CTV & Global News are Pure Filth, CBC Needs to be Defunded

Just now, TreeBeard said:

So, he didn’t enact the War Measures Act, the government enacted the Emergencies Act. 
A fib, or just ignorance on your part?

He enacted the war measures act, just like I said.

Vax-nazis use the term "anti-vaxxers" against people who refused the jab, and that term actually means something quite different. 

I'll say war measures act when I'm referring to the war measures act v2.0. 

6 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

He enacted the war measures act, just like I said.

Vax-nazis use the term "anti-vaxxers" against people who refused the jab, and that term actually means something quite different. 

I'll say war measures act when I'm referring to the war measures act v2.0. 

Why should we care about the name of the act or what you prefer to call it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

?

You want to know why fake news and misinformation gets so much respect these days? Moderators who behave more like facilitators.

The Mods should have shut people down for questioning the WHO when they asserted that H2H transmission wasn't happening, right?

The Mods here should have shut down people here for posting about Hunter's laptop, right?

The Mods here should have shut down people here for posting about the lab leak theory, right?

The Mods here should have shut down people who they refused to admit that Trump's ban on flights from China was racist, right? Or that Trudeau was brilliant for blocking flights from India when delta broke out there? 

The Mods here should shut down people who say War Measures Act, but it's ok to call people anti-vaxxers, even though that term already refers to people who refuse to let their children get safe vaccinations which provide full protection from diseases which will actually kill them, right eyeball? Blah blah. 

FYI the mods aren't here to stop people from discussing credible theories just because Biden or Trudeau declare "they're verboten!" The mods are not Trudeau's word police. They're mainly here to maintain decorum and they're doing a fine job.

You'll be happy to know that I have lots of points against me, or shocked to know that I'm not perfect ?

2 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Yes, I do remember 3 posts ago.  

Why do you change the name of the act to a pre-80s name of a different act?

People here are familiar with the term War Measures Act. It has meaning. 

It's like if people stopped calling omicron "covid" and just called it 'the flu'. 

It's not the same as the original variant so we could rebrand it, right?

Should we track the deaths differently now that it's a different virus? That would be bad for Pfizer's stats, because far more vaxed people have died of omicron than unvaxed in Canada....

Just now, WestCanMan said:

People here are familiar with the term War Measures Act. It has meaning. 

It's like if people stopped calling omicron "covid" and just called it 'the flu'. 

It's not the same as the original variant so we could rebrand it, right?

Should we track the deaths differently now that it's a different virus? That would be bad for Pfizer's stats, because far more vaxed people have died of omicron than unvaxed in Canada....

“War Measures Act” hasn’t had meaning since 1988.  

6 minutes ago, Jack9000 said:

That's expected Fox news is nothing but Bs 90% of the time lol. it's funny because they accuse left leaning  channels like Msm and cnn to  be bad but fox news  is the worse of the bunch by far lol.

I don't know, it sounds like there's worse out there. Some that probably even make Fox look like CNN in comparison.

The right wing is not a place it's a direction and these days you have to hustle to keep up.  Look at poor Moonbox for example, even he's a commie now. 

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Some moronic  POS at Fox News called it martial law the other night.

Are you joking right now? 

The MSM has been calling the Freedom Convoy an insurrection and saying that it is basically just a bunch of white supremacists for two weeks now and you're suddenly crying about a single, smaller inaccuracy?

FYI in other countries saying the "Emergencies Act of Canada" has no meaning, and it's not unreasonable to describe it as martial law. The government is seizing funds, cancelling insurance bought from the private sector, and giving the police sweeping powers which aren't necessary. 

Our own CBC said this: https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/emergencies-act-explainer-1.6351504

Is there a role for the military?

The Emergencies Act itself is silent on the role of the military during this sort of emergency. There are other federal laws — including the National Defence Act — which allow Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) personnel to provide "service in aid of the civil power."

This means the military could in theory be called upon to help police maintain law and order — but would not replace civilian law enforcement.

This is poorly written enough to be ambiguous imo.

In the first paragraph they say that a separate act, the "N Def Act", allows the military to aid the police, and they say that the Emergencies Act is "silent on the role of the military" which indicates to me that the Emergencies Act itself does not allow the gov't to employ the military, but the second paragraph is worded like a standalone, implying that the first paragraph means that "the military could in theory be called upon to help police maintain law and order". 

Trudeau is quoted right afterwards as saying:

the government is "not using the Emergencies Act to call in the military," so a role for the CAF is off the table — for now.

...which implies that he could use the Emergencies Act to call in the military, but he isn't going to do that. (He used similar wording about vaccine passports being unlikely before he green-lighted them. His words were something like "There is no foreseeable future where vaccine passports will be used here...", A few weeks later, boom.)

I don't think that there's any act that employs Canada's military as a complete replacement of our police, IE - the classical definition of martial law, I think that a backup role is their highest calling here. If that's the case, and Canada's military can be employed just from invoking the Emergencies Act, then this is Canada's version of "martial law". 

If our state-owned media and PM both implied that our military can be employed using this act, why would foreign journalists just assume that CBC and Trudeau were wrong?

Edited by WestCanMan

18 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

The POS on Fox must have got his info from the CBC. WTF was he thinking? 

The same insane shit you think would be my guess.

Actually it's more the way that shit gets thought about that's the real problem.

It was Hannity actually, you didn't have your DVD set?

Edited by eyeball

6 hours ago, eyeball said:

?

You want to know why fake news and misinformation gets so much respect these days? Moderators who behave more like facilitators.

Do you want to know what makes me laugh? People who think they can find a better forum in the world.