Jump to content

Why Canadians re-elected a Liberal government?


CITIZEN_2015

Recommended Posts

A minority Liberal government was elected in 2019 and Canadians have been in hell ever since then. With pandemic starting soon after followed by lockdowns, people losing their jobs and businesses and closures and housing prices through the roof, ballooning Federal budget deficit of close to 500 billion and then health crises as ICUs were filled up by Covid patients and economic crises and then rapidly rising inflation followed by a fourth wave at the end and suddenly the Liberal leader calling an election with all of above asking to re-elect them with a majority!!!!!, say what? So why do you think Canadians re-elected a Liberal government?

I think mainly because the country (the whole world) was in a pandemic and economic crisis and a change of government usually in a crisis is not wise. People are afraid to change governing authorities in a crisis. Second and equally important Trudeau's government did a great job in securing enough vaccines and early for every Canadian who wishes to be vaccinated (better than any other foreign government) so a good majority of eligible voters (about 80%) who took advantage of vaccines were pleased with Liberal government's records on vaccines not to mention significant reductions in new hospitalization and death that followed. Then Liberals promised many extra billions on Health care and unlike Conservatives it was immediate help as the system tries to recover from the shock of pandemic. Many Canadians who took advantage of cerb were grateful to Liberal program at the time of need. Last but not least the manner in which the anti-Trudeau crowd behaved did not help his opponents at all. 

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It should be remembered that Trudeau initially tried to get a vaccine deal with...China. Yes that China, the country that unleashed Covid on the world and has yet to pay any price. The massive giveaway of "free" money most certainly helped him as most of his fan base fall for his lines and have little to no understanding about where governments actually get their money.

Trudeau: "WE TOOK ON DEBT SO CANADIANS DIDN'T HAVE TO" - ProudToBeCanadian

You should realize by now that Justin Trudeau does not have to deliver on any of his promises. History proves that all he needs to do is preen for the cameras and keep breaking celebrity records for selfies.

The bar has never been set lower in this country for a politician.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, ironstone said:

It should be remembered that Trudeau initially tried to get a vaccine deal with...China. Yes that China, the country that unleashed Covid on the world and has yet to pay any price. The massive giveaway of "free" money most certainly helped him as most of his fan base fall for his lines and have little to no understanding about where governments actually get their money.

Trudeau: "WE TOOK ON DEBT SO CANADIANS DIDN'T HAVE TO" - ProudToBeCanadian

You should realize by now that Justin Trudeau does not have to deliver on any of his promises. History proves that all he needs to do is preen for the cameras and keep breaking celebrity records for selfies.

The bar has never been set lower in this country for a politician.

it was much lower when the people elected harper for almost 10 years..  trudeau ain't perfect but is a saint compared to that heartless  man who only cared about the west

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, EastCanada90 said:

it was much lower when the people elected harper for almost 10 years..  trudeau ain't perfect but is a saint compared to that heartless  man who only cared about the west

Can you be specific and name the things that heartless Harper did during that time that you didn't like? And your attitude falls squarely into the typical leftist mindset in that you think Canada only revolves around the east while ignoring the contributions of the west.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Because 600 M entirely unnecessary election, crumbling healthcare system, debt, housing crisis etc wasn't enough to wake the populace from bicentennial slumber? One has to wonder now if anything would? This was an expensive but necessary exam. Now we know something new.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ironstone said:

Can you be specific and name the things that heartless Harper did during that time that you didn't like? And your attitude falls squarely into the typical leftist mindset in that you think Canada only revolves around the east while ignoring the contributions of the west.

lets see   wanting more pipelines.. closing vets offices   calling the east coast a culture of defeatism so basically lazy..   OH and lets not forget the coward trying to raise old age to 67 and announcing it in another country first lol... plenty of reasons not to like the man.. its why he went 0 for 32 in 2015. and yea your right i dont like the west (alberta and sask to be specific ) nor  do i respect them tbh they always crying for something. only good thing is kenney looks like he will be gone  and hopefully  ndp gets back power in AB.

Edited by EastCanada90
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Without the massive spending to support people and businesses during the pandemic, we would be in an economic wasteland. China did not "unleash" covid 19, it was where the virus first infected humans. China didn't have much say in the matter. 

People seem to forget Prime Minister Harper inherited a healthy surplus from the Liberals and took us into massive deficit with nothing to show for it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, ironstone said:

Can you be specific and name the things that heartless Harper did during that time that you didn't like?

Lack of an effective climate change policy, deficits with nothing to show for it. Trudeau's climate action was no better.

