Canada's military, how impressive it really is.

Army Guy

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

It seems the globe and mail have also put out an article , that might shed some light on our military spending " hell must be freezing over" it seems the most of the media are now seeing clearly now that something must be done, the question remains what will Canadians do, and then what will our government do... my answer is i don't have any faith in either of them, and we will remain at the status quo... maybe next PM... keep your chin up and stick on the ice DND  

Canada may finally have the political will to strengthen our depleted defence capacity | John Ibbitson - Canadian Politics (headtopics.com)

Maybe we could give Ukraine our F-18's , and the US could give us some F-16 as well...

FFS...if I was a conspiratorial type I'd be saying well done to whoever engineered things so the world could go back to normal.  I guess it's safe to say climate change action is so far back of the bus it's gone. LOL!

Saw this coming though which is why I said years ago Canada should just build a handful of big ol' dirty thermonuclear cobalt bombs and tell the world to go fuck it-self.  Sure let's invest in homeland defence, Ukraine style. Turn our breweries into molotov bomb factories, rebuild our manufacturing base with a baked-in capacity for flipping it overnight into the production of wartime materials. Stockpile public armouries around the country so we can all become soldiers and a bunch of you real soldiers get to be our trainers and commanders.  Preparedness...surely no one's forgotten already about how the lack of preparedness when that flu thing that was going around last year or so caught us of guard.  

12 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Maybe we could give Ukraine our F-18's , and the US could give us some F-16 as well...

there are no F-16's on the market at this time

Poland is reportedly refusing to give their MiG-29's up to Ukraine

with Putin on the march, Poland says they need them to defend Poland

in terms of America providing F-16's to replace them, there are no F-16's available

F-16E/F Block 70 from Fort Worth are on back order, the waiting list for F-16 is several years right now

I almost choked on my morning frosted flakes when i heard Justin speaking from the NATO meeting in Europe suggesting it might be time to invest into our military... He has made a lot of promises in regards to our military , most in front of our NATO allied and has yet to keep one of them... Canada is nothing more than a talking head when it comes to NATO...So I'm taking this with a grain of salt, more like a 50 Lb bag... 

I'm also knocking on wood that maybe he means it, but i'm not getting my hopes up... I don't think Ukraine is going to change his mind, or those minds of Canadians citizens...this Ukraine mess  will die soon, and be forgotten before the next election, the beer store will still be opened, and NHL still on the TV...lets not forget the poggy checks in the mail

On 2/25/2022 at 8:51 PM, cougar said:

For as long as we don't meddle in others' affairs we are likely not to need our military.

Might want to talk to Europe on that one . remember WWI, WWII, or the countless other conflicts around the globe where the strong took from the weak because they could... Sticking your head in the sand has solved nothing ever... being prepared and looking like you could defend yourself is the best deterrence there is...

15 hours ago, eyeball said:

FFS...if I was a conspiratorial type I'd be saying well done to whoever engineered things so the world could go back to normal.  I guess it's safe to say climate change action is so far back of the bus it's gone. LOL!

Saw this coming though which is why I said years ago Canada should just build a handful of big ol' dirty thermonuclear cobalt bombs and tell the world to go fuck it-self.  Sure let's invest in homeland defence, Ukraine style. Turn our breweries into molotov bomb factories, rebuild our manufacturing base with a baked-in capacity for flipping it overnight into the production of wartime materials. Stockpile public armouries around the country so we can all become soldiers and a bunch of you real soldiers get to be our trainers and commanders.  Preparedness...surely no one's forgotten already about how the lack of preparedness when that flu thing that was going around last year or so caught us of guard.  

Don't count climate change out just yet big fella, it's one of the lefts main talking points and , well they ain't done talking yet...

Ask Israel how they are making out with just a few handfuls of nukes... they live every day with the threat of military violence...

Here in Canada there are no armories filled with wpns.. shit we barely have enough small arms for soldiers, let alone the civilian population, and Justin is disarming them becasue guns scare leftist's, makes them cry...

And your right we learn nothing from history, thousands of Canadians died during the start of both WWI and WWII becasue we were not even close to being prepared...cheaper to bury Canadians than to arm them... and we still do it today...if we were in Ukraine today the Canadian government would be handing out pillows and coloring books...and telling you, you are on your own...

