The left wing rage cycle.

21 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

I know, right? People are actually mad at the NRA over all those mass shootings. Crazy.

It is.  by that logic people should be furious at the cultery manufacturers for causing obesity :)   It's beyond stupid  - nobody suggests that booze makers be sued for drunk driving accidents. 

That kind of thinking instead of dealing with the real issues is what gets people killed in the US. The left spends all it's time trying to steal everyone's guns, the right spends it's time trying to hold on to them, and meanwhile nobody actually cares about real solutions

Well done

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CdnFox said:

It is.  by that logic people should be furious at the cultery manufacturers for causing obesity :)   It's beyond stupid  - nobody suggests that booze makers be sued for drunk driving accidents. 

That kind of thinking instead of dealing with the real issues is what gets people killed in the US. The left spends all it's time trying to steal everyone's guns, the right spends it's time trying to hold on to them, and meanwhile nobody actually cares about real solutions

Well done

Apparently you're unaware that when assault (AR-15 style) rifles were BANNED for 10 years, mass shootings declined significantly.

14 hours ago, CdnFox said:

The difference is that the cutlery manufacturers don't own the GOP and use them to block any kind of new gun control policies.

10 hours ago, robosmith said:

Apparently you're unaware that when assault (AR-15 style) rifles were BANNED for 10 years, mass shootings declined significantly.

Sorry kiddo - another lefty myth :) they don't line up.  And they weren't banned, there were tonnes of them out there.  The ar itself was never banned, just the sale of new ones and there were many other similar rifles that were quite available. SO people could buy ar's quite easily during the ban, just not brand new ones.

In fact - the sale of ars went up radically just before the ban came in place - as it always does - so the number of ar's out there during the 'ban" was actually higher than any time in history.

So how does the left get their numbers to work?

Well first off - they define 'mass shooting' as any shooting with 4 or more fatalities. Which is fair enough, that's what the fbi uses and you have to have SOME definition.  But - that winds up including gang and criminal shootings.  So if a gang gets into a shootout and 4 people are killed - thats a ' mass shooting'.

Guess what happened about the same time as the gun ban? New laws and a serious reduction in criminal shootings. :)

The majority of killings before during and after the ban have been done by handguns. But when the gangs stop shooting each other then guess what. Fewer 'mass shootings'.

If you look at what MOST of us would call 'mass shootings' - ie crazy person goes out and shoots innocent people - then there's really no difference.

Violent crime overall was falling since 1990 with new laws and enforcement - and all  violent crime happened to go up a little in 2004, but it's fallen back down since.

Sorry  - the whole' gun ban worked' thing is a complete lie generated by manipulating statistics.

Just now, Americana Antifa said:

The difference is that the cutlery manufacturers don't own the GOP and use them to block any kind of new gun control policies.

And yet people still get fat.  That kind of proves my point. Bringing in 'cutlery control' laws wouldn't change anything. And nobody is stupid enough to think it would. It's only 'guns' and their hoplophobia that makes them lose their minds and think a manufacturer is responsible for someone misusing their product.

And the idea that the gun manufacturers 'own' the gop is just simply not defensible. IT would be reasonable to say that the majority of GOP supporters don't favour gun laws, but that's democracy.

But lets get real - the biggest problem is that nobody believes that if reasonable gun laws  were brought in that the dems would stop there. They would continue to go after gun owners till ALL guns ownership was banned. So the republican voters know they can't afford to give an inch.

IF the dems were reasonable about it then progress could be made, but they're not.  They will always want to ban 'the shoulder thingie that goes up".

6 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

And yet people still get fat.

That's their personal choice. Most Americans have a live and let live attitude. You wanna poison yourself, that's your business. But if you want to harm other people, that's where the law should come in to stop you.

And the idea that the gun manufacturers 'own' the gop is just simply not defensible. IT would be reasonable to say that the majority of GOP supporters don't favour gun laws, but that's democracy.

Actually, most GOP voters do support more gun control. Granted, not nearly to the degree as Democrat voters. But things like red flag laws are super popular even among right-leaning Americans.

But lets get real - the biggest problem is that nobody believes that if reasonable gun laws  were brought in that the dems would stop there. They would continue to go after gun owners till ALL guns ownership was banned. So the republican voters know they can't afford to give an inch.

That's the slippery slope fallacy. If we allow red flag laws for guns, soon we'll have red flag laws for hammers!

24 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

That's their personal choice.

no no no no - you see it's the FORK that makes them DO it - and the manufactuers KNOW that when they sell the fork! I mean - what else is the fork going to be used for! We should SUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEE (reeeeeee!)

Most Americans have a live and let live attitude. You wanna poison yourself, that's your business. But if you want to harm other people, that's where the law should come in to stop you.

the law does stop that. I'm pretty sure murder is illegal.

but it is the personal choice of the bad guy to kill people. Blaming the manufacturer for that choice is just as silly as blaming the guy who made the fork.

