The left wing rage cycle.

17 minutes ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

Ok. I'm the problem.

Yep. You and your kind

And you are completely incompetent when it comes to addressing me.

Sorry - should i have been drooling or mumbling or the like? I don't get to speak bimbo often..

Another failure on your part.

Sure kiddo

6 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Yep. You and your kind

Sorry - should i have been drooling or mumbling or the like? I don't get to speak bimbo often..

Sure kiddo

You act like a petulant child. 

Nothing is off the table for you. Disconnected rants. Fabrications. Direct insults. 

Youre antics wouldn't last ten minutes on regulated forums.

Edited by CrakHoBarbie

1 minute ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

You act like a petulant child. 

Pot - meet kettle.

Nothing is off the table for you. Disconnected rants. Fabrications. Direct insults. 

no - that's just your perception of anything that clashes with your echo chamber.

Generally i meet politeness with politeness, insults with insults. And i try as hard as possible to speak the truth.  When you're rude then i'm rude.  I'm just a lot better at it.

And don't hate me just because I'm smarter than you.  If you do that you're going to wind up hating a lot of people :)

Youre antics wouldn't last ten minutes on regulated forums.

Translation: Gosh i sure wish i  could cancel you.

Look bimbo. Every post where you've spoken in a polite fashion and made valid points has been replied to in a respectful fashion with valid points.

YOU act like a bad person - THEN get pissed when others treat you the same way you treat them.

You're a weak minded child. That is YOUR problem - quit trying to make it mine.

7 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

The study says exactly what i did - they used the fbi designation.  Sorry kiddo :) 

No it really doesn't say exactly what you said at all. Nothing you ever repeat seems to.

Ultimately, the research concluded that it was “premature to make definitive assessments of the ban’s impact on gun crime,” largely because the law’s grandfathering of millions of pre-ban assault weapons and large-capacity magazines “ensured that the effects of the law would occur only gradually” and were “still unfolding” when the ban expired in 2004.

The effect of the ban was very real, it was occurring albeit slowly but happening nonetheless. This fits the pattern of most progress when it has conservatism to contend with - two steps backwards for every 3 gained. At least two and sometimes even more.

10 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Pot - meet kettle.

no - that's just your perception of anything that clashes with your echo chamber.

Generally i meet politeness with politeness, insults with insults. And i try as hard as possible to speak the truth.  When you're rude then i'm rude.  I'm just a lot better at it.

And don't hate me just because I'm smarter than you.  If you do that you're going to wind up hating a lot of people :)

Translation: Gosh i sure wish i  could cancel you.

Look bimbo. Every post where you've spoken in a polite fashion and made valid points has been replied to in a respectful fashion with valid points.

YOU act like a bad person - THEN get pissed when others treat you the same way you treat them.

You're a weak minded child. That is YOUR problem - quit trying to make it mine.

Great. You've just lost the privilege of my responses.

Good luck going back to the 1950's in your black hole.

17 hours ago, West said:

Last week it was the nra.. this week is Donnie.. next week it'll be white people.. repeat

Donnie spoke at the NRA convention just three days ago, saying that “mass shootings aren’t a gun problem.”

So, yeah, we’re upset at that. It’s obviously the guns. 

Great. You've just lost the privilege of my responses.

Good luck going back to the 1950's in your black hole.

Ohhh noooooess -  how will i live?

You go stick your head in the sand to your heart's content.  I get that intelligent people intimidate the hell out of people like you. Your fear and desire to hide is understandable. Honestly your responses weren't contributing much anyway, they're not necessary.

1 minute ago, Rebound said:

Donnie spoke at the NRA convention just three days ago, saying that “mass shootings aren’t a gun problem.”

It's obviously not the guns, and it's obviously not donnie.

But that's what the left will focus on because 'tribal'

15 minutes ago, Rebound said:

The last mass shooting was because of lefty indoctrination. I'm concerned about lunatics being radicalized by leftist cults

17 hours ago, Americana Antifa said:

People are actually mad at the NRA over all those mass shootings.

Are guns shooting people, or are angry and lonely people shooting people? What is making them so angry? What is making a growing demographic of young people so lonely? 

Also, why is the anger and urgency only directed at mass shootings? 

Why not shootings in general? Better yet, shootings in marginalized communities? 

I see my wife, I care about her so if I see her crying, will want to know what's wrong. If she tells me her boss, I ask follow up questions. You know, "what happened "?

