Womens tears are making politics - and society - more feminine.

1 hour ago, impartialobserver said:

I find your types amusing. In your heart of hearts... you want a civil war. Of course, you will never just come out and say it. 

Do you?

I will concede this...I would likely not back down if struck.

Does that bother you? I hope it does because it's a basic rule of social structure. I would hope you would at least not deny your own human instincts?

1 minute ago, Nationalist said:

Do you?

I will concede this...I would likely not back down if struck.

Does that bother you? I hope it does because it's a basic rule of social structure. I would hope you would at least not deny your own human instincts?

I do not want a civil war. I find that your types want one just as an excuse to fight. Comfortable life where there is little true desparation and no imminent threats to kill is boring and unfulfilling. 

I would not back down either. However, unlike you, I am not going to seek a conflict just for the fun of it. 

4 hours ago, Moonbox said:

By the time of Augustus they had 25 standing legions, so ~125,000 active, professional, paid soldiers on 20+ year terms of service, which you said they didn't:

No, by the end of the time of agustus -  about 100 years after marius. And they weren't actually all standing legions. They were engaged in a number of wars at the time. The number of legions would rise and fall as the conflicts did.

4 hours ago, Moonbox said:

CDNRETARD1.thumb.png.5c285ca3ca8eb180a696ac3aa5d80827.png

The energy you're expending just to escape your own embarrassing stupidity is entertaining though.  As usual, 1-3 lines are met with paragraphs of your obfuscating and no-life pounding on the keyboard.  ? 

ROFLMAO - so you know you're wrong and you figure attacking me personally will somehow make you right :) And to prove your point about me writing lengthy replies to your 1-3 lines. you post my reply of 1-3 lines.  :) LOLOLOL  - well you're just not the brightest bulb on the tree are you ;)

Sorry kiddo, rome generally rose legions as necessary.  They might be necessary for a while, or may be necessary for occupation, or just for a short campaign. but it's not like today where they just decide how big the army will be and that's it.

For example - when ceaser was killed there was about 37 legions fighting various wars - that was up to 60 by the time that mark anthony and augustus fought, then it fell back down to 20 something, etc etc. That's only over a period of a dozen years. The size of the forces rose and fell with need all the time.

You've already contradicted yourself a dozen times.  You claimed that standing armies were a thing because of the marius reforms, then posted a source that said that rome wouldn't have standing armies till 100 years later. And the facts are recorded history - rome rose and disbanded legions as necessary all the time.

You know you look like a retard. which is why you can't let this go. You spend a few days trying to find something to corroborate your ineptitude then come back and whine again. 

At least you've given up with the rediculous notion that rome fell because of the 'Germans' and the celts. That was particularly thick.

3 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Of course, I still listen to voices on the left. 

Those unable to even listen to the other side and can only hate it and despise Trump or Biden are hypocrites. 

Quick IQ test on someone like this.

Ask them to list 3 qualities of someone like that (that they hate).

Its impossible for such people to think outside the box. They are like a fish out of water.

Their usual go to, will be anger.

32 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

Those unable to even listen to the other side and can only hate it and despise Trump or Biden are hypocrites. 

Quick IQ test on someone like this.

Ask them to list 3 qualities of someone like that (that they hate).

Its impossible for such people to think outside the box. They are like a fish out of water.

Their usual go to, will be anger.

For me it’s about policies rather than parties. All political parties have problems.

5 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Well he is cognitively disabled.!

Yet the Democrats ran him anyway and even used his disability as a weapon. It was and is a disgusting display. 

Needing a cc monitor doesn't mean he's cognitively disabled. And they never used his stroke as part of his campaign. The only time his stroke was used was when the Oz campaign made fun of him for it, which backfired.

As for his depression, we don't know if the other Democrats knew how bad it was.

2 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

I do not want a civil war. I find that your types want one just as an excuse to fight. Comfortable life where there is little true desparation and no imminent threats to kill is boring and unfulfilling. 

I would not back down either. However, unlike you, I am not going to seek a conflict just for the fun of it. 

Why would you think I crave physical fighting? 

5 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

The irony is that for someone who purports to be progressive your comments are incredibly tribal and judgemental.

That's ridiculous. That's like saying it's tribal and judgmental to say that Islamists are theocratic. 

