Trudeau ‘open’ to changing O Canada lyrics to 'home ON native land'

18 minutes ago, eyeball said:

The process you're talking about takes generations. I don't disagree. I just think we're still several hundred years away, maybe longer, from thinking like one species instead of seperate races.

The struggle for you is that your sense of racial and national identity is still the dominant one. From where I'm sitting as an Earthling you're resisting assimilation into the human race. It should actually be fairly simple for you to put your feet into a First Nation's moccasins.

No, I’ve always believed we’re all humans first, before all other considerations, which means we’re all of equal worth.  My political positions are all critique.  I know there can be no politically perfect world because of human nature.  The biggest challenge isn’t others but ourselves.

I just take more conservative positions because it’s become very clear that we live among many people who don’t know their history and don’t understand why we have certain traditions and morality.  We live in a revolutionary society that’s devouring itself.  The value of our liberal-democratic civilization is being stripped away, on the level of free speech, government control/intervention, and a radical attack on the conditions of success: strong individuality, family values, opportunity, a healthy environment…

I know you have the left perspective, but that’s already the dominant perspective and we’re not thriving because of it, in my opinion.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I started noticing this a few years ago. Canadians are a people who don't know how to sing their own national anthem. I don't know the anthem anymore because they keep changing it. There's a version with a few lines of french near the end. I think that was dropped after a while but don't know.

Next up: "God keep our land..." You know it cannot endure with these liberals in charge.

"Canadian" was only adopted as an identity here in the wake of the War of 1812

the Americans lost the war

General Brock rallied the Loyalists, Tecumseh rallied the Indians

and thus the Americans were repulsed, from Queenston Heights to Fort Detroit to Chateauguay

but the Americans retaliated by burning down all the farms on the Niagara Peninsula

Americans revolutionaries descended upon undefended Loyalist families, terrorizing them

it was only then that a border was made between British North America and the American Republic

it was only in the wake of these atrocities that British North Americans adopted the French name "Canadian"

the Loyalists of Upper Canada are the Guardians of Confederation

thus when the Liberals subjugate "O Canada" to American ideology, is when we drop it like a hot rock

God save the King

Bulwark against the republican menace to the south

Victoria Queen & Empress, Mother Canada

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

There's a version with a few lines of french near the end. I think that was dropped after a while but don't know.

if you are going to adopt a French Canadian anthem

I would suggest "Vive la Canadienne"

Regimental March of the Royal 22e Régiment

Je me souviens

On 7/4/2023 at 7:31 PM, Nefarious Banana said:

As mentioned before, I'm 1/2 native and to change the National Anthem to "home on native land' would be a divisive mistake and give the most appalling federal government in Canada's history yet another wedge issue. No one benefits from this divisive diversion except Trudeau and his band of 'yes' mannequins. 

And yet, the indigenous are cheering for the change.

59 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I don't know the anthem anymore because they keep changing it.

Friday night after work

crystal clear blue skies, sun setting slowly in the west

t-bone steak & corn on the cob grilling on the deck

at the going down of the sun

we remember the fallen

our brothers who will never see the sun again

Pipes & Drums of the 48th Highlanders of Canada

God, King, Country

7 hours ago, eyeball said:

Let me guess, you also struggle with the concept that humans are indigenous to Earth - it goes to far and encompasses to much.

If you really want to get picky, the elements that make up all life on planet earth either originated from the big bang or the interior of stars. We are all technically star dust. That would include Martians, Vegans, and pretty much everything else in the universe.

37 minutes ago, suds said:

If you really want to get picky, the elements that make up all life on planet earth either originated from the big bang or the interior of stars. We are all technically star dust. That would include Martians, Vegans, and pretty much everything else in the universe.

so if your loved one was murdered, your wife, your child

you would of course say ; no matter, they were just a collection of hydrogen and helium atoms ?

Edited by Dougie93

35 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

so if your loved one was murdered, your wife, your child

you would of course say ; no matter, they were just a collection of hydrogen and helium atoms ?

I believe the saying goes... ashes to ashes, and dust to dust.  The thing is that with so much dust under my bed, I don't know if they're comin or goin.

11 hours ago, suds said:

I believe the saying goes... ashes to ashes, and dust to dust.  The thing is that with so much dust under my bed, I don't know if they're comin or goin.

Nietzsche warned that such nihilism would incite the collapse of civilization itself

and his prediction came true

it was only the Anglo-American Empire of Liberty which saved the world then

in the crucible of the Second World War

expressed by the motto of HM Canadian Army

Vigilamus pro te : We stand on guard for thee

7 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Then helped to fill it with more dictators?

Good job!

the Anglo-American Empire of Liberty is not bound to be perfect

just better than the rest

he who rules the waves rules the world

there is no requirement to go ashore seeking dragons to slay

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Then helped to fill it with more dictators?

Good job!

You're always 'beaking off' about how things should be . . . . why don't you share your perfect solution with the rest of us.  

Did you get my Michelin 285/75R-16E tires  . . . delivered to the rez tax free.  How's the cigarette sales going this month?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nefarious Banana said:

You're always 'beaking off' about how things should be . . . . why don't you share your perfect solution with the rest of us.

I have but you're more interested in talking about wierd shit like this:

3 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Did you get my Michelin 285/75R-16E tires  . . . delivered to the rez tax free.  How's the cigarette sales going this month?

33 minutes ago, eyeball said:

No you didn't, and yes it does.

ROFL - Ahhh yes, the old liberal mantra - "WHEN FACED WITH FACTS WE DON'T LIKE, DENY EVERYTHING" ?

Hardly a shock. Hey, if it upsets you THAT much to hear the truth, you should stick to libearl sites to being with .  it won't be a problem there! :)