Jump to content

Canada's flag permanently at half mast


Argus

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

No it's our nations flag, some may look like it , but this one is our nations. Maybe one day when you get elected you can change it....

Your free to think what ever you want, again part of those freedoms protected for you by our countries military forces every day all day , 365 days a year . I'm glad you would not piss on it, as you may not respect our flag , but i'm sure not everyone is going to stand around and watch you take a piss on our flag..

It does represent many of those that have paid the price for this nation, in my conflict 160 people died wearing that flag on their uniforms, and everyone of them had that flag draped over their caskets for the long trip home...with well over 3000 being wounded and the other 400 that have committed suicide all wore that flag on their shoulders. You have no idea what those men and women volunteered to go over and fight an enemy determined by our government. Every Canadian soldier that was buried in Canada in our nations military cemetery, and every one of them buried in Europe and Korea dating back to WWI have a maple leaf in a circle on each of their tomb stones...

I don't give a rat ass what Justin does with our nations flag, it does not change anything for me, or thousands of soldiers and more than 1/2 of Canadians are woke, or we would not be looking at another liberal government . And so far the conservatives are not smart enough to crack that nut...

they fought for the Crown

not the Liberal Party of Canada flag

putting that flag on the uniforms and coffins doesn't change that

there is no need to wrap the flag in a cause that the flag had nothing to do with

the flag is woke

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Army Guy said:

.

I don't give a rat ass what Justin does with our nations flag, it does not change anything for me, or thousands of soldiers and more than 1/2 of Canadians are woke, or we would not be looking at another liberal government . And so far the conservatives are not smart enough to crack that nut...

God allows things to happen sometimes.  There may be a reason.  Much of the population of Canada turned it's back on God and his Word and prefers to follow Satan with his evil progressivism and liberalism.  So the way Canada is heading may be a judgment from God.  It would not be the first time in history that something like that happened.  It happened to Israel in ancient times.  Trudeau believes he has the moral high ground, but he doesn't know what morality is or care.  He and his minions don't care.  The only salvation is on an individual basis for those who turn to God and his written revelation, the King James Bible in English, and his Son Jesus Christ.  Call upon him for salvation and guidance in this life.  We can't save the planet as Trudeau thinks he can do.  Those who turned their back on God have chosen their own bed.  That is why one must call upon God and be saved out of this sinking ship.

The conservatives cannot save us.  They are mixed up with some of them and their leader being liberal lite.  They cannot save anyone.  Politicians can not save us in this messed up and evil world.  The only salvation is Jesus Christ.

Edited by blackbird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

they fought for the Crown

not the Liberal Party of Canada flag

putting that flag on the uniforms and coffins doesn't change that

there is no need to wrap the flag in a cause that the flag had nothing to do with

the flag is woke

Your free to believe what ever you want, the earth is flat , the moon is made from cheese, what ever floats your boat.

And while serving that flag meant everything to me, it represented our nation....it represented Canada. you do you and i'll do me .

Wrapping that flag around a coffin or wearing it on your shoulder is not a CAUSE, it is an honor that is granted by government . 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Your free to believe what ever you want, the earth is flat , the moon is made from cheese, what ever floats your boat.

And while serving that flag meant everything to me, it represented our nation....it represented Canada. you do you and i'll do me .

Wrapping that flag around a coffin or wearing it on your shoulder is not a CAUSE, it is an honor that is granted by government . 

the flag doesn't represent Canada

it represents replacing Canada with liberal dogma

and pretending Canada is that liberal dogma

which certainly doesn't represent me

that flag deliberately removed the connection to the Crown from it

the honor of wearing that flag on your uniform or wrapped around a coffin, is not granted by Canada, it is granted by the Crown

the Crown is Canada

the Liberals simply try to pretend it isn't

the red ensign is the real flag

the maple leaf is fake and gay

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/3/2021 at 1:56 AM, Yzermandius19 said:

the flag doesn't represent Canada

it represents replacing Canada with liberal dogma

and pretending Canada is that liberal dogma

which certainly doesn't represent me

that flag deliberately removed the connection to the Crown from it

the honor of wearing that flag on your uniform or wrapped around a coffin, is not granted by Canada, it is granted by the Crown

the Crown is Canada

the Liberals simply try to pretend it isn't

the red ensign is the real flag

the maple leaf is fake and gay

Like i have said before, your free to believe what ever you want. The old ensign is gone, a thing of the past and it is not coming back any time soon. maybe you could start a club or start a protest group to have the flag changed once again...I mean it would beat bitching about it here where nobody really gives a flying F****. 

Now your just playing with words, Who is the crown?  the Governor General, who does she take her marching orders from... right now the PM "who is Government", do you really think the Queen of England cares about what Justin does.. So she rubber stamps his recommendations and Poof there it is ... The Crown, is something that died decades ago, Canada is all grown up, the crown is a symbol only, because we are to lazy to change it .

