Toronto principal bullied over false charge of racism dies from suicide : Bullied to death by the left

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/jamie-sarkonak-toronto-principal-bullied-over-false-charge-of-racism-dies-from-suicide

His stellar career took on a sour note after he was bullied in a diversity, equity and inclusion training session for Toronto District School Board (TDSB) administrators in 2021, according to a lawsuit Bilkszto filed in court.

His sin, in the eyes of facilitators at the KOJO Institute, was his questioning of their claim that Canada was a more racist place than the United States. Canada wasn’t perfect, he said, but it still offers a lot of good.

For the rest of the training session, and throughout a follow-up training session the week after, facilitators repeatedly referred to Bilkszto’s comments as examples of white supremacy. The experience was humiliating — particularly because Bilkszto placed a great emphasis on equality and anti-discrimination during his career.

A day after the second training session, Bilkszto fell into a mental health crisis so bad that he had to spend more than a month away from work — for which he won a successful workers’ compensation claim for lost earnings. Shortly after his leave began, his association of education administrators asked the board to investigate the bullying incident, but the board refused. When Bilkszto returned to work, the TDSB further refused to reinstate him to the role he was in prior to taking leave; it also revoked a work contract he had been awarded for the upcoming year. Finally, the board disinvited him from attending a graduation ceremony.

Friends and family said that in recent weeks, Bilkszto was anxious over an anticipated backlash over the legal proceedings. The events that unfolded in 2021 weighed on him.

“Unfortunately, the stress and effects of these incidents continued to plague Richard. Last week he succumbed to this distress,” read a statement by the family released Thursday by his lawyer Lisa Bildy. “His family and friends have been left reeling and wishing they could have had the chance to convince him that he was loved, respected and needed here.”

They literally bullied this guy to death because he said Canada wasn't perfect but it wasn't worse than the states.   That was his crime. And their efforts to cancel him ended in his death.

This is the left for you. 

33 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I’m seeing good, fair-minded people be judged and quietly removed from their roles because they didn’t assume the framework or use the charged accusatory language of the anti-discrimination activists who are paid big bucks to train our employee groups. Everyone is scared to question publicly what they perceive as radical and exaggerated.

I'm seeing more and more "ordinary Canadians" showing their outrage over Trudeau and his leadership. No one out here in Eastern ON likes him anymore. As we saw the other day in Belleville.

He made his stop in Kingston first. No one even knew he was coming, otherwise would have seen the same welcome wagon there as well. I think Canadians want him out and he knows it.

People are disgusted by this guy, and willing to vocalize it at least in small towns.

But in big cities where there's big industry and corporations rule, everyone has to be on board with their corporate branding. Whatever they say must be followed.

Edited by OftenWrong

2 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

But in big cities where there's big industry and corporations rule, everyone has to be on board with their corporate branding. Whatever they say must be followed.

So this isn't a left vs right issue where progressives are saying they're right and conservatives are wrong, it's occurring on the other political axis where the people in charge are simply saying comply with our authority or else.

So called conservatives in this thread are doing exactly what it is they're complaining about, bullying and cancelling the left in it's entirety and calling it monstrous for not getting on board with them.

I can only imagine what would happen if you guys were put in charge of facilitating some educational course I was compelled to take and I said 'excuse me, but I think you're overstating the case'. I'd be cancelled on the spot.

And now you'll prove my case for me.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

The radical activists are hurting people, and the push really is coming mostly from the left.

For now. These things historically have a bad habit of swinging in the other direction over time as there's an over-correction. The third law of thermodynamics tends to apply to human cultures as well.

37 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

For now. These things historically have a bad habit of swinging in the other direction over time as there's an over-correction. The third law of thermodynamics tends to apply to human cultures as well.

I agree.  I used to be a Liberal because they seemed to respect different views.  All governments, churches, and organizations seem to have surrendered to the radical activists.  The Catholic Church won’t take a vocal stance on its own values with respect to active euthanasia, gender ideology, etc. because their hands are dirty and their own Pope has fallen in line with the genocide narrative.  Conservative Doug Ford has let the Equity inquisition have at it.  The few states that have tried to stem the tide can’t win against a heavily left wing biased media.  The same people who kept kids locked up and out of school for two years and demanded vaccine passports during Covid are screaming, “Trans rights are human rights.  Trans women are women.”   Right wing?  There is none.  The activists are seizing on the few backwards radicals who say racist or retrograde things and proclaim that right wing fascism is afoot.