Actually, most GOP voters do support more gun control. Granted, not nearly to the degree as Democrat voters. But things like red flag laws are super popular even among right-leaning Americans.

Sure.  LIke i said - if the democrats were reasonable i think there's some room for some actual useful amendments. Although i suspect it would do more to reduce accidents than crime but either way.

But they can't. If they give an inch the dems will demand a foot. Much more than that and you don't have a leg to stand on.

That's the slippery slope fallacy. If we allow red flag laws for guns, soon we'll have red flag laws for hammers!

Nope - the dems have made their feelings clear. SO it's not slippery slope at all. It is demonstrable that any rights given up now will not be returned AND they will demand more rights be given up tomorrow.

Conservatives in the us cannot afford to give up even a single right, and should one be taken they should fight like hell to get it back. Or they won't have any at all before long. That's how democrats work.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

15 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Well done

While I agree with some of what you've said here..... Without nationwide background checks on all gun sales, how are we to know if the purchasers are loons or not?

The left brain trust have shot themselves in the foot, so to speak.  They are whipping up the base with too many causes to rage and fear about.  The poor left wing masses are worn down with the constant cycles of fear and rage.  
Setting things up for a Trump return…

• Like 1

Just now, CrakHoBarbie said:

While I agree with some of what you've said here..... Without nationwide background checks on all gun sales, how are we to know if the purchasers are loons or not?

Well you have nationwide background checks now..

Living in a country where we probably did it more right that most i do have an idea of what 'reasonable' gun laws would look like that would be fair to both sides .  And make no mistake - even as an owner of about 30 firearms and who grew up in a strong hunting and firearms culture i still support reasonable fireatms laws - mostly to prevent accidents (which frankly area  bigger problem your way than crazy people).

But - even the best gun control laws won't solve the problem at all.  At least not the problem of a crazy person deciding a bunch of other innocent people need to die. That will require other things to change. And again canada tends to do that better than the us for whatever reason.

But the problem is those issues will never be seriously discussed.  The left focuses on banning guns as a solution. The right focuses on preventing that. Neither side is interested in focusing on how to actually stop killings. Or reduce them.

I don't see that changing anytime during our lifetimes

9 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Well you have nationwide background checks now..

Living in a country where we probably did it more right that most i do have an idea of what 'reasonable' gun laws would look like that would be fair to both sides .  And make no mistake - even as an owner of about 30 firearms and who grew up in a strong hunting and firearms culture i still support reasonable fireatms laws - mostly to prevent accidents (which frankly area  bigger problem your way than crazy people).

But - even the best gun control laws won't solve the problem at all.  At least not the problem of a crazy person deciding a bunch of other innocent people need to die. That will require other things to change. And again canada tends to do that better than the us for whatever reason.

But the problem is those issues will never be seriously discussed.  The left focuses on banning guns as a solution. The right focuses on preventing that. Neither side is interested in focusing on how to actually stop killings. Or reduce them.

I don't see that changing anytime during our lifetimes

I said "all" gun sales.

"While federal law requires background checks for gun sales by licensed FFL holders, it does not require background checks for guns sold by unlicensed sellers, like non-dealers who sell guns online or at gun shows. This loophole enables people with felony convictions, domestic abuse restraining orders, and other people with prohibiting histories to buy guns with no questions asked. The loophole should be closed to require background checks on all gun sales—not just on the sale of firearms from licensed gun dealers."

I was an avid shooter and reloader for over 40 years. My arthritis took that away. But I do not see either side coming up with a viable solution to mass shootings.

I don't have an answer either.

Edited by CrakHoBarbie

14 minutes ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

Something else besides guns we'll never eliminate is the amount of anger and mistrust there is in the world. Dialing these back a few notches should at least alleviate and lessen the carnage but they seem to be growing so how? I think the trick is in the answer to that.

21 minutes ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

I said "all" gun sales.

Wouldn't make a difference. At all. The level you have now is enough.

21 minutes ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

I was an avid shooter and reloader for over 40 years. My arthritis took that away. But I do not see either side coming up with a viable solution to mass shootings.

I have answers - i just don't think they'll ever be discussed in the us

the left will focus on guns, the right will focus on the lefts focus on guns - both will become more entrenched over time and at the end of the day that's where it stops.

I just don't see real solutions being discussed seriously.

4 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Something else besides guns we'll never eliminate is the amount of anger and mistrust there is in the world. Dialing these back a few notches should at least alleviate and lessen the carnage but they seem to be growing so how? I think the trick is in the answer to that.

Gee.... Who could be whipping the population into a frenzy?

Hummm....

Well, when a corporation lies about election fraud... Which leads to a complete distrust in our electoral system, in this one instance we can directly place part of the blame on Foxpropaganda and their bi tch Donald.

6 minutes ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

Just not enough to stop the mass shootings.

It would never be enough to stop the mass shootings.  It's like saying "we have enough avocados - but just not enough to stop mass shootings'

you have enough to do the job that background checks can do. More will not make any difference.

Just no good ones.

Lots of good ones.