And as far as training others, not this dude, your on your own, turn the lights off when you leave......., me I'm going to my camp in the back forty, with my family and staying drunk until it's over.... my advice would be make peace with your maker, ask him for forgiveness for all the evil your going to do...and pray that he destroys your enemies as they are nothing but heathen terrorist...and show no mercy as none will be given to you..

21 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Don't count climate change out just yet big fella, it's one of the lefts main talking points and , well they ain't done talking yet...

You're assuming federal Liberals are true progressives. Talk is about all we've ever seen from them. I've yet to count action in.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, eyeball said:

You're assuming federal Liberals are true progressives. Talk is about all we've ever seen from them. I've yet to count action in.

Climate change crowd has a huge lobby group made up of all the different parties, and your right todays Federal Liberals are far from being climate friendly. like everything they touch , they talk a good game, but thats all they do is talk...

Climate change still resonates among the people, it is not done yet.. 

Another article from the FP this one on how our country and military is looked upon by our allies, not very favorable, one would think it would be an embarrassment to the average Canadian.. To be openly call a free loader, by most in the world stage....kind of makes you proud doesn't it,  enough to wrap your self in the flag and wonder WTF are they talking about , What does it mean to be Canadian, is it our past exploits, not really we have felt the need to apologize to every group known to man, so not so much our past, is it our future, i don't know that either becasue we are not really contributing anything to the future...besides the country is so divided we can't or wont discuss anything across group boundaries...   

FIRST READING: Canada's perennial status as a NATO freeloader is getting awkward (msn.com)

And they just keep coming, the media is doing it's part to spread the message, the problem might be is anyone listening, or are they drowning it all out with things from their daily lives... Once again NATO partners are giving that nudge and wink wink , asking would you please step up and do your part....We are tired of caring your over weight ass... And during all this our PM is wondering around Europe beating on his chest shouting down with Russia, lets go NATO...like a moron....even while some of Europe's citizens are yelling Fuc* Trudeau...

Military neglect catches up with Canada | StCatharinesStandard.ca

CTV article pokes some more holes in Justin opportunity to become a good NATO partner... 

Trudeau seems to relish his international role after weeks of needling and aggravation by angry truckers in Ottawa. It’s the part of his job that he’s always enjoyed the most and it had been largely on pause during the pandemic.

There is an agreed yardstick for measuring the contribution of NATO members to our common defence. We are supposed to be spending 2% of our GDP. Canada is one of the worst laggards in the Alliance. In that press conference, it should’ve been easy for Trudeau to say we’ll finally meet our NATO obligations. Trudeau hemmed and hawed instead of providing a clear commitment. Despite the horrors of the Russian aggression on Europe’s doorstep, which Trudeau had travelled to denounce, he hesitated. That too is easy to decode.

Canada talks a good game at these critical times but our failure to step up to the plate with respect to our NATO obligations speaks volumes about our lack of action to back up our brave words.

Tom Mulcair: Energy emergency developing, spawned by the war in Ukraine | CTV News

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2022/03/04/as-russia-invades-ukraine-our-military-is-making-service-members-take-gender-pro-n2604118?utm_source=thdaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl&bcid=b7f429f0fa737329cdce2de9bfb85f4c2a9133514313132b4eac95576e603658&recip=26457125

US military also in bad shape. The Russians and Chinese must be laughing their balls off.  A LGBT+ army would have too hard of a time deciding what to wear let alone defending Taiwan.

Military readiness 'one of the things that keeps me awake at night,' says Canada's top soldier, He is begging for something , anything to be done... will Canadians make this their concern... probably not but he has to try....

Military readiness 'one of the things that keeps me awake at night,' says Canada's top soldier (msn.com)

• Like 1

Man the NP are just hammering Justin on the military issue...

It will all fall on deaf ears, but here's hoping just on Canadians hears it and actually does something 

John Ivison: My advice to Trudeau, spend on making Canadians feel safe and united (msn.com)

Man the NP are just hammering Justin on the military issue...

NDP at election time: "The top priority for our military is to be more trans-friendly, and we also need to lower the requirements for combat trades so that women can qualify."

NDP at wartime: "We shoulda got a bunch more of those flying shooty things and the boomy ones with tracks that crush cars. What were you thinking Mr PM?" 