Human nature. When people genuinely care about something they will want to know the cause, and genuinely want to make it better.

This is about playing politics. It's opportunistic, and requires a set narrative and shock to fuel it. 

Notice how nobody blames divisive politicians, who churn anger and division, to generate votes or the news, then instead of pointing at the shooters or what could possibly make someone want to kill a lot of people, they point to guns. Companies that make guns.

You are literally blaming pittbulls for maulings. Not negligent owners.

2 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

Are guns shooting people, or are angry and lonely people shooting people? What is making them so angry? What is making a growing demographic of young people so lonely? 

Also, why is the anger and urgency only directed at mass shootings? 

Why not shootings in general? Better yet, shootings in marginalized communities? 

I see my wife, I care about her so if I see her crying, will want to know what's wrong. If she tells me her boss, I ask follow up questions. You know, "what happened "?

Human nature. When people genuinely care about something they will want to know the cause, and genuinely want to make it better.

This is about playing politics. It's opportunistic, and requires a set narrative and shock to fuel it. 

Notice how nobody blames divisive politicians, who churn anger and division, to generate votes or the news, then instead of pointing at the shooters or what could possibly make someone want to kill a lot of people, they point to guns. Companies that make guns.

You are literally blaming pittbulls for maulings. Not negligent owners.

If we have a large portion of the population that is mentally unstable to the point where they're violent, maybe it's not a good idea to let them have guns.

We can enact red flag laws and close the loopholes, in addition to providing free mental healthcare. These two things are not mutually exclusive.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

If we have a large portion of the population that is mentally unstable to the point where they're violent, maybe it's not a good idea to let them have guns.

Because having them stab people is better? Or running over them with a truck?

Anyway i understand that most democrats are  not gun owners so most of the violent mentally unstable are already disarmed.

10 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

We can enact red flag laws and close the loopholes, in addition to providing free mental healthcare. These two things are not mutually exclusive.

Red flag laws and mental health intervention and similar policies are 90 percent of the answer.  That would include training the public on the issues and what to look for as well. And not just to gun violence but to all mass killings (other than crime).  The fact is once someone has decided they're in a place where they want to hurt others, they'll find a way, gun or not. You need to catch that BEFORE they get there.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2023 at 12:59 PM, CdnFox said:

the law does stop that. I'm pretty sure murder is illegal.

So you agree that it makes sense to have gun control, since mass shootings harm other people. Whereas people should be allowed to poison themselves, because they're not directly harming other people, yes?

Actually, food is a good comparison because while it's legal to eat as much junk food as you want, we still have health regulations. A restaurant can't poison their customers because, again, that is harming other people. 

but it is the personal choice of the bad guy to kill people. Blaming the manufacturer for that choice is just as silly as blaming the guy who made the fork.

Well I don't blame the gun manufacturers. I blame the law-makers for not making red flag laws and closing the loopholes. I never said people who make guns allowed the shootings to happen.

Nope - the dems have made their feelings clear. SO it's not slippery slope at all. It is demonstrable that any rights given up now will not be returned AND they will demand more rights be given up tomorrow.

Conservatives in the us cannot afford to give up even a single right, and should one be taken they should fight like hell to get it back. Or they won't have any at all before long. That's how democrats work.

That's just an excuse Republicans make to avoid compromising. There's no reason they can't support red flag laws outside of the NRA funding the GOP.

21 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Because having them stab people is better? Or running over them with a truck?

There's a reason why mass shootings are common, but mass stabbings aren't. Guns are way more dangerous. That's why when someone wants to go on a school massacre, they use a gun. They don't try to drive a truck into the school.

Anyway i understand that most democrats are  not gun owners so most of the violent mentally unstable are already disarmed.

And yet America still has a mass shooting problem.

Red flag laws and mental health intervention and similar policies are 90 percent of the answer.

Hey! We agree. Now if only we could get the Republicans to support mental health policies instead of voting against ANY bill that in ANY way addresses mental health.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Americana Antifa said:

So you agree that it makes sense to have gun control, since mass shootings harm other people.

No, i just agree that it makes sense to have some specific gun control for a variety of reasons. YOu're the one trying to spin it to mass murder :)  and i don't even know how you got that from the line you quoted.

Whereas people should be allowed to poison themselves, because they're not directly harming other people, yes?

