Captain Canada will save us against the evil Indians!

10 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

It's kinda funny, but then it's not.

I.e., it's funny that you care so much more about 1 terrorist than all the violence caused by the Khalistani separatists over the years. It's not funny that our country is a safe haven for them. 

Do you consider Canada better than places like Iran and Pakistan that openly harbour terrorists? 

I'm happy with a lot more disappearances. 

To save a trade deal, let's stop encouraging terrorists.

Would you like it if India was allowing Al Qaeda to hold referendums there about the partitioning of Canada? 

The Indian gov't can borrow my car if they wanna come here to hunt terrorists and they don't even have to replace the gas they use. IDGAF. 

Well first of all Canada did not identify this individual as a terrorist Foreign governments don’t get to decide which Canadian citizens they get to murder on Canadian soil. 

Your inference id that we should only react to foreign countries assassinating our citizens on Canadian soil after the fact and maybe even tolerate it, ona case by case basis depending on the identities of the assassin and the person assassinated.   As long as we’re confident that foreign governments are only assassinating Canadians “who deserve it” on Canadian streets everything’s fine. . 

Just more evidence of the twisted MAGA mindset obsessed with identity hierarchy as opposed to principles.   In their mind they have a hierarchy of groups of people they love and worship at the top whom they think should never be without the benefit of the doubt and should generally be above the law or public scrutiny . Meanwhile the groups they despise at the bottom who should always be doubted and subjected to extreme scrutiny and are generally “below the law” as they don’t “deserve” even basic rights    Various other social groups exist in this hierarchy between these two extremes and can get promoted or demoted in rank depending on the politics of the day.   Therefore it is all but impossible for a MAGA to simply say “it is wrong for anyone to do x” because in their minds it is only wrong to do x to someone who is higher in the hierarchy and therefore more deserving. 

Another thing WCs response shows is the inability of the MAGA mind to think through their own ideas into practical circumstances. As if Canada could somehow be the only country on earth to selectively allow these assassinations on our streets, after the fact no less, and everything would work out fine there would be no consequences for our domestic security, sovereignty or social stability. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RedDog said:

Why was a Sikh “extremist” ever allowed in Canada?

Good question. Apparently he fled to Canada after being accused of involvement in a bombing. He came in under a fake passport and then applied for asylum. It was rejected. Eleven days later he suddenly married a Sikh woman and she applied to sponsor him. That was rejected as a fake marriage. There is no word on why he was kept around but I'm guessing the courts forbid us deporting him since he faced likely human rights abuse in India. According to our immigration minister he became "Canadian" in 2015, but he wasn't a Canadian, really. He had no interest in this country. He was devoted to trying to set up a separate Sikh homeland in India, and if he had ever succeeded he'd have left Canada.

He was a technical Canadian, but not one I recognize as such.

• Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Well first of all Canada did not identify this individual as a terrorist Foreign governments don’t get to decide which Canadian citizens they get to murder on Canadian soil. 

Maybe Canada needs to be more aggressive in dealing with terrorists, even if they target other countries instead of Cnada: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalistan_Tiger_Force

As per a statement from the World Sikh Organization, Nijjar was a supporter of the creation of a separate Sikh homeland, known as Khalistan, and was associated with several Khalistani outfits in Canada, like the Babbar Khalsa International (BKI), and later became the head of Khalistan Tiger Force (KTF).

Khalistan Tiger Force (KTF) was formed by Jagtar Singh Tara, a former Babbar Khalsa International, another military organisation.

Still wiki:

KTF was formed with the patronage of Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence 

The Pakistanis are always the good guys, right? 

Your inference id that we should only react to foreign countries assassinating our citizens on Canadian soil after the fact and maybe even tolerate it, ona case by case basis depending on the identities of the assassin and the person assassinated.   As long as we’re confident that foreign governments are only assassinating Canadians “who deserve it” on Canadian streets everything’s fine. .

No, I'm saying that our gov't should take a more proactive approach to curbing terrorism, and failing that, we're gonna have to sit back and let other countries deal with serious terrorist threats, otherwise we - as Canadians - eventually become considered as being complicit in terrorist acts abroad.

Do we, and our closest allies, kill terrorists in other countries? Do we get hissy about the affront to their sovereignty? 

