Desperate Republican texts during Jan 6 insurrection

Trumps chief of staff, Mark Meadows, was forced to turn over the text messages he received during the coup attempt to the House Jan 6 committee. 

The texts show Don Jr, several Fox News personalities and several Republican Congressmen/Trump officials desperately texting for Trump to address the nation and condemn the action. Famously, Trump instead sent various tweets and fanning the flames before releasing a mildly-worded recording.

Having failed to appeal to any reason the Republicans have since tried to pretend the insurrection is a nothingburger. Or am ANTIFA false flag operation. But read their texts as the treasonous Republican knew exactly what was going down and that their supporters were to blame:

LAURA INGRAHAM: Hey Mark, the president needs to tell people in the Capitol to go home... this is hurting all of us...he is destroying his legacy.
BRIAN KILMEADE: Please get him on TV. Destroying everything you have accomplished.
SEAN HANNITY: Can he make a statement?...Ask people to leave the Capitol. 
DONALD TRUMP, JR.: He’s got to condemn this shit Asap. The Capitol Police tweet is not enough...[MEADOWS replied that he agreed and was "pushing it hard."]...We need an oval office address. He has to lead now. It has gone too far. And gotten out of hand.

Of the texts Meadows received from Congress/White House officials (names withheld):

“Hey, Mark, protestors are literally storming the Capitol. Breaking windows on doors. Rushing in. Is Trump going to say something?"

-"We are under siege up here at the Capitol."

-"They have breached the Capitol."

-"There's an armed standoff at the House Chamber door."

-"We are all helpless."

-"POTUS has to come out firmly and tell protestors to dissipate. Someone is going to get killed" 

-"Mark, he needs to stop this. Now" 

-"TELL THEM TO GO HOME" 

-"POTUS needs to calm this s*** down." 

Trump and his goons knew exactly what was happening and deliberately did nothing hoping that somehow their coup would be successful. 

FOX News isn't talking about this, even though it's a major story.  Their own news "personalities" (sorry, don't know what else to call them) texting the White House and pleading for action... then later not even mentioning it.

We are almost at the end of the culture war in America... two separate spheres of experience.

11 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Having failed to appeal to any reason the Republicans have since tried to pretend the insurrection is a nothingburger.  

This is also complete nonsense.  Several Fox News shows played the video from the day of the riot.  The people in these texts covered the riot and condemned it that evening, as per the video proof from last January.  Stop making things up.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Ok, I stand corrected.  I don't get the channel so I only get the website and it wasn't there.

Did they talk about Hannity's texts ?  Because I couldn't find that.

Yes, they talked about all the texts.  Everyone stands by their texts.  I’m not really sure why it’s being treated as big news.  There’s specific video of every Fox host denouncing the riot the evening of January 6th.

39 minutes ago, Shady said:

I’m not really sure why it’s being treated as big news.  

Actually you're right... I just reviewed the coverage again and although it's a little surprising to me that they were alarmed, I don't see that they did anything wrong here.  

Tonally, it's a little jarring to read the texts as you are hearing Don Jr. etc. in the moment saying things like "you need to stop this s***".   Thanks for the note.

Ok... Vanity Fair explains... it took 16 hours for FOX to react to Cheney.  Maybe that's why I thought there was no reaction.

Also in this article - FOX personalities theorized Antifa was behind it ??? Weird.  This is why I stay away from this brand of news.... so maybe they should retract that now ?

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/12/fox-news-hosts-january-6-fears

Lot's of unanswered questions about the Jan 6 riot. It should never have been allowed to happen but it seems that there was about 1000 involved in the actual riot while a much larger number of people were just protesting peacefully.

Ben Shapiro Just Lights up Malcolm Nance When He Pushes False Jan. 6 Narrative – Republican Daily

According to this next link the Biden administration has still not released thousands of hours of video evidence. What role if any, did undercover agents have on January 6?

Tucker Carlson: Government agents may have helped organize the Jan. 6 Capitol riot | Fox News

Any citizen that did trespass and commit any other criminal acts should of course pay the price under the law. Can anyone explain why Biden supporters have been allowed to burn , loot and riot with near impunity?

6 hours ago, Shady said:

Yes, they talked about all the texts.  Everyone stands by their texts.  I’m not really sure why it’s being treated as big news.  There’s specific video of every Fox host denouncing the riot the evening of January 6th.

So Trumps biggest propagandists and staff including his own son were urging him to address the public live- an Oval Office address per Don Jr.  Where was Trump?  Hiding in his bunker again?  I bet he was watching it unfold and giggling hoping this was actually going to end up making him dictator.

53 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

So Trumps biggest propagandists and staff including his own son were urging him to address the public live- an Oval Office address per Don Jr.  Where was Trump?  Hiding in his bunker again?  I bet he was watching it unfold and giggling hoping this was actually going to end up making him dictator.

