Are we being gaslighted by the leftists?

West

20 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

The changes I've seen in our society since around 2015 are frightening.  The goons are winning.   Right-wing goons, leftwing goons.  Goons are goons.

The left-wing goons are on-campus academics and the sphere of their influence ends just past the Science building.  

The right wing goons sound more like actual people and not robots in tweed jackets, so they have the capability to brainwash people and motivate them to do retarded things...  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

The left-wing goons are on-campus academics and the sphere of their influence ends just past the Science building.

The most powerful man in our country is a left-wing goon.

Biden doesn't seem like much of a goon, to his credit.

The right wing goons sound more like actual people and not robots in tweed jackets, so they have the capability to brainwash people and motivate them to do retarded things...  

They all have this capability.  Politicians, academics, twitter people...

1 minute ago, Moonlight Graham said:

1. The most powerful man in our country is a left-wing goon.

2. Biden doesn't seem like much of a goon, to his credit.

3. They all have this capability.  Politicians, academics, twitter people...

1. Only if you believe him.  The paradox is that if you believe him then how can you call him a goon ?
2. Biden ?  What ?
3. Yeah - the "don't make fun of gay people" stuff has like 0% impact on our lives compared to economic, environment and unity problems.  If you want to keep anybody left-of-centre out of politics out because they might make you say 'them/they' then you're only seeing part of the picture.  Paradoxically, the alt-right people I engage with seem to really hate big corporations like Pfizer and Facebook.

2 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

I want to live in a society where people are more interested in learning about what you're doing and what you're thinking rather than telling you what you should and shouldn't do and how you should think.

Your personal revulsion is going to lead you to elect great-sounding friendy-seeming actual goons.

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Only if you believe him.  The paradox is that if you believe him then how can you call him a goon ?

3. Yeah - the "don't make fun of gay people" stuff has like 0% impact on our lives compared to economic, environment and unity problems.  If you want to keep anybody left-of-centre out of politics out because they might make you say 'them/they' then you're only seeing part of the picture. 

4. Paradoxically, the alt-right people I engage with seem to really hate big corporations like Pfizer and Facebook.

1. Not sure I understand this point.

3.  Not sure I understand most of this either.

4. The left hates big corporations too.  We should all mistrust them.  I don't trust pfizer, but I still put them inside my body (because I wanted that).

Just now, Moonlight Graham said:

1. Not sure I understand this point.

2.  Not sure I understand most of this either.

3. The left hates big corporations too.  We should all mistrust them. 

4. I still put them inside my body (because I wanted that).

1. He's a "goon" presumably because of the touchy-feely stuff that you and a lot of others can't stand.  But do you think he actually believes this stuff and buys into it beyond a failing "brand" of his ?  Keep in mind that he did blackface three times and played hooky during Reconciliation Day.
2. People's hate of the left is focused on progressiveness issues, which is indeed a differentiator but isn't important in the grand scheme of things.
3. The ACTUAL left does, not the Liberals and Democrats.
4. "them" LOL they/them...

31 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. He's a "goon" presumably because of the touchy-feely stuff that you and a lot of others can't stand.  But do you think he actually believes this stuff and buys into it beyond a failing "brand" of his ?  Keep in mind that he did blackface three times and played hooky during Reconciliation Day.
2. People's hate of the left is focused on progressiveness issues, which is indeed a differentiator but isn't important in the grand scheme of things.
3. The ACTUAL left does, not the Liberals and Democrats.
4. "them" LOL they/them...

3. The ACTUAL left does, not the Liberals and Democrats.”

That’s interesting.  So where do you actually find real support for the workers and lessez faire governance?  Where are the interests of the grassroots?

13 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

1. So where do you actually find real support for the workers and lessez faire governance?  

2. Where are the interests of the grassroots?

1. That's two questions.  Why do you think having the state get out of regulating things like worker safety help workers ?
2. Today there are no grassroots parties, unless you count loonies like the PPC and Maverick party.  A true grassroots party can't exist with the suspicion most people have of government, corporations et. al.  I don't see a reconciliation between the good things that these large organizations do, or need to do and what the average person wants.