I wholeheartedly supported the killing of Suleimani, an Iranian general, in Iraq. What's the difference? Are we any better than Iraq in this instance?

Just more evidence of the twisted MAGA mindset obsessed with identity hierarchy as opposed to principles.  

Tolerating terrorists may be your guiding principle, and why wouldn't it be? You supported BLM as well. 

In their mind they have a hierarchy of groups of people they love and worship at the top whom they think should never be without the benefit of the doubt and should generally be above the law or public scrutiny . Meanwhile the groups they despise at the bottom who should always be doubted and subjected to extreme scrutiny and are generally “below the law” as they don’t “deserve” even basic rights    

That's fair enough.

I like law-abiding countries and I hate terrorist sponsors. 

Is it a surprise that our country, which embraced vax-fascism and BLM, also supports terrorists? Nope.

Various other social groups exist in this hierarchy between these two extremes and can get promoted or demoted in rank depending on the politics of the day.   Therefore it is all but impossible for a MAGA to simply say “it is wrong for anyone to do x” because in their minds it is only wrong to do x to someone who is higher in the hierarchy and therefore more deserving. 

Can you find an example of terrorism hypocrisy among MAGA supporters? 

I can't recall lionizing any terrorists, or boo-hooing when they were killed, maimed or jailed.

Another thing WCs response shows is the inability of the MAGA mind to think through their own ideas into practical circumstances. As if Canada could somehow be the only country on earth to selectively allow these assassinations on our streets, after the fact no less, and everything would work out fine there would be no consequences for our domestic security, sovereignty or social stability. 

Canada doesn't allow "assassinations" of our terrorists, no siree. We lavish terrorists with money, and cut off international trade talks with countries that kill terrorists. 

You must be so proud. 

12 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Good question. Apparently he fled to Canada after being accused of involvement in a bombing. He came in under a fake passport and then applied for asylum. It was rejected. Eleven days later he suddenly married a Sikh woman and she applied to sponsor him. That was rejected as a fake marriage. There is no word on why he was kept around but I'm guessing the courts forbid us deporting him since he faced likely human rights abuse in India. According to our immigration minister he became "Canadian" in 2015, but he wasn't a Canadian, really. He had no interest in this country. He was devoted to trying to set up a separate Sikh homeland in India, and if he had ever succeeded he'd have left Canada.

Exactly.

He was only as 'Canadian' as he needed to be in order to stay here and use this country as a planning/funding/staging ground for acts of terrorism abroad. 

In his heart he has never been Canadian: being here was just a means to an end for him, and that end would mean death for tens of thousands, if not millions of people. 

It's hugely embarrassing that terrorists commonly think of Canada as a safe haven/staging grounds for terrorists.

Edited by WestCanMan

On 9/19/2023 at 1:16 PM, I am Groot said:

He had no interest in this country. He was devoted to trying to set up a separate Sikh homeland in India, and if he had ever succeeded he'd have left Canada.

Who you do or don't recognize as Canadian counts for less than nothing. 

Whether he was a good Canadian, a bad Canadian, or not even a Canadian at all, foreign agents murdering people in Canada should be the problem we're talking about.

If you're unhappy about Chinese interference in Canadian politics, I don't understand how you can turn around here and prevaricate on India murdering people in broad daylight on Canadian soil.  It's weird.  

• Thanks 1

On 9/18/2023 at 6:33 PM, RedDog said:

Why was a Sikh “extremist” ever allowed in Canada?

Good question.  Why are Sikhs allowed to wear "ceremonial kirpans" in Canada?  The supreme court ruled unanimously that a kid in school in Quebec could wear his kirpan to school as part of "religious freedom."  That is how bizarre this country is.  The kirpan is not a harmless ceremonial "religious" symbol.  It is a symbol of violence. The kirpan is meant to send a message and intimidate any opponents.  Do you think the authorities and courts in Canada would allow anyone of any other religion to wear a kirpan into schools, stores, and among the general public?  I think not.

Edited by blackbird

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

Who you do or don't recognize as Canadian counts for less than nothing. 

There is nothing 'less than nothing', and your bulging-eyed indignation at my giving my opinion is pretty damned worthless to me.

