Trudeau wants to ban handguns and toys?

15 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

look at weed, do you think the government weed stores have stopped any illegal weed on the streets? Not really, it is not, gangs are still making money selling weed lots of money... 

Plus, there is no question that legalization encourages many to try the substance, which would not have done so otherwise. The same may happen if they legalize narcotics. 

I doubt these methods will prove beneficial in the long run. More like, rampant addiction 

Not sure why this is discussed in a gun thread though.

——

A gun is a tool, and much like other tools can be used to kill. The real question is, why is there an increasing compulsion in society to want to kill in most spectacular and shocking fashion. 

——

Toy guns is one thing but look-alike replicas, well, use at your own peril it seems.

On the other hand we heard about a man shot in Toronto the day after the Texas shooting, and reports were that he was brandishing a pellet gun. Witnesses reported seeing a body covered in a tarp, and a pellet gun on the ground nearby that was too small looking to be real. Media has gone silent on this police shooting.

I would expect officers to at least be trained to know the difference.

Edited by OftenWrong
off topic
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Plus, there is no question that legalization encourages many to try the substance, which would not have done so otherwise. The same may happen if they legalize narcotics. 

I doubt these methods will prove beneficial in the long run. More like, rampant addiction 

their body their choice

you're also wrong

prohibition leads to more addicts

not less

see alcohol prohibition for a prime example

Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

their body their choice

you're also wrong

prohibition leads to more addicts

not less

see alcohol prohibition for a prime example

Never said I condone prohibition either. I call em as I see em, based on my personal experience. Substance abuse is a problem no matter which way you deal with it.

As is growing violence. A society seeing these trends needs to ask itself some harder questions.

Not party on...

;) 

21 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Never said I condone prohibition either. I call em as I see em, based on my personal experience. Substance abuse is a problem no matter which way you deal with it.

As is growing violence. A society seeing these trends needs to ask itself some harder questions.

Not party on...

;) 

I suggest looking for solutions that don't involve more government in people's lives

which will just make those problems worse

most people's knee jerk reaction is for the government to get more involved in such problems

and when that doesn't solve the problem, it's only because they weren't involved enough

so double down on failure and keep exacerbating the issue

Edited by Yzermandius19

6 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

I suggest looking for solutions that don't involve more government in people's lives

which will just make those problems worse

and most people's knee jerk reaction is for the government to get more involved in such problems

Government should not be involved in solving our social ills.

I agree with less governance, not more. A healthy society runs with only minimal government intervention. In that regard Canada is ill.

Looking to the future it becomes increasingly clear things will continue to worsen, not improve.

We have no future...

9 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

the street gangs are not the source of the drugs

the drugs in Canada are ultimately supplied by the Chinese Triads & Latin American Cartels

They hit the street through the gangs. Take out the gangs and continue to take them out and the drugs will die off and become really expensive.

7 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

They hit the street through the gangs. Take out the gangs and continue to take them out and the drugs will die off and become really expensive.

that doesn't work

new gangs will replace the old

whack a mole

they can't even win the war on drugs in prisons

what makes you think they can win it on the streets?

wishful thinking is a helluva drug

Edited by Yzermandius19

10 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

that doesn't work

new gangs will replace the old

whack a mole

they can't even win the war on drugs in prisons

what makes you think they can win it on the streets?

wishful thinking is a helluva drug

What are you suggesting? Do nothing?

"Oh we just can't do anything about the crime in our streets so, we'll just accept the crime and murder because...its too hard."

55 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

What are you suggesting? Do nothing?

"Oh we just can't do anything about the crime in our streets so, we'll just accept the crime and murder because...its too hard."

doing something is overrated

if that something is counterproductive or doesn't address the issue

the drug laws you want increase crime and empower gangs

decriminalization of drugs decreases crime and takes away the drug monopoly from organized crime

Edited by Yzermandius19

2 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Overrated? Interesting.

And...exactly how would you say actually enforcing the law would be counterproductive?

Also...why are you trying to protect armed street thugs?

6 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Overrated? Interesting.

And...exactly how would you say actually enforcing the law would be counterproductive?

Also...why are you trying to protect armed street thugs?

you are trying to protect them

you want them to keep their monopoly on drugs

increasing their profits

I want competition to cut into their profits

prohibition empowers gangs

the historical record is quite clear

your strategy always backfires

quite spectacularly

Al Capone knows

Edited by Yzermandius19

8 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

you are trying to protect them

you want them to keep their monopoly on drugs

increasing their profits

I want competition to cut into their profits

prohibition empowers gangs

the historical record is quite clear

your strategy always backfires

quite spectacularly

Al Capone knows

Al Capone...died in jail. Or...had you just overlooked that inconvenient little truth...

What are you afraid of? We're not talking about prohibition. We're talking about guns in the hands of street thugs. I understand that now Pixie-Dust wants to legalize meth and fentynol. Now there's a grand idea.

You Tweekies are incredible. All you do is roll over and hide...unless you can abuse the laws to perpetuate your insane ideas. Please do Canada a favour and go knit a fucking sweater, and leave the law in the hands of people with respect, honour and a spine.

