The federal government is apparently racist

6 hours ago, Independent1986 said:

I listen to everyone especially to the people engarge of the masses on the communist side and fear mongering right.

As an individual I have to listen to what the sheep are up to. Is a self defensive mechanism. Someone in my position does not have the ability to join one side and be comfortable, I always have to watch the political spectrum to see where it stands.

I do not underestimate the power of groups and irrational thinking, just look at their track history, from communist atheists to religious fanatics, this is where it ends up.

I think the kind of immigration you value is the kind most Canadians support, people coming to achieve what they can, learn about the country, adapt to the prevailing customs and values, provide interesting cultural additions, and make some modest contributions to the country by being kind people.

Where I think we get resentment of immigrants from the mainstream has very little to do with race or other superficial markers.  I think it has to do with recently arrived immigrants who seem to disdain local customs and make people who have grown up here feel like there is something inherently wrong about the country and who they are.  Such attitudes undermine institutions and national pride, including the pride of immigrants in their new homeland.

It’s fine to be critical of a government and certain attitudes.  I find it problematic, however, when radical criticism comes from people who would not let their children marry Canadians because they were raised Christian or Jewish or Muslim or Buddhist.  They might criticize Canadia for supporting Israel because their home country is anti-Israeli, or they might slam Canada for not being pro-American or pro Israeli enough.  It’s the unwillingness to support the democratically chosen values of Canadian society, and it can lead to ghettoization or the phenomenon of segregation and a separate form of citizenship.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

On 6/15/2020 at 7:58 PM, Michael Hardner said:

I don't think that this opinion is unanimous.

How is any of that systemic racism that exists today?  2 hundred year old laws and some racist guy means the existence of racism in our country today?  Lol, this proves my point even more.  There is no systemic racism that can be illustrated in our country.  It’s all a fabrication.  

• Like 1

On 6/15/2020 at 5:21 PM, New World Disorder said:

It's interesting that people want to learn, but not do the legwork and do some reading n stuffs.  That's lazy.

The videos are actually as useless as one would expect them to be. 

It's like if I made a video about the moon landing with some model rockets and Tonka toys. 

1 hour ago, Shady said:

1. How is any of that systemic racism that exists today?  
2. ..some racist guy means the existence of racism in our country today?   
3. There is no systemic racism that can be illustrated in our country.  
4. It’s all a fabrication.  

1. I don't use the term 'systemic' because it's too nebulous.  But racisms exist, yes, for sure.
2. Well, yes, logically.  Yes.
3. I don't use the term 'systemic' because it's too nebulous. 
4. The systemic kind ?

3 hours ago, New World Disorder said:

So, what do we do about it?

Well, in the US, and to a certain degree in Canada, the main problem in the black community is fatherless children. So it seems to me the issue needs to be addressed with better birth control and sex education, and with somehow persuading young black males to help support and raise the children they father. And no, I don't really know how you do that.

So it seems that from the point of view of the NDP, anyone who denies systemic racism, which they can't even describe or locate, is a racist themselves. Witness Jagmeet Singh getting all sanctimonious and outraged in the House of Commons today and hurling the epithet at a BQ member who denied a majority in the voice vote to condemn Canada's systemic racism.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, eyeball said:

And you're still surprised so many people want to flee India?

That map reminds me of me trying to win a discrimination case against a bunch of East Indian crooks.  Didn't go through the courts, didn't go through the Human Rights Tribunal.

And I had proven it all with statistics, but either way, there was no hearing and presentation of evidence.

Still drives me mad thinking about it and how the crooks got away unscathed , save fro some minimal legal costs.

When they go against a white person they usually win, when a white person goes against them, it doesn't work at all!

But I can also say, I do not put any trust in that map.  Why are Megan and Harry in the States?  Because the Royal family wants nothing to do with the Black Heritage.

Edited by cougar

But I can also say, I do not put any trust in that map.  Why are Megan and Harry in the States?  Because the Royal family wants nothing to do with the Black Heritage.

Maybe it has to do with Canadians pissed off that may have to pay a few million on security....the same year Canada has put over 250 bil on the deficit, and we can not seem to find a few million to have our own royal couple here in Canada...

14 hours ago, eyeball said:

And you're still surprised so many people want to flee India?

You seem to be under the belief people are leaving India because of racism. I'm sure a few are, but I've seen zero evidence this is the inspiration for the vast majority - which appears to be economic.

10 hours ago, cougar said:

Why are Megan and Harry in the States?  Because the Royal family wants nothing to do with the Black Heritage.

My understanding was she was welcomed by the royals and it was the British press which drove them away.

9 hours ago, Argus said:

My understanding was she was welcomed by the royals and it was the British press which drove them away.

Even if that were true, it would now mean the British Press is racist and it probably caters to audience that is also racist.  Which again means that map shown is a pile of cow manure.

17 hours ago, cougar said:

Even if that were true, it would now mean the British Press is racist and it probably caters to audience that is also racist.  Which again means that map shown is a pile of cow manure.

You make an assumption and then dismiss a study out of hand. Sounds like you've already made up your mind.

The British press behaved abominably to the very blonde Princess Diana. Was that out of racism?

On 6/17/2020 at 6:03 PM, Argus said:

Well, in the US, and to a certain degree in Canada, the main problem in the black community is fatherless children. So it seems to me the issue needs to be addressed with better birth control and sex education, and with somehow persuading young black males to help support and raise the children they father. And no, I don't really know how you do that.

Shhh...  can't say that doncha know

NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh said:    I say - really?

"It pains me to say this because I've been very critical of Donald Trump. You know me, I've called him out. But President Trump has moved faster to bring in some changes, albeit not good enough. He has brought in more changes and more quickly than even the Prime Minister of Canada, Prime Minister Trudeau. That to me is very problematic."

Go 10:35 into video

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1752541763720

5 hours ago, Argus said:

The British press behaved abominably to the very blonde Princess Diana. Was that out of racism?

Could be. She had a boyfriend from Mid Easter origin.