What are the options to remove Justin Trudeau?

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

Honestly I think Ford did a way better job than Trudeau, especially at the start. 

1)  He made the information he had public from the very beginning, not sitting on it and prevaricating like Trudeau and Pam did. 

2) He didn't go out of his way to make it a political issue, trying to score points amidst a health crisis. 

As things wore on he lost coherence and became less consistent, so 1) was ended up less a factor, but at least he never really succumbed to 2). 

Ford to his credit isn't afraid of backtracking and making mistakes in public.  Let's face it that these are difficult issues despite what the retardulists will tell you.

That said he doesn't have a conspiracy theory mafia going after him like Trudeau does either.

3 hours ago, Moonbox said:

I don't think conservatives in general, just the freedumb convoy clowns and the Poilievre boosting crowd.  Even Doug Ford did an okay job in Ontario.  

The word "general" means a mixture of good and bad.  That's what we have.  Ford did a good job.  Kenney was a kind of disaster in fighting the pandemic.  I support conservatives in a general sense but not the Conservatives in Ottawa who support the so-called freedom convoy and oppose mandates.  This is one of the few areas I agree with Trudeau, Liberals and NDP.  There is nothing to vote for.

I don't see any candidates I could support running for the federal Conservative leadership.

Edited by blackbird

Old left and right categories aren’t really relevant anymore.  The choice now is really about individual rights versus government overreach.  Liberty versus totalitarian central planning.  The Liberals can’t honestly claim to be liberal anymore.  The NDP can’t honestly claim to stand for workers anymore. Both parties are essentially out of touch, self-serving, and elitist.  Only the conservatives are standing up against government overreach and hyperinflationary policies like carbon taxes, vaccine mandates, and foolish curtailment of secure energy supply.  They’re also fighting divisive rhetoric that insults and suppresses the rights of millions of Canadians.

The Liberals and NDP use fear to manipulate people: fear of Covid, climate crisis, and of course the protesters whom they call racist, misogynist, unscientific, and fringe.

10 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Old left and right categories aren’t really relevant anymore.  

Correction:  Old political categories aren't relevant in the modern day.  You frame your arguments based on the current reality, rather than outdated bygone attitudes that nobody cares about anymore. 

10 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Only the conservatives are standing up against government overreach and hyperinflationary policies like carbon taxes, vaccine mandates, and foolish curtailment of secure energy supply.  They’re also fighting divisive rhetoric that insults and suppresses the rights of millions of Canadians.

They're fighting divisive rhetoric with Pierre Poilievre, by supporting the freedom convoy and their "fuck trudeau" signs, and by appealing to idiots who call their critics fascist woke totalitarians?  

jennifer-lawrence-ok.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moonbox said:

Correction:  Old political categories aren't relevant in the modern day.  You frame your arguments based on the current reality, rather than outdated bygone attitudes that nobody cares about anymore. 

They're fighting divisive rhetoric with Pierre Poilievre, by supporting the freedom convoy and their "fuck trudeau" signs, and by appealing to idiots who call their critics fascist woke totalitarians?  

jennifer-lawrence-ok.gif

Yeah I consider you a woke-green totalitarian.  You should stick with the Liberals.  They’re into that fascist stuff.

• Sad 1

Just now, Zeitgeist said:

Yeah I consider you a woke-green totalitarian.  You should stick with the Liberals.  They’re into that fascist stuff.

and the abject stupidity of saying that, immediately after saying this about the conservatives:

18 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

They’re also fighting divisive rhetoric that insults and suppresses the rights of millions of Canadians.

is completely lost on you.  

17 hours ago, Shady said:

I know this has probably already been said.  But Canada really needs an impeachment process.

Canada and the United States need a system whereby politicians must fight to get re-elected.  That would mean a minimum number of votes MUST be won by the victor.  They have to actually attract voters.  If they can't say get 30% of voters voting for them then re-do the election.

5 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Agreed.  Ford tried to resist unpopular advice as best he could but would always cave at the last moment.

I feel like Trudeau and Ford were very similar in that they were put into positions of power that they were unqualified for, but there were at least intelligent enough (!) to listen to, understand, and accept advice.  This is the best news for our governance culture.

Of course, the retardulist revolutionaries will bleat that Canada is far-left or far-right yadda yadda.  You get the government you deserve...

Ford was a downright fascist.

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

The word "general" means a mixture of good and bad.  That's what we have.  Ford did a good job.  Kenney was a kind of disaster in fighting the pandemic.  I support conservatives in a general sense but not the Conservatives in Ottawa who support the so-called freedom convoy and oppose mandates.  This is one of the few areas I agree with Trudeau, Liberals and NDP.  There is nothing to vote for.

I don't see any candidates I could support running for the federal Conservative leadership.

So you support freezing bank accounts of those that disagree with you?

• Like 1

There definitely been a change in right and left.  The right use to include the business class and was seen as ignoring the majority of decent citizens' needs.  But now that is the left.  The business class is now owned by the left and the left does not care about the welfare of the hard working class.  The right use to up even until GWB, embrace war as a policy.  Now the right is very anti-war with only the RINO neocons like Romney still embracing sending our sons to die for the crap holes of the world.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, eyeball said:

Something like a non-confidence vote? 

Yes, something like that.   Why implement an impeachment process that has proven completely useless in the States?

A complete waste of money and time, and the crook continues to walk and do what he wants.

19 hours ago, cannuck said:

He can do that because we were stupid enough to elect him as Prime Ministrer.....TWICE!

I meant Trump, who was impeached, or nearly impeached and despite evading taxes, inciting violence and unrest on a National scale, remained unscathed.    The US impeachment system is so impotent that adopting it in Canada is the last thing I would want.