5 hours ago, Deluge said:

Diaper dopers cowering under their hallucinations doesn't count. ;) 

January 6th was a protest. Protests come with signs and peaceful intent, Insurrectionists come with weapons and death threats and break into our Nations Capitol while the Electoral process inherent to our Democracy is going on and try to stop it; then leave feces and urine on the walls and floors, steal relics of our history, and call themselves patriots.

On 10/20/2023 at 10:03 AM, WestCanMan said:

Your post was fine up to that point, then it got retarded...

the Wall Street Journal , the most conservative of conservative leaning news sources in the country, every day has had significant negative commentary also...but only for the eight MAGA screwups holding up the GOP and working of the House.  

17 hours ago, Nationalist said:

That's the deal McCarthy made.

It's a man thing. You wouldn't understand.

Yes the House Republican men are insane, like you.

17 hours ago, Nationalist said:

You seem concerned about something. Are you scared I'm right? It's ok Pookie. You'll have a better life too.

I am concerned that you're so frustrated, that like many in the MAGA CULT, you will turn to violence because you're otherwise completely powerless and you've been talking like that is YOUR SOLUTION. ?

11 hours ago, Deluge said:

1. Save your racism for the minorities. There's no interest for it here. 

Stop LYING.

2. Trump exaggerates more than he lies. Biden just lies.

Trump LIES every day. And you, like the rest of your CULT naively believe him.

3. Trump exaggerates more than he lies. Biden just lies.

Your parrot got loose and is using your computer.

4. Not you, stoopid; the political villains you worship. YOU will be blessed with much better leadership. 

Already blessed with much better leadership since Trump was deposed.

5. Trump isn't going to prison. He's goingto be your President for the second time. 

Possibly both since your MAGA CULT will vote for a FELON.

But in reality the MAGA CULT is not large enough to elect Trump.

6. Jesus loves people not wrong behaviors. Unrepentant sinners will burn in hell and Jesus will have nothing more to do with them. 

Maybe, but they can repent at any time and escape you fantasy punishment.

7. Common sense wins the day here. See you at Trump's inauguration ceremony. 

Good. That means we'll never meet.

8. I THINK and I BELIEVE - you do neither; YOU just PARROT. 

You ONLY believe you "think." As above, you've proven you're the parrot.

The Left will say and do anything to destroy Donald Trump, and that includes skewing perceptions.

You and Trump are the ones "skewing perceptions," and it only works for Trump with the MAGA CULT who fail to recognize prolific LIES from a CON MAN.

6 hours ago, robosmith said:

Yes the House Republican men are insane, like you.

I am concerned that you're so frustrated, that like many in the MAGA CULT, you will turn to violence because you're otherwise completely powerless and you've been talking like that is YOUR SOLUTION. ?

Ya gits wut ya pays fer. 

14 hours ago, Caswell Thomas said:

the Wall Street Journal , the most conservative of conservative leaning news sources in the country, every day has had significant negative commentary also...but only for the eight MAGA screwups holding up the GOP and working of the House.  

They are almost treasonous at this point. They're way past the point of "representing their constituents" now.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2023 at 1:03 PM, WestCanMan said:

Your post was fine up to that point, then it got retarded.

Here's something for you to consider: the reason why the GOP still hasn't chosen a speaker is because they are a democratic institution: i.e., representatives vote with their own conscience on behalf of their constituents. 

In the LPOC, DNC and NDP the whole group votes a bloc, 100% of the time. 

That means that whatever Trudeau says, goes. It gives him dictatorial powers. He can discriminate against Canadians and single them out for persecution and the LPOC/NDP bloc never blinks.

Well, dum-dum, if you'd been paying attention, you'd know that this Speaker race has been dictated by one man, Donald Trump. And when the republicans held a secret vote for Speaker, Jordan fared far worse, because the Congressmen being forced to do Trump's bidding privately do not want to.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Well, dum-dum, if you'd been paying attention, you'd know that this Speaker race has been dictated by one man, Donald Trump. And when the republicans held a secret vote for Speaker, Jordan fared far worse, because the Congressmen being forced to do Trump's bidding privately do not want to.

Awww, poor little Rebound is butt-hurt again.

*Yawn*

• Haha 1

Its incredibly amazing to watch the mud puddle the Yankees call politics these days.

The Democrats open the border to Mexico flooding the nation with illegals, drugs and criminals...surrender to a bunch of terrorists...squash the fossil fuel industry...print way too much money...all inducing inflation and serious security concerns...

And they blame Trump. They say the Republicans are trying to destroy democracy, while the attack Trump and anyone close to him relentlessly. They sell the idea that Jan. 6 was a real insurrection, yet ignore the sheer destruction of their Summer of Love.

They've destroyed all public trust in the justice system and most institutions including the media.

But Republicans are the crazed democracy destroyers according to these depraved traitors to society.

"JANUARY 6!!! JANUARY 6!!!"

Ya know what Libbies...you can take your crooked media...your crooked justice system...your cheating and your stupidity...

And FOAD! This abject chickenshit of yours will come to an abrupt and...and then the fun and restoration begins.

Edited by Nationalist
  • Like 1

On 10/22/2023 at 12:22 AM, robosmith said:

Stop LYING.

This is you in a nutshell, robohomo: a false accuser. You sit there all day with your sh*t stained finger pointed at Republicans projecting your sins on them. It's probably the absolute worst someone can attempt against another person.

Pack your bigotry up and peddle it elsewhere. America is sick of your woke activism. 

• Like 2