'Merica officially becomes Venezuela: Maralogo raided by Biden's goon squad

3 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

I accept your surrender.

I don’t know the names and titles of American governmental authorities who can allow ex-presidents to store government documents in their homes.  

If that’s your “gotcha moment”, bask in the glory   

You are a real details-guy…. 

Edited by TreeBeard

50 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Of course it’s relevant. The point is that the lawyer signed the statement on behalf of the client she represents. Her crime is his crime.  In fact, all she has to do is say, “I asked my boss if he still had any of these documents, and he said No,” and she’s off the hook.  But nothing gets Trump off the hook; his legal representative signed that document on his behalf. So it’s legally the same as if Trump himself signed. 

no it's not

Trump can say he told her he had no classified documents

and she mistook that to mean he had no documents that were marked classified

and he gets off the hook

her crimes are her crimes

and Trump can easily throw her under the bus to save himself

48 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Why?

If those documents were declassified, then they are, in fact, publicly-available documents, correct?

There is no in-between status, is there? If there is, tell us what it is and whether Trump was authorized to have THOSE secrets.  

he was the POTUS

of course he's authorized to have those secrets through executive privilege

7 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Can you tell us exactly what Executive Privilege is? 

the executive has the authority to declassify

and the POTUS runs the executive

other executive agencies aren't in charge of the POTUS

the POTUS is in charge of them

the national archives don't get to tell the POTUS what he can and can't declassify

Edited by Yzermandius19

7 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

the executive has the authority to declassify

and the POTUS runs the executive

other executive agencies aren't in charge of the POTUS

the POTUS is in charge of them

the national archives don't get to tell the POTUS what he can and can't declassify

Translation: You have no idea what Executive Privilege is. I assumed as much. In your mind, Trump’s legal defense rests upon a legal concept you do not understand at all. 

Executive Privilege pertains to communications between the Executive Branch and the other two branches of government, particularly pertaining to national security. It does not apply at all to a former President, and President Biden made a proclamation to that effect regarding Trump. 

It can only be asserted by President Biden, but he can assert it on behalf of other individuals. However, the case before us pertains to communications within the Executive Branch, and so Executive Privilege would not apply even if Trump were still President. 

Edited by Rebound
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

projection is a helluva drug

you're the one who doesn't understand

Duh duh duh der duh. I provided a definition. You did not. You are unarmed in this battle of wits.  I could explain Executive Privilege in great detail, but only to someone capable of or willing to understand it. I think neither applies in your case.  

4 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Duh duh duh der duh. I provided a definition. You did not. You are unarmed in this battle of wits.  I could explain Executive Privilege in great detail, but only to someone capable of or willing to understand it. I think neither applies in your case.  

endless projection

that is the only tool you're armed with

accusing others of your own faults

Edited by Yzermandius19

Executive Privilege for ex-presidents is not been definitively ruled on by any US court...as far as I know.

Thus...

1. As Trump was having his records and stuff packed up in his office, he could have simply said something like, "I've declassified all of this filing cabinet, please pack it up." and that would actually have sufficed.

2. Because the matter of Executive Privilege has not been ruled on for ex-presidents, There really exists nothing to charge Trump with.

Yet...the Libbies are creaming their jeans and salivating over the prospect that FINALLY they'll "get 'im", that they are all...each and every one...praying for charges to be laid.

Unfortunately...in their zeal to "get 'im", they forgot that General Search Warrants are, in fact, ILLEGAL.

None of this is gonna end any differently than did the 2 ridiculous impeachments. The Libbies will yell and howl at the moon for blood...and they'll come away with their dicks and tits in their hands. The whole affair will, of course, make them look f'ing stupid and vindictive again. So, the MSM will make some lame-ass excuse...again...and drop the story there. We've all seen this before...and we're-a-seeing it again.

Libbies: Even you all know this is going nowhere. You may choose to push this to the hilt...as you've done so many times now with really crappy results...or you can choose to drop it. Your decision but...we all do already know what the outcome will be. Understand though that, while for several years now I've heard Conservatives tell me that revenge is beneath them and that someone has to act like principled adults in the government, I think even the most centrist of Conservatives have by now had it with your utter contempt for everything and anything you figure is in your way. That includes the US Constitution. Thus I must surmise that, as the tides turn in Congress, a rather largish number of Republicans are gonna demand retribution and will drag each and every one of these warped, desperate Libbies...through the mud and into a Gawd Damn cage!

Just remember Libbies...YOU set the rules. The Republicans are, more than likely, gonna beat y'all over the heads with them.

Have a nice day...

Edited by Nationalist

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

Executive Privilege for ex-presidents is not been definitively ruled on by any US court...as far as I know.

Thus...

1. As Trump was having his records and stuff packed up in his office, he could have simply said something like, "I've declassified all of this filing cabinet, please pack it up." and that would actually have sufficed.

2. Because the matter of Executive Privilege has not been ruled on for ex-presidents, There really exists nothing to charge Trump with.

Yet...the Libbies are creaming their jeans and salivating over the prospect that FINALLY they'll "get 'im", that they are all...each and every one...praying for charges to be laid.

Unfortunately...in their zeal to "get 'im", they forgot that General Search Warrants are, in fact, ILLEGAL.

