Jump to content

EXCLUSIVE: Smith reluctant to wade into debate on gender pronouns, Alberta wont' pass law right now


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, TreeBeard said:

God could’ve created people so that didn’t happen, right?   But he messed up bad

Again you are talking nonsense.  God could have created robots instead of humans with free will.   But what would be the point of having a world of robots?  In his wisdom, he created man with free will and told him what not to do.  Man messed up by ignoring what God said.  Man ate the forbidden fruit and thereby broke his relationship with God.  Man was entirely in the wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Again you are talking nonsense.  God could have created robots instead of humans with free will.   But what would be the point of having a world of robots?  In his wisdom, he created man with free will and told him what not to do.  Man messed up by ignoring what God said.  Man ate the forbidden fruit and thereby broke his relationship with God.  Man was entirely in the wrong.

God could have created robots with free will too.

But then I suppose one of them would have partaken of the forbidden lubricating oil and screwed everything up just the same.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, taxme said:

Why the hell is the topic of gender and trans studies being taught to children in schools anyway? Apparently, parents have never been known to be talking to anyone about that nonsense crap outside of schools. Only Marxist principals and Marxist school teachers want to talk about and preach that Marxist bull shit to children in schools.

Our education system is now full of Marxist shit disturbers. They seem to not want to teach reading and writing and arithmetic in schools any longer. They just seem to want to teach all about pronouns, genders, and the gay/dragster lifestyles and have dragsters come into their schools and have them wiggle their dragster butts in front of little children in schools. 

Marxist liberalism is responsible for all of this nonsense mentioned above and it all needs to come to an end. I am hoping that if the conservatives win the next election, they will get rid of all this nonsense gender, pronouns and the gay/ dragster lifestyle once and for all and give it the boot. Force it all to stay in the closet where it belongs. 

Probably 1% of the Canadian population gives a crap about that crap mentioned above. How come the minority always get's their way and the majority are forced to have to live with their crackpot lifestyle beliefs and ways? It appears as though minorities do get to rule the country. Disgusting indeed.  

Well it shouldnt' be.   Obviously.

We don't teach the subject of heterosexuality or why that should be accepted.  We don't teach that single parenting is ok and should be accepted.

But it started off with 'exposing the kids to the idea that "some people have a mommie and daddy, but some people have two mommies or two daddies and that's fine too".

Which - y'know, i guess... if they left it there.....

But then they need to take it farther and discuss gay relationships and have sexy-dressed trans story time and discussions about their gender - with 9 year olds.

 

It's just not healthy. There's a lot of works to show introducing the subject of sexuality and gender too  early is harmful to kids.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

Again you are talking nonsense.  God could have created robots instead of humans with free will.   But what would be the point of having a world of robots?  In his wisdom, he created man with free will and told him what not to do.  Man messed up by ignoring what God said.  Man ate the forbidden fruit and thereby broke his relationship with God.  Man was entirely in the wrong.

If God didn’t want robots, the why was he so disappointed that he killed nearly every person, and animal, on the earth?  
 

Clearly he did want something other than what He created!   Because he had a do-over! 

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

If what someone says doesn't line up with the word of God, you know there is something wrong.

I find much of what you say doesn’t line up with the word of God.  You claim God didn’t mess up, but God says in scripture that he was disappointed in what He created.  He messed up.  

Edited by TreeBeard
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

I find much of what you say doesn’t line up with the word of God.  You claim God didn’t mess up, but God says in scripture that he was disappointed in what He created.  Me messed up.  

Actually what I am saying is correct.   God does not "mess up".  You can Google these topics and you will not find any rational website that says God "messed up".  That only comes from someone like you.   If you simply put a verse into a search engine, such as Genesis 6:5, you will find a number of websites that explain its meaning.  I have not seen any that try to put the spin on it you do.

