Ontario needs to invest in EVs as a realistic Option.

1 minute ago, Boges said:

You really have no evidence to base your doomsday theories. 

Other than in far remote areas, please cite areas in Canada that have big problems generating power. I've also noted that Canada's grid is quite clean already. 

Most auto-makers are already pledging to move towards an electrified future. So it's not just governments. 

Also, you're in denial but it's not Carbon taxes that's causing the prices we're seeing now. It's profit taking by the Oil companies. You don't accept it because you're blinded by hate for any form of governments moving the public in a certain direction. 

Why should polluting be free? 

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/energy-environment/daily-on-energy-the-power-shortage-threat

Not JUST carbon taxes. When a government outright states that fossil fuels must be diminished, the fossil fuel industry hears them and stops investment. That's how business works. Same with auto makers.

Now...are you trying to contend that the current "clean energy" methods do not produce pollution?

4 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/energy-environment/daily-on-energy-the-power-shortage-threat

Not JUST carbon taxes. When a government outright states that fossil fuels must be diminished, the fossil fuel industry hears them and stops investment. That's how business works. Same with auto makers.

Those grid issues are a uniquely US problem. They fail to properly invest in infrastructure. Because FREEDOM!!!! 

See Texas' Blackout last year. There was ample warning that the grid was incapable of dealing with cold. Well guess what happened. 

Now...are you trying to contend that the current "clean energy" methods do not produce pollution?

No, but far less. There are drawbacks to all forms of energy. I think we should push forward with LNG investment. But the Tar Sands are a dirty an inefficient source of energy.

Hydro is excellent in Canada and Nuclear should also be a realistic option. 

One that can easily be killed by OPEC nations playing with pricing, if they choose. 

13 minutes ago, Boges said:

Those grid issues are a uniquely US problem. They fail to properly invest in infrastructure. Because FREEDOM!!!! 

See Texas' Blackout last year. There was ample warning that the grid was incapable of dealing with cold. Well guess what happened. 

No, but far less. There are drawbacks to all forms of energy. I think we should push forward with LNG investment. But the Tar Sands are a dirty an inefficient source of energy.

Hydro is excellent in Canada and Nuclear should also be a realistic option. 

One that can easily be killed by OPEC nations playing with pricing, if they choose. 

Midcontinent Independent System Operator, which manages the grid in 15 states and Manitoba, has 2.3% less generation capacity than it did last summer and therefore faces “high risk of energy emergencies during peak summer conditions,”

This is only the beginning. It'll get worse if we don't smarten up.

You say you think we should invest in natural gas and nuclear. Fine...that investment will take several years to develop. Until then...what? We have a problem NOW! How would you explain to Canadians that they have no power?

"Well...at least there's less Carbon in the atmosphere."

Ya...that'll fly.

https://www.canadianminingjournal.com/news/transaltas-plan-to-shut-down-coal-natural-gas-generation/

and I say...hey greenies! Enjoy that...ya fucking destructive morons!

11 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

This is only the beginning. It'll get worse if we don't smarten up.

You say you think we should invest in natural gas and nuclear. Fine...that investment will take several years to develop. Until then...what? We have a problem NOW! How would you explain to Canadians that they have no power?

"Well...at least there's less Carbon in the atmosphere."

Ya...that'll fly.

https://www.canadianminingjournal.com/news/transaltas-plan-to-shut-down-coal-natural-gas-generation/

and I say...hey greenies! Enjoy that...ya fucking destructive morons!

Ontario is already there. 

Only backwater Prairie provinces and New Brunswick will use Coal. 

This has nothing to do with Infrastructure for EVs BTW. I'll assume you're not fully educated on how EVs work to comment. 

3 minutes ago, Boges said:

Ontario is already there. 

Only backwater Prairie provinces and New Brunswick will use Coal. 

This has nothing to do with Infrastructure for EVs BTW. I'll assume you're not fully educated on how EVs work to comment. 

Huh...The Greenie dodges the issues so he can espouse the virtues of EVs.

I told you. If you want an EV...have a ball. I don't want one. Not yet. The infrastructure isn't present yet.

In the mean time...the parts of Canada that will suffer due to Green stupidity...wish to tell you to go fuck yourself. Your self-centred ideology and lack of patriotism is well noted.

4 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Huh...The Greenie dodges the issues so he can espouse the virtues of EVs.

I told you. If you want an EV...have a ball. I don't want one. Not yet. The infrastructure isn't present yet.