I have no idea what the secret service did with Trump during the riot.  But I doubt any riot of a few hundred unarmed protesters was going to topple a country with the largest military in the world and install him as dictator.   I feel sorry for anyone that gullible and monumentally stupid who believed that could’ve happened on January 6th, 2021.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Shady said:

I have no idea what the secret service did with Trump during the riot.  But I doubt any riot of a few hundred unarmed protesters was going to topple a country with the largest military in the world and install him as dictator.   I feel sorry for anyone that gullible and monumentally stupid who believed that could’ve happened on January 6th, 2021.

Nonetheless that's what the protesters appeared to believe they could achieve.  Judging by reaction around the world that night and following days the rest of the planet was too gobsmacked to know what to believe anymore.  You'd have to be pretty deep into partisan denial to imagine January 6th was the nothing-burger it's presently being billed as.

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, eyeball said:

Nonetheless that's what the protesters appeared to believe they could achieve.  Judging by reaction around the world that night and following days the rest of the planet was too gobsmacked to know what to believe anymore.  You'd have to be pretty deep into partisan denial to imagine January 6th was the nothing-burger it's presently being billed as.

I think a much easier path to winning elections and staying in power in the US would be for the government of the day to drastically weaken the integrity of the voting system such as not requiring ID in order to vote. Also if a government was desperate to hold onto power they might call for an open southern border and just allow unrestricted mass migration of unskilled people, many of whom may not speak English but will be encouraged to vote for the government that allowed them in. What about the spread of Covid by unrestricted mass immigration? Apparently Covid can only be spread by legal US citizens and not by illegal immigrants.

The very idea of trying to overturn election results or keep someone in office with mere hundreds of people is ludicrous. The tactics mentioned above are clearly the way to go.?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, eyeball said:

I’ve never suggested that it was nothing.  It was a riot.  Everyone that broke the law should be prosecuted.

1 hour ago, ironstone said:

I think a much easier path to winning elections and staying in power in the US would be for the government of the day to drastically weaken the integrity of the voting system such as not requiring ID in order to vote. Also if a government was desperate to hold onto power they might call for an open southern border and just allow unrestricted mass migration of unskilled people, many of whom may not speak English but will be encouraged to vote for the government that allowed them in.

The very idea of trying to overturn election results or keep someone in office with mere hundreds of people is ludicrous. The tactics mentioned above are clearly the way to go.?

Perhaps if these tactics were actual steps in the implementation of an official policy but they're not so I don't know why you'd be worried about them.  In the meantime perpetuating the Big Lie to justify gerrymandering and weaponizing the voting system at the state level is clearly the way things will continue going.

What about the spread of Covid by unrestricted mass immigration?

What unrestricted mass migration? Every nation on Earth has policies which include restrictions that address immigration.  If your saying these have been lifted in some sort of official way you should be able to show evidence of it.  

Apparently Covid can only be spread by legal US citizens and not by illegal immigrants.

That completely flies in the face of even the most rudimentary understanding of medical evidence or science.

52 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Perhaps if these tactics were actual steps in the implementation of an official policy but they're not so I don't know why you'd be worried about them.  In the meantime perpetuating the Big Lie to justify gerrymandering and weaponizing the voting system at the state level is clearly the way things will continue going.

What unrestricted mass migration? Every nation on Earth has policies which include restrictions that address immigration.  If your saying these have been lifted in some sort of official way you should be able to show evidence of it.  

That completely flies in the face of even the most rudimentary understanding of medical evidence or science.

Democrats Are Back to Hating Voter ID - WSJ

Kind of racist to suggest minorities don't have the ability to acquire ID

Illegal Border Crossings Soar to Record High, New Data Shows - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Another 200k Migrants Crossed Illegally At The Southern Border Last Month | Independent Women's Voice (iwv.org)

(The pandemic was spreading while Trump was president, but illegal immigration did not reach record numbers as it has now under Biden.)

As for my comment on the spread of covid by illegal immigrants, purely tongue-in-cheek. Only a fool would believe unvaccinated illegals streaming over the southern border are not worsening the spread of covid.

Covid Restrictions for Travelers But Not Illegal Immigrants? (city-journal.org)

• Like 2

I don't even understand how the leftist dolts see this as damning info. People on the right have never supported rioting so why is it bad that they wanted the rioting to stop?

There were 3 full years of rioting by leftists and leftist militias, and all that the Dems' media outlets did was support it all, they even lied profusely to keep the riots going. 

Perhaps the summary of this thread might be that Republicans do not like rioting by anybody and if they do riot they must be held accountable. Democrats on the other hand seem to be mostly fine with the act of rioting but that depends entirely on who is rioting.

Any evidence to suggest otherwise?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Shady said:

See now you’re back to minimizing the insurrection which had over 1,000 participants, some of whom were armed and many more intended to kidnap or execute people. Just like COVID, one minute you’re trying to pretend nobody takes it more seriously than you, the next miniute you’re claiming it’s a nothingburger. 

The country is on the verge of toppling because the deranged Republican cult is trying to make the insurrection and election lies the new normal 

14 minutes ago, ironstone said:

Perhaps the summary of this thread might be that Republicans do not like rioting by anybody and if they do riot they must be held accountable. Democrats on the other hand seem to be mostly fine with the act of rioting but that depends entirely on who is rioting.

