Is Putin losing his mind?

4 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

It's too bad it's so easy to go back and review these posts:

whoopsgoddess.thumb.png.db1624b427dd93288325766c4883c06f.png

with you telling me I'm "wrong" about the importance of infectiousness...

Oops!

Your reading comprehension is bad.

YOU said IFR is only one piece.

I said, Wrong,  it's the most important piece.

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

We agree with almost every point you made, except I am not convinced the US election was stolen.  There may have been a lot of questionable practices and some irregularities but the legal system did not prove the election was a fraud.  In the end we have to go by what the legal system decides. That is only a claim made by Trump and many of his supporters.  So we actually agree on almost every point.  I don't know anything about Neil Cavuto, Mitt Romney, or Jonah Goldberg.  I don't spend a lot of time worrying about American politicians.  Too many other things to do and read.

Yeah closer than I thought.  OK.  I basically gave up on Canadian politics for the entire time black face was in office.  I just lost all will to care.  So I'm left with US politics - because how the US goes we will go too.  In short if the USA DOES become more of a banana republic the entire world will become one as well.

6 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Your reading comprehension is bad.

YOU said IFR is only one piece.

I said, Wrong,  it's the most important piece.

I said it's only one piece...as in there are other factors that are equally as important, like infectiousness, which explains why COVID was so much more dangerous than the flu (and other viruses). 

In your brilliant medical mind, that was "wrong", and then I proceeded to explain why infectiousness is so important and it's the reason why COVID was so much more dangerous than ebola despite being far less deadly (at least 25x lower IFR), you proceeded to call that baffling gobbledygook.  

I'd chalk that up to reading comprehension on your part, but you so constantly faceplant on any fact-based discussion that it's hard to give you the benefit of the doubt.  

On 2/28/2022 at 3:34 PM, Michael Hardner said:

1. Sure but...
2. If he's so cold and calculating how did he make such an error ?

Now I get that we're still in the fog of war, but it doesn't appear that he's succeeding anywhere close to what he had hoped.  

Why would you assume Putin's made an error?

45 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Yes but you're not with Putin and you've been okay with COVID measures...giving me the odd like and thanks recently is probably what really clinches it though.

You're not just a lefty buddy, you're a full blown commie and probably a closet Nazi too.

haha.  You're not making much sense there.  Can't figure out what you're trying to say.  Let's stay asway from Covid on this thread.  Stick to the subject and the meat of comments.

Edited by blackbird

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

Why would you assume Putin's made an error?

because whatever he gains invading Ukraine will be lost in the decimation of the Russian economy and the lives and equipment the Russian forces lose fighting the Ukrainian army and then the armed insurgency they'll face for years to come.  

This is the end of Putin.  It just might take awhile for it to be realized.  He misjudged the resolve and unity of NATO, the fighting spirit of the Ukrainians, and the motivation and training of Russian conscripts.  

1 hour ago, West said:

Is the US funding biological weapons in the Ukraine? 

No.  The first and most obvious question would be:

Why the hell would they fund biological weapon development in UKRAINE of all places?!? Ukraine is full of Russians and russian-speaking people, and right next to the Russian border.  Of all the places they could do this, this would literally be one of the least safe places in the world to do it for the US outside of Russia itself.  

1 hour ago, West said:

Lots of finger pointing going back and forth. My money is yes the west is funding sketchy research in the Ukraine  

Your money is on the dumbest and most convoluted explanations, along with whatever Vladimir Putin is feeding you on Telegram and 4dchan.  

21 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

No.  The first and most obvious question would be:

Why the hell would they fund biological weapon development in UKRAINE of all places?!? Ukraine is full of Russians and russian-speaking people, and right next to the Russian border.  Of all the places they could do this, this would literally be one of the least safe places in the world to do it for the US outside of Russia itself.  

Your money is on the dumbest and most convoluted explanations, along with whatever Vladimir Putin is feeding you on Telegram and 4dchan.  

1. Why would they fund a biolab in China? 

2. Coming from the guy who believes that Iraq had WMD.

2 minutes ago, West said:

1. Why would they fund a biolab in China? 

Biolab =/ Biological weapon development ?

2 minutes ago, West said:

2. Coming from the guy who believes that Iraq had WMD.

but I don't, and didn't.  I'm not sure where you get that from, but you're the guy that believes in...space vampires...or...whatever...we're just making stuff up here right?  

7 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Biolab =/ Biological weapon development ?

but I don't, and didn't.  I'm not sure where you get that from, but you're the guy that believes in...space vampires...or...whatever...we're just making stuff up here right?  

The propaganda now reminds me alot of the propaganda before the Iraq invasion. Turned out fake but they just move on to the next one. 

