Ontario needs to invest in EVs as a realistic Option.

9 minutes ago, Boges said:

This shows your inability to converse on topics without descending into immature rhetoric. 

Even if 100% of Canadian power was generated with Natural Gas, it would still be better than Coal. 

If 100% of Canadian power were generated by Nat Gas, we wouldn't have the problems we do now.

But you've chosen to be a cheerleader for Pixie-Dust and his insane policies.

"AHHH...WE ALL GONNA DIIIEEE!"

Go play in the sandbox with the rest of the children and leave grown-up decisions to those who are...grown up.

There's a good Libbie...

3 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

You're clearly living in LalaLand.

A fantasy created for you so you can choke down the destruction of the global economy.

I feel sorry for you.

? I accept your surrender.

Don't actually present a clear argument, just throw out insults. 

Just now, Nationalist said:

If 100% of Canadian power were generated by Nat Gas, we wouldn't have the problems we do now.

But you've chosen to be a cheerleader for Pixie-Dust and his insane policies.

"AHHH...WE ALL GONNA DIIIEEE!"

Go play in the sandbox with the rest of the children and leave grown-up decisions to those who are...grown up.

There's a good Libbie...

What problems, re: Electricity generation do we have no pray-tell? 

I personally think re-investment in Nuclear would be a smart movie. 

Putting your head in the sand regarding climate change is ultimate useful idiot move. 

4 minutes ago, Boges said:

The F1 cars are Hybrid and they don't refuel mid-race like they used to. 

I'm not sure what Vettel did has anything to do with EVs. 

The Tar Sands are a particularly dirty way of extracting Oil. 

I think this link says more about F1 than just the race cars themselves.

The Logistics behind F1. How Formula 1 teams transport their… | by Roshni Iyengar | The Speedbox Chronicles | Medium

The Gigantic Carbon Footprint Of Formula One - CleanTechnica

1 minute ago, ironstone said:

I think this link says more about F1 than just the race cars themselves.

The Logistics behind F1. How Formula 1 teams transport their… | by Roshni Iyengar | The Speedbox Chronicles | Medium

The Gigantic Carbon Footprint Of Formula One - CleanTechnica

F1 knows these concerns. 

A lot of the races are grouped together to reduce transport costs. 

I think F1 has also pledged to use 100% renewable fuels in the near future. 

Since global warming is ostensibly a global problem I'm still left wondering how much Canada's actions will offset the rapidly rising emissions of China.

They won't. The fight against global warming rests entirely on western style democracies. Wow what a shock, didn't see that coming.

China is still building more and more coal fired plants on it's own soil, not to mention they are financing and building hundreds of others in other countries.

Commentary: China is building 184 coal plants - Guess what that will do to carbon emissions? - Canadian Energy Centre

I'm not suggesting Canada do nothing either but does anyone seriously think China is going to watch and emulate Canada?

Just now, ironstone said:

Since global warming is ostensibly a global problem I'm still left wondering how much Canada's actions will offset the rapidly rising emissions of China.

They won't. The fight against global warming rests entirely on western style democracies. Wow what a shock, didn't see that coming.

China is still building more and more coal fired plants on it's own soil, not to mention they are financing and building hundreds of others in other countries.

Commentary: China is building 184 coal plants - Guess what that will do to carbon emissions? - Canadian Energy Centre

I'm not suggesting Canada do nothing either but does anyone seriously think China is going to watch and emulate Canada?

Well since this is an EV thread. China is dominating the Battery manufacturing market. They are doing way more to force adoption to EVs as well. 

We have members like Nationalist belly-aching about Energy independence regarding Oil. How about some independence regarding the manufacturing and development of Lithium Io Batteries. 

Sitting on your hands because China still uses Coal for energy independence is typical Useful Idiot mentality. Moving away from Fossil Fuels is the ultimate investment in our future. 

8 minutes ago, Boges said:

F1 knows these concerns. 

A lot of the races are grouped together to reduce transport costs. 

I think F1 has also pledged to use 100% renewable fuels in the near future. 

Why is F1 not completely using battery power now with not an ICE engine to be found in any of their race cars? Why not build totally battery powered F1 cars while keeping all the races the same distance and number of laps? What is stopping them?

14 minutes ago, Boges said:

What problems, re: Electricity generation do we have no pray-tell? 

I personally think re-investment in Nuclear would be a smart movie. 

Putting your head in the sand regarding climate change is ultimate useful idiot move. 

Have I ever said I don't think the climate is changing a bit? No.

What I've said...which I guess I have to repeat for the more dense humans among us...is that only a complete idiot tosses out old shoes, before getting a new pair to wear.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Boges said:

Well since this is an EV thread. China is dominating the Battery manufacturing market. They are doing way more to force adoption to EVs as well. 

We have members like Nationalist belly-aching about Energy independence regarding Oil. How about some independence regarding the manufacturing and development of Lithium Io Batteries. 

Sitting on your hands because China still uses Coal for energy independence is typical Useful Idiot mentality. Moving away from Fossil Fuels is the ultimate investment in our future. 

Moving away from Fossil Fuels, before we have a reasonable and functional replacement is...STUPID!!!

1 minute ago, Boges said:

So we shouldn't bat an eye about China's massive reliance on coal because that's useful idiot mentality?

And we shouldn't bat an eye about most of our solar panels and wind turbines coming from China?

Most of the rare earth minerals are going to be coming from..you guessed it..China. And once again we should not be concerned? Canada will likely lag behind here too because aren't environmentalists strongly opposed to mining on Canadian soil?

From a global perspective are you more concerned about Canadian or Chinese emissions right now?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ironstone said:

So we shouldn't bat an eye about China's massive reliance on coal because that's useful idiot mentality?

And we shouldn't bat an eye about most of our solar panels and wind turbines coming from China?

