Canada Must Stop Funding Ukraine War

7 hours ago, Army Guy said:

It won't be long and Canadians will tire of this war, and withdraw it's support to Ukraine.

Canada is not actually providing much support at all

I don't think it will be noticed if Canada stops providing practically nothing substantial to the cause

the country Ukraine really needs to get onside is Israel

they've got the weapons Ukraine needs

5 hours ago, myata said:

- not: exactly Russia's BS word to word. These were not referendums. There's no acceptable reasons for aggressions, invasions and genocides.

Of course there are acceptable reasons for invasion. We do it all the time. We literally just got out of Afghanistan and we were in Iraq before that. 

You couldn't get any further away from Canada than Iraq or Afghanistan. Russia has far more reason to invade Ukraine than we did to invade Afghanistan or Iraq. 

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

Canada is not actually providing much support at all

I don't think it will be noticed if Canada stops providing practically nothing substantial to the cause

Canada's international reputation, which is diminishing daily, is our main contribution. 

We've provided more peacekeepers than any country aside from India, we're like the tip of the peacekeeping spear. 

Where goes Canada, so does credibility. 

the country Ukraine really needs to get onside is Israel

they've got the weapons Ukraine needs

Israel has more than enough enemies, the last thing that they need to do is add Russia to the list, and possibly China at the same time. 

If China squashes Israel they might get free gas & oil for 50 years, plus a chunk of the mineral wealth of Afghanistan, no joke.

Israel will STFU and stare at their own navels if they know what's good for them. 

5 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Israel has more than enough enemies, the last thing that they need to do is add Russia to the list, and possibly China at the same time. 

If China squashes Israel they might get free gas & oil for 50 years, plus a chunk of the mineral wealth of Afghanistan, no joke.

Israel will STFU and stare at their own navels if they know what's good for them. 

you vastly overrate the Russians & Chinese

both are actually collapsing, becoming more desperate every day

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

We’ll the BRIC countries are creating a commodity-based new trading currency.  In the end, our interests are shared.  We need a peaceful, political solution in Ukraine backstopped by threat of force. Throwing billions at Ukraine’s military gets us where?   Canada is the second largest contributor to Ukraine.  It’s a big deal with financial consequences in a time of rampant inflation on the cusp of a recession.  

6 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

ha ha ha

oh the irony

good times

heh

Identity politics tribalism makes strange bedfellows

my position hasn't changed since about 1980

that Zeitgeist tho, he's all over the place

one minute I'm  Putin jr for speaking the truth about Canada being a leftist lunatic asylum

the next, Zeitgeist is working the phones from the troll farm for the Siloviki in  the Kremlin

irony indeed

Canadians don't stand for anything but knee jerk anti-Americanism

fear & loathing in the Post National State

Edited by Dougie93

32 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

heh

Identity politics tribalism makes strange bedfellows

my position hasn't changed since about 1980

that Zeitgeist tho, he's all over the place

one minute I'm  Putin jr for speaking the truth about Canada being a leftist lunatic asylum

the next, Zeitgeist is working the phones from the troll farm for the Siloviki in  the Kremlin

irony indeed

Canadians don't stand for anything but knee jerk anti-Americanism

fear & loathing in the Post National State

America is the shit

America Derangement is for suckers

lets go Avs

get that Cup tonight

Edited by Yzermandius19

53 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

remember when Zeitgeist called me the "Russian Troll" ?

ha ha ha ha !

I’ve always felt a connection to the Russian people.  I think the Russia-Weat relationship needs a reset for the better, but it means assurances of Ukrainian sovereignty and respect for Russia’s defence and traditional sphere of influence.  America would expect nothing less for itself.  

28 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I’ve always felt a connection to the Russian people.

as do I

but this is not the Russian people directing this aggressive war in contravention of Nuremberg

this is a tiny cabal of Siioviki in the Kremlin

Putin, Patrushev, Naryshkin, Bortnikov, Rogozin, Shoigu, Gerasimov, Ivanov, Lavrov, Sechin, etc

this is not the Russian people

this is the KGB

the same KGB we fought in the Cold War, to free the Russian people from Bolshevist tyranny

there are Russians here with me, my neighbours are Russians raised in the Soviet Union

a former Soviet Army officer and his father,  a former Soviet diplomat

they are with Ukraine against the KGB in the Kremlin

many Russian people say : Slava Ukraini, Geroyim Slava

especially the Russians in Kharkiv

the Kievan Rus are the original Russians

the true Cossack nation

Edited by Dougie93

7 hours ago, myata said:

- not: exactly Russia's BS word to word. These were not referendums. There's no acceptable reasons for aggressions, invasions and genocides.

Genocides???

Man...that must be some good Kool-aid.

There were referendums and Crimea's was honoured, Donbas was not.

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Leftists don't understand that concept.

They can't even see the similarity between this war and the Cuban Missile Crisis, and the CMC was almost the exact same scenario.

Russian missiles in Cuba were considered a threat to the US so the US proposed all-out war if they weren't removed. Note that the CMC was in 1962, just a year after the US invaded Cuba (Bay of Pigs). Still, the US took the position that Cuba had no right to be defended by Russia, and now Russia is saying that Ukraine can't join NATO. Same, same. 