It's quite strange that people continue to fall for this crap ?

By the way you are wrong about what a biolab is.. probably more Rona "experiments". Won't call it gain of function because you'll trip all over yourself trying to tell us why the Wuhan Lab wasn't "gain of function". 

"Biolab support biological research on small plants, small invertebrates, microorganisms, animal cells, and tissue cultures. "

https://www.encyclo.co.uk/meaning-of-Biolab

Edited by West

35 minutes ago, West said:

By the way you are wrong about what a biolab is.. probably more Rona "experiments". Won't call it gain of function because you'll trip all over yourself trying to tell us why the Wuhan Lab wasn't "gain of function". 

"Biolab support biological research on small plants, small invertebrates, microorganisms, animal cells, and tissue cultures. "

https://www.encyclo.co.uk/meaning-of-Biolab

Your link brings us two options

1)  A link to crosswordclues.com

2) A wikipedia link for the bio-research module for the International Space Station. 

You couldn't have faceplanted harder on this bud.  

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

Your link brings us two options

1)  A link to crosswordclues.com

2) A wikipedia link for the bio-research module for the International Space Station. 

You couldn't have faceplanted harder on this bud.  

English obviously isn't your first language. ?

12 hours ago, Faramir said:

He made a move based on a weak POTUS.  What he didn't expect was the level of resistance from Ukraine.  

Really? We're just coming out of a pandemic. A global emergency. And just when you thought it was safe...Russia vs. Ukraine with NATO looking on. Russia should have had a cake walk with Ukraine. 

Remind me again...what's the price of oil again? 

12 hours ago, Moonbox said:

because whatever he gains invading Ukraine will be lost in the decimation of the Russian economy and the lives and equipment the Russian forces lose fighting the Ukrainian army and then the armed insurgency they'll face for years to come.  

This is the end of Putin.  It just might take awhile for it to be realized.  He misjudged the resolve and unity of NATO, the fighting spirit of the Ukrainians, and the motivation and training of Russian conscripts.  

Possibly...

louis farrakhan has a point.  I mean why should we care about white people?

or maybe after all this shows most citizens are actually decent people in the end.  They may just be jumping on a bandwagon I don't know.  But the reflexive response seems to be in support of the Ukraine.  I just wish people cared as much when the tanks rolled into Hungary, East Germany and Poland.

6 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Possibly...

Hard to see what the end game is here for Putin.  While there's no doubt Ukrainian casualty claims for Russian troops are overblown, it's almost certain their deaths number in the thousands and that's just after 2 weeks.  Soviet misadventures in Afghanistan brought the USSR down and that was 15,000 deaths in 8 years. Let's assume on the low-end that the Russians have experienced 3000 deaths in two weeks (as opposed to 11,000 claimed by Ukraine), and that the rate doesn't increase once they enter Kharkiv or Kyiv, they'll match Afghanistan in just over 2 months. Then, even if they do manage to occupy Kyiv, they have to subjugate an armed insurgency of 44 million Ukrainians who hate them and can be resupplied by neighboring NATO members.  

Good luck with that.  

On top of that they'll be dealing with the collapse of their economy, the exodus of foreign companies, their being ostracized from the West and unable to participate in or enjoy its institutions...let's see how long Putin can control the narrative .  

18 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Hard to see what the end game is here for Putin.  While there's no doubt Ukrainian casualty claims for Russian troops are overblown, it's almost certain their deaths number in the thousands and that's just after 2 weeks.  Soviet misadventures in Afghanistan brought the USSR down and that was 15,000 deaths in 8 years. Let's assume on the low-end that the Russians have experienced 3000 deaths in two weeks (as opposed to 11,000 claimed by Ukraine), and that the rate doesn't increase once they enter Kharkiv or Kyiv, they'll match Afghanistan in just over 2 months. Then, even if they do manage to occupy Kyiv, they have to subjugate an armed insurgency of 44 million Ukrainians who hate them and can be resupplied by neighboring NATO members.  

Good luck with that.  

On top of that they'll be dealing with the collapse of their economy, the exodus of foreign companies, their being ostracized from the West and unable to participate in or enjoy its institutions...let's see how long Putin can control the narrative .  

This is a war brought on by war mongering fools.

Why does NATO even exist anymore?

Why does Putin fear NATO?

Answer these 2 question HONESTLY and it'll become clear that this is a war of convenience.

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

This is a war brought on by war mongering fools.

Correction:  It's a war brought on by ONE war-mongering fool.  

Why does NATO even exist anymore?

It's a defensive alliance.  That's why Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania etc all joined.  Without NATO, old Vlad just rolls over them.  

Why does Putin fear NATO?