Edited by Queenmandy85
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hear a lot of people whining that this election was unnecessary. That is incorrect. We all heard a lot of voters who were unhappy with Prime Minister Trudeau. By calling this election, we had the opportunity to replace him. This was their big chance. If you didn't like the government, you wanted this election.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Lack of an effective climate change policy, deficits with nothing to show for it. Trudeau's climate action was no better.

Any thoughts as to the deficits under Trudeau? Massively larger deficits and debt actually. Have emissions dropped under Trudeau?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, myata said:

What if we wanted not show elections but a real choice? But yes sure that would have to be another, different us.

If you don't like the choice, you always have the opportunity to put up someone you do like. Did you campaign in the last leadership races for someone you liked?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

If you don't like the choice, you always have the opportunity to put up someone you do like. Did you campaign in the last leadership races for someone you liked?

I didn't mean a face on a sticker campaigning but OK don't fix it that argument can only be tested with practical experience. We'll just have to defer the conclusion for another couple of decades. I wonder what Canada would look by then, post secondary tuition, healthcare, house prices municipal taxes, etc MP salary. Will it be further away from Mexico's or much closer?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Otoole did well. From a unknown and 15 pts back to keeping it a minority. The party needs to get back to centre which he tried to do. But you don't change a party in 36 days.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Without the massive spending to support people and businesses during the pandemic, we would be in an economic wasteland. China did not "unleash" covid 19, it was where the virus first infected humans. China didn't have much say in the matter. 

People seem to forget Prime Minister Harper inherited a healthy surplus from the Liberals and took us into massive deficit with nothing to show for it.

We don't know to this day whether it came from one of those disease breeding wet markets or the disease breeding Wuhan lab. China was certainly not open and transparent with the rest of the world while this thing was rapidly spreading but that's par for the course for a Communist country.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Without the massive spending to support people and businesses during the pandemic, we would be in an economic wasteland. China did not "unleash" covid 19, it was where the virus first infected humans. China didn't have much say in the matter. 

People seem to forget Prime Minister Harper inherited a healthy surplus from the Liberals and took us into massive deficit with nothing to show for it.

Trudeau has doubled the debt in 18 months and is printing 2 billion a week. There will be a reckoning. He added over 100 billion to the debt before COVID.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Trudeau has doubled the debt in 18 months and is printing 2 billion a week. There will be a reckoning. He added over 100 billion to the debt  

He had no choice. Nobody could have known about the pandemic. It hit the whole world real hard and all major industrial countries borrowed heavily many  hundreds of billions so that their badly hit nations could survive the storm. . He had to support Canadians in a very bad time. Any other party in power would have done the same.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

A minority Liberal government was elected in 2019 and Canadians have been in hell ever since then. With pandemic starting soon after followed by lockdowns, people losing their jobs and businesses and closures and housing prices through the roof, ballooning Federal budget deficit of close to 500 billion and then health crises as ICUs were filled up by Covid patients and economic crises and then rapidly rising inflation followed by a fourth wave at the end and suddenly the Liberal leader calling an election with all of above asking to re-elect them with a majority!!!!!, say what? So why do you think Canadians re-elected a Liberal government?

I think mainly because the country (the whole world) was in a pandemic and economic crisis and a change of government usually in a crisis is not wise. People are afraid to change governing authorities in a crisis. Second and equally important Trudeau's government did a great job in securing enough vaccines and early for every Canadian who wishes to be vaccinated (better than any other foreign government) so a good majority of eligible voters (about 80%) who took advantage of vaccines were pleased with Liberal government's records on vaccines not to mention significant reductions in new hospitalization and death that followed. Then Liberals promised many extra billions on Health care and unlike Conservatives it was immediate help as the system tries to recover from the shock of pandemic. Many Canadians who took advantage of cerb were grateful to Liberal program at the time of need. Last but not least the manner in which the anti-Trudeau crowd behaved did not help his opponents at all. 

Well I despise Trudeau but I think the fact really is 2 in 3 Canadians are looney left wingers.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, EastCanada90 said:

lets see   wanting more pipelines.. closing vets offices   calling the east coast a culture of defeatism so basically lazy..   OH and lets not forget the coward trying to raise old age to 67 and announcing it in another country first lol... plenty of reasons not to like the man.. its why he went 0 for 32 in 2015. and yea your right i dont like the west (alberta and sask to be specific ) nor  do i respect them tbh they always crying for something. only good thing is kenney looks like he will be gone  and hopefully  ndp gets back power in AB.

The feeling is mutual dirt bag

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Without the massive spending to support people and businesses during the pandemic, we would be in an economic wasteland. China did not "unleash" covid 19, it was where the virus first infected humans. China didn't have much say in the matter. 

People seem to forget Prime Minister Harper inherited a healthy surplus from the Liberals and took us into massive deficit with nothing to show for it.

You will justify anything. 300 billion in debt was NOT neccessary.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...