Why Canadians re-elected a Liberal government?

1 minute ago, EastCanada90 said:

she got hounded   by ei for being on it 2 weeks is what your saying?

Yes they sat her down and warned her she better be looking for a job.  Again the left shows its preference for the hardly working over the hard working.  My wife has a work ethic and found a job. Something fishermen in the East need to do.

Just now, Faramir said:

Yes they sat her down and warned her she better be looking for a job.  Again the left shows its preference for the hardly working over the hard working.  My wife has a work ethic and found a job. Something fishermen in the East need to do.

well  she  just got unlucky by the sounds of it. what province? i know people on ei in alberta who didnt get called in  on 2w eeks lol.

1 minute ago, EastCanada90 said:

well  she  just got unlucky by the sounds of it. what province? i know people on ei in alberta who didnt get called in  on 2w eeks lol.

BC, yup she got the TALK.  If they found out she wasn't looking for work she would be committing fraud and could get a criminal record, ect....

27 minutes ago, Faramir said:

You are not a racist if you vote liberal. 

I don't think you're a racist for not wanting Prime Minister clown show who likes to dress up and at one time enjoyed black-face costumes  to be represented as your leader. 

I just think it shows you're not so easily led by the nose by government paid media. And without Ontario (and OK, maybe Quebec too) we as Canadians wouldn't have to be. This election was an argument for western separation.

1 minute ago, Infidel Dog said:

I don't think you're a racist for not wanting Prime Minister clown show who likes to dress up and at one time enjoyed black-face costumes  to be represented as your leader. 

I just think it shows you're not so easily led by the nose by government paid media. And without Ontario (and OK, maybe Quebec too) we as Canadians wouldn't have to be. This election was an argument for western separation.

go ahead seperate we won't miss you lol.. AB/sask can go anytime they want as a easterner i will even support your campaign  to leave if it starts ?

2 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

3 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

I was being sarcastic. ?.  Liberals can somehow get away with racism.  But want to control say immigration at the southern border like Trump wanted to suddenly you are a rabid racist.  The left throws around the label with very little justification.  But excuse the shiny pony when he does it.

The weirdest part of the election was watching last night, seeing the updates every minute or so, watching the gap between popular vote grow for the conservatives but at the same time, watching the seats won growing for the liberals.  It was really bizarre.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Sorry, I think you misunderstand me. I don't want to separate from Canada. I want to kick you out.

And if Quebec really wants to join you I'm willing to help them pack. 

I agree.  Leftists who have ruined always ask why I don’t leave.  Why should I leave?  One good note is Quebecois are losing the demographics game.  As other provinces increase their populations, PQ loses more.  Eventually they will be of little consequence.

32 minutes ago, EastCanada90 said:

go ahead seperate we won't miss you lol.. AB/sask can go anytime they want as a easterner i will even support your campaign  to leave if it starts ?

Be careful what you wish for. If they go that means fewer people to carry the financial load in this country. Those would be the people that subsidize Quebec and Atlantic Canada. Just saying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

He had no choice. Nobody could have known about the pandemic. It hit the whole world real hard and all major industrial countries borrowed heavily many  hundreds of billions so that their badly hit nations could survive the storm. . He had to support Canadians in a very bad time. Any other party in power would have done the same.

If you want to be that way, Harper had no choice after  the 2008 financial meltdown. The opposition parties were telling him to spend more.

Trudeau has gone overboard, spending far more than other countries. He is still printing 2 billion a week of new money. Money without an increase in GDP to justify it and people say, why is there inflation and why isn't my money worth as much. Duh. I believe him completely when he says he doesn't think about economic policy.

1 minute ago, TreeBeard said:

Do you think any province leaving Confederation is a realistic outcome in the foreseeable future?

It's not my preference although I am sick of Quebec using the threat of separation for their own benefit. In their case it has worked tremendously in their favour. And I understand why the western provinces are frustrated too. The Liberal attitude has always been "screw the west, we'll take the rest!" Unity is something of a problem when the whole country primarily revolves around Ontario and Quebec.

8 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Without the massive spending to support people and businesses during the pandemic, we would be in an economic wasteland. China did not "unleash" covid 19, it was where the virus first infected humans. China didn't have much say in the matter. 

People seem to forget Prime Minister Harper inherited a healthy surplus from the Liberals and took us into massive deficit with nothing to show for it.

Lets be fair there was a finical crises at the time, and spending was called for by all sides....including the liberals...But no one has spent 368 bil dollars in less than a year ever...and if harpers debt was massive, in comparison then justins spending is galactic, and with very little to show for it...

23 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Do you think any province leaving Confederation is a realistic outcome in the foreseeable future?

Considering Canadians are not "doers" and lets be frank not ones to put themselves out there, it is never going to happen.  What will happen is Canada will become more and more lawless as we let in move Syrian and other muslim welfare recipients into Canada.

3 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

He had no choice. Nobody could have known about the pandemic. It hit the whole world real hard and all major industrial countries borrowed heavily many  hundreds of billions so that their badly hit nations could survive the storm. . He had to support Canadians in a very bad time. Any other party in power would have done the same.

Has anyone seen the costing on where all this billions was spent , because cerb and business loans account for less than 1/2 of the total debt. and these benefits are now causing the lack of employees because they are still getting it, for doing nothing. And i agree most people will agree with the required assistance and glad it was there, but most of the country has been back to work for months now, and the government keeps on paying...

10 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Lets be fair there was a finical crises at the time, and spending was called for by all sides....including the liberals...But no one has spent 368 bil dollars in less than a year ever...and if harpers debt was massive, in comparison then justins spending is galactic, and with very little to show for it...

368.  I couldn't believe it when I saw it. I hadn't been following Canada for some time, and was like "are you freaking kidding me?"

1 minute ago, Army Guy said:

Has anyone seen the costing on where all this billions was spent , because cerb and business loans account for less than 1/2 of the total debt. and these benefits are now causing the lack of employees because they are still getting it, for doing nothing. And i agree most people will agree with the required assistance and glad it was there, but most of the country has been back to work for months now, and the government keeps on paying...

That is what I can’t get my head around.  Are there so many jobs now because of the unemployment rate improving.  Or is it a function of people not wanting to come off CERB?

34 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

There is a growing interest in leaving in the west, and Quebec it is still a concern but not very probable right now. But this entire nation is fractured into to many groups, and while it is not anticipated to happen any time soon, it is not imposable and when it does happen i think there will be a complete facture, with the west leaving , Quebec, leaving the others flapping in the wind...

12 minutes ago, Faramir said:

That is what I can’t get my head around.  Are there so many jobs now because of the unemployment rate improving.  Or is it a function of people not wanting to come off CERB?

Lots of stores here in NB are running at reduced capacity due to lack of employees, lots of jobs available in the service sector, but why work when you can make just as much on cerb for doing nothing... CERB is suppose to end in end Sept, but every time it comes near to ending the liberals extend it...there is a lot of teenagers and still living at home collecting CERB...

19 minutes ago, Faramir said:

Considering Canadians are not "doers" and lets be frank not ones to put themselves out there, it is never going to happen.  What will happen is Canada will become more and more lawless as we let in move Syrian and other muslim welfare recipients into Canada.

Most immigrants actually do well, with employment, there are issues at the start, as with anyone really but they do not even compare to the Canadians that take advantage and live on welfare or collect poggy as a way of life...