Any evidence to suggest otherwise?

On TV these propagandist weren’t asking why the president didn’t make a live public address or suggest that the rioters were ruining trumps legacy. Instead they floated bogus claims that the insurrectionists were  antifa or non-partisan. Sure once in a while they publicly denounced the attack just to be on the record doing so but then go on to suggest that  they were really just peaceful and harmless trespassers… just like how once or twice a day they briefly say they’re not anti-vax….then launch into hours of anti-vax stories 

17 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

On TV these propagandist weren’t asking why the president didn’t make a live public address or suggest that the rioters were ruining trumps legacy. Instead they floated bogus claims that the insurrectionists were  antifa or non-partisan. Sure once in a while they publicly denounced the attack just to be on the record doing so but then go on to suggest that  they were really just peaceful and harmless trespassers… just like how once or twice a day they briefly say they’re not anti-vax….then launch into hours of anti-vax stories 

If you had to compare how the 1000 or so Jan. 6 rioters have been treated by the justice system vs the countless Antifa/BLM rioters over the last numbers and the billions in damages they caused, is it not fair to point out that the Jan 6 rioters have faced much harsher consequences than Antifa/BLM? 

I'm not suggesting the Jan 6 group should not face consequences but why has the other side been pretty much untouched? There were probably very few actually arrested and I'm sure that most of them would have been released within a matter of hours. What is it about progressives that makes them want to mete out justice in such a blatantly unfair manner?

There is a difference between being anti-vax and anti-vax mandate.

17 minutes ago, ironstone said:

If you had to compare how the 1000 or so Jan. 6 rioters have been treated by the justice system vs the countless Antifa/BLM rioters over the last numbers and the billions in damages they caused, is it not fair to point out that the Jan 6 rioters have faced much harsher consequences than Antifa/BLM? 

I'm not suggesting the Jan 6 group should not face consequences but why has the other side been pretty much untouched? There were probably very few actually arrested and I'm sure that most of them would have been released within a matter of hours. What is it about progressives that makes them want to mete out justice in such a blatantly unfair manner?

There is a difference between being anti-vax and anti-vax mandate.

False equivalency and false facts. The attack on the Capitol was an attempt to and American democracy. The mob wanted to kill or kidnap the VP and members of Congress and prevent the peaceful Democratic transition of government. 

And the police presence at the Capitol that day was no where near as heavy handed as it was at BLM protests. 

Many BLM rioters were convicted of serious crimes and many of those were sentenced to multiple years of jail time …more so than the Trump coup attempt plotters.  

3 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

False equivalency and false facts. The attack on the Capitol was an attempt to and American democracy. The mob wanted to kill or kidnap the VP and members of Congress and prevent the peaceful Democratic transition of government. 

And the police presence at the Capitol that day was no where near as heavy handed as it was at BLM protests. 

Many BLM rioters were convicted of serious crimes and many of those were sentenced to multiple years of jail time …more so than the Trump coup attempt plotters.  

You might want to go back and read my earlier post about winning elections and staying in power. 

The Jan 6 riot was amateur hour and most certainly NOT a coordinated attempt at a coup. It's ridiculous to suggest it.

4 hours ago, ironstone said:

Democrats Are Back to Hating Voter ID - WSJ

Kind of racist to suggest minorities don't have the ability to acquire ID

Kind of nonsensical to suggest that's what I said and it doesn't address the fact Republican states that feel inimical towards Democrats have the ability to rig  elections by gerrymandering and making it more difficult to vote in districts that don't vote Republican.  If you intend to deny this is happening there's little point in discussing it further.

This is happening all around the world, it's no surprise why - crumbling economies, ecosystems, democracies, more oppression, civil strife and war and increasingly now the effects of climate change are all reasons that it's been well understood for decades now were not only likely but inevitable.  The pressures leading to this state of affairs predates Trump's Presidency by decades.  Trump has always been an effect - the appearance of populists in reaction to the other things I mentioned have likewise been as predictable as tomorrow's sunrise.  It's no surprise that the sort of political machinations that are required to facilitate the rise of a populist in an otherwise advanced democracy should include things like partisan gerrymandering.   

(The pandemic was spreading while Trump was president, but illegal immigration did not reach record numbers as it has now under Biden.)

Mark my words, the torrent of humanity moving North wherever possible around the planet will become a flood and eventually a tsunami year after year no matter who is in power. Everything from fish to plants move to escape to more livable parts of the planet when opportunities dry up, why should humans be any different? Getting up and relocating to greener pastures is just about the most human thing people do.     

As for my comment on the spread of covid by illegal immigrants, purely tongue-in-cheek. Only a fool would believe unvaccinated illegals streaming over the southern border are not worsening the spread of covid.

Covid Restrictions for Travelers But Not Illegal Immigrants? (city-journal.org)

Sure but WTF does it have to do with the issue of gerrymandering you avoided?  Only a fool would believe it has anything to do with it at all.