He doesn't fear being attacked by NATO.  He fears that NATO frustrates his megalomania - his dreams of a restored Russian Empire.  His early popularity was based on plans to modernize the Russian economy, which has stagnated.  Russian birth rates are among the worst in the world.  Half the population earns less than $800/m.  Putin's adventuring in Ukraine is a distraction from his own woeful performance and his regime's corruption.  

Edited by Moonbox
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

It's a defensive alliance.  That's why Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania etc all joined.  Without NATO, old Vlad just rolls over them.  

He doesn't fear being attacked by NATO.  He fears that NATO frustrates his megalomania - his dreams of a restored Russian Empire.  His early popularity was based his plans to modernize the Russian economy, which has stagnated.  Russian birth rates are among the worst in the world.  Half the population earns less than $800/m.  Putin's adventuring in Ukraine is a distraction from his own woeful performance and his regime's corruption.  

Are you so sure? Why does this always happen when Democrats are in office?

A defensive alliance? Didn't NATO agree to not expand? Sure they did. And what did they do immediately? Well...they expanded.

War mongering fools on both sides. I don't know what life is like in Russia and frankly, I don't care. Same goes for Ukraine. Nor do I really care if Germany or Spain buy oil and gas from Russia. If the American, British and Dutch corporations are dull enough to let that happen, so be it.

Tell me...if Russia is so bad, why would Germany and other NATO signatories be buying oil and gas from them?

There's more than 1 fish in this pond.

Are you so sure? Why does this always happen when Democrats are in office?

Like the war in Iraq?

A defensive alliance? Didn't NATO agree to not expand? Sure they did. And what did they do immediately? Well...they expanded.

Expand where?  

Ukraine is not part of NATO.  Russia invaded NATO.  If Ukraine was part of NATO, we'd be at war with Russia.  This isn't complicated stuff and Putin's claims about what were and were not promised back in the 90's (with no written agreements to validate his claims) are irrelevant.  

War mongering fools on both sides. I don't know what life is like in Russia and frankly, I don't care.

Hey you're not wrong that the USA has conducted its share of military misadventures.  That you don't care what life is like in Russia indicates that you're not really interested in knowing much of anything about the situation.  You have your opinion and you're sticking to it.  Damn reality.  

Tell me...if Russia is so bad, why would Germany and other NATO signatories be buying oil and gas from them?

There's more than 1 fish in this pond.

Interesting that you should ask this.  The THINKING around this was that much like with China, embracing Russia into the world economy would modernize and evolve its political structures and its people.  Whoopsy, the brain trust was wrong on both counts.  Germany and other NATO members now realize the gravity of their mistakes and that Russia had been fooling them all along (and they'd been fooling themselves).  Now they're reversing course and will wean themselves off Russian oil and gas, but alas it cannot be done overnight.  

14 hours ago, Moonbox said:

He doesn't fear being attacked by NATO.  He fears that NATO frustrates his megalomania - his dreams of a restored Russian Empire.  His early popularity was based on plans to modernize the Russian economy, which has stagnated.  Russian birth rates are among the worst in the world.  Half the population earns less than $800/m.  Putin's adventuring in Ukraine is a distraction from his own woeful performance and his regime's corruption.  

Oh wow you don’t know history.  What a colonial attitude.  Russians have more in common with Ukrainians than anyone in any NATO countries.  This is a stupid and unnecessary invasion.  

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Like the war in Iraq?

Expand where?  

Ukraine is not part of NATO.  Russia invaded NATO.  If Ukraine was part of NATO, we'd be at war with Russia.  This isn't complicated stuff and Putin's claims about what were and were not promised back in the 90's (with no written agreements to validate his claims) are irrelevant.  

Hey you're not wrong that the USA has conducted its share of military misadventures.  That you don't care what life is like in Russia indicates that you're not really interested in knowing much of anything about the situation.  You have your opinion and you're sticking to it.  Damn reality.  

Interesting that you should ask this.  The THINKING around this was that much like with China, embracing Russia into the world economy would modernize and evolve its political structures and its people.  Whoopsy, the brain trust was wrong on both counts.  Germany and other NATO members now realize the gravity of their mistakes and that Russia had been fooling them all along (and they'd been fooling themselves).  Now they're reversing course and will wean themselves off Russian oil and gas, but alas it cannot be done overnight.  

No like Crimea and now all of Ukraine. Also like the Iraq exit and the Afghanistan surrender. Weakness personified.

Expand where? Are you playing stupid.

So you dispute that any agreement between the 2 sides ever happened? 

That I don't care mean I don't care. It's none of my business. And I'll thank you to stop twisting my words.

Globalist dreams gone wrong. Gee...what a surprise.