The truth is that identity politics and cancel culture dominate.  People feel pressured to do and say things that they don’t believe are good or healthy.  The family unit and community are undermined.  What sane person is doing racist stuff in companies or schools anymore?  Who would use their own name to disparage a trans person? We’re being told by activists that we’re all racist and misogynist. Our own federal government does it. The word genocide is used inaccurately to appear empathetic. People have BS detectors and know when agendas are being pushed and exaggerations are being made.  They just can’t call it out without consequences, and people are losing their jobs, reputations, and lives to please these radicals.

Edited by Zeitgeist

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Why are people bringing Trudeau up?  If Poilievre was elected, none of this would change.

It would change.  The people tend to follow the tones set by the leaders.  When the leader says it's ok to hate people you disagree with, as trudeau does, and pits one against the other, then this kind of thing becomes more prevalent.

Further i suspect if PP were in power he'd probably look at legislation or funding choices  as punishment for this kind of behavior. The schools involve probably recieve federal funds, and the feds can certainly lean on provinces over this kind of thing.

Harassing an honest person with a strong track record of serving his community to death is pretty much a crime in my books. It's no different than bullying somoene online till they commit suicide and we've seen charges for that before.

9 hours ago, eyeball said:

And now you'll prove my case for me.

If you expect a pro-conservative rant you'll be disappointed.

Am a liberal now. Always was, really. No matter what side of the spectrum you are on as a Canadian, you are one.

Some have switched to calling themselves conservative, but we know that's a lie. As the last Canadian liberal I am a man without a party, but at least am consistent while the rest of you illiberals have moved on.

1 minute ago, OftenWrong said:

If you expect a pro-conservative rant you'll be disappointed.

Am a liberal now. Always was, really. No matter what side of the spectrum you are on as a Canadian, you are one.

Some have switched to calling themselves conservative, but we know that's a lie. As the last Canadian liberal I am a man without a party, but at least am consistent while the rest of you illiberals have moved on.

I'm neither.

I'm with the governed.

AFAIC you're either with us or you're not.

10 hours ago, Contrarian said:

1. In my view, it is because the soldiers underneath would have a different approach on the board if the King is different. 

2. Changing leadership can indeed bring about shifts in policy and approach. The behavior of leaders can significantly influence the organizational "culture", which is a real and logical observation. 

1. That may seem logical at first glance, but it reflects a misunderstanding of institutional culture.  This atmosphere has been set for awhile now, and grew under all stripes of political leaders.

2. But it won't.  The influence is too remote.  And Trudeau doesn't LEAD the woke movement, he follows.  They went full guns on gay marriage, seemingly in a bold way.  But the polls already had 51% in favour and growing.

20 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Some call colour blindness progressive.

I have always hated this stance. The "I don't see skin color" rhetoric.

We should embrace our differences. Pretending they don't exist is lunacy.

I understand the intent. Nobody should be treated differently because of something they can't control like skin color, gender, sexuality, etc.

But my doctor has to treat me differently. My race puts me at a higher risk for different illnesses.

My wife being Asian, is at high risk for others.

If doctors played pretend, and ignored realities the risk would outweigh the perceived reward.

18 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

I agree.  I used to be a Liberal because they seemed to respect different views.

They still do. 

Its just that their movement was highjacked by extremists. But I speak to tons of liberals who are incredibly articulate and logical.

Just like I speak to tons of conservatives who are the same.

Most people out there, don't spout off hatred like they want you to believe they do, in the news.

I have only worked with two conservatives who sounded like Donald Trump, and everyone thought they were d***s. Racist. Sexist. 

I have worked with far leftists who got offended by everything and forced their co-workers to be afraid to speak, then wonder why nobody wanted to talk to them o_O

I know as a fact, that most Canadians don't agree with such stances, which is why we have typically voted in centrist governments, who didn't lean in too far into any direction. 

Its why Trudeau is so hated, and why so many are weary of PP. 

22 hours ago, myata said:

Public shaming sessions in New China North

Its effective. Control their minds, you can control their body.

When I see vitriol and rage at opposition, I see how incredibly effective fear mongering and divisive tactics are.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

1. Or is this a self-defense mechanism when someone brings up controversial topics like this, to shut down any discussion on it, you just bring up gay marriage, and woke, to undermine the person's point for the audience? 