You might think that taxing big corps and providing programs to working people, or reducing the work week might do it but that's not on the agenda.

22 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. That's two questions.  Why do you think having the state get out of regulating things like worker safety help workers ?
2. Today there are no grassroots parties, unless you count loonies like the PPC and Maverick party.  A true grassroots party can't exist with the suspicion most people have of government, corporations et. al.  I don't see a reconciliation between the good things that these large organizations do, or need to do and what the average person wants.

You might think that taxing big corps and providing programs to working people, or reducing the work week might do it but that's not on the agenda.

I wish that our biggest problems were about old left vs right tax and spend versus fiscal restraint.  I really do think we’re on the cusp of losing liberal democracy itself and succumbing to Chinese totalitarian capitalism.  No I’ll correct myself.  How do we get back to liberal democracy?  Here’s an excellent commentary on our situation:

20 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I wish that our biggest problems were about old left vs right tax and spend versus fiscal restraint.  I really do think we’re on the cusp of losing liberal democracy itself and succumbing to Chinese totalitarian capitalism.  No I’ll correct myself.  How do we get back to liberal democracy?  Here’s an excellent commentary on our situation:

It's pure shit as evidenced at about the 12 second point where whoever this fucking idiot is lists Trudeau as the 3rd most dangerous person in the world after Kim Jong Un and Vladimir Putin.

No need for anyone to thank me for the spoiler alert.

Edited by eyeball
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, eyeball said:

It's pure shit as evidenced at about the 12 second point where whoever this fucking idiot is lists Trudeau as the 3rd most dangerous person in the world after Kim Jong Un and Vladimir Putin.

Did you watch it until the end?  He’s right about what’s happening.  If you keep your head buried in the sand, you may find the world you thought existed isn’t there when you finally raise your head.   

11 hours ago, eyeball said:

It's especially funny considering how often Trudeau has been mocked for having no power or say in the world outside Canada.   

3 minutes ago, dialamah said:

It's especially funny considering how often Trudeau has been mocked for having no power or say in the world outside Canada.   

It's like someone said earlier around here, Trudeau is a weakling for the purpose of mocking him but when circumstances require fearing him he's one the most powerful bloodthirsty monsters on the planet. 

13 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

2. Biden ?  What ?
3. Yeah - the "don't make fun of gay people" stuff has like 0% impact on our lives compared to economic, environment and unity problems.  If you want to keep anybody left-of-centre out of politics out because they might make you say 'them/they' then you're only seeing part of the picture.  Paradoxically, the alt-right people I engage with seem to really hate big corporations like Pfizer and Facebook.

Unfortunately that’s not true.  The lefts insanity has permeated every facet of society and made everyone’s life in Canada worse.  Carbon taxes, endless unlimited immigration, are the two biggest.  But more recently many of the unscientific covid restrictions.  The elimination of biological sex, where now biological men can compete against biological women just because they say the identify as a woman now.  Then you have the defund the police movement, which has also led to very bad bail reform, or eliminated cash bail completely.  So violent offenders are literally let back on the street the same day.  You have progressives refusing to enforce shoplifting laws, which have led to huge increases of people brazenly walking into stores and taking whatever they want.  In schools, you have left wing goons teaching flat out racism, based on the colour of a child’s skin.

7 minutes ago, eyeball said:

It's like someone said earlier around here, Trudeau is a weakling for the purpose of mocking him but when circumstances require fearing him he's one the most powerful bloodthirsty monsters on the planet. 

Keep making excuses for authoritarianism.  It suits you.

14 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

That is the exact kind of thinking leading us to this situation. Left-wing ideology is no better than right-wing ideology when it is drunk with power. How many people die in the name of the "left" in the last century? You can say whatever you want that it is human nature, not ideology. In the end, Goon is Goon.