Erin O'Toole out

15 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

"Force" is ANY time you can't do whatever you want in society by law.

So laws against assault are “force”?

Do you think your definition is so vague and so far out of the norm that the term “force” has now become utterly meaningless?  

“The government is not allowing me to beat my children…. This is force and against my will”

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

the vast majority of Canadians agree with the NDP and the Greens

they just agree with the Liberals more

Canadians consider moderates to be far right white supremacist insurrectionists

so that party would have as much chance to win as the PPC and would be tarred with the same demonizations

compromising with the far left just means you give them some of what they want

and they give you nothing you want

then they'll ask for more after you give them what they want

and each time you cave, that just encourages them to keep asking

while giving nothing in return

it's a garbage plan

In the last 2 elections more Canadians voted for the CPC than the Liberals.  Or the NDP and Greens combined.

The NDP and Greens are losers that most Canadians think are filled with naive idealistic nutbars.

Canadians don't like nutbar idealogues like the Liberals, CPC, NDP, and Greens.  Quebec likes french/Quebec politicians, so Trudeau wins despite losing the popular vote to the CPC.  And people don't even like the CPC, they just dislike Trudeau even more.

Your plan to keep the CPC being a bunch of conservative nutters is a loser plan.  Most conservatives and leftists are morons and nutters and irrational ideologues.  Most Canadians are reasonable and don't want closet racist bible-thumping gay-haters running this country, nor do they want the virtue signaling beta cuck wusses we have now.  Guys like Trudeau and Scheer are out of their minds.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Most conservatives and leftists are morons and nutters and irrational ideologues.  Most Canadians are reasonable and don't want closet racist bible-thumping gay-haters running this country, nor do they want the virtue signaling beta cuck wusses we have now.   

The 'virtue signalling' is a big nothing, that amounts to little more than superficial adherence to some kind of ethic - superficial because Trudeau himself blew off Reconciliation Day to go to the beach.

Mostly it triggers the high-volume rageaholics who get so triggered that they use the term 'cuck' to get back at 'the left'.  Quite hilarious...

1 hour ago, TreeBeard said:

Who enforces that?  Truckers?  Or courts?

Good question.  There are rare moments in history when the current ethos is untenable.  The centre cannot hold.  This is very ancient spiritual stuff.  William Blake wrote about this, the human/spiritual realm verses the dark satanic mills.  Today it’s the human world versus the digital world.  St. Augustine’s City of Man and City of God.  We can live under fear of punishment or by faith in humanity.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

Good question.  There are rare moments in history when the current ethos is untenable.  The centre cannot hold.  This is very ancient spiritual stuff.  William Blake wrote about this, the human/spiritual realm verses the dark satanic mills.  Today it’s the human world versus the digital world.  St. Augustine’s Ciry of Man and City of God.  We can live under fear of punishment or by faith in humanity.  

Blake fan? Cool.

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

The 'virtue signalling' is a big nothing, that amounts to little more than superficial adherence to some kind of ethic - superficial because Trudeau himself blew off Reconciliation Day to go to the beach.

Mostly it triggers the high-volume rageaholics who get so triggered that they use the term 'cuck' to get back at 'the left'.  Quite hilarious...

Hey don't get mad at me, i'm just reporting the news.

It's not my fault the left is filled with submissive self-hating betas who are too "nice" to discipline their pets and children because they're afraid of offending anyone or making anyone besides the people they hate "feel bad" instead of standing up for what's right or call a spade a spade.

If we want to see what a society ruled by submissive self-hating betas looks like we can just look at California, Oregon, and Washington state.  Not much better than a society run by barely literate bible-thumping anti-science racist gay-haters.

2 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

It only matters when the Democrats win the popular vote and lose the election and then they complain about the Electoral College for the next 4 years.

Are you under the impression that’s what I think?  Or are you making up a political bogeyman to avoid the question?  

2 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

You and a small band of rebels get to decide when democracy is over? 

Au contraire, the protesters are safeguarding your Charter rights, otherwise your opinions and the views of the people can be ignored in the name of public safety during a crisis.  Basically the crisis is the suspension of rights.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Au contraire, the protesters are safeguarding your Charter rights, otherwise your opinions and the views of the people can be ignored in the name of public safety during a crisis.  Basically the crisis is the suspension of rights.  

A small group of unvaccinated truck drivers and Confederate flag waving wannabe revolutionaries decides on what my Charter Rights are?  

Where do they get their authority to do this?

Edited by TreeBeard

6 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

A small group of unvaccinated truck drivers and Confederate flag waving wannabe revolutionaries decides on what my Charter Rights are?  

Where do they get their authority to do this?

Ha ha, you have no clue who the protesters are.  A small band of unvaccinated?   I’m triple vaccinated.  There were signs saying, “I’m fully vaccinated now back off.”   Enough with the attempt to micromanage people’s lives like some kind of sicko Frankenstein dissecting people like they’re soul-less objects.  People have an inner light, a yearning for freedom that your need for impossible safety purity can’t squelch.  Charter freedoms over health puritanism.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Ha ha, you have no clue who the protesters are.  A small band of unvaccinated?   I’m triple vaccinated.  There were signs saying, “I’m fully vaccinated now back off.”   Enough with the attempt to micromanage people’s lives like some kind of sicko Frankenstein dissecting people like they’re soul-less objects.  People have an inner light, a yearning for freedom that your need for impossible safety purity can’t squelch.  Charter freedoms over health puritanism.  

A small group of *whatever they are* gets to decide how the remainder’s Charter Rights are managed?  

Again, where do they get their authority?

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

A small group of *whatever they are* gets to decide how the remainder’s Charter Rights are managed?  

Again, where do they get their authority?

Where does government get its authority?  From the will of most Canadians.  Canadians chose a free country with constitutional protections.  Winning an election doesn’t give a government the right to ignore those protections.  I’m not going to argue with someone who wants government to oppress people.  You have a lot to learn.  Governments must respect the Charter.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

18 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Where does government get its authority?  From the will of most Canadians.  Canadians chose a free country with constitutional protections.  Winning an election doesn’t give a government the right to ignore those protections.  I’m not going to argue with someone who wants government to oppress people.  You have a lot to learn.  Governments must respect the Charter.  

A small group of self-appointed Charter Enforcers gets to determine what they are?  

You still haven’t answered where they get their authority.  

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, DogOnPorch said:

Blake fan? Cool.

Yeats too. The gyres.  Cycles of history. Spengler.  Old Testament stories of the Israelites bouncing between the desert and the promised land.  The eternal story of the uprising of humanity from the wilderness, Campbell’s Hero with a Thousand Faces.  Frye’s Great Code.  Dante’s Divine Comedy.  Contrapasso.  It’s the story of people trying to remove their chains, like right now under mandates and restrictions.  

1 minute ago, Kelvin Chiu said:

Candice Bergen's non-fluency in French is gonna bring some costs to the CPC.

She’s an interim leader.  Not speaking French or English very well is okay, as long as you can use one of the official languages in Parliament.  People can learn languages.