None of this is gonna end any differently than did the 2 ridiculous impeachments. The Libbies will yell and howl at the moon for blood...and they'll come away with their dicks and tits in their hands. The whole affair will, of course, make them look f'ing stupid and vindictive again. So, the MSM will make some lame-ass excuse...again...and drop the story there. We've all seen this before...and we're-a-seeing it again.

Libbies: Even you all know this is going nowhere. You may choose to push this to the hilt...as you've done so many times now with really crappy results...or you can choose to drop it. Your decision but...we all do already know what the outcome will be. Understand though that, while for several years now I've heard Conservatives tell me that revenge is beneath them and that someone has to act like principled adults in the government, I think even the most centrist of Conservatives have by now had it with your utter contempt for everything and anything you figure is in your way. That includes the US Constitution. Thus I must surmise that, as the tides turn in Congress, a rather largish number of Republicans are gonna demand retribution and will drag each and every one of these warped, desperate Libbies...through the mud and into a Gawd Damn cage!

Just remember Libbies...YOU set the rules. The Republicans are, more than likely, gonna beat y'all over the heads with them.

Have a nice day...

A) You can’t point us to a Federal Law which says a President can declassify any information without notifying anyone.  Too bad you can’t figure out how stupid that is. For instance, it means the rest of the government assumes an undercover operative is safe, when his identity has actually been exposed. 
B ) Executive Privilege hasn’t been ruled on for ex-Presidents because it does not exist.  

MAGA thinks Donald Trump can break any law he wants.  But the truth is, he can’t. His crony Bannon’s going to prison.  A former President is just another US citizen. He has zero exemptions from any laws, although he probably gets though customs faster. 

Edited by Rebound
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Rebound said:

A) You can’t point us to a Federal Law which says a President can declassify any information without notifying anyone.  Too bad you can’t figure out how stupid that is. For instance, it means the rest of the government assumes an undercover operative is safe, when his identity has actually been exposed. 
B ) Executive Privilege hasn’t been ruled on for ex-Presidents because it does not exist.  

MAGA thinks Donald Trump can break any law he wants.  But the truth is, he can’t. His crony Bannon’s going to prison.  

A. https://www.verifythis.com/article/news/verify/government-verify/how-us-presidents-can-declassify-documents-trump-mar-a-lago-search-fact-check/536-e1961390-e7c6-438a-b9b5-671dc9c6f7ec

B. Nonsense.

Did you cream your jeans at the thought of Bannon possibly going to prison? Will you cream them when the Republicans begin jailing Democrats?

20 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

A. https://www.verifythis.com/article/news/verify/government-verify/how-us-presidents-can-declassify-documents-trump-mar-a-lago-search-fact-check/536-e1961390-e7c6-438a-b9b5-671dc9c6f7ec

B. Nonsense.

Did you cream your jeans at the thought of Bannon possibly going to prison? Will you cream them when the Republicans begin jailing Democrats?

Exactly. If you read that article:

“Though there aren’t specific protocols that the president must follow to declassify a document, federal courts have ruled that they will “refuse to recognize what they consider to be an inference of declassification,” McClanahan said. 

The U.S. Second Circuit Court of Appeals wrote in a 2020 decision about whether statements made by then-President Trump declassified the existence of a CIA program that “declassification, even by the president, must follow established procedures.”

…to the extent that he [Trump] had any nuclear information in there, declassification would not help him in the slightest, because he would still be disseminating restricted data or moving Restricted Data,” he added. 

There are other federal laws in place that bar a president from taking government records, whether they are classified or declassified. “

What do I really think, personally? It truly depends upon how significant the information was.  If Biden or the DoD determine that some or all of it is appropriate for declassification, then they should.  And it would be best if we have some inkling of what the information is, in broad terms. Remember, too, that the Director of the FBI was selected and appointed by Donald Trump.  

As for Bannon going to prison? Yes, he’s a damn crook, and he belongs in jail. As for Democrats going to prison?  Sure, if they break laws.  Definitely!  Any American can stand up and say, “I’m a Democrat!!” Just like that. And I don’t think that you should be immune from laws because you call yourself a Democrat or because you get elected.  Congressmen, Judges and Presidents should be held to HIGHER standards, not lower standards.  

Edited by Rebound
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Exactly. If you read that article:

“Though there aren’t specific protocols that the president must follow to declassify a document, federal courts have ruled that they will “refuse to recognize what they consider to be an inference of declassification,” McClanahan said. 

The U.S. Second Circuit Court of Appeals wrote in a 2020 decision about whether statements made by then-President Trump declassified the existence of a CIA program that [b]“declassification, even by the president, must follow established procedures.”[/b]

…to the extent that he [Trump] had any nuclear information in there, declassification would not help him in the slightest, because he would still be disseminating restricted data or moving Restricted Data,” he added. 

There are other federal laws in place that bar a president from taking government records, whether they are classified or declassified. “

and I quote...

His authority to classify and control access to information bearing on national security and to determine whether an individual is sufficiently trustworthy to occupy a position in the Executive Branch that will give that person access to such information flows primarily from this constitutional investment of power in the President, and exists quite apart from any explicit congressional grant,” the Supreme Court decision reads.

Though there aren’t specific protocols that the president must follow to declassify a document, federal courts have ruled that they will “refuse to recognize what they consider to be an inference of declassification,” McClanahan said. 

Now go throw your soiled jeans in the wash and stop this masterbationary horse crap.

Edited by Nationalist