The left wing rage cycle.

1 hour ago, Americana Antifa said:

Name some leftists who have said this.

Why. You going to go beat them up?

You always say 'name such and such', i name them, and then you either ignore it and go on to your next lie or ask for another.

How about this - are you saying that NOBODY says that? Will you admit you are wrong and don't know what you're talknig about if i produce examples?  Or are you instead going to admit right now that there are indeed those who say that on the left.

32 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

So no actual examples?

It's amazing how often conservatives will make a statement about leftists, then when asked for examples of the claims, they got nothing.

Your brains have all been melted by right-wing media.

Just try the divide by zero bit.

14 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

You always say 'name such and such', i name them, and then you either ignore it and go on to your next lie or ask for another.

Nope. At best, you name some random fringe cases that in no way represent a common view on the Left.

If you were to say that the Left wants X and then named some mainstream left-wing politicians that were fighting for X, that would be a good argument. Politicians and activists with big followings represent common views, since if they didn't have common views, they wouldn't have big followings.

But instead of naming mainstream politicians or popular activists, you'll say this one college did X, so that means the Left wants X.

14 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

How about this - are you saying that NOBODY says that? Will you admit you are wrong and don't know what you're talknig about if i produce examples?  Or are you instead going to admit right now that there are indeed those who say that on the left.

I think if you look hard enough, you'll be able to find exceptions to every rule. What I'm saying is you won't be able to find mainstream leftists who want to ban guns. Maybe you'll find some rando on Twitter with a hundred followers or something.

7 minutes ago, Legato said:

Just try the divide by zero bit.

LOL - well at the end of the day she knows i'm right and she's just angry about it.

The left wants to ban guns, period. They don't believe people "need' Guns,  with the exception of law enforcement and MAAAAYBE hunters - but most of them aren't big on hunting either.

30 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

Nope. At best, you name some random fringe cases that in no way represent a common view on the Left.

ROFLMAO -  What's that phrase of yours?  "Get back here with those goalposts!"  LOL!!!!! 

So you admit that there's liberals and lefties who say that :)   well good.

It's hilarious watching you make excuses like that before you even get the name that you demanded ;)   "Give me a name!"  are you sure? i can do that.  "Oh ... ummm -  I HAVEN"T SEEN THE NAME BUT I ALREADY KNOW IT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH AND I MEANT GIVE ME A NAME FROM A SPECIFIC GROUP !!!!"""

You're so predictable :)

Now that we're done pretending the left doesn't want to ban guns, or that there's any chance of them being rational about it,  we're left with the same problem. The right can't trust the left on the firearms issues and the only thing the left cares about is banning the guns so there will never be any discussions around the real problems or solutions even though everyone knows guns aren' t the issue.

8 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

ROFLMAO -  What's that phrase of yours?  "Get back here with those goalposts!"  LOL!!!!! 

So you admit that there's liberals and lefties who say that :)   well good.

So we both know you're being bad faith here. But you should probably know, it doesn't work. Most people understand that there are always fringe cases. When we said "liberals want gun control," we all understand that we're speaking broadly. Of course if you look hard enough, you'll find outlying liberals who want no gun control.

Really, by pretending I'm moving the goalposts here, it doesn't make you look good. It's really just admitting that I'm correct. Leftists don't want to ban guns, which is why the best you'd be able to do is find some fringe cases. I'm guessing you know all this already, since you went OD with the smilies again.

Now that we're done pretending the left doesn't want to ban guns

Well, we're still waiting for you to give examples of leftists who want to ban guns. So far you've been unable to do so, which is why you're mad now.

42 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

So we both know you're being bad faith here.

Everybody is quite aware I am in very good faith. You're the one who's arguing in bad faith, demanding to have examples when you know there are plenty, and then trying to change the tune when i point that out.

It's not just politicians either, it's academics, media personalities, you name it. 

The only reason the left tippytoes around it at all is because of the political backlash of saying they want to ban ALL guns. So they start with "Most" guns or this "class" of guns. Hell, even Biden does it. He'll say nobody needs 'assault' guns and then define that as anything that isn't for hunting.  So - any gun that isn't a hunting gun, for now. That's most of the guns in the US.

You lied from the get go. You know perfectly well the left does NOT support firearms ownership. Which is why they can't be trusted.  IF anything, you've proven here that they are dishonest in the extreme.

46 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

Well, we're still waiting for you to give examples

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!  You already said you didn't want them - now you're back to wanting them again :)

Ok - like i said, joe biden.  :)  There you go :)

Now  i can't wait to hear you twist and turn as to why he doesn't count, or what he said doesn't count :)

Every single person who's reading this knows you're a liar :) of course most knew before hand.

8 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Are you saying that a few people in the entire nation said something stupid, and it somehow applies to all Democrats in the country? 

3 hours ago, NYLefty said:

Last week it was kneeling football players.. this week it's transgender folk.. next week black people.. repeat

No, nobody had a problem with football players , and most don't have a problem with transgender people.  BOTH of those examples are examples of the same thing - people are sick of the left wing's culture wars.