Take Genesis 6:5 for example:

quote

Taking the genealogies of the past chapter literally, this is especially sad. (I am not sure what this sentence means.  It could be wrong)

The long lifespans of Genesis 5 imply that there was an almost-unbroken line of eyewitnesses to man's earliest history, right up to the year of the flood. Mankind's sin is not the result of error or drifting or ignorance. It's the result of a deliberate rejection of God.

God's conclusion about the state of humanity is an all-encompassing declaration of human depravity. Left to follow our own way, apart from God, men and women will always choose evil. It's not just what we do; it's who we are without His direct involvement and transformation of our hearts. This goes a long way to explaining God's apparent decision to drastically reduce human lifespans (Genesis 6:3).

This verse offers another clue to the nature of humanity: Our sinfulness, our inclination to do what is harmful, begins in our minds or hearts. In our Godless state, we do not happen into sin. We intentionally plan for it. It's where we want to go. It's not just our actions that are the problem; it is the hearts and minds that produce those actions.

We haven't improved over the centuries. Our natures remain the same. When describing the Day of the Lord in Matthew 24, God's coming judgment for human sin, Jesus declares that it will be as in the days of Noah (Matthew 24:36–39). All these years later, without God's redemption and recreation, the human heart remains inclined to plan for evil continually.  unquote

What does Genesis 6:5 mean? | BibleRef.com

That does not mean I take everything a website says as absolute truth.  There could be error in some of them.

Why God gave man a chance I don't have the answer for.  We could speculate.  Maybe God felt it is only fair to give mankind a chance to see if he will respect and obey God.  That seems reasonable.     Unfortunately much of mankind did not obey God and follow him, but chose to do evil.  Hence the great flood to wipe out life on the earth except for Noah and his family.

The fall of man is why we have so much evil and suffering in the world.  It is why we have sickness, death, and world wars.  I would not be surprised if WW3, a nuclear war, is on the horizon.  I don't know if I will be here to see it.  The book of Revelation does give a grim forecast of what is coming before Jesus Christ returns, after which he will establish a peaceful world for his saints.  All evil doers and Christ rejecters will be eliminated and gone.

 

Edited by blackbird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, blackbird said:

  I would not be surprised if WW3, a nuclear war, is on the horizon. 

the effects of a nuclear war are greatly exaggerated by the media

there's not that many warheads in service anymore

and the warheads which are in service are quite small yield as compared to the height of the Cold War

furthermore, they don't test fire the warheads anymore, so many of them would likely fail to detonate

and both sides have switched from a countervalue strategy, which is to destroy each others cities

to a counterforce strategy, which is to destroy each others military forces instead

the effects of nuclear fallout are also greatly exaggerated

the Earth is actually very capable of absorbing radioactive material

so even in the event of a thermonuclear war, the sun would come up the next day

and people would be shocked to find out that life carries on, back to work, everyone, start cleaning up the rubble

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, blackbird said:

Hence the great flood to wipe out life on the earth except for Noah and his family.

the flood is already in progress

godless atheist nihilist society is destroying itself

people have stopped having children at a replacement rate therein

and anyone who joins this society inevitably joins the demographic collapse

God works in subtle ways, He doesn't need nuclear weapons to end civilization

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/31/2023 at 4:32 PM, bcsapper said:

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.”
― Blaise Pascal

There is a lot of truth in that statement.  Islam is a prime example.  Other examples are cults that committed mass suicide like the Jonestown massacre.

There are many groups that have seriously misinterpreted the Bible or taken parts of it and misused it for crooked purposes.  However, there have also been secular ideologies and leaders who have done great evil in the world without a religion behind them.  Examples are Hitler and the Nazis,  Communist leaders like Stalin, Chairman Mao, and Pol Pot of Cambodia that committed war crimes and mass murder.

The point is there is a God who revealed a clear truth in the Bible which if followed correctly would not result in evil, but the opposite.  The human race is clearly on the wrong path and is full of evil.  This is not the fault of God or the Bible, but it is the fault of a fallen human nature or evil corrupt heart.

