Referendum on Mandates?

May be a referendum on the issue would solve all the problems. Maybe Trudeau should be looking at this option to end the deadlock.

Protesters going back home, a referendum to be held within a month and the nation decides. It is democratic and it will quickly resolve this serious issue smoothly and without violence and for good, As well it will free the people of Downtown Ottawa.

What do you think?

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Didn’t we just have an election about it?

The election was about many things not entirely on mandates though mandates was one of many platforms Liberals campaign on. But voting for Liberals was not a vote for mandates and voting for PPC or Conservatives did not mean a vote against mandates. This will be the only peaceful resolution of this serious problem.

35 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

May be a referendum on the issue would solve all the problems. Maybe Trudeau should be looking at this option to end the deadlock.

Protesters go back home, a referendum to be held within a month and the nation decides. It is democratic and it will quickly resolve this serious issue for smoothly without violence and for good and free the people of Downtown Ottawa.

What do you think?

You do know the recent polls suggest the majority are for getting rid of the mandates, open up the country and get on with life. Who would not want to get rid of mandates, everyone is sick of them.

The question remains what to do about vaccinations, could that be the carrot to get more people vaccinated.  what is next, and are we still looking for better vaccinations or cure ? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

You do know the recent polls suggest the majority are for getting rid of the mandates, open up the country and get on with life. Who would not want to get rid of mandates, everyone is sick of them.

No I am not aware of such poll on mandates. I know that 90% of Canadians are vaccinated and a good majority want vaccination mandated for everyone except health reasons. Also everyone is sick of restrictions. The question is whether we suddenly remove all restrictions, wearing masks included overnight as the trucker convoy is demanding or we do it in a prudent gradual manner that the governments are currently doing it.

Chances are most of the reasons for having this referendum will be over before it ever gets organized.

The noisy confused minority that imagine's it might make a difference simply needs to chill out, get a grip and try to be a little less impatient.

Look around you, normal may only be creeping back in on little cat's feet but it is happening.

• Like 2

Nano's poll on CBC reported over 50 % support ending mandates, and really pro vacine or not, if someone ask you today why don't we just end all this right now , no mandates , back to normal living i think that number will just climb...These convoys are now starting up in other major city centers, it is hard to say...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Nano's poll on CBC reported over 50 % support ending mandates, and really pro vacine or not, if someone ask you today why don't we just end all this right now , no mandates , back to normal living i think that number will just climb...These convoys are now starting up in other major city centers, it is hard to say...

I’m in favour of getting ending mandates….  But just not yet.  How would I have voted in the poll?

7 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

I’m in favour of getting ending mandates….  But just not yet.  How would I have voted in the poll?

Do you think that is the majority, minority, opinion in the country... I'm all for vaccinations, but I'm ready to end all this and get back to normal..

Not sure if thats proper sentence structure big guy , that one is on you...

Edited by Army Guy
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

There is no clear poll on 

Remove all mandates and restrictions immediately OR No - Remove restrictions gradually over time while existing mandates remain in place.

Organizers and protestors will go back home and together with PPC and some Conservatives MPs start a campaign on the Yes side and Liberals will start a campaign on the No side. A referendum in mid March. A peaceful end to this crisis which has gripped our country and our nation without any violence. A peaceful end. No one needs to get hurt anymore.

Trudeau are you reading this?

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

26 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Does the majority always do the correct thing?

May be not but it will end the crisis we are in,  in a peaceful manner.  I want no violence no bloodshed, no one hurt.  I hate to see nation so divided. Canadian against Canadian. This is horrible.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

Minority rights to basic rights and freedoms are protected in the Charter.  That’s the point.  No referendum necessary.  The people want to be free. End all mandates and restrictions immediately.  Anything less is arbitrary and indefensible, certainly at this point.

Edited by Zeitgeist

14 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Referendums are held whenever a crisis is developed and there is no easy resolution and a nation is divided and then the government says lets the nation speaks and decide in a referendum.

How is a small vocal minority who do not want health regulations a national crisis?

Should we have a referendum on seatbelts if enough truckers clog up the streets demanding “no seatbelts”?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

How is a small vocal minority who do not want health regulations a national crisis?

Should we have a referendum on seatbelts if enough truckers clog up the streets demanding “no seatbelts”?

The Capital is under siege. Citizens of Ottawa being harassed nd attacked. The Chief of Police, Sloy has thrown the towel saying that there is no police solution. He is incapable of restoring law and order. The police are keeping an eye from a distance while laws are being broken right before their eyes. Tens of thousands of Ottawa residents, citizens of this country are taken hostage by these bunch. Protests re now spreading to Toronto, Quebec city, Winnipeg and Regina. People are divided on the mandate issue. If this is not crisis then what is?

57 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Who isn't in favour of getting rid of mandates? Problem is variants are setting the agenda, not humans.

We have to learn to live with this virus. We can't live a life with so many restrictions. Unfortunately about 1% of population who catch the disease will die but the remaining 99% will live a life. This way they are killing all of us. 200,000 jobs lost just last months. I am fed up with staying at home with no fun no social life no entertainment. Death is better than this. That said, restrictions should be lifted in a prudent manner not overnight to protect our health care system.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

The mandates as they exist cannot remain. The vaccines are waning and will soon lose their efficacy for even severe illness. If they want the mandates to remain then they’ll be forced to change the definition of fully vaxxed to 3 doses. If they don’t do that then scrap the mandates as they do t make any sense

42 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

The Capital is under siege. Citizens of Ottawa being harassed nd attacked. The Chief of Police, Sloy has thrown the towel saying that there is no police solution. He is incapable of restoring law and order. The police are keeping an eye from a distance while laws are being broken right before their eyes. Tens of thousands of Ottawa residents, citizens of this country are taken hostage by these bunch. Protests re now spreading to Toronto, Quebec city, Winnipeg and Regina. People are divided on the mandate issue. If this is not crisis then what is?

Capital under siege?  I will grant you some hyperbole…. When there’s a siege by a small minority looking to take over governance from the democratically elected authorities, should the strategy be appeasement?

30 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

The mandates as they exist cannot remain. The vaccines are waning and will soon lose their efficacy for even severe illness. If they want the mandates to remain then they’ll be forced to change the definition of fully vaxxed to 3 doses. If they don’t do that then scrap the mandates as they do t make any sense

Adding more requirements to the passports (i.e. third vaccination) will just prove what everyone opposed to mandates is saying:  Once government mandates certain care to enjoy basic freedoms, our Charter rights as citizens to freedoms are compromised, and there is no check on the requirements governments impose on the public to enjoy basic rights.  Government must not be allowed to ignore our guaranteed rights.  We can’t perpetuate crisis rhetoric to justify maintaining government overreach.  That’s what dictatorships do.  

Edited by Zeitgeist