The real reason for climate change alarmism is to destroy Capitalism

"But the people who call themselves liberals now have taken themselves over a cliff. And you are not willing to follow them there, so you call yourself a conservative to hide the truth of what you are"

I have read this several times and you seem to be saying that because I refuse to follow the Liberals over the cliff... I'm therefore a... Liberal?

Sorry, I guess I'm stupid tonight...

13 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

"But the people who call themselves liberals now have taken themselves over a cliff. And you are not willing to follow them there, so you call yourself a conservative to hide the truth of what you are"

I have read this several times and you seem to be saying that because I refuse to follow the Liberals over the cliff... I'm therefore a... Liberal?

Sorry, I guess I'm stupid tonight...

Just funnin ya Michael. Don't think about it too much, you may blow a fuse. You didn't outright refute what I said however.

I understand because basically what we see today is an abomination of liberalism. Canadian liberals are the good people who built this country. These people are not even liberals.

That doesn't mean you get to wash your hands of it though. You can't just walk away from the mess you've made and start acting like you are with the other guys, and expect that no one will notice.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

1. You didn't outright refute what I said however.

2. You can't just walk away from the mess you've made and start acting like you are with the other guys, and expect that no one will notice.

1. How could I refute it if I don't understand what you are saying?

2. We can't debate a fog.  Without specifics, I can't even begin to discuss whatever you're talking about.

On 8/11/2023 at 11:30 AM, Queenmandy85 said:

That is incorrect. A sudden drop in temperature brought down the western Roman Empire.

climate change has nothing to do with politics.

https://www.history.com/news/8-reasons-why-rome-fell

Gee this is odd. Climate change doesn't seem to have been an issue.

Meh...

15 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. How could I refute it if I don't understand what you are saying?

2. We can't debate a fog.  Without specifics, I can't even begin to discuss whatever you're talking about.

This is amusing. 

Hey Mike. Tell us again how we simply must trust our lyin' institutions and follow them to whatever design they have for us.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

Tell us again how we simply must trust our lyin' institutions and follow them to whatever design they have for us.

That's a little far but at least you're finally acknowledging that I'm conservative.

"Lyin institutions" is the cornerstone for a conspiracy mindset FYI.  Default is to trust the institutions of this great nation.  That includes checks and balances.

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

That's a little far but at least you're finally acknowledging that I'm conservative.

"Lyin institutions" is the cornerstone for a conspiracy mindset FYI.  Default is to trust the institutions of this great nation.  That includes checks and balances.

The checks and balances are gone. Pixie-Dust is still PM and won't be charged for anything he does.

Its not a theory if we see these things actually happening. If you can't even admit to the blatantly obvious...then your own credibility becomes questionable.

Used to be that our Conservative Party resembled the US Democrats. But with all the sheer abuse of power and all the fear-driven horse kaka of the last decade, Conservatism overall has changed, as has Liberalism. The days of peaceful co-existence and cooperation are gone. We now have the Climate Religious, anti-science, fear-mongers on the left and the Nationalistic response on the right. There is no middle anymore and I would ask you...

Which side can be blamed for this conflict?

4 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

1. The checks and balances are gone.  

2. The days of peaceful co-existence and cooperation are gone.

3. Which side can be blamed for this conflict?

1. If you want to come across as a serious poster, you have to make serious posts.  This is not a serious comment.

2. Ok, so that reads as "democracy is dead".  Definitely not a conservative value.  You are adopting a war footing, my friend.

3. Maybe the ones on a war footing.l?

6 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. If you want to come across as a serious poster, you have to make serious posts.  This is not a serious comment.

2. Ok, so that reads as "democracy is dead".  Definitely not a conservative value.  You are adopting a war footing, my friend.

3. Maybe the ones on a war footing.l?

1. I do not attempt to straddle the middle and claim to be what I am not. I also do not make excuses for the failure of our institutions.

2 and 3. I am sorry Mike. But when attacked, my tendency is to fight back. Not hide under a table and hope the aggressor just leaves me alone. If you're even capable of being honest, you have to admit that this new Libbie cult has usurped our nation's political and legal systems and are warping them both way out of proportion. I am not one to watch hardship be imposed on me, my family and the nation as a whole...and not fight back for what's right, what's responsible and what's reasonable. In short...the Libbies started this "war"...and way too many good Canadians will not run from a fight for the nation. If you want to...be my guest.

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

So it'll be even worse than when Trudeau sent tanks in to crush the Trucker Convoy?

Well that's not going to happen. Thanks to trudeau, the military only had a couple left anyway and he sent them to ukraine.  At this point all the military could manage would be to send in a smart car in cadpat with a slightly reinforced bumper.

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

The checks and balances are gone. Pixie-Dust is still PM and won't be charged for anything he does.

Well, maybe Conservatives could try coming up with a better check and balance next time.  Their last one didn't prevent anything and only seems to have made things easier for PM's to do whatever they want.

3 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Well, maybe Conservatives could try coming up with a better check and balance next time.  Their last one didn't prevent anything and only seems to have made things easier for PM's to do whatever they want.

They did and trudeau removed them.  ANd in fact their checks and balances did still prevent him from interfering with SNC lavlin - thanks to there being at least ONE honest liberal in teh party.  Man - they sure got rid of her fast when they found out.

Maybe the answer is for you and others like you to stop electing people who will dismantle the checks and balances as soon as they get into power.

18 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Or...we could elect a strong leader who completely ignores Tweenkie oppression BY the minorities.

Edited by Nationalist

35 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Maybe the answer is for you and others like you to stop electing people who will dismantle the checks and balances as soon as they get into power.

?

If the checks and balances were that easy to remove they must have been designed by people who intended to do so themselves one day.

Edited by eyeball

24 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Like I said, the Conservatives didn't prevent anything. Go back to the drawing board.

Sure they did - like i said they stopped snc laviin from happeninging. That was their specific law.

but at the end of the day anything they do an unscrupulous gov't can undo. I know you don't really understand how our gov't works, but there is no possible way to make a law that another gov't can't unmake.

So  - the protection against that is the people.  If a gov't starts to remove those protections the people are to vote them out and punish them.

But you didn't do that did you.  You were happy to support corruption.

Hey - it's a democracy.  If enough people like you want to vote YES to corruption, not much the CPC can do is there?

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Sure they did - like i said they stopped snc laviin from happeninging. That was their specific law.

Good job. ?

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

know you don't really understand how our gov't works, but there is no possible way to make a law that another gov't can't unmake

Well then I guess we'll just have to make a new government when the wheels finally fall off this one.

We just need to keep people like you, Trudeau, Harper and probably Poilievre, away from it.

Edited by eyeball

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Good job. ?

Well then I guess we'll just have to make a new government when the wheels finally fall off this one.

We just need to keep people like you, Trudeau, Harper and probably Poilievre away from it.

Can take the boy out of Toronto, but just can't take the Toronto out of the boy . . . look around, you're out west now.