Trudeau says intelligence shows India was behind slaying of Sikh leader in Surrey, B.C.

CdnFox

13 hours ago, CdnFox said:

You're kidding right? You've never heard of Pierre Polievre?

Yes, but I've never heard anyone say that he's a terrorist. It's a completely lame comparison.

Nijjar is the head of a group that officially takes credit for murders.

So have canada arrest him, or make peace with the fact he's outside of your influence.

He has been considered a terrorist by India for years, obviously Canada wasn't going to do anything. 

We were trying to work a trade deal with India while we were harbouring terrorists who target them. We were actually treating India like a little b1tch and it blew up in our face.

Then this is unacceptable. There's no two ways. It's just that simple.

It's completely acceptable imo. We got smacked across the face ad it was our own fault.

IF that's your position as a country you declare war on that country that harbours terrorists.Get it?

India decided to handle their business in a more discreet way than to declare war against Canada. 

They don't have a beef with Kenny from Timmy's and Kathy from your bank. They had a beef with Nijjar, and they have a beef with Canada, and they handled both things reasonably: Nijjar is dead, Canada had their plans for a trade deal shelved. 

IMO Nijjar wasn't worth a full-scale war. A single bullet was plenty. 

Then we should treat it as an act of hostility appropriately, sever all ties with india, and look at retaliation. 

Wow. Were you just kidding when you wrote that?

1) Trudeau did treat it as an act of hostility: he b1tched about it.

2) Ties are severed to some extent, because we are no longer working on a trade deal with India

3) We kinda retaliated when we expelled one of their diplomats. Are you saying that wasn't enough? If so, then retaliation against whom? Are you saying that our gov't should kill an Indian citizen? 

Do you really want to have an escalating battle against India for a f'ing terrorist? 

Consider mine as 1 vote for "Throw Nijjar in a box and chuck him in a hole: a decent burial is more than he deserves. Pretend to investigate his death and secretly send Modi a box of chocolates and some wine. Negotiate a trade deal, and then be thankful for the increased prosperity in your nation. And in the future, take a way, way, way, way, way more active approach to curbing terrorist threats against countries that we are on good terms with."

Honest to God, the last thing I want is for other countries to legitimately say:

"With friends like Canada, who needs enemies?" 

I hate being ^that^ guy. I know how exactly how to treat my friends, and I know how to treat terrorists who are enemies of my friends. The difference is visible from space.

Edited by WestCanMan

13 hours ago, Aristides said:

If you are going to play that kind of whataboutism, Iran was justified in going after Salman Rushdie in the UK or US.

Salman Rushdie pissed off an entire country. That was his choice. 

If a single person draws the ire of 60M should another country protect that guy? 

Maybe an excuse to go to war with Iran is worth it though. 

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Yes, but I've never heard anyone say that he's a terrorist. It's a completely lame comparison.

Ahem.  https://globalnews.ca/news/8989888/diagolon-explainer-jeremy-mackenzie-pierre-poilievre/

Nijjar is the head of a group that officially takes credit for murders.

Says who.  Where's the proof.  Where is there even any evidence of  that?

He has been considered a terrorist by India for years, obviously Canada wasn't going to do anything. 

Because there is zero evidence.  And india's beef with him was at the tie he was organizing a referendum.  THink about that.  He was organizing a political vote ... and they killed him, There's your 'terrorism'.

We were trying to work a trade deal with India while we were harbouring terrorists who target them. We were actually treating India like a little b1tch and it blew up in our face.

It's completely acceptable imo. We got smacked across the face ad it was our own fault.

India decided to handle their business in a more discreet way than to declare war against Canada. 

They don't have a beef with Kenny from Timmy's and Kathy from your bank. They had a beef with Nijjar, and they have a beef with Canada, and they handled both things reasonably: Nijjar is dead, Canada had their plans for a trade deal shelved. 

IMO Nijjar wasn't worth a full-scale war. A single bullet was plenty. 

Wow. Were you just kidding when you wrote that?

1) Trudeau did treat it as an act of hostility: he b1tched about it.

2) Ties are severed to some extent, because we are no longer working on a trade deal with India

3) We kinda retaliated when we expelled one of their diplomats. Are you saying that wasn't enough? If so, then retaliation against whom? Are you saying that our gov't should kill an Indian citizen? 