Well that's what this thread is about. And if you own a Single family home, you can easily get infrastructure

In the mean time...the parts of Canada that will suffer due to Green stupidity...wish to tell you to go fuck yourself. Your self-centred ideology and lack of patriotism is well noted.

How is Ontario suffering from moving away from Coal? 

Just now, Boges said:

Well that's what this thread is about. And if you own a Single family home, you can easily get infrastructure

How is Ontario suffering from moving away from Coal? 

Ontario is 1 of 10 provinces and 2 territories, dingle-balls!

Just like a Libbie...no real concern for anything or anyone outside their immediate vicinity. You're such a bloody hypocrite. You don't give a rat's ass about the whole of Canada...just your own back yard.

16 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Ontario is 1 of 10 provinces and 2 territories, dingle-balls!

Just like a Libbie...no real concern for anything or anyone outside their immediate vicinity. You're such a bloody hypocrite. You don't give a rat's ass about the whole of Canada...just your own back yard.

Again with the Ad Hominem. 

Only four provinces still use Coal And they all have strategies to mostly move off of Coal within the decade. 
https://www.cer-rec.gc.ca/en/data-analysis/energy-markets/market-snapshots/2020/market-snapshot-canadas-retiring-coal-fired-power-plants-will-be-replaced-renewable-low-carbon-energy-sources.html

So you're only four of 6! Dingle-Balls! 

Edited by Boges

3 minutes ago, Boges said:

Only 40% of our provinces? Well hell then. Leave them out to bake...or freeze. Who cares...right?

I mean...they're just "backwater" provinces and don't count...right?

Enjoy your EV, but although it may say so on your birth certificate or some such other document...do us all a favour and don't call yourself "Canadian". Because your just not.

Just now, Nationalist said:

Only 40% of our provinces? Well hell then. Leave them out to bake...or freeze. Who cares...right?

I mean...they're just "backwater" provinces and don't count...right?

They all have strategies to move off of Coal. Does that piss you off? 

Enjoy your EV, but although it may say so on your birth certificate or some such other document...do us all a favour and don't call yourself "Canadian". Because your just not.

I don't particularly think you are the arbiter of what a Canadian is. 

They all have strategies to move off of Coal. Does that piss you off? 

I don't particularly think you are the arbiter of what a Canadian is. 

If they do so before securing a replacement...yes. It would piss me off. It would exhibit very shortsightedness and a complete lack of concern for the populace.

LOL...well Jr...YOU certainly aren't.

1 minute ago, Nationalist said:

If they do so before securing a replacement...yes. It would piss me off. It would exhibit very shortsightedness and a complete lack of concern for the populace.

The replacement is LNG, haven't you been paying attention? 

LOL...well Jr...YOU certainly aren't.

Sure thing skip ?

Saskatchewan currently has one coal-fired generation station that is equipped with carbon capture and storage technology.Footnote3 In the projection period, Saskatchewan’s retiring coal is replaced by a growing share of renewables. By 2030, renewables supply over 40% of the province’s electricity demand. Saskatchewan also plans to purchase over 300 MW of hydroelectric power from Manitoba starting in 2022. New Brunswick and Nova Scotia plan to add wind, expand hydro units, and purchase hydroelectricity from Newfoundland and Labrador, who is now connected to their electricity markets by the Maritime Link transmission line.

I imagine Nationalist looking for Kittens to punch. 

Edited by Boges

Just now, Boges said:

The replacement is LNG, haven't you been paying attention? 

Sure thing skip ?

Oh I've been paying attention all righty.

And I hope all my fellow Canadians have been paying attention too.

Your attitude is why there is so much animosity towards Ontario. You think its the only province that counts. But you Jr...are not a "Canadian". You are a self-centred little shit, who is corrosive to this nation.

So enjoy your expensive toy son. And do try to NOT travel to any of those "backwater" provinces. Your attitude would likely get you in some rather uncomfy situations.

3 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Oh I've been paying attention all righty.

And I hope all my fellow Canadians have been paying attention too.

Your attitude is why there is so much animosity towards Ontario. You think its the only province that counts.

And BC, and Quebec, and PEI and Manitoba and Newfoundland. 

But you Jr...are not a "Canadian". You are a self-centred little shit, who is corrosive to this nation.

So who is Canadian? Only those that embrace Coal? 

So enjoy your expensive toy son. And do try to NOT travel to any of those "backwater" provinces. Your attitude would likely get you in some rather uncomfy situations.

Sounds like an awful place to visit. Is that part of your tourism strategy? 

• Haha 1

And BC, and Quebec, and PEI and Manitoba and Newfoundland. 

So who is Canadian? Only those that embrace Coal? 