• Like 1

NP View: Canada treats defense as a joke, but the party’s over.... Is the party real over, Justine has been in office for 8 years and counting, during all that time he has done very little for the military, or our defensive pacts, in fact he even attended a NATP meeting and signed a new pact that all NATO countries spend 2 % of GDP, the very next day he told the world he had no intentions of keeping his word.. So what has changed, Russia and Ukraine conflict I'm not sure this is enough to get Justin to take action...i mean he has been embarrassed by every NATO country and still no action...it is going to take more than a few Articles by the media...

NP View: Canada treats defence as a joke, but the party’s over (msn.com)

Here is an article by an independent media reporter, he he takes a look at the recent Germany government decision to start to re equip it's military forces... please take note of the similar circumstances that we face here in Canada, such as lack of Citizen/ Government  approval, starving the military until it becomes unable to meet all of its duties, like defend the country, and still meet it's NATO commitments...Canada is not able to meet any of those...  

As with Canada it's politicians are known to talk big and do little, so lots of doubt but it is a start.

Minister of Defense confirms more money for NORAD upgrades...but nothing new for our 2 % GDP for NATO....It is more than everyone expected...it is after all a liberal government, incase your wondering NORAD is not part of NATO... 

Here is a scathing report for an ex liberal MP, and retired General....he has plenty of nice things to say about the liberal leadership...i hope someone listens... Canadians all across the country must be proud of our nations actions...

Liberal MP Andrew Leslie said

he is “ashamed” at Ottawa’s response to the crisis in Ukraine.

He said the number one priority for the army going back 15 years has been surface-to-air missiles and yet successive governments have sat on the procurement.

The military has been asking for guided, hand-held anti-tank missiles for 20 years and new fighter jets for a similar length of time. “This government has dithered for the past seven years,” he said.

But Canada’s contribution to the fight has been modest — not just in the past 20 days but under both the Harper and Trudeau governments over a number of years.

Zelenskyy came to Canada in 2019, hoping to secure weapons but left disappointed.

In the past month, Canada has sent around 100 Carl Gustaf anti-tank weapons, which are considered old if effective. But it has little else to offer.

The truth is that, despite the prime minister’s high-flown rhetoric, we do not have Zelenskyy’s back and it is misleading to suggest we do.

Here is a scathing report for an ex liberal MP, and retired General....he has plenty of nice things to say about the liberal leadership...i hope someone listens... Canadians all across the country must be proud of our nations actions...

Liberal MP Andrew Leslie said

he is “ashamed” at Ottawa’s response to the crisis in Ukraine.

He said the number one priority for the army going back 15 years has been surface-to-air missiles and yet successive governments have sat on the procurement.

The military has been asking for guided, hand-held anti-tank missiles for 20 years and new fighter jets for a similar length of time. “This government has dithered for the past seven years,” he said.

But Canada’s contribution to the fight has been modest — not just in the past 20 days but under both the Harper and Trudeau governments over a number of years.

Zelenskyy came to Canada in 2019, hoping to secure weapons but left disappointed.

In the past month, Canada has sent around 100 Carl Gustaf anti-tank weapons, which are considered old if effective. But it has little else to offer.

The truth is that, despite the prime minister’s high-flown rhetoric, we do not have Zelenskyy’s back and it is misleading to suggest we do.

I am glad you are here to bemoan the shape of the Canadian military.  It is how Cretien balanced the budgets - on the back of cutting military spending. I was disappointed that once Harper had a majority he didn't continue with increased military budgets.  I would love Canada to have a lead in the world separate from US policy but how can we when we have to catch a ride with our southern neighbors. 

CBC puts a series of interviews of EX generals Canadian, and American, addressing recent announces by defense minster.  Retired Gen Hillier We need to fix the procurement system first, before give more money to defense.

MSN

Followed up by another ex CDS Retired Gen Lawson and his take on this news...

MSN

Retired Gen Clark US Army, on what is happening in Ukraine and how this war might escalate...And what putin has now promised....

MSN

Edited by Army Guy

NORAD and Canada's north and what is needed....and what is not there...and was suppose to be handled in Harpers era...but put off by liberals', it is our first line of defense we should actually be concerned 

Russian invasion of Ukraine shows need to protect Canada's North: Norad (msn.com)