"  9  The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? " Jeremiah 17:9 KJV

The conclusion I would say is while your statement has some truth in it in the corrupt and evil world we live in and many follow false religion even within the western Judeo-Christian society, the statement is incorrect to lump ALL people with religious convictions together as doing evil or the cause of evil.  It is a false generalization by painting every religious person with the same brush.

Edited by blackbird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, blackbird said:

The conclusion I would say is while your statement has some truth in it in the corrupt and evil world we live in and many follow false religion even within the western Judeo-Christian society, the statement is incorrect to lump ALL people with religious convictions together as doing evil or the cause of evil.  It is a false generalization by painting every religious person with the same brush.

But the statement does nothing of the sort.  Try again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, bcsapper said:

But the statement does nothing of the sort.  Try again.

Evidently you don't even know what your own statement means or you are in denial.  Your statement in essence says that men that do evil are doing it from a religious conviction, correct?  Which of course is a broad generalization and not the truth as I have explained.

Edited by blackbird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/31/2023 at 6:16 PM, CdnFox said:

Well it shouldnt' be.   Obviously.

We don't teach the subject of heterosexuality or why that should be accepted.  We don't teach that single parenting is ok and should be accepted.

But it started off with 'exposing the kids to the idea that "some people have a mommie and daddy, but some people have two mommies or two daddies and that's fine too".

Which - y'know, i guess... if they left it there.....

But then they need to take it farther and discuss gay relationships and have sexy-dressed trans story time and discussions about their gender - with 9 year olds.

 

It's just not healthy. There's a lot of works to show introducing the subject of sexuality and gender too  early is harmful to kids.

Mommies and daddies can have as many children together as they want to naturally. Two mommies or two daddies cannot have children unless they adopt a child. It's common sense folks. ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

Evidently you don't even know what your own statement means or you are in denial.  Your statement in essence says that says men that do evil are doing it from a religious conviction, correct?  Which of course is a broad generalization and not the truth as I have explained.

I know exactly what it means.  You don't, so you invent a meaning you can argue against.

Don't feel too bad.  You aren't alone inventing arguments you can win against when you don't have a prayer (ha) against what is actually being stated.  It happens a lot on here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, taxme said:

Mommies and daddies can have as many children together as they want to naturally. Two mommies or two daddies cannot have children unless they adopt a child. It's common sense folks. ?

Well - sort of.  I  have to say i know a number of gay and lesbian couples where there's a kid from 'before'.  Obviously only one is the bio parent but hell today that's not uncommon for a lot of kids, the 'dad' who raises them is mom's second hubby.

And I don't think a couple adopting a kid makes them any LESS of a parent. I have an adopted sibling, i would take exception to the idea that somehow they didn't count as a 'having a child'.

But we don't really teach all this stuff in detail to kids - and i don't think we should at age 9. They don't need to know the complexities of sexual relationships or single parenting or gay couples etc. And if their parents think they do then great, teach 'em at home

Edited by CdnFox
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/3/2023 at 1:17 PM, Aristides said:

A lot of mommies and daddies can't have their own. That's why they adopt.

Well duh, genius. But still, two gay couples cannot have children unless they adopt. An heterosexual couple can have as many children as they want to. Them's the facts, mac. ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/3/2023 at 4:05 PM, herbie said:

 

Ballistic time again. Typical lefty liberal MSM bull chit being stirred up by those communists activist losers. A man should not be competing against women in sports. A man will win every time. If one is trans, then keep your lifestyle in your closet, so to speak. I don't care to hear about your lifestyle. 

If a guy wants to become a gal, than go for it. Be my guest. Cut your rocks off. But stop pushing your nonsense agenda, because that is all it is, on a sane world. Men in women's sports is insanity. Believe it or not. 