Do you really want to have an escalating battle against India for a f'ing terrorist? 

Consider mine as 1 vote for "Throw Nijjar in a box and chuck him in a hole: a decent burial is more than he deserves. Pretend to investigate his death and secretly send Modi a box of chocolates and some wine. Negotiate a trade deal, and then be thankful for the increased prosperity in your nation. And in the future, take a way, way, way, way, way more active approach to curbing terrorist threats against countries that we are on good terms with."

Honest to God, the last thing I want is for other countries to legitimately say:

"With friends like Canada, who needs enemies?" 

I hate being ^that^ guy. I know how exactly how to treat my friends, and I know how to treat terrorists who are enemies of my friends. The difference is visible from space.

Yeah yeah -  all your reason s why you're happy to sell out canada.

You are every bit as bad as those who forced vaccines on people becuase THEY thought it was a great idea and that alone justified violating people's rights and sovereignty.  You're no better than justin turning a blind eye to the chinese buying elections because it benefited him.

Either canada has sovereignty and our people have rights or we don't. You're willing to sell ours cheap just like the libs were in the pandemic or with the chinese.  I believe our sovereignty is worth something. I think it matters even when you don't like the other guy.  And if there's evidence of a crime then you arrest the person and if there isn't then you don't get to kill him on the side

2 hours ago, Aristides said:

We have an extradition treaty with India but like with the US, we will not extradite someone to be executed.

All we know for sure about Nijjer is that he was promoting a referendum on independence, the terrorism accusations are just that. 

No, we don't have to extradite if we don't have the treaty for that.  But .......we are also responsible for our own citizens.   Just because we pride ourselves as democratic, doesn't give us any right to INTERFERE, let alone our citizens commit terrorist acts with impunity!

All we know is what Trudeau is saying right now!

Where are the evidence?

How come other nations aren't pointing any finger directly at INDIA government?

We do know though, that INTERPOL has this Sikh leader on its list, as a terrorist.  And this individual's application to come to Canada has been rejected so many times!   THERE HAS TO BE A REASON FOR ALL THOSE REJECTIONS!

Edited by betsy

2 minutes ago, betsy said:

I hope this accusation against India isn't all "theatre" to try to improve sagging polls.

Well there's probably at least some substance to it, there was an investigation already on going and the police were clearly worried before this happened that the indian gov't might try something based on the reported advice and such they gave him (wear a bp vest, stay out of public site, etc)  And the guy was in the middle of organizing a mock referendum that would have been embarrassing to India.  So it's at least a plausible charge.

But he's going to have to release a little actual evidence pretty quick, especially if he wants support from any of our allies.

3 hours ago, betsy said:

No, you're not welcome here to kill anyone who has wronged you.

But it should be that our citizens are not FREE to commit terrorisms in other countries. 

If Canada does an injustice by protecting terrorists - then I think victims of terrorisms, can exact their own kind of justice.  :shrug:

Right.  So my point is that we need to know more details about this guy and the accusations against him, and against the Indian government.  There's a lot of unproven claims being made by everyone.

I really don't think we'll learn the truth though because of all the politicking that's happening, unless some investigative journalism uncovers some things

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Global.

Diagolon.

Q796QSn.gif

Says who.  Where's the proof.  Where is there even any evidence of  that?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalistan_Tiger_Force

In November 2011 KTF claimed responsibility for explosives that were captured which were to be used Sajjan Kumar who was involved in the 1984 anti-Sikh riots.[13]

On April 12, 2023, 4 Indian Army soldiers were killed in Bathinda. KTF claimed responsibility although police denied their involvement.[14]

Who "claims responsibility" for murdered cops aside from a terrorist group? 

Nijjar is the leader of that group, acccording to the world Sikh Organization. Has he ever denied it? 

Because there is zero evidence. 

Aside from the fact that he's the leader of an actual terrorist organization. Most people would consider that "at least some evidence". 

And india's beef with him was at the tie he was organizing a referendum. 

That's patently false, there's far more to it than just that. 

THink about that.  He was organizing a political vote ... and they killed him, There's your 'terrorism'.