Whether he was a good Canadian, a bad Canadian, or not even a Canadian at all, foreign agents murdering people in Canada should be the problem we're talking about.

Who did that? What evidence is there? I know everything Trudeau says leaves you in a giddy sense of rapture for hours afterward but us normal human beings require some sort of evidence when a politician with a habit of lying to us and who has demonstrated his lack of care about ANYTHING but his own popularity make a convenient statement.

This guy was a foreigner, a religious fanatic who had no interest in Canada except as a convenient base where patsies would fawn over him and let him do whatever he wanted. I'm not crying over him.

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

A pocket knife is not a killing blade.

Build a tech building up in the NWT. The Indians and Pakistanis will follow... ;)

Any blade can be a killing blade, all 9/11 took was a few box cutters. My pocket knife is probably sharper than most ceremonial kirpans. I can't stand a dull knife.

21 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Any blade can be a killing blade, all 9/11 took was a few box cutters. My pocket knife is probably sharper than most ceremonial kirpans. I can't stand a dull knife.

You miss the point entirely.  The whole purpose of Sikhs carrying kirpans is to demonstrate just how militant and intimidating they are about Sikhism.  People do not carry jack knives or pocket knives for that kind of reason.  The kirpan is carried in a case on a sling for the purpose of sending a violent message.

kirpan2.jpg

Trudeau with kirpan.jpg

On 9/21/2023 at 12:47 PM, I am Groot said:

There is nothing 'less than nothing', and your bulging-eyed indignation at my giving my opinion is pretty damned worthless to me.

Yes yes, bulging-eyed indignation - another boilerplate response.?

Nobody cares who you decide is or isn't Canadian.  Get over it, or whine more about it.  

Who did that? What evidence is there? I know everything Trudeau says leaves you in a giddy sense of rapture for hours afterward but us normal human beings require some sort of evidence when a politician with a habit of lying to us and who has demonstrated his lack of care about ANYTHING but his own popularity make a convenient statement.

US officials have already confirmed it was Five-Eyes intelligence which helped link India to the killing. 

This guy was a foreigner, a religious fanatic who had no interest in Canada except as a convenient base where patsies would fawn over him and let him do whatever he wanted. I'm not crying over him.

The key point is that foreign governments shouldn't be sending agents to murder people in our country. Whether or not the guy was of appropriately white European descent Canadian enough for you is irrelevant. 

Nobody cares who you decide is or isn't Canadian.  Get over it, or whine more about it.  

I understand that to you guys on the Left the idea of anyone having standards constitutes an appalling offense against your DEI religion.

US officials have already confirmed it was Five-Eyes intelligence which helped link India to the killing. 

Nope. There have been leaks that suggest some information came from other 5I countries, notably the US, but that's all.

The key point is that foreign governments shouldn't be sending agents to murder people in our country. Whether or not the guy was of appropriately white European descent Canadian enough for you is irrelevant. 

And this is the reason why I call you guys on the Left racists. Because race is the lens through which you view the world and every incident and situation that occurs. No, it can't be that people would look at a guy wanted for terrorism who came to Canada, was rejected for lying, made a phony marriage so he could claim again, was rejected again, and then somehow avoided deportation for years before somehow getting citizenship would regard them as less than Canadian. 

To you, the only possible explanation is race. That's the only explanation for EVERYTHING. You people are so fixated, so utterly obsessed with race now that you actually qualify as racists yourself. 

20 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

I understand that to you guys on the Left the idea of anyone having standards constitutes an appalling offense against your DEI religion.

I understand that you have trouble articulating your opinions and your reasoning beyond slogans and sweeping generalizations about the bad guys the Left or wokism.  ?

Nope. There have been leaks that suggest some information came from other 5I countries, notably the US, but that's all.

It was the US Ambassador to Canada speaking openly - not a leak.  Armed with that knowledge, you're favoring a narrative that Justin Trudeau may have made this up to distract people.  Riiight. ?  

To you, the only possible explanation is race. That's the only explanation for EVERYTHING. You people are so fixated, so utterly obsessed with race now that you actually qualify as racists yourself. 

If you didn't waste so much of your day prattling about immigrants, superior cultures and their moral pre-eminence etc, maybe you'd get the benefit of the doubt.  Knowing your past pet topics, and knowing how you've moaned at length about Chinese interference in Canada and how little Trudeau did about it, it's cringe to see you prevaricating on this particular case.  