Generally conservatives believe in merit and removing barriers for people, including the barriers of racism, homophobia, etc.  

If that was true, then they'd support policies that reduce classism, which is the biggest barrier. And homophobia? Then why are they against gay people having the same representation as straight people? A lot of them are even still against gay marriage. The history of America has basically been conservatives being dragged kicking and screaming into supporting things they hate in order to stay politically relevant. It was like that for suffrage too.

They do tend to support more traditional family and religious values.  Many blacks, latinos, and Indigenous support such traditional values as well.  

But by "traditional values," you mean not allowing women and minorities to have equal rights. When conservatives say "traditional marriage" what they really mean is gay people shouldn't have their marriages recognized. That's not removing a barrier.

I generally don’t want to be lectured to about why representation is important because I don’t question the value of representation. Of course the diversity of the population should be reflected in film, books, etc, but of course in some cases this takes time because the community demographic has changed in recent years, and yes, racism was and still can be a problem.  I don’t mind movies with a political agenda if the story is well written, acted, etc.  I enjoyed The Crying Game, an early transvestite-themed film because it was a touching story.

So then you're okay with gay couples in children's media, yes?

People are complex.  There are good liberals and good conservatives.   Political parties are full of compromise.  I lean more conservative now because I see the excesses of the left and how it’s threatening free speech and moral values.

See, this is why I have to call bullshit. On the Left, we have random people who might be too quick to boycott someone over something they said. On the Right, we have actual politicians banning books, banning protesting, and trying to end democracy. Even if SJW cancel culture was real, that would be nothing compared to right-wing politicians actually banning speech and democratic elections.

Edited by Americana Antifa
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

Needing a cc monitor doesn't mean he's cognitively disabled. And they never used his stroke as part of his campaign. The only time his stroke was used was when the Oz campaign made fun of him for it, which backfired.

As for his depression, we don't know if the other Democrats knew how bad it was.

Sure...if you say so...

40 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Maybe I am over-generalizing but types like you that I encounter online really relish the idea of a good fight. They need to have a bad guy to hate and fight against and not just online or sit in their homes and whine about. 

Sane people don't crave fighting, IMO.

I am also of the opinion that those who pick fights are weasels. 

5 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

So now that this is settled, how has Fetterman gone too far in talking about his depression? 

Is destigmatizing depression ok?

Oh nothing is settled. I'm just tired of your particular brand of BS.

7 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Sane people don't crave fighting, IMO.

I am also of the opinion that those who pick fights are weasels. 

Ok, I am wrong then. 

My very Conservative grandfather who served in WWII had no respect or patience for those who wanted to keep talking about war. His thinking was that by viewing it as "the glory days", we were being hypocrites. If it was so terrible, which he thought it was, then we should stop talking about it with such reverence. Behind closed doors, he would tell me about how reliving it was just their way of wanting a fight.. a fight that these visitors were too old/frail to fight. 

19 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Ok, I am wrong then. 

My very Conservative grandfather who served in WWII had no respect or patience for those who wanted to keep talking about war. His thinking was that by viewing it as "the glory days", we were being hypocrites. If it was so terrible, which he thought it was, then we should stop talking about it with such reverence. Behind closed doors, he would tell me about how reliving it was just their way of wanting a fight.. a fight that these visitors were too old/frail to fight. 

If you've ever been in a bad fight, you don't crave it again.

Only those who've never been in a bad fight, would entertain the idea of starting one.

3 hours ago, CdnFox said:

ROFLMAO - so you know you're wrong and you figure attacking me personally will somehow make you right

The quotes proved I was right, contrasting facts with your aggressive foolishness and ignorance. 

You can't help one-upping yourself though, so you follow that stupidity up with complaints of personal attacks...something you would totally never engage in yourself.  

??

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

The quotes proved I was right, contrasting facts with your aggressive foolishness and ignorance. 

They proved you were wrong, as i've already noted and explained in detail.  I guess for you "denial" isn't just a river in egypt :)

51 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

You can't help one-upping yourself though, so you follow that stupidity up with complaints of personal attacks...something you would totally never engage in yourself.  

??

Boy you sure do love talking to your mirror don't you :) LOL 

Sorry you look dumb. Cope harder.