There are only two genders. Male and female. Believe it or not. ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/4/2023 at 12:47 AM, CdnFox said:

Well - sort of.  I  have to say i know a number of gay and lesbian couples where there's a kid from 'before'.  Obviously only one is the bio parent but hell today that's not uncommon for a lot of kids, the 'dad' who raises them is mom's second hubby.

And I don't think a couple adopting a kid makes them any LESS of a parent. I have an adopted sibling, i would take exception to the idea that somehow they didn't count as a 'having a child'.

But we don't really teach all this stuff in detail to kids - and i don't think we should at age 9. They don't need to know the complexities of sexual relationships or single parenting or gay couples etc. And if their parents think they do then great, teach 'em at home

Children should be taught the science that there are male and female genders only. Not taught that there are 50 genders. They do not need to learn about sex in school at their young age. They need to learn how to read, write and arithmetic and have fun playing together in the school yard. It's bloody common sense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, taxme said:

Children should be taught the science that there are male and female genders only. Not taught that there are 50 genders. They do not need to learn about sex in school at their young age. They need to learn how to read, write and arithmetic and have fun playing together in the school yard. It's bloody common sense. 

Sure but slightly different topic isn't it?  I mean - gays and lesbians can still be 'two genders'.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Sure but slightly different topic isn't it?  I mean - gays and lesbians can still be 'two genders'.

I agree, but there are only two genders, male and female. Having a bunch of genders is all a lie. All leftist liberal bull chit, as usual. Oh, how I despise liberalism. A deplorable bunch of arse holes. Just saying. ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hell the environment's collapsing, you can't get a decent paying job, you can't afford a house and food prices are skyrocketing. Russia's invading other countries, China's trying to steal Asia's water, the Norks are building nukes and rockets aimed specifically at you, India's making all the advancements in space, "American" cars are built in Mexico...

But you'll back Trump and DeSantis because they'll ensure no queer will ever shit in the same room as you have to. You know what's really important.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, herbie said:

Hell the environment's collapsing, you can't get a decent paying job, you can't afford a house and food prices are skyrocketing. Russia's invading other countries, China's trying to steal Asia's water, the Norks are building nukes and rockets aimed specifically at you, India's making all the advancements in space, "American" cars are built in Mexico...

But you'll back Trump and DeSantis because they'll ensure no queer will ever shit in the same room as you have to. You know what's really important.

The lefties are in power currently.  IN both the us AND canada.

And the environment's STILL collapsing, you STILL  can't get a decent paying job, you STILL can't afford a house and food prices are STILL skyrocketing. Russia's STILL invading other countries, China's STILL trying to steal Asia's water, the Norks are STILL  building nukes and rockets aimed specifically at you, India's STILL making all the advancements in space, "American" cars are STILL built in Mexico.

All that goes on with the libs already. If you took that stuff seriously you'd be voting for trump too - Biden and Trudeau sure as hell aren't fixing any of that :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, taxme said:

Ballistic time again. Typical lefty liberal MSM bull chit being stirred up by those communists activist losers.

The word is SHIT. Being too polite for the word to come out of the mouth does not redeem anyone so ignorant they don't understand the concept of satire. No wonder FB is bloaking the Beaverton in their "Canadian News" ban....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, herbie said:

The word is SHIT. Being too polite for the word to come out of the mouth does not redeem anyone so ignorant they don't understand the concept of satire. No wonder FB is bloaking the Beaverton in their "Canadian News" ban....

Now now.  There's nothing wrong with using a substitute word, sometmes it can have more impact than the original.  Lots of people choose in various contexts NOT to say something DIRECTLY vulgar like "shit" but instead choose to use a word that is similar and means exactly the same thing,  like "trudeau".

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,745
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    historyradio.org
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • User went up a rank
      Experienced
    • exPS went up a rank
      Contributor
    • DUI_Offender earned a badge
      Very Popular
    • exPS went up a rank
      Explorer
    • Fluffypants went up a rank
      Rising Star
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...