Not really.  It depends on what you mean by 'poison'. I'm against narcotics that are addictive for example because one quickly loses the ability to make rational decisions about them. And poisioning yourself would RARELY affect only you.

Actually, food is a good comparison because while it's legal to eat as much junk food as you want, we still have health regulations. A restaurant can't poison their customers because, again, that is harming other people. 

Not terribly good for business either :)  But - we have safety regulations. We don't generrally require a chef to have a 'chef license' - just a business license.  SO the equivilant there would be regulation regarding the use and handling of firearms and depending on where you're talking about there is that already.

Well I don't blame the gun manufacturers. I blame the law-makers for not making red flag laws and closing the loopholes. I never said people who make guns allowed the shootings to happen.

It is the democratic and left wing position though. And that's the problem.  It anchors the conversation in the wrong place. There really aren't any meaningful 'loopholes'  but for sure "red flag" laws (or at least law or policy along the same lines) is a much better place to start.

That's just an excuse Republicans make to avoid compromising. There's no reason they can't support red flag laws outside of the NRA funding the GOP.

Sure there is. It would be more fair to say there's no reason the dems couldn't abandon their unreasonable attack on guns and focus on red flag/other laws. As long as they don't the republicans are going to have to dig in and not move an inch. Even on things like red flag laws which they tend to support in principle they'll have to be carefull as hell.

This became politiicized and the dems have REALLY racheted up the rhetoric, and now there's no unsticking that without them taking a very very different approach.

2 hours ago, CdnFox said:

No, i just agree that it makes sense to have some specific gun control for a variety of reasons. YOu're the one trying to spin it to mass murder :)  and i don't even know how you got that from the line you quoted.

Well America has a problem with guns and mass murder. But we agree that some gun control would reduce the mass murders, so that's good.

Not really.  It depends on what you mean by 'poison'. I'm against narcotics that are addictive for example because one quickly loses the ability to make rational decisions about them. And poisioning yourself would RARELY affect only you.

Wow. I didn't know you were a big government liberal. I thought you believe that adults could do what they want with their own bodies. Geez. Damn. Thought I was talking to a freedom-enjoyer here.

It is the democratic and left wing position though.

Oh, sweeeeety. You need to learn the difference between liberals and leftists. Leftists love guns. Liberals are the hoplophobes.

Sure there is. It would be more fair to say there's no reason the dems couldn't abandon their unreasonable attack on guns and focus on red flag/other laws. As long as they don't the republicans are going to have to dig in and not move an inch. Even on things like red flag laws which they tend to support in principle they'll have to be carefull as hell.

That's incredibly immature. 

Well America has a problem with guns and mass murder. But we agree that some gun control would reduce the mass murders, so that's good.

No. First off america has a problem with mass murders, not guns. Second i have never said that gun control would reduce mass murders, you just keep repeating that despite my correcting you several times.

This is why you're wrong SO often - you just don't listen.

Wow. I didn't know you were a big government liberal. I thought you believe that adults could do what they want with their own bodies. Geez. Damn. Thought I was talking to a freedom-enjoyer here.

Oh sweetie - i'm so many levels above you intellectually that of COURSE you're going to have problems trying to fit me into one of your mental pigeon holes :)

You need to learn the difference between liberals and leftists. Leftists love guns. Liberals are the hoplophobes.

Sure kid.

That's incredibly immature. 

No, but it would require an iq higher than an overripe avocado to understand it so it may have gone over your head a little.

It's quite simple. The Dems have been SO brutally unreasonable, illogical and destructive in their attacks on gun owners so far that the trust levels are so low that simply saying 'could we compromise over here' would be seen as a trap without a very strong demonstration that wasn't so.

And frankly there's no reason to think it wouldn't be.  Bring in red flag laws which say ' if proven to be a nutbar no guns', and it's only a matter of time till a dem changes it  to "prove you're not a nutbar before you're allowed to buy a gun at all, and we'll define what 'proof' is".   Prove me wrong.

So. As i said i doubt that either side will be interested in any kind of rational or real discussion. There will be a killing, dems will demand gun bans and claim republicans just want to see people dead, republicans will resist any changes to gun laws and will dig in further - and then the cycle will repeat.

9 hours ago, CdnFox said:

No. First off america has a problem with mass murders, not guns. Second i have never said that gun control would reduce mass murders, you just keep repeating that despite my correcting you several times.

This is why you're wrong SO often - you just don't listen.