2. I think we should talk about how a leader, staying too long in power, gives psychological emboldenment to the people in charge of policy, the employees underneath, to flex their muscles. Isn't that a reality?

1. It's actually pretty simple.  I am giving you an example of why Trudeau doesn't lead the WOKE movement, just as I said I am.  If you want to solve problems, you need to talk about solutions with a full view of their liability.

The situation described with the principal is serious and needs to be addressed.  It's on us, the public, to raise the issue and talk about it openly.

2. Except that the association between the TDSB leadership and the Prime Minister is not existent.  The ascent of the self-righteous culture leaders within the TDSB can only be mitigated by a large culture change from within.

1 minute ago, Contrarian said:

1. While there might not be a direct association between the TDSB leadership and the Prime Minister, psychological emboldenment is about the influence that high-profile leaders can have on others, even indirectly. When these culture warriors inside the TDSB observe the Prime Minister's actions, it can give them a sense of validation. 

2. My opinion is that in the last few years, this is just my take, he forgot he is the Prime Minister for all, surrounded himself with people that think like him, and this sends signals to employees underneath, or culture warriors inside schools that they won't be bothered that much if they flex their muscles. 

3. However, if they know the "King" has a different approach, more pragmatic, less idealistic, then people won't be as zealous, job security comes first. 

1. "It can" ... but we're not talking about possibilities here, my friend.  That's the very problem with the social zealots at the TDSB you see: "Colonialism" is behind all of these problems, so simply purge yourself of evil thoughts and the new system will rise in glory.  We need to be what Canadians were in the past - plain-talking and pragmatic.  Racism isn't killing schools, our lack of imagination is, and our inability to solve problems at a basic level.
2. They see the old system as the problem and a PM who is a white male blackface man isn't someone they listen to.  Let alone the fact that the TDSB has at least two entire branches of government between it and the federal government and no direct funding.  
3. It's Groupthink.  This situation grew under PMs such as Harper and nothing was to be done.  The National Post is making the story for the public to deal with, not the PMO.

The Trudeau government doesn't need to use "psychological emboldement" or encouragement. They use money. You want the funding? You've got to sign on the dotted line. And now when you hire a kid to work the front desk, he better be wearing a dress...

16 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Covid there was reason to be afraid.

Amplified endlessly and entirely unnecessarily as the examples show, to one very clear end: unquestioned and unquestionable control.

This is the reality already. The train has arrived. In Germany, one of the toughest on Covid in the developed world, courts stopped Covid-vigilantism of the governments. Not here, no we don't have courts for any matter of essence as the reality demonstrates. And it's here to stay. And no miracle cures in sight.

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

better be wearing a dress...

I would just hire Scottish men in kilts. Am too rebellious for my own good:

"You didn't specify what type of dress!" 

"Yes, I know they are trampoline operators and their demonstrations are awkward, but inclusion is inclusion."

To all the trolls who poke holes in the logic, like that shop teacher with like W sized t**ts. Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Contrarian said:

1. Yes, so is good that the National Post is bringing awareness to this, then? I agree with them to expose any group think forming, while the CBC stays away from these types of debates. 

2. I think the CBC should lead on these controversial debates, than leave it to National Post for profit. Why don't they?! 

1. They need to bring it to the public, not a partisan crowd.  Even the most woke person would agree there is a limit to this ideology.  All ideologies have pet projects that have been dashed on the rocks of public opinion... boot camps and benefit universality among them.
2. Don't you know the answer ?  That the "right kind of people" would crap all over the CBC for running an article like that?

1 hour ago, myata said:

1. Amplified endlessly and entirely unnecessarily as the examples show, to one very clear end: unquestioned and unquestionable control.

2. This is the reality already. The train has arrived. In Germany, one of the toughest on Covid in the developed world, courts stopped Covid-vigilantism of the governments. Not here, no we don't have courts for any matter of essence as the reality demonstrates. And it's here to stay. And no miracle cures in sight.

1.  If you are saying that the goal was control, exclusive of other goals, then you are talking conspiracy and you need extraordinary evidence to prove it.  I haven't seen anything close yet, and further to that the people who submit evidence get absolutely hysterical if you reject it.

2. I will attend to relaxing my attitude on this, and admitting that we were irrational over the situation but others have to look at themselves squarely in the mirror too if they want me to listen to them.  Don't try to sell me a conspiracy, then start shreiking WEF when I don't buy your evidence....