4 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Al Capone...died in jail. Or...had you just overlooked that inconvenient little truth...

What are you afraid of? We're not talking about prohibition. We're talking about guns in the hands of street thugs. I understand that now Pixie-Dust wants to legalize meth and fentynol. Now there's a grand idea.

You Tweekies are incredible. All you do is roll over and hide...unless you can abuse the laws to perpetuate your insane ideas. Please do Canada a favour and go knit a fucking sweater, and leave the law in the hands of people with respect, honour and a spine.

you are making the problem worse

as is Trudeau

Trudeau with his gun restrictions

you with your drug restrictions

and Canada ends up with the worst of both worlds

if you want to reduce crime take the law enforcement resources and manpower used to police drugs and guns

and put them into policing actual crime that matters

derp

Edited by Yzermandius19

9 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

you are making the problem worse

as is Trudeau

Trudeau with his gun restrictions

you with your drug restrictions

and Canada ends up with the worst of both worlds

if you want to reduce crime take the law enforcement resources and manpower used to police drugs and guns

and put them into policing actual crime that matters

derp

So...in your opinion...illegal guns and fentynol are NOT a problem?

Interesting. So what IS a problem then? Truckers? Anti-vaxxers? Perhaps parking violations?

14 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

So...in your opinion...illegal guns and fentynol are NOT a problem?

Interesting. So what IS a problem then? Truckers? Anti-vaxxers? Perhaps parking violations?

drugs and guns aren't a problem

addiction and violent crime are a problem

you want to take resources and manpower that could be used to address the latter

to police the possession and distribution of inanimate objects and substances

that's hella stupid

Edited by Yzermandius19

On 5/31/2022 at 6:56 AM, Nationalist said:

https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/canadas-trudeau-announces-legislation-prevent-buying-selling-handguns-2022-05-30/

Pixie-Dust has officially flown the coup. Now he wants to ban handguns and TOYS that look like handguns.

I wonder if he thinks this will actually reduce their use by the criminals who use them? Is he really this stupid? 

Even the CBC agrees this proposal wouldn't help as most handgun violence is done by people with illegal guns. https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/fact-check-gun-violence-1.6166328

Just one more swing and a miss by the little girl in our PM's office.

Yes hes that stupid just like joe biden except he seems to get away with it more.

Im a American 64 years old and a active targe and general shooter . And I was a hunter at one time. How do you guys feel about him doing his ?

3 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

the drug laws you want increase crime and empower gangs

decriminalization of drugs decreases crime and takes away the drug monopoly from organized crime

Not really, look at a weed, it may have cut in with organized crime's bottom end, but they are still making twice the amount that the government makes. Perhaps if they undercut the price the gangs were charging they might have captured more clients.

But it is more convenient to buy off the street than to find a government store in your area, which have major problems with keeping up supply, and quality. 

The government is just another gang in different colors, who wanted more revenue, but really sucks at the business level.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

drugs and guns aren't a problem

addiction and violent crime are a problem

you want to take resources and manpower that could be used to address the latter

to police the possession and distribution of inanimate objects and substances

that's hella stupid

Addiction and violent crim are a result of drugs and illegal guns dopey.

4 hours ago, Robert Salyers said:

Yes hes that stupid just like joe biden except he seems to get away with it more.

Im a American 64 years old and a active targe and general shooter . And I was a hunter at one time. How do you guys feel about him doing his ?

Feel? I feel embarrassed. The man is a moron. A virtue-signalling little twerp. Hence my nickname...Pixie-Dust.

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

Not really, look at a weed, it may have cut in with organized crime's bottom end, but they are still making twice the amount that the government makes. Perhaps if they undercut the price the gangs were charging they might have captured more clients.

But it is more convenient to buy off the street than to find a government store in your area, which have major problems with keeping up supply, and quality. 

The government is just another gang in different colors, who wanted more revenue, but really sucks at the business level.

Meh...I've been growing my own ever since we've been allowed.

18 hours ago, Nationalist said:

unrealistic

the government doesn't have the manpower nor resources

there aren't enough cops

there aren't enough prosecutors

there aren't enough courts

there aren't enough jail cells

the justice system is completely log jammed as it is

the problem at the strategic level is Canadians themselves

Canadians are enthralled by government

Canadians view the government as being like the Wizard of Oz

as if the government simply has to pull some magic levers to make things happen

this results in the governments in Canada trying to be all things to all people

but the net result is that the government doesn't do anything well

the resources are spread so thin, that every government agency is starved of resources

20 hours ago, Nationalist said:

the drugs will die off and become really expensive.

you don't seem to have thought this part through logically

the people buying the drugs are junkies

they are addicted to the drugs

so if you make the drugs more expensive

the junkies will simply have to commit more crimes to get the money to feed their addiction

making the drugs more expensive also makes them that much more valuable to the gangsters

so the gangsters will escalate the levels of violence in order to control their territory

your simplistic "War on Drugs" solution is simply going to increase the levels of violent crime as a result

7 hours ago, Army Guy said:

they've still lost market share

it's better than when it was illegal

that's why the government should be less restrictive of private business

if they allow more competition

that will cut into organized crimes share even more, not less

Edited by Yzermandius19