Maybe it is time for you to join us in the 21 st century...

The maple leaf has been a symbol our military has used since WWI on everyone of it's grave stones.. including today, both here in Canada, and in Europe. Can't be that gay, but hey what ever floats your boat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Like i have said before, your free to believe what ever you want. The old ensign is gone, a thing of the past and it is not coming back any time soon. maybe you could start a club or start a protest group to have the flag changed once again...I mean it would beat bitching about it here where nobody really gives a flying F****. 

Now your just playing with words, Who is the crown?  the Governor General, who does she take her marching orders from... right now the PM "who is Government", do you really think the Queen of England cares about what Justin does.. So she rubber stamps his recommendations and Poof there it is ... The Crown, is something that died decades ago, Canada is all grown up, the crown is a symbol only, because we are to lazy to change it .

Maybe it is time for you to join us in the 21 st century...

The maple leaf has been a symbol our military has used since WWI on everyone of it's grave stones.. including today, both here in Canada, and in Europe. Can't be that gay, but hey what ever floats your boat.

The Crown is not just a symbol

it is not dead at all

it's just hands off

but it's still the sovereign

 

your oath was to the Crown

not the government of Canada

Canada is an anachronism

it hasn't joined the 21st Century

whether you like it or not

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Who gave one man Trudeau the authority to lower the Canadian flag to half mast for six months?  Lowering a country's flag is a major move similar in importance to bringing in an important law.  If it is going to be lowered for anything, that should be a decision of the elected representatives of the people to decide for what reason and for how long exactly, i.e. Parliament and ratified by the Senate and declared by the Governor General.  If a PM can arbitrarily do something like that, he might be able to do anything.  That is not democracy;  it is a dictatorship.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Who gave one man Trudeau the authority to lower the Canadian flag to half mast for six months?  Lowering a country's flag is a major move similar in importance to bringing in an important law.  If it is going to be lowered for anything, that should be a decision of the elected representatives of the people to decide for what reason and for how long exactly, i.e. Parliament and ratified by the Senate and declared by the Governor General.  If a PM can arbitrarily do something like that, he might be able to do anything.  That is not democracy;  it is a dictatorship.  

No one did.  This is a democracy.  

https://www.canada.ca/en/canadian-heritage/services/flag-canada-masting-rules.html

16. Exceptional Circumstances

In exceptional circumstances, and on the advice of the Department of Canadian Heritage and the recommendation of the Clerk of the Privy Council, the Prime Minister may approve the Half-masting of the Flag on the Peace Tower, and/or on all or some federal buildings and establishments in Canada or abroad, that is not provided for in the Rules.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Cannucklehead said:

No one did.  This is a democracy.  

https://www.canada.ca/en/canadian-heritage/services/flag-canada-masting-rules.html

16. Exceptional Circumstances

In exceptional circumstances, and on the advice of the Department of Canadian Heritage and the recommendation of the Clerk of the Privy Council, the Prime Minister may approve the Half-masting of the Flag on the Peace Tower, and/or on all or some federal buildings and establishments in Canada or abroad, that is not provided for in the Rules.

 

That rule no. 16 might refer to lowering the flag to half mast for one day for deaths of people in something like a terrorist attack.  Putting the flag at half mast for six months is a whole different matter which I don't think anyone dreamed that Trudeau would do.  That is a completely undemocratic move and should be investigated and laws passed to prevent such a travesty.  A nation's flag is not the private property of the PM or clerk of the Privy council to be used in such a way.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/4/2021 at 11:18 PM, Yzermandius19 said:

The Crown is not just a symbol

it is not dead at all

it's just hands off

but it's still the sovereign

 

your oath was to the Crown

not the government of Canada

Canada is an anachronism

it hasn't joined the 21st Century

whether you like it or not

Your not trying to tell me the Queen of England , could involve herself in the nations politics...I think it is far more than hands off, the Canadians government runs Canada now, and without guidance or reliance on the Queen mother, or England. This will never change because there is no will to change it, nor does anyone really care... 

My oath is to the crown, as a built in safety measure so our government could not just mobilize troops with out a second opinion , such as the Governor General. Perhaps you can give us a history lesson on when was the last time the Governor over rode the PM on anything. My point here is she is a figure head, of a world long gone...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Your not trying to tell me the Queen of England , could involve herself in the nations politics...I think it is far more than hands off, the Canadians government runs Canada now, and without guidance or reliance on the Queen mother, or England. This will never change because there is no will to change it, nor does anyone really care... 

