Trumps "china virus" rhetoric fuels Asian hate crimes

The left in their march towards harmony want to drive a wedge between the Asian and Caucasian communities and create strife where there was none.

That's what they do...racism.

...and here's why. The last thing the left wants is the "Asians" and "White People" getting together in common cause and voting together...in harmony.

Edited by DogOnPorch

2 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

"They all look alike."

Remember that white guy that attacked the elderly Chinese lady in broad daylight while the white store owners shut their doors and refused to help her?

Me neither.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Aristides said:

The average person has no way of knowing if someone is Chinese, Japanese or Korean. I spent years there and find it difficult to tell unless I hear them speak their native language.

Agreed.  But that doesn’t mean we ignore the truth as to where the virus came from.  For example, we call out police brutality without any worry of anti-police violence it may cause. 

1 hour ago, Shady said:

Agreed.  But that doesn’t mean we ignore the truth as to where the virus came from.  For example, we call out police brutality without any worry of anti-police violence it may cause. 

So what does that have to do with your Korean next door neighbour who gets beat up, spat on or sworn at?

2 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

The virus came from a Red Chinese germ lab in Wuhan after acquiring samples of bat pathogen from countries like Canada.

In 1942 we confiscated the property of tens of thousands of Japanese Canadians and shipped them off to internment camps. Maybe we haven't changed that much after all.

8 minutes ago, Aristides said:

In 1942 we confiscated the property of tens of thousands of Japanese Canadians and shipped them off to internment camps. Maybe we haven't changed that much after all.

Yeah, the last few years have really opened my eyes as to how far we haven't come.  Had a much rosier view of Canadians and Americans in 2015.  C'est la vie, I guess.

16 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Yeah, the last few years have really opened my eyes as to how far we haven't come.  Had a much rosier view of Canadians and Americans in 2015.  C'est la vie, I guess.

Yes, because acknowledging where a virus originated is just like internment camps.  This is why nobody takes you people seriously anymore.  You’re all bat shit crazy.

• Like 1

Just now, Shady said:

Yes, because acknowledging where a virus originated is just like internment camps.  This is why nobody takes you people seriously anymore.  You’re all bat shit crazy.

Ya, like Canadian born citizens of Japanese descent were responsible for Pearl Harbor.

I don't know where your ancestors came from but I guess you would be fine with getting beat up because of something that happened in that country.

1 minute ago, Shady said:

Rhetoric like "it's their fault" is where it starts.  It takes a bit of time for a groundswell of hate and racism to build enough for a government to take action against a group.

Anyway, I was merely commenting on how my eyes have been opened as to how much hate exists in Canada and the States; I used to think we were much farther ahead of certain third world countries in that regard.  Fortunately, we have a Liberal gov and so it's unlikely that conservative tribalism will lead us into such government-sanctioned persecution.

6 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Blaming China for the virus, which we should do, doesn't mean a person is culpable for hate-crimes.  Trump never told anyone to hate on asian-Americans or blame them for anything.  He just told people to hate the CCP because of what they did.

Sure, but his rhetoric certainly didn't discourage it.  A leader should be able and willing to bring out the best in his followers, not the worst.  Trump brought out the worst.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Blaming China for the virus, which we should do, doesn't mean a person is culpable for hate-crimes.  Trump never told anyone to hate on asian-Americans or blame them for anything.  He just told people to hate the CCP because of what they did.

He didn't differentiate. In their minds his words legitimize their actions.

45 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Ya, like Canadian born citizens of Japanese descent were responsible for Pearl Harbor.

I don't know where your ancestors came from but I guess you would be fine with getting beat up because of something that happened in that country.

I thought that you were part of the "white people are guilty of slavery and systemic racism" crowd.

I must have been mistaken, because you'd have to be a complete retard to not see the similarity between stereotyping an entire race of people (based on flawed reasoning and incoherent idiocy) and stereotyping ex-pats from a specific country. 

Just now, WestCanMan said:

I thought that you were part of the "white people are guilty of slavery and systemic racism" crowd.

I must have been mistaken, because you'd have to be a complete retard to not see the similarity between stereotyping an entire race of people (based on flawed reasoning and incoherent idiocy) and stereotyping ex-pats from a specific country. 

WTF are you talking about. Do you honestly think the perpetrators of this violence bother to ask their victims where they were born or even care?

I know racism isn't an exclusively white thing. I spent a fair amount of time in Asia and experienced it myself, although it was more subtle.

Just now, WestCanMan said:

What is often left out of this tale of mass suffering is that there were certain elements in the Japanese diaspora that WERE sending intelligence back to Imperial Japan. Less so in Canada...but 5th column Japanese fishermen were instrumental in sounding the depths of Pearl Harbor for the IJN's shallow water torpedoes. This set off the internment fiasco.

5 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

What is often left out of this tale of mass suffering is that there were certain elements in the Japanese diaspora that WERE sending intelligence back to Imperial Japan. Less so in Canada...but 5th column Japanese fishermen were instrumental in sounding the depths of Pearl Harbor for the IJN's shallow water torpedoes. This set off the internment fiasco.

Gee, I didn't know there was such great fishing in Pearl Harbor and the navy would let you do it. LOL Learn something every day.

Edited by Aristides