Trucker's Convoy

West

1 minute ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

The only lawlessness is by truckers who are illegally blocking streets of our Capital and harassing the residents who are now fighting back. The only tyrants are those who with a minority support of far right wanting to overthrow the democratically elected government. Not sure if it is out of ignorance or any other reason but martial law when the army takes over and shoot people in streets is not same as state of emergency.

There never gonna understand this forum is loaded with some far right  people lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

whatever helps you sleep at night I guess

but this is Joe Biden ordering Canadian paramilitary forces to crush peaceful Canadians in the streets

women, children, families

set upon by a foreign power under martial law, martial meaning military, as in war

so it has already happened

if you won't fight to defend Canadian families from a foreign tyrant running your PM as his tyrannical puppet ?

what is the point of being Canadian then ?

My God. You are worse than I thought. Have you seen a doctor about your illusions? 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Legislature (ie the politicians elected to sit in parliament) writes and passes laws by introducing them to parliament and then voting on them. The party that won the most parliament seats in the last election can typically get their way over the other parties in parliament because having more seats mean they have more votes (in the case of a minority government like we have now, they have to make a deal with another party in the legislature to get them to vote the same way). The laws that parliament makes must abide by the constitution. If the court rules they are unconstitutional then the law is effectively null and void. 

Think about it:  the attorney general/Minister of Justice is a member of the Prime Minister’s party and is appointed to his job by the Prime Minister. The people appointed by the Prime Minister to run the various government departments and agencies are called Cabinet Ministers and the Minister of Justice is one of them.Pretty much all laws passed by parliament are introduced by a Cabinet Minister, often the Minister of Justice was directly involved in writing the law or is even the one intending it. Why would they rule their own laws unconstitutional?  

The courts (aka the Judicial branch of government) is independent from the elected (legislative) branch and it is also independent from the the Prime Minister, Cabinet and the departments they control (collectively called the executive branch).  That means the Prime Minister cannot fire judges or tell the courts what to say or do, a general cannot have judges arrested, and government agencies and departments cannot ignore judges rulings.  You are correct that the courts interpret the law, this includes the constitution. 

Heres an explanatory video 

First thank you for the response, and source. I have this question that keeps coming back even in your video.. as in all mu sources in does correctly list how a law is constructed and the process... like i said before the "courts" are not mentioned in any of them, why is that ? is my first question, next question is what is meant when it says those laws are interrupted by the the judicial branch for use in the courts...as each court case is different, by using interrupted does that mean how it can apply to that case. or is it the final approval as you suggest that is my hang up...

Becasue it also says the law becomes law right after royal accent... it seems like it is a broken link let me explain,  why go through all that problem to run through parliament, and implemented by government, only to be checked to see if meets constitutional requirements and is legal to start with..  and be sent back to start all over. It in my opinion would be less work intensive if the propose bill went to the judges first...to see if it does pass the litmus test prior to all the work being down... 

5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

to me, you are a filthy disgusting traitor against your own people, so I am your sworn enemy by default

hence your opinion is not really relevant anymore

You are a fifty disgusting fascist who is as mad as your fifty disgusting dead boss, Adolf Hitler. I am also disappointed at the moderators on this forum to allow a fifty disgusting member like you here to so openly spread insurgency and treason and hate on this forum.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

Just now, CITIZEN_2015 said:

You are a fifty disgusting fascist who is as mad as your fifty disgusting dead boss, Adolf Hitler. I am also disappointed at the moderators on this forum to allow a fifty disgusting member like you hear to so openly spread insurgency and treason and hate on this forum.

so says my sworn enemy, oh well /shrugs

13 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

It's deliberate.  The separation of legislative and judicial systems is very important for maintaining impartiality and ensuring the Rule of Law rather than the Rule of Public Opinion.  If it wasn't set up this way, then the Law would end up swaying back and forth at the whims of whatever Party was in power at the time, which has obviously bad implications. 

Thank you for putting me on the right path, I've learned something today. thanks to beaver as well 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

they need 1800 cops they say ?

it's taking them weeks to assemble that

2 Canadian Mechanized Brigade Group could put 1800 troops in Ottawa tommorow

why hasn't that happened ?

think about it

Nope, they are just going to tell the truckers they will have no insurance and their corporate accounts will be frozen if they don't leave. They can also make tow truck drivers tow their trucks, they won't be able to refuse without suffering the same fate. This act gives the government a lot of tools short of using the army. I think most truckers will figure this out for themselves. They may be misguided but I don't believe they are that stupid.

3 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Nope, they are just going to tell the truckers they will have no insurance and their corporate accounts will be frozen if they don't leave. They can also make tow truck drivers tow their trucks, they won't be able to refuse without suffering the same fate. This act gives the government a lot of tools short of using the army. I think most truckers will figure this out for themselves. They may be misguided but I don't believe they are that stupid.

if that was the case, they would have done it by now,  no need to invoke the war measures act

they are panicking

because they are afraid to use the military

and they don't have enough cops to go around

they don't even trust the cops except for the crony Mounties

45 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

You are a fifty disgusting fascist who is as mad as your fifty disgusting dead boss, Adolf Hitler. I am also disappointed at the moderators on this forum to allow a fifty disgusting member like you here to so openly spread insurgency and treason and hate on this forum.

You’re the one supporting the overturning of constitutional rights.  You’re living in a dictatorship right now.  

• Like 2

the best was Bill Blair "I don't understand why the police haven't ended this by now"

it's simple, Bill, all the cops despise you, and all the soldiers do too

the police & soldiers are with the truckers

this regime is in its death throes, war measures panic is a cry for help

Edited by Dougie93
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

if that was the case, they would have done it by now,  no need to invoke the war measures act

they are panicking

because they are afraid to use the military

and they don't have enough cops to go around

they don't even trust the cops except for the crony Mounties

They would have needed court orders, now they don't.