True...true.

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

America would expect nothing less for itself.  

it's not a two way street

America is the New Jerusalem

the chosen people

the Russians are not

neither are Canadians

you are all just passengers

on our American odyssey

to free all the slaves everywhere, or die trying

3 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

I hope you're right.

It's possible that Russia is going downhill right now, but I don't see that at all with China.

12 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I hope you're right.

It's possible that Russia is going downhill right now, but I don't see that at all with China.

I'm not trying to convince you

if you can't see that China is getting ever more desperate as their contraction accelerates, it makes no difference to me

6 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I'm not trying to convince you

if you can't see that China is getting ever more desperate as their contraction accelerates, it makes no difference to me

What can we see from here, Dougie? What CTV tells us? What Fox tells us? Do they even really know? If they do know, are they gonna tell us? Do you trust them, Dougie?

I trust Xinhua more than I trust CTV, and I wish I was exaggerating. 

China is actually walking pretty tall these days. Not many countries just openly have a million slaves and tell the world to STHU and buy their rubber dogshit. Not many countries are fishing in the South China Sea because China is squatting on it. Hollywood doesn't answer to anyone the way they cater to China. Lebron is carrying China's water. A born-and-raised American just competed for China in the winter olympics.

Who ever abandoned the US before, when they had a chance to be America's premiere athlete in a sport?

The US is who's going down right now. Crime is brazen, election integrity is gone, the FBI is a political operation now, the population is completely divided along religious, moral and political lines. The whitehouse was attacked and the media ignored it. The media ignores protests outside of SCJs homes. Condones them even. A man travelled across the USA to kill a SCJ at his home, at a protest which is constitutionally illegal yet supported by the whitehouse, and somehow that's not a big deal to the MSM.  

The US is going downhill and the skids are greased, bigtime. China is growing by comparison. 2019 looks like it will go down in history as the peak of American civilization. 

21 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

What can we see from here, Dougie? What CTV tells us? What Fox tells us? Do they even really know? If they do know, are they gonna tell us? Do you trust them, Dougie?

I trust Xinhua more than I trust CTV, and I wish I was exaggerating. 

China is actually walking pretty tall these days. Not many countries just openly have a million slaves and tell the world to STHU and buy their rubber dogshit. Not many countries are fishing in the South China Sea because China is squatting on it. Hollywood doesn't answer to anyone the way they cater to China. Lebron is carrying China's water. A born-and-raised American just competed for China in the winter olympics.

Who ever abandoned the US before, when they had a chance to be America's premiere athlete in a sport?

The US is who's going down right now. Crime is brazen, election integrity is gone, the FBI is a political operation now, the population is completely divided along religious, moral and political lines. The whitehouse was attacked and the media ignored it. The media ignores protests outside of SCJs homes. Condones them even. A man travelled across the USA to kill a SCJ at his home, at a protest which is constitutionally illegal yet supported by the whitehouse, and somehow that's not a big deal to the MSM.  

The US is going downhill and the skids are greased, bigtime. China is growing by comparison. 2019 looks like it will go down in history as the peak of American civilization. 

China is going down

it's a Potemkin Village on steroids

China pretends it has no faults

and silences dissent 

that's an obvious sign of weakness

America doesn't silence dissent to anywhere near the same degree and openly discusses it's imperfections

that is actually a sign of strength

China is an unrecoverable demographic death spiral

and will lose 500 million in population by 2050

anyone who thinks China is on the rise, can't do basic math

and thinks central planning is how to run an economy instead of a glaring weakness

Edited by Yzermandius19

They said they are imposing sanctions on Russia.  Then they said their sanctions were working and the Russian ruble is now worthless.  Look at this:

https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/Russia/gasoline_prices/

Gas prices in Russia stable and even going down.  In the same period gas here and in the US nearly doubled in price !!

Check the USD/ Russian Ruble exchange rates.  The ruble took a hit for a short period in March after which it recovered and is doing better than before the war began!

So who ended up with real sanctions ?        Us, the Canadians !

Our lying bastardly government did it to us once again - selling us overpriced gas, so they can fund a war in Ukraine !

Edited by cougar

2 hours ago, cougar said:

They said they are imposing sanctions on Russia.  Then they said their sanctions were working and the Russian ruble is now worthless.  Look at this:

https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/Russia/gasoline_prices/

Gas prices in Russia stable and even going down.  In the same period gas here and in the US nearly doubled in price !!

Check the USD/ Russian Ruble exchange rates.  The ruble took a hit for a short period in March after which it recovered and is doing better than before the war began!

So who ended up with real sanctions ?        Us, the Canadians !

Our lying bastardly government did it to us once again - selling us overpriced gas, so they can fund a war in Ukraine !

the ruble is only high because of the high interest rates

the Russian economy is in tatters

even more so than before the war

don't let the exchange rate fool you

no one wants rubles

especially artificially inflated rubles

you have misread a sign of weakness as a sign of strength

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Confused 1