Most of the rare earth minerals are going to be coming from..you guessed it..China. And once again we should not be concerned? Canada will likely lag behind here too because aren't environmentalists strongly opposed to mining on Canadian soil?

From a global perspective are you more concerned about Canadian or Chinese emissions right now?

Well Doug Ford was recently re-elected with new seats in Northern Ontario because he's pledged to mine for some of these rare Earth Minerals. 

China is dealing with this problem of dragging people out of poverty. But yes, their policies and emissions are a problem. But it's a useful idiot mentality to state that they need to stop building coal before we move past our reliance on Fossil Fuels. 

It's an excuse just to stay stay status quo. 

10 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Have I ever said I don't think the climate is changing a bit? No.

What I've said...which I guess I have to repeat for the more dense humans among us...is that only a complete idiot tosses out old shoes, before getting a new pair to wear.

I think we're seeing an orderly transition into cleaner forms of electricity and fuel.

Natural Gas is a a great transitional fuel, so is Nuclear. 

I don't see anyone saying we need EVs and Solar Panels tomorrow. But haven't you noticed more Teslas on the road lately? 

2 minutes ago, Boges said:

I think we're seeing an orderly transition into cleaner forms of electricity and fuel.

Natural Gas is a a great transitional fuel, so is Nuclear. 

I don't see anyone saying we need EVs and Solar Panels tomorrow. But haven't you noticed more Teslas on the road lately? 

Orderly? Have you seen your heating bill lately? Seen the price of gas lately?

Fools should be seen and not heard...or taken seriously.

1 minute ago, Nationalist said:

Orderly? Have you seen your heating bill lately? Seen the price of gas lately?

Fools should be seen and not heard...or taken seriously.

Heating Bill is still quite manageable. 

Price of Gas would be a concern if I didn't invest in an EV. But again, the Carbon taxes are only a small percentage of the price of gas we see now. The vast majority is profit taking from Oil Companies. 

You'll see prices slowly go down now because the prices have likely curtailed consumption. 

10 minutes ago, Boges said:

Well Doug Ford was recently re-elected with new seats in Northern Ontario because he's pledged to mine for some of these rare Earth Minerals. 

China is dealing with this problem of dragging people out of poverty. But yes, their policies and emissions are a problem. But it's a useful idiot mentality to state that they need to stop building coal before we move past our reliance on Fossil Fuels. 

It's an excuse just to stay stay status quo. 

Ok got it. China is still building coal plants on a massive scale because they don't have a viable replacement for an energy source at this time. I wonder how much of their energy needs could have been met with a cleaner source of energy like natural gas? 

I have no problem with anyone wanting to own an EV of course but I don't want to give them a big subsidy when buying the car either. It's astronomically costly to force people to buy these things when we don't have the infrastructure to support it nor the electrical capacity.

The world should not want to be reliant on China in any way.

Mining executives warn Ottawa about dependence on China for strategic minerals amid deteriorating relations | National Post

11 minutes ago, ironstone said:

Ok got it. China is still building coal plants on a massive scale because they don't have a viable replacement for an energy source at this time. I wonder how much of their energy needs could have been met with a cleaner source of energy like natural gas? 

I have no problem with anyone wanting to own an EV of course but I don't want to give them a big subsidy when buying the car either. It's astronomically costly to force people to buy these things when we don't have the infrastructure to support it nor the electrical capacity.

The world should not want to be reliant on China in any way.

Mining executives warn Ottawa about dependence on China for strategic minerals amid deteriorating relations | National Post

China owning the battery manufacturing industry is an example of them seeing the long game while we quibble on short term problems.

A subsidy for an EV and a Carbon Tax is meant to change behaviour. They do the same thing with Excise taxes on Tobacco. 

24 minutes ago, Boges said:

Heating Bill is still quite manageable. 

Price of Gas would be a concern if I didn't invest in an EV. But again, the Carbon taxes are only a small percentage of the price of gas we see now. The vast majority is profit taking from Oil Companies. 

You'll see prices slowly go down now because the prices have likely curtailed consumption. 

ROFLMAO!

As I said...LalaLand.

Son...you go ahead and continue to regurgitate the lies of the left.

And those of us with the capacity to see things for what they truly are...will give you the respect you deserve.

5 minutes ago, Boges said:

China owning the battery manufacturing industry is an example of them seeing the long game while we quibble on short term problems.

A subsidy for an EV and a Carbon Tax is meant to change behaviour. They do the same thing with Excise taxes on Tobacco. 

Meant to change behaviour?

FUCK your social engineering and...FUCK you too!

This horseshit is DUMB and UNACCEPTABLE!

2 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

ROFLMAO!

As I said...LalaLand.

Son...you go ahead and continue to regurgitate the lies of the left.

And those of us with the capacity to see things for what they truly are...will give you the respect you deserve.

Why bother with a post like this. It has no substance. No argument. It's just labelling me as a tool of the left. 

Quite tiresome. 

2 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Meant to change behaviour?

FUCK your social engineering and...FUCK you too!

This horseshit is DUMB and UNACCEPTABLE!

You feel the same about taxes on tobacco, I assume? 

Why should the price of pollution be free? 

You can always elect governments that share your Libertarian views. 

Edited by Boges

12 minutes ago, Boges said:

Why bother with a post like this. It has no substance. No argument. It's just labelling me as a tool of the left. 

Quite tiresome. 

Labelling horseshit...horseshit...is a "responsibility" as well as a "civic duty" in this case.

Don't like it? Quit trying to choke horseshit down people's throats.

3 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Labelling horseshit...horseshit...is a "responsibility" as well as a "civic duty" in this case.

Don't like it? Quit trying to choke horseshit down people's throats.

It's just boring rhetoric. Doesn't do anything for discourse.