Oh sweetie - i'm so many levels above you intellectually that of COURSE you're going to have problems trying to fit me into one of your mental pigeon holes :)

Sure kid.

No, but it would require an iq higher than an overripe avocado to understand it so it may have gone over your head a little.

It's quite simple. The Dems have been SO brutally unreasonable, illogical and destructive in their attacks on gun owners so far that the trust levels are so low that simply saying 'could we compromise over here' would be seen as a trap without a very strong demonstration that wasn't so.

And frankly there's no reason to think it wouldn't be.  Bring in red flag laws which say ' if proven to be a nutbar no guns', and it's only a matter of time till a dem changes it  to "prove you're not a nutbar before you're allowed to buy a gun at all, and we'll define what 'proof' is".   Prove me wrong.

So. As i said i doubt that either side will be interested in any kind of rational or real discussion. There will be a killing, dems will demand gun bans and claim republicans just want to see people dead, republicans will resist any changes to gun laws and will dig in further - and then the cycle will repeat.

If you want to own a gun, you’re a nut bar. 

Seriously, it’s become far too easy to get far too lethal guns.  And it’s obvious that it’s the availability of guns which is causing America’s fun death epidemic.  

When we create car safety solutions, we understand that people will still die in car accidents.  Yet, car safety measures work, and car fatality rates have plummeted in America as a result.  We don’t need a perfect solution in order to implement effective solutions.  

On 4/20/2023 at 12:28 PM, Americana Antifa said:

That's their personal choice. Most Americans have a live and let live attitude. You wanna poison yourself, that's your business. But if you want to harm other people, that's where the law should come in to stop you.

And yet you ANTIFA enemies of society think you need to "come in to stop" whatever you want. With guns, bombs, and a wide array of weapons.

We're it up to me...Young lady...I'd round you all up and cage you all for treason.

1 hour ago, Rebound said:

If you want to own a gun, you’re a nut bar. 

If you DON"T want to own a gun you're a nutbar!  Seriously they're so chock full of awesome explody goodness!

Seriously, it’s become far too easy to get far too lethal guns.

Well - first off, "Far too lethal"?  Honestly - tell me you know nothing of guns without telling me. The idea that one gun is substantially 'more lethal' than another, or that there's some type of gun you'd PREFER to be shot with is silly. Secondly it's actually become more difficult over time, it USED to be easier. So neither of those are terribly logical on the face of it.

And it’s obvious that it’s the availability of guns which is causing America’s fun death epidemic.  

Actually there's hard evidence that this is not true. Gary Mauser, professor at SFU some time back, did a tonne of research on this and so did others. The availability of guns plays no role in the murder rate for countries. Countries with more guns had high rates and countries with no guns had high rates. Suicide rates were also examined.   You can still dig up his works online if you look.

THis is why the left had to make a deliberate switch to discussing "Gun Crimes". Because if you look at just the murder or violent crime rates then it's obvious guns dont' play much of a role. BUt if you look at Gun Crimes - then banning all guns slows down Gun Crimes (even if people still kill using other tools).

The problem isn't the tool.

When we create car safety solutions, we understand that people will still die in car accidents.  Yet, car safety measures work, and car fatality rates have plummeted in America as a result.  We don’t need a perfect solution in order to implement effective solutions.  

Of course not - but the fact is there ARE safety rules in place for guns. Background checks. etc. Honestly beefing them up woudln't make much difference.

Take an example - we can look at it.

How about we look at the recent nashville one - shooter bought guns legally with background check and had no criminal records that would have stopped such a purchase.  Wasn't known to police.  So - the 'loophole' laws etc were useless.

Shooter used an ar, a 9 mm keltec carbine (small rifle that shoots pistol ammo) and a handgun .  Used all three killing different people. The type of gun made no difference. ANd we can see that with other shootins - some of the highest kill numbers were done wiht pistols, others rifles, etc.

What they did could EASILY have been done with a pump action shotgun or lever action rifle. So it's not the 'semi auto' issue.

Soooooo - what "gun law" would you have passed that would have prevented the deaths? The only thing that prevented more deaths was the cops getting on the shooter so quick.

Other laws that AREN't gun laws might have helped tho.

2 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

You're talking about fringe cases. The vast majority of Antifa protests have been legal.

the vast majority of antifa support those fringe cases just by being in antifa.  Antifa never denounces the violence - if you're a part of an org that supports and allows that violence it's not the 'fringe'.  Its the entire org