Sounds like an awful place to visit. Is that part of your tourism strategy? 

Huh...

No sweetie...a "Canadian" is concerned for all of Canada. A "Canadian" doesn't toss 40% of our provinces under the bus. They value every province and territory.

LOL...I was born in Lethbridge. Much of my family is still there. farmers, mechanics, oil patch workers, welders, etc...Its a nice place with mostly nice, welcoming folks. You'd hate it...and I figure it would take about 10 minutes for the typical resident of Lethbridge...to politely ask you to vacate...before they introduce you to the floor with prejudice.

Mobilfunk: Stromsparmaßnahmen der Betreiber sorgen für Bandbreitenärger bei Kunden - Telekom - derStandard.at › Web

Austria Cellphone companies (T-Mobile, A1 etc.) are shutting down part of their mobile internet services during night hours to save electricity. Since about two weeks now, the Russian natural gas supply for Austria (80% dependence on RU Gas) got reduced to about 40% of the agreed volume. This is enough to serve the industry and private households on a daily basis, however it is impossible now to completely fill up the natural gas storage facilities for the winter.

This info from a customer of ours in Austria:

Our government is desperate, they now started to reactivate an old coal powerplant to avoid power outages.

In Germany they are forced to reduce the output of several nuclear power plants because of a drought. The power plants require a lot of fresh water from the rivers to maintain the cooling system, but a lot of the rivers in Germany and also in Italy are way below their usual water capacity. If this goes on, we will face power outages all over Europa within weeks.

Our government is warning: prepare for blackouts and brownouts during summer season!

Now they are starting to enforce power saving measures such as speed limits on the highways, shutting down cinemas, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, shutting down ski lifts and not essential railway connections.

They are running out of energy. Russia does not have to fire one missile to European countries, if they just cut off the Gas and Oil supply, we are done! Experts here are predicting that they will shut everything down if the situation in Kaliningrad escalates further. But our politicians hanging on to their course against Russia, no matter what.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Mobilfunk: Stromsparmaßnahmen der Betreiber sorgen für Bandbreitenärger bei Kunden - Telekom - derStandard.at › Web

Austria Cellphone companies (T-Mobile, A1 etc.) are shutting down part of their mobile internet services during night hours to save electricity. Since about two weeks now, the Russian natural gas supply for Austria (80% dependence on RU Gas) got reduced to about 40% of the agreed volume. This is enough to serve the industry and private households on a daily basis, however it is impossible now to completely fill up the natural gas storage facilities for the winter.

This info from a customer of ours in Austria:

Stupid is as stupid does.

Hey I know...let's hear it for Globalism! Isn't this situation wonderful? I mean...who doesn't like to freeze? Hell Austrians should be used to the cold...no?

When you dismantle the local infrastructure and begin to buy your means of energy from a given nation...its probably not a good idea to piss said nation off.

People of Austria...and most of Europe: YOU'VE BEEN HAD! This...American made theatre and the abject stupidity of forsaking your former means of powering your nations, has been an exercise in blatant STUPIDITY! Quit cowing to these Libbies and Greenies. They are only pawns for the globalist forces trying to assume control over you. If you need to fire up the old coal generators...do so now!

This dumb-ass shit needs to end.

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Huh...

No sweetie...a "Canadian" is concerned for all of Canada. A "Canadian" doesn't toss 40% of our provinces under the bus. They value every province and territory.

LOL...I was born in Lethbridge. Much of my family is still there. farmers, mechanics, oil patch workers, welders, etc...Its a nice place with mostly nice, welcoming folks. You'd hate it...and I figure it would take about 10 minutes for the typical resident of Lethbridge...to politely ask you to vacate...before they introduce you to the floor with prejudice.

It appears those provinces are mailing their own decisions regarding coal. 

17 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Stupid is as stupid does.

Hey I know...let's hear it for Globalism! Isn't this situation wonderful? I mean...who doesn't like to freeze? Hell Austrians should be used to the cold...no?

When you dismantle the local infrastructure and begin to buy your means of energy from a given nation...its probably not a good idea to piss said nation off.

People of Austria...and most of Europe: YOU'VE BEEN HAD! This...American made theatre and the abject stupidity of forsaking your former means of powering your nations, has been an exercise in blatant STUPIDITY! Quit cowing to these Libbies and Greenies. They are only pawns for the globalist forces trying to assume control over you. If you need to fire up the old coal generators...do so now!

This dumb-ass shit needs to end.

The issue has to do with Russia's invasion of Ukraine. 

Not any of the crap you're babbling about.