They want to watch sports to relax and unwind - not to deal with political issues. When they're forced to - they get mad.

They want to enjoy their beer and relax without dealing with political issues. So when that's shoved in their face, there's a backlash.

They go to disney movies to entertain their children and listen to a good story, not to deal with complex sexual issues. So if disney shoves that down their throats they get pissed.

Its the same thing. Identity politics and the culture wars/woke agenda are pissing people off. Not the gays, not the trans, not the football players.

Swing and a miss there.

6 hours ago, Rebound said:

Are you saying that a few people in the entire nation said something stupid, and it somehow applies to all Democrats in the country? 

When Trump says something stupid why do Dem say all Republicans are the same?

4 hours ago, Legato said:

When Trump says something stupid why do Dem say all Republicans are the same?

No comparison. Trump was President. He is the leading mouthpiece of the GOP.  

Are you really that dumb, or just couldn’t come up with anything sensible to say? Cause that’s just… dang…

Edited by Rebound

1 hour ago, Rebound said:

No comparison. Trump was President. He is the leading mouthpiece of the GOP.  

Are you really that dumb, or just couldn’t come up with anything sensible to say? Cause that’s just… dang…

That couldn't be more weak :)

So when biden says nobody needs whatever gun he speaks for all democrats everywhere then? Is that what you're saying?

19 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Everybody is quite aware I am in very good faith. You're the one who's arguing in bad faith, demanding to have examples when you know there are plenty, and then trying to change the tune when i point that out.

But you didn't point them out. You didn't name a single one because you can't.

All I said was that in order to make the argument that "leftists want to ban guns" you would have to give examples of mainstream leftists, not just random-ass nobodies in the comments section of a Youtube video. And I said that before you named a single person.

19 hours ago, CdnFox said:

It's not just politicians either, it's academics, media personalities, you name it. 

The only reason the left tippytoes around it at all is because of the political backlash of saying they want to ban ALL guns. So they start with "Most" guns or this "class" of guns. Hell, even Biden does it. He'll say nobody needs 'assault' guns and then define that as anything that isn't for hunting.  So - any gun that isn't a hunting gun, for now. That's most of the guns in the US.

You lied from the get go. You know perfectly well the left does NOT support firearms ownership. Which is why they can't be trusted.  IF anything, you've proven here that they are dishonest in the extreme.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!  You already said you didn't want them - now you're back to wanting them again :)

Ok - like i said, joe biden.  :)  There you go :)

Now  i can't wait to hear you twist and turn as to why he doesn't count, or what he said doesn't count :)

Every single person who's reading this knows you're a liar :) of course most knew before hand.

So I will admit one thing. Those are definitely a lot of smilies. I think we can agree on that.

But Joe Biden isn't a leftist. Like I said before, you don't know the difference between liberals and leftists. 

As an actual leftist, I disagree with Biden. I don't think we should ban assault weapons. But even that isn't a super extreme idea. Yeah, Biden is wrong here, but banning assault weapons isn't the same as banning all guns, which the Right is always claiming both liberals and leftists want to do.

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

That couldn't be more weak :)

So when biden says nobody needs whatever gun he speaks for all democrats everywhere then? Is that what you're saying?

He is the leader of the Democratic Party and the free world. His words have more weight than most.  So, yes, when he proposes an assault weapons ban, he is representing many millions of people. That’s the concept behind representative democracy. Maybe you’ve heard of it?

1 minute ago, Rebound said:

He is the leader of the Democratic Party and the free world. His words have more weight than most.  So, yes, when he proposes an assault weapons ban, he is representing many millions of people.

Nice attempt to twist what was said :)

The question is does he speak for all democrats everywhere?

And the answer by the way is no.  As leader of the gov't he speaks for the gov't. And he may speak on their behalf to the world as an elected official. But - that is not the same as saying he speaks for them and everything he says they believe, which is very clearly what we were discussing.

People are individuals and just because they elect a person doesn't mean they all agree with everything he says. It's called individual free will.  Maybe you've heard of it?

51 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Nice attempt to twist what was said :)

The question is does he speak for all democrats everywhere?

And the answer by the way is no.  As leader of the gov't he speaks for the gov't. And he may speak on their behalf to the world as an elected official. But - that is not the same as saying he speaks for them and everything he says they believe, which is very clearly what we were discussing.

People are individuals and just because they elect a person doesn't mean they all agree with everything he says. It's called individual free will.  Maybe you've heard of it?

I support Joe Biden, as do most Democrats. I don’t run away from what he says.  Doesn’t mean I have to agree with everything he says but I mostly do, just as Trump supporters agree with most of the ridiculous things Trump says… else, they would not be Trump supporters.  

On 4/23/2023 at 5:50 PM, Americana Antifa said:

FsU6sWbacAAMTlu.jpg

The NRA funds the Republicans to keep them from doing anything on gun control.

And George Soros funds his fellow DemoNAZIS to try to overturn the Second Amendment while allowing dangerous killers to go free with no bail.

Looks like YOUR goose stepping side of the aisle has a lot more gun blood on its hands than the Americans.