The "referendum" was about partitioning India, and this ain't the Indian gov't's first partition rodeo. Ten times as many Indians died from the last partition than the total number of Canadian soldiers that died in WWi and WWII combined. 

I'm sure you could understand why the gov't of India wants that issue laid to rest, right?

You sure are tolerant of a terrorist leader here interfering in India's politics. 

Yeah yeah -  all your reason s why you're happy to sell out canada.

I want Canada to be on good terms with India, a global giant. 

I'm "selling out" a terrorist. Good riddance.

You are every bit as bad as those who forced vaccines on people becuase THEY thought it was a great idea and that alone justified violating people's rights and sovereignty.  You're no better than justin turning a blind eye to the chinese buying elections because it benefited him.

You're protecting the rights of a single terrorist m0r0n ahead of Canada's own legitimate interests.

DIG A HOLE!!!!!!!! 

Either canada has sovereignty and our people have rights or we don't. You're willing to sell ours cheap just like the libs were in the pandemic or with the chinese.  I believe our sovereignty is worth something. I think it matters even when you don't like the other guy.  And if there's evidence of a crime then you arrest the person and if there isn't then you don't get to kill him on the side

Our sovereignty can't be guaranteed by our own force of arms, we wouldn't last ten minutes protecting all of our natural resources and valuable real estate. Our sovereignty relies, to great extent, on being "good neighbours". 

Right now we're on the hook for harbouring terrorists against the US and India. We are anything but good neighbours. 

18 minutes ago, taxesanddeath said:

Truth or not truth. Just look at the murder of Henry Liu and other cases, it makes Canada look as weak as Hugh Hefner's private part in his 90s.

1) Good to see you here again...

2) This guy?

On 15 October 1984, Liu was shot to death [zh] in the garage of his home in Daly City, California shortly after 9 a.m.[4][7]

I must be missing something...

2 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

So - no evidence whatsoever.  The indian gov't says he 'met' with the guy who started it. And might have been helping with planning with no specifics, no evidence.

our gov't says the truckers were funded by the americans and backed by the russians. Sooo....

Who "claims responsibility" for murdered cops aside from a terrorist group?

A group who wants to seem powerful but isn't. The cops say they weren't involved.  But either way there's no evidence this guy had anything to do with that,

In fact you haven't presented ANY evidence he's any kind of leader of this org. Even the Indian gov't hasn't, other than to say they believe he met with the leaders once. Did he CLAIM to be a leader? Did others say he was introduced as a leader? Do they have any real evidence?

No? - hhmmm. Sometimes it's just easiest to brand political dissidents you don't like as 'terrorists' or 'extremists'.

7 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

The "referendum" was about partitioning India, and this ain't the Indian gov't's first partition rodeo.

Do you think we should ask the indian gov't to kill the current leader of the bloc ? He must be fair game in your mind.

I'm sure the indian gov't doesn't like that idea but that's not an acceptable reason to kill him on canadian soil.

I want Canada to be on good terms with India, a global giant. 

By bowing down and sucking their weenies? And saying "sure - do whatever you like in our country, we're your humble servants'?

I prefer canada to be sovereign. 

9 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

You're protecting the rights of a single terrorist m0r0n ahead of Canada's own legitimate interests.

Other way around.  You're selling out Canada's own legitimate interest because you don't like one m0r0n.  You're  a pretty cheap date, doesn't take much to get you to throw our rights as a country into the garbage bin.

Next time trudeau wants to force a vaccine down everyone's throat we'll just have to tell you that India wants you to and i'm sure you'll be all right with it :)

Either you have sovereignty or you don't. It's really that simple.  Don't throw it away so lightly.

On 9/18/2023 at 6:52 PM, CdnFox said:

IF true it's horrible and we should definitely care and take action.

The Indian government had designated that individual as a terrorist.

The American government designated Osama Bin Laden as a terrorist and went into Pakistan and killed him.

Kind of the same thing when you look at it.

3 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

So - no evidence whatsoever.  The indian gov't says he 'met' with the guy who started it. And might have been helping with planning with no specifics, no evidence.

our gov't says the truckers were funded by the americans and backed by the russians. Sooo....