My oath is to the crown, as a built in safety measure so our government could not just mobilize troops with out a second opinion , such as the Governor General. Perhaps you can give us a history lesson on when was the last time the Governor over rode the PM on anything. My point here is she is a figure head, of a world long gone...

your oath is to the Crown

because if the government and Crown are in conflict 

your loyalty is to the Crown

not the government of Canada

hence why your oath states you serve the former and not the latter

 

it is not merely symbolic

but when it comes to symbolism

The Crown > The Liberal Party of Canada Flag

the Liberal Party of Canada Flag removes the connection to the Crown from the nation's flag

in attempt to replace the real Canada with the Liberal's fake sense of Canadian nationalism that you are invoking

that's why it's a stupid flag

like the Nazi's replacing the German flag with it's connection to their monarch roots with a swastika

the Liberals simply did the same thing with a Maple Leaf instead, 30 years later

erase history and replace with ideological dogma for propaganda purposes via changing the flag

 

I, for one, side with the Crown over the stupid Liberal flag

obvious superior symbol is obvious

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Where you stand on any issue depends on where you sit. It is interesting that the British are ruled by a foreign monarch. You never hear them complain about living under a Canadian Queen.

By the way, my avatar is one of the designers of the Canadian flag but I forgave him because he is my second cousin.

Edited by Queenmandy85
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

your oath is to the Crown

because if the government and Crown are in conflict 

your loyalty is to the Crown

not the government of Canada

hence why your oath states you serve the former and not the latter

 

it is not merely symbolic

but when it comes to symbolism

The Crown > The Liberal Party of Canada Flag

the Liberal Party of Canada Flag removes the connection to the Crown from the nation's flag

in attempt to replace the real Canada with the Liberal's fake sense of Canadian nationalism that you are invoking

that's why it's a stupid flag

like the Nazi's replacing the German flag with it's connection to their monarch roots with a swastika

the Liberals simply did the same thing with a Maple Leaf instead, 30 years later

erase history and replace with ideological dogma for propaganda purposes via changing the flag

 

I, for one, side with the Crown over the stupid Liberal flag

obvious superior symbol is obvious

My oath was to the crown, which in todays world is just symbolic, neither the governor General or the Queen has power over the government period... we have several examples of this in our history, It was the PM office that mobilized military forces during OKA, during WWII parliament debated for well over a couple of weeks before decided to enter the war, if the Queen or crown was an essential piece at the time , Why the debate why the need for debate the Queen could have just ordered the mobilization and been done with it.. But that never happened.

The Government at the time wanted a modern Canadian flag, and if the other parties wanted to change it they could have done just that, but they did not, replacing the ensign was not about putting a liberal spin on our flag it was more about becoming a independent nation with very little connection to the Queen mother or Britain. 

But hey don't trust me , l goggle that shit, see for yourself see if you can find your version in any history book. 

Why is there not an example in our entire history of the Governor General or the Queen over riding any of the PM 's wishes or orders. there is none, 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is a difference between power and authority. Authority is the right to make a decision. Power is the ability to carry out the decision. 

The Queen has massive authority. She can declare war on Greece. But nothing will happen if Parliament doesn't vote the money.

The Prime Minister has no authority but he has the political power. He has the confidence of Parliament which means he has the power to persuade Parliament to vote the money to run the government.

Each Minister requires the confidence of Parliament in order to serve. They also need the confidence of the Queen since she appoints them.

Most democratic republics operate the same way. Exceptions being the USA and France. It is a good idea to separate the authority from the power. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Why is there not an example in our entire history of the Governor General or the Queen over riding any of the PM 's wishes or orders. there is none

The customs scandal. MacKenzie King wanted to avoid a vote of censure and asked the GG for an election. The GG refused. King resigned and the Governor General asked Meighen to form a government.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

The customs scandal. MacKenzie King wanted to avoid a vote of censure and asked the GG for an election. The GG refused. King resigned and the Governor General asked Meighen to form a government.

When was that . . . 75?   85?  95? . . . years ago?

Nothing worthy  of GG intervention since then?

Lucky us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The system hasn't changed since then. She is Canada's Head of State with the same Constitutional Authority as then. For a more recent example, when Prime Minister Harper asked the Governor General to prorogue Parliament to avoid losing a no confidence vote, she let him stew before consenting. When Prime Minister Clark asked the Governor General for a dissolution after losing a no confidence vote shortly after the 1979 election, the GG consented but warned him not to ask again. The Crown may not exercise power often but the power is there. It must be used delicately and never in any partisan manner. There is also the case of Governor General Sir John Kerr dismissing Prime Minister Gough Whitlam in Australia. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Army Guy said:

My oath was to the crown, which in todays world is just symbolic, neither the governor General or the Queen has power over the government period... we have several examples of this in our history, It was the PM office that mobilized military forces during OKA, during WWII parliament debated for well over a couple of weeks before decided to enter the war, if the Queen or crown was an essential piece at the time , Why the debate why the need for debate the Queen could have just ordered the mobilization and been done with it.. But that never happened.