The answers are not difficult. The implementations can be but even there - not THAT difficult.

but for the left it will always be about guns, and for the right it will always be about stopping the left takign guns.  No good solutions will be discused.

Hummm....

Well, when a corporation lies about election fraud... Which leads to a complete distrust in our electoral system, in this one instance we can directly place part of the blame on Foxpropaganda and their bi tch Donald.

Sorry barbie - it's you.  You're the problem.' And your kind.

Long before the eleciton thing cnn was pushing a false story about kids who were catholics attacking first nations people and creating all kinds of hatred - and that was a complete lie.  And you are fine with that.

NBC deliberately lied to whip up racist anger at the martin incidnet - and you seem ok with that as well.

There are TONNES of other examples.

I think they're ALL bad.  But - you only care about the ones that your tribe disapproves of.

And that's america today. Which is why it won't stop, and will get worse and the beatings will continue until morale improves.

13 minutes ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

Hummm....

I know but this frenzy has been getting whipped up for a couple of decades now. Fox and Trump are really just symptoms.

There's a lot of dialing back to do...now I must sound like some sort of conservative pining for the past. You're right of course there's only one way forward and it isn't backwards even if does lead to another Dark Age.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I know but this frenzy has been getting whipped up for a couple of decades now. Fox and Trump are really just symptoms.

There's a lot of dialing back to do...now I must sound like some sort of conservative pining for the past. You're right of course there's only one way forward and it isn't backwards even if does lead to another Dark Age.

I appreciate your candor.

Typically, these "issues" resolve themselves by the changing of the guard ( the old folks die, the young live on) unless the manipulations lead to civil unrest.

From the looks of it now, could go either way.

Edited by CrakHoBarbie

2 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Sorry kiddo - another lefty myth :) they don't line up.  And they weren't banned, there were tonnes of them out there.  The ar itself was never banned, just the sale of new ones and there were many other similar rifles that were quite available. SO people could buy ar's quite easily during the ban, just not brand new ones.

In fact - the sale of ars went up radically just before the ban came in place - as it always does - so the number of ar's out there during the 'ban" was actually higher than any time in history.

So how does the left get their numbers to work?

Well first off - they define 'mass shooting' as any shooting with 4 or more fatalities. Which is fair enough, that's what the fbi uses and you have to have SOME definition.  But - that winds up including gang and criminal shootings.  So if a gang gets into a shootout and 4 people are killed - thats a ' mass shooting'.

Guess what happened about the same time as the gun ban? New laws and a serious reduction in criminal shootings. :)

The majority of killings before during and after the ban have been done by handguns. But when the gangs stop shooting each other then guess what. Fewer 'mass shootings'.

If you look at what MOST of us would call 'mass shootings' - ie crazy person goes out and shoots innocent people - then there's really no difference.

Violent crime overall was falling since 1990 with new laws and enforcement - and all  violent crime happened to go up a little in 2004, but it's fallen back down since.

Sorry  - the whole' gun ban worked' thing is a complete lie generated by manipulating statistics.

No REASON to believe ^this OPINION.

I have EVIDENCE and YOU DON'T. LMAO

Northwestern Study Says 1994-2004 Federal Assault Weapons Ban Worked

The last federal assault weapons ban expired in 2004, but a new study from Northwestern Medicine says that the ten-year ban likely prevented as many as 11 mass shootings, and had it remained in place, as many as 30 more mass shootings could have been prevented.

• Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Sorry barbie - it's you.  You're the problem.' And your kind.

Long before the eleciton thing cnn was pushing a false story about kids who were catholics attacking first nations people and creating all kinds of hatred - and that was a complete lie.  And you are fine with that.

NBC deliberately lied to whip up racist anger at the martin incidnet - and you seem ok with that as well.

There are TONNES of other examples.

I think they're ALL bad.  But - you only care about the ones that your tribe disapproves of.

And that's america today. Which is why it won't stop, and will get worse and the beatings will continue until morale improves.

Ok. I'm the problem. And you are completely incompetent when it comes to addressing me.

Another failure on your part.

15 minutes ago, robosmith said:

No REASON to believe ^this OPINION.

I have EVIDENCE and YOU DON'T. LMAO

The study says exactly what i did - they used the fbi designation.  Sorry kiddo :) 

But here you go ;)

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/03/factchecking-bidens-claim-that-assault-weapons-ban-worked/

FactCheck.org, Feb. 1, 2013: The final report concluded the ban’s success in reducing crimes committed with banned guns was “mixed.” Gun crimes involving assault weapons declined. However, that decline was “offset throughout at least the late 1990s by steady or rising use of other guns equipped with [large-capacity magazines].”

Ultimately, the research concluded that it was “premature to make definitive assessments of the ban’s impact on gun crime,” largely because the law’s grandfathering of millions of pre-ban assault weapons and large-capacity magazines “ensured that the effects of the law would occur only gradually” and were “still unfolding” when the ban expired in 2004.

LOL - sucks to be you kiddo :P