A group who wants to seem powerful but isn't. The cops say they weren't involved.  But either way there's no evidence this guy had anything to do with that,

In fact you haven't presented ANY evidence he's any kind of leader of this org. Even the Indian gov't hasn't, other than to say they believe he met with the leaders once. Did he CLAIM to be a leader? Did others say he was introduced as a leader? Do they have any real evidence?

No? - hhmmm. Sometimes it's just easiest to brand political dissidents you don't like as 'terrorists' or 'extremists'.

Do you think we should ask the indian gov't to kill the current leader of the bloc ? He must be fair game in your mind.

I'm sure the indian gov't doesn't like that idea but that's not an acceptable reason to kill him on canadian soil.

By bowing down and sucking their weenies? And saying "sure - do whatever you like in our country, we're your humble servants'?

I prefer canada to be sovereign. 

Other way around.  You're selling out Canada's own legitimate interest because you don't like one m0r0n.  You're  a pretty cheap date, doesn't take much to get you to throw our rights as a country into the garbage bin.

Next time trudeau wants to force a vaccine down everyone's throat we'll just have to tell you that India wants you to and i'm sure you'll be all right with it :)

Either you have sovereignty or you don't. It's really that simple.  Don't throw it away so lightly.

Your willful ignorance in this matter is quite disappointing.

If you want to live in a world where Nijjar wasn't the leader of the Khalistan Tiger Force, and the KTF are not an actual terrorist group, and you're intent on not ever knowing the truth of any of it, this is where we will just have to agree to disagree.

Yes, I think that Canadian sovereignty is important, but I'm also a realist, and if we wanna continue to protect terrorists and grossly insult global superpowers, our sovereignty will be become impossible to maintain.  

1 hour ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Right.  So my point is that we need to know more details about this guy and the accusations against him, and against the Indian government.  There's a lot of unproven claims being made by everyone.

At this point we've all had plenty of time to do the research before we chime in on the topic. 

I doubt there will be much more 'fact-finding' done by anyone here. 

15 minutes ago, cougar said:

The Indian government had designated that individual as a terrorist.

The American government designated Osama Bin Laden as a terrorist and went into Pakistan and killed him.

Kind of the same thing when you look at it.

The american gov't stated they were going after bin laden and got the UN to buy into it.  It's like the difference between declaring war and just bombing a country at random.

And I would hope you'd argue Canadians held themselves to a higher standard than pakistan.

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

The american gov't stated they were going after bin laden and got the UN to buy into it.  It's like the difference between declaring war and just bombing a country at random.

And I would hope you'd argue Canadians held themselves to a higher standard than pakistan.

Well, I am sure you will agree that USA has more influence over UN than India does.   Both killings were of dubious legitimacy.

22 hours ago, eyeball said:

Our elected leaders do write our laws.  Judges decide if they pass the sniff test, the Constitution.  However they're chosen the judges have to pass that test too.

So it's actually the Constitution you need to get rid of.

You do see where this is going, or not going as the case may be, right?

Any fool can be a judge as long as he's a lawyer. And lots of lawyers are fools. Judges are not chosen for their wisdom or legal acumen. They're screened according to various identity traits and then appointed based on ideological beliefs.

And once they get to the Supreme Court there are no guard rails. They can make any decision they want on any topic under judgment for any reason. No one can overrule them.

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

At this point we've all had plenty of time to do the research before we chime in on the topic. 

I doubt there will be much more 'fact-finding' done by anyone here. 

The facts do not exist publicly.  You can't research the terror allegations against this guy if the info hasn't been investigated or reported publicly.  I want to here our government or law enforcement say they have no evidence of terrorist activity from this man.  If India has evidence then show it.  We don't know much of anything in this case.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

1 minute ago, Moonlight Graham said:

The facts do not exist publicly.  You can't research the terror allegations against this guy if the info hasn't been investigated or reported publicly.  I want to here our government or law enforcement say they have no evidence of terrorist activity from this man.  If India has evidence then show it.  We don't know much of anything in this case.

It's the World Sikh Org that says that he's the leader of the KTF, and the KTF claim responsibility for murdered cops.

I don't see a lot of wiggle room, unless he denied being the leader of the KTF.