2 hours ago, Moonbox said:

I understand that you have trouble articulating your opinions and your reasoning beyond slogans and sweeping generalizations about the bad guys the Left or wokism.  ?

Your understanding in this, then, as in so much else, is lacking. I have no difficulty whatsoever articulating my opinions. That's what you don't like.

It was the US Ambassador to Canada speaking openly - not a leak.  Armed with that knowledge, you're favoring a narrative that Justin Trudeau may have made this up to distract people.  Riiight. ?  

I’m “confirming that there was shared intelligence among Five Eyes partners that helped lead Canada to making the statements that the prime minister made,”

Not exactly a resounding statement of support for the actions Trudeau took or what exactly the information was.

If you didn't waste so much of your day prattling about immigrants, superior cultures and their moral pre-eminence etc, maybe you'd get the benefit of the doubt.  Knowing your past pet topics, and knowing how you've moaned at length about Chinese interference in Canada and how little Trudeau did about it, it's cringe to see you prevaricating on this particular case.  

Opposing sky-high immigration has nothing to do with racism, though those on the Left have constantly tried to make that link. Nor do views on our culture and the desirability of preserving it. But to the Left, we have no culture worth preserving, and so any such suggestion must instead be based on 'racism'. Further, nothing I've said has discounted the possibility Indian intelligence aided or arranged the death of this man. They're certainly capable of it.

Your attempts to defend Trudeau on this issue are what are pathetic. If Modi did this there is one man to blame for making us seem like weaklings and pushovers and that is our shallow, callow prime minister Socks, who has been disdainful of everything related to national security and national defense since he took office.

2 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

While we are criticizing each other the Indians who matter are united against us. They’ve found a juicy target, a wealthy country they resent that can’t fight back. 

If we can't fight back, who's responsibility is that?

4 hours ago, I am Groot said:

I’m “confirming that there was shared intelligence among Five Eyes partners that helped lead Canada to making the statements that the prime minister made,”

Not exactly a resounding statement of support for the actions Trudeau took or what exactly the information was.

It's a clear indication that Trudeau didn't just manufacture a crisis as a distraction, which is what you seem to be suggesting.  ?

4 hours ago, I am Groot said:

Your attempts to defend Trudeau on this issue are what are pathetic. If Modi did this there is one man to blame for making us seem like weaklings and pushovers and that is our shallow, callow prime minister Socks, who has been disdainful of everything related to national security and national defense since he took office.

There's nothing to defend Trudeau for.  This is a stunning example of your myopic partisanship.  The amount of time you spent complaining about Chinese interference and Trudeau's inaction (which I agreed with you on) is in stark contrast to your criticism about his taking action this time.  I can only imagine the howling you'd have done if the news came out about this and Trudeau hadn't done or said anything.  It makes you look like a clown.  

16 hours ago, Moonbox said:

It's a clear indication that Trudeau didn't just manufacture a crisis as a distraction, which is what you seem to be suggesting.  ?

That has never been anyone's suggestion. Apparently reading isn't something you're very good at.

The point everyone has made is that in the normal course of events, as per Trudeau's long history of ignoring all national security issues, he would never have made any public fuss over this information, even if he had been briefed. He'd have kept it quiet. 

16 hours ago, Moonbox said:

There's nothing to defend Trudeau for.  This is a stunning example of your myopic partisanship.  The amount of time you spent complaining about Chinese interference and Trudeau's inaction (which I agreed with you on) is in stark contrast to your criticism about his taking action this time.  I can only imagine the howling you'd have done if the news came out about this and Trudeau hadn't done or said anything.  It makes you look like a clown.  

You'd be the expert on clowns. And once again, certainly not an expert on reading comprehension. Trudeau is ultimately to blame since it was his decisions and his government that effectively emasculated Canada's national security apparatus out of fear of offending this or that ethnic group. India felt free to interfere here, as does China, as do other countries, because they know they face no opposition from the skinny kid whose face they joyfully kick sand into every day as they romp unhindered through the sand. Why shouldn't they kill troublesome people here? It's not like there's any government here that's ever stood up for our sovereignty.