The Government at the time wanted a modern Canadian flag, and if the other parties wanted to change it they could have done just that, but they did not, replacing the ensign was not about putting a liberal spin on our flag it was more about becoming a independent nation with very little connection to the Queen mother or Britain. 

But hey don't trust me , l goggle that shit, see for yourself see if you can find your version in any history book. 

Why is there not an example in our entire history of the Governor General or the Queen over riding any of the PM 's wishes or orders. there is none, 

the government only gets to decide the things that the Crown delegates to them

power flows from the Crown to the government, not the other way around

that is how Canada works and just because the Crown chooses to delegate plenty of things to the government

doesn't mean the Crown isn't the source of power and authority

Canada is not an independent nation whose connection to the Crown and Britain should be downplayed

that is a Liberal spin on Canadian history

and it's a lie that serves the Liberal narrative at the expense of the truth, which you parrot in your above post

and that lie is represented by the flag

 

Canada's connection to Britain and The Crown is the real Canada

the "independent" Canada you are invoking is a fake and gay cover up of the real deal

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/7/2021 at 3:13 PM, Queenmandy85 said:

The customs scandal. MacKenzie King wanted to avoid a vote of censure and asked the GG for an election. The GG refused. King resigned and the Governor General asked Meighen to form a government.

MY bad Queen, your right and i'm wrong, that being said it is very rare.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

the government only gets to decide the things that the Crown delegates to them

power flows from the Crown to the government, not the other way around

that is how Canada works and just because the Crown chooses to delegate plenty of things to the government

doesn't mean the Crown isn't the source of power and authority

Canada is not an independent nation whose connection to the Crown and Britain should be downplayed

that is a Liberal spin on Canadian history

and it's a lie that serves the Liberal narrative at the expense of the truth, which you parrot in your above post

and that lie is represented by the flag

 

Canada's connection to Britain and The Crown is the real Canada

the "independent" Canada you are invoking is a fake and gay cover up of the real deal

Hey just got back from the weed store, what was i thinking ?  it is all starting to make sense now... man your right, what a conspiracy theory, the LGBTQ ( sorry if i messed that up) are running the country ,i knew Justins hair was to good to be straight... you got a link to all of that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Hey just got back from the weed store, what was i thinking ?  it is all starting to make sense now... man your right, what a conspiracy theory, the LGBTQ ( sorry if i messed that up) are running the country ,i knew Justins hair was to good to be straight... you got a link to all of that.

what do you need a link for?

1) Canada being a monarchy is basic civics, look at the structure of the government and notice how the Crown is placed at the top

notice how everyone who swears an oath is swearing that oath to the Crown and not the Canadian people, or the PM or the government

those who make up the government also swear an oath to the Crown

the Crown is clearly at the top of the legal and power structure, with all power flowing from the Crown

the Crown allowing others to execute it's power and authority on it's behalf

hardly makes the Crown just a mere symbol

2) the old flag had a connection to Britain and the monarchy on it

the new flag changed the colors and removed the traditional connections from the flag

it is obvious they wished to upsell Canada's fake and gay "independence" with that move

and downplay the traditions built into the very foundations of Canada with that move

you even said as much yourself

today most Canadians now think fake and gay Canada is the real Canada and think the real Canada is a fairy tale

that's rather deliberate

the Nazi's did the same thing in 1935 when the changed the German flag to a swastika and removed the connections to tradition from the flag

Canada just did it 30 years later, and apparently hardly anyone noticed the parallels

denying Canada's true history in favor of social history vignettes is the only "history" Canadians seem to know these days

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The problem is that a fringe of Canadian elites squandered Canada’s real mid-20th century success.   We’re reaping what was sewn by giving into Quebec’s demand for asymmetric federalism and the multiculturalism that was used to offset it and develop modern Canada.  Pacifism and the dismantling of our military is also haunting us as it’s become harder to develop any independent economic policy.

Basically Canada is leaning heavily on her reputation of tolerance and growth through immigration.  People from around the world want to be here and there’s much to enjoy.   The downside is a radical shift away from the traditional forces that built Canada (which were strong and largely admirable relative to other international forces), overpriced housing, greater dependence on foreign powers, and a rudderless leadership that over-promises and empowers radical forces that undermine national unity and pride.

Trudeau has created three-tier citizenship based on race and ethnicity.  Indigenous have the most rights and privileges.   They pay the least taxes and receive the most tax money and respect of any cultural group.  Quebec is second, receiving more independence and federal money per capital than any other large province.  At the bottom is everyone else.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,752
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    Dorai
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • paradox34 went up a rank
      Explorer
    • Venandi earned a badge
      Very Popular
    • CrazyCanuck89 earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • CDN1 went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • DUI_Offender went up a rank
      Proficient
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...