Hamas Attacks Israel

4 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Looking for excuses?

Palestinians certainly don't need any.

4 hours ago, Nationalist said:

First...I'm no lover of Zionism and the way Israel was taken. Yet it was taken and has stood for a long time now.

That's the very same excuse that's used to explain away reconciliation here in Canada.

If Israel retaliates brutally in which many defenseless innocent civilians mainly women and children are killed then Israel would prove one more time they are as bad as Hamas.

Look I hate Hamas and dislike Arabs in general but I am very much against brutal attack and murder of women and children. People have no control on where they are born. If you were born in Palestine, then you would have been one of those defenseless people.

RESTRAINT instead of anger.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

45 minutes ago, Aristides said:

There are over 2 million people in Gaza.

And if there were zero maybe innocent isrealies would be safe.

Those 2 million people have been pretty vocal about supporting the terrorists (and voting them into power)  so if they REALLY want an 'all out war' then, maybe that's what they should get,

2 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

And if there were zero maybe innocent isrealies would be safe.

Those 2 million people have been pretty vocal about supporting the terrorists (and voting them into power)  so if they REALLY want an 'all out war' then, maybe that's what they should get,

Gaza is the third most populated area on earth and has been called an open air prison. Desperate people are fertile ground for groups like Hamas.

1 minute ago, Aristides said:

Gaza is the third most populated area on earth and has been called an open air prison. Desperate people are fertile ground for groups like Hamas.

So you're saying they're packed pretty close together. Should make it easy then.

Gaza's stated political purpose is the destruction of isreal and it's people. Gaza could easily have a peaceful and prosperous co-existence but CHOOSES not to. Gaza chooses violence regularly and kills its neighbours.

Maybe gaza should have thought about that if it doesn't want to be an 'open air prison', and if it doesn't want to get glassed.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, eyeball said:

Are you referring to a possibility that Netanyahu would do something that might distract from his legal problems?

If Hamas had reason to think this too it might explain their timing.

The old Bill Clinton move?  I could be wrong, but I think the typical  voter in Israel is too sophisticated for that.

The reason for a possible levelling of the playing field is the nuclear reason.   And Iran has a lot of confidence these days, don’t they?  Or at least this latest attack by Hamas would suggest so.

Wait so it's wrong to invade another country and target, attack and kill civilians now? Or only on Tuesdays? Which one? Those right-something folks really leave me confused. Or just a bunch of brainless, principle-less hypocrites, cheapest one could find in any denomination. No one can be this naive or dumb.

Political analysis.

This is all a plot in which Israeli government is a partner. 

Is it impossible to believe that Israeli intelligence and Mossad which has infiltrated Hamas and Palestinian organizations and military and even deeply infiltrated Iranian regime was totally unaware of this invasion?. There were thousands of para military forces and thousands more among Hamas organization and Iranian regime aware of this invasion deep into Israel. The preparations must have taken weeks if not months. Not even one Israeli spy or intelligent office among them? Impossible.

The attack was with full awareness and blessing and maybe even encouragement of Israeli government. The long term political outcome is why Israeli government sacrificed over a thousand civilian lives for long term goals. Many long term goals but one is clear and this is the fact that Israeli army has now the green light to fiercely attack Gaza strip and kill thousands of innocent defenseless civilians without a single protest rally in free world and without a single voice of opposition in the free world or any objection from any Western opposition and completely root out Hamas. Something that was impossible to do just 48 hours ago. Mission impossible accomplished to turn world opinion 100% in support of Israeli brutal actions in Gaza at the cost of sacrificing a thousand innocent Israeli lives, So sad. Politics is dirty.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

The Yom Kippur attack was also a complete surprise to the Israelis. This isn't the first time they were caught by surprise. Oct 6 was the 50th anniversary of the Yom Kippur War.

They may have known something was going to happen but not when and where. 

Edited by Aristides

57 minutes ago, Aristides said:

The Yom Kippur attack was also a complete surprise to the Israelis. This isn't the first time they were caught by surprise. Oct 6 was the 50th anniversary of the Yom Kippur War.

They may have known something was going to happen but not when and where. 

That was 50 years ago. Israeli intelligence was not as strong as today. They have carried out so many attacks against Iranian regime recently. They definitely have many spies within Hamas. Thousands of Hamas fighters and members were involved in actual invasion and month preparations before that. Not one Israeli spy to make a simple call to inform an imminent attack a few hours earlier? Not believable.

9 hours ago, eyeball said:

Palestinians certainly don't need any.

That's the very same excuse that's used to explain away reconciliation here in Canada.

Palestinians could just stop bombing. They've already been colonized. Like the natives here, best thing they can do for themselves is assimilate. 

4 hours ago, Aristides said:

Maybe but it's amazing what kind of conclusions people will come to based on what they don't know.

Yes, if you read the Ukrainian plane shot down by two missiles in which 176 people many Canadians were killed, soon adder I posted that this was a terrorist action by Islamic Republic regime purposely shooting down a civilian airplane over Iranian skies, Many people called my post extreme even to Islamic Republics standards. I was proven right years later. Now it is proven beyond any doubt that the regime of Islamic Republic ordered the shooting down of civilian aircraft.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

I strongly 

On 10/7/2023 at 9:25 AM, Nationalist said:

Disagree.

====

Years ago, I traveled from Jordan to Israel. I crossed the border by bus.

While in Jordan, I hitch-hiked.  Men picked me up. The conversation eventually turned to: "They took our land."

While in Israel, I also hitch-hiked. Women and and men picked me up.  The conversation eventually turned to: "They want to push us into the sea."

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Palestinians could just stop bombing. They've already been colonized. Like the natives here, best thing they can do for themselves is assimilate. 

I'm sure I must have asked people who've said the same thing over the years to let me know how that works out.

So how is that working out btw?