The Pandemic Is OVER!

1 minute ago, Boges said:

*you're 

I have not surrendered anything to you. When you post this, it's refreshing because it shows you have nothing left. 

It's your. Possessive.

You're is the contraction of YOU and ARE.

I accept your surrender as you have no explanation...nor does the government...as to how all the marbles managed to make it into the can.

ArriveCan to be dropped in a few weeks. 

https://www.cp24.com/news/feds-set-to-drop-arrivecan-app-ease-other-covid-19-border-restrictions-within-weeks-sources-1.6076438

But yeah. LOCKDOWNS ARE COMING!!!!! 

The problem with COVID deniers is that their narrative is built on widespread government control and over-reach. When restrictions are lifted and we move back to normal, it goes against their hysterical narrative. So they have to keep up the fear. 

Edited by Boges
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

It's not my problem that you have no experience with probability and statistics.

You contend that a COVID Death is a rare outlier.

But you don't even accept that a COVID death is a COVID death. So even if one could easily demonstrate that instances of premature death due to an acute disease rose from 2020 to early 2022, you wouldn't accept the premise. 

5 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

It's not my problem that you have no experience with probability and statistics.

BTW, this is not what this thread is about. If you think COVID was a scam, God Bless You. But who cares what you think?

The question is, is the "Pandemic Over" from a medical perspective or a political one. 

Edited by Boges

18 hours ago, Boges said:

You contend that a COVID Death is a rare outlier.

But you don't even accept that a COVID death is a COVID death. So even if one could easily demonstrate that instances of premature death due to an acute disease rose from 2020 to early 2022, you wouldn't accept the premise. 

From Covid...With Covid...two different things.

As the old joke goes...

A man is walking down a street. As he walks past one building, a loose brick falls from above and strikes him on the head, killing him instantly. The autopsy shows he tested positive for Covid-19.

News Headline: Covid-19 now airborne and kills instantly.

Edited by DogOnPorch
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Boges said:

Well we're moving past it, as a society. 

I hope not.  I hope we have the honesty to learn from what happened here.

The most disappointing thing to me is how so many, both in the professional fields an the public, tossed established science out the window.

Medical science is NOT the same as legality.  In the legal world, it's "innocent until proven guilty."  Medical science was NEVER that way until covid.  Vaccine injuries and deaths were always attributed to whatever vaccine was being pushed until it was proven they were not responsible.  Since covid, it's the opposite.  Vaccine injuries and deaths are now just "coincidences", so no one is looking for proof of safety.  Both the CDC and FDA have admitted they have not been looking at safety signals.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Boges said:

BTW, this is not what this thread is about. If you think COVID was a scam, God Bless You. But who cares what you think?

The question is, is the "Pandemic Over" from a medical perspective or a political one. 

I accept your surrender.

10 minutes ago, Boges said:

The problem with COVID deniers is that their narrative is built on widespread government control and over-reach.

Or maybe they are being dropped because of the vocal "fringe minority"?

Hopefully, so many of us speaking out against such over-reach is having an effect.

Not you, of course.

You're very obedient, and welcome and applaud governmental over-reach.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DogOnPorch said:

A 3.4% mortality rate FROM Covid 19 would have us opening cab doors and the dead falling out.

Alas...I've yet to encounter ONE poor soul that died in the streets of this deadly great mortality black death plague.

The article says that the Director of WHO stated that, “Globally, about 3.4% of reported COVID-19 cases have died.”

Calling the 3.4% figure a “mortality rate” is correct, but it’s important to understand the context.  It may well be that 9 in 10 infections go unreported. In the earliest days, only severe cases which resulted in hospitalizations were confirmed as Covid. We only have the data we have. We can’t take blood samples from every person on earth and analyze them all.  

We could go on and on about this, but it’s odd that the people who have been claiming there is no pandemic, that Covid is a hoax, that the vaccine doesn’t actually do anything, etc, are suddenly upset now that Biden stated that the pandemic is over.  

What does the term “pandemic” mean? It is a relative term applied to an epidemic which has spread globally and threatens large populations. So the President stated his belief that Covid-19 is no longer a pandemic, which does not mean that the disease has been eradicated. 

12 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Or maybe they are being dropped because of the vocal "fringe minority"?

Hopefully, so many of us speaking out against such over-reach is having an effect.

Not you, of course.

You're very obedient, and welcome and applaud governmental over-reach.

I don't think the Feds are listening to Convoyers. They're probably listening to travellers who hate these useless restrictions clogging up airports.  

The general public is most certainly fatigued with COVID. I would oppose any further restrictions. But I'm not going to camp-out in Ottawa and hold people Hostage. I just won't be likely to comply. 

Doug Ford won an election in the Spring, he was likely helped by his even-handed approach to Pandemic. He implemented restrictions when he had to, but lifted them when they weren't really required anymore. His opponent wanted to force School children to get the vaccine. 

Edited by Boges

1 hour ago, robosmith said:

It is you who has surrendered due to having NO EVIDENCE with which to prove your OPINIONS.

I don't play sealion with ideologues. Sorry. You go find your own cites if you wish to disprove me rather than me finding what you've already rejected sight unseen.

7 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

I don't play sealion with ideologues. Sorry. You go find your own cites if you wish to disprove me rather than me finding what you've already rejected sight unseen.

Find SOME evidence to prove your opinion and I'll find evidence to prove you wrong.

Until then, my opinion that you're wrong is all that's necessary.