Did Trudeau Fail His Country On Covid-19

Message added by Charles Anthony

The thread "Trudeau Government FAILED in Handling the Pandemic" was merged into this thread. 

Did Trudeau Fail His Country On Covid-19  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 minutes ago, PIK said:

Trudeau failed. He should have been a lot quicker on decisions and this not taking a test and staying with the wife is a joke.  He needs to do what all people want and call this a national problem and put all resources to work. The child tax credit will do nothing.

He is a mouthpiece. He takes the heat for the  bad decisions. Yes. .. but we are talking in hindsight. It makes it easier to second guess.  None of us trust our politicians. I agree with your comment but I still say he can only be a mouthpiece as government blunders its way to the right way. So I won't blame him on this one.

Edited by Rue

2 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Lying and making defamatory statements against people was wrong in 1935 and it’s still wrong. Period. 
That’s not lunacy. 

How do you defame a man who has had a reputation as a scumbag for a quarter century?

1 minute ago, Argus said:

How do you defame a man who has had a reputation as a scumbag for a quarter century?

Comment on my size. Sorry I could not resist. Y'all realize the 2 T's are like gonads. One hangs to the  left,the other to the right, and as far as women are concerned they both need a good kick.

10 minutes ago, Argus said:

Trump dismissed the seriousness of this for a long time. His banning of flights from China was good. I'll give him that. But like Trudeau he made zero preparations. And his government has completely screwed up the testing.

I get that he downplayed it initially, but he still acted sooner than Trudeau.  That’s a fact.  As for testing, the American government now has tests that provide results in 45 minutes, which they plan to also distribute to Europe and other hot spots.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shady said:

I get that he downplayed it initially, but he still acted sooner than Trudeau.  That’s a fact.  As for testing, the American government now has tests that provide results in 45 minutes, which they plan to also distribute to Europe and other hot spots.

This will work well with a modified South Korea approach I think you will see incorporated soon. 

Edited by Rue
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Argus said:

You don't defame anyone. You tell the truth about them and if they're a scumbag that will be enough.

As voters, Americans got to choose between Trump and Hillary, and they made the right choice. Hillary is an equally scummy misogynist, after beating down her husband's accusers. She's a power-hungry psychopath and it's scary that she got so close to the Presidency.

14 minutes ago, Shady said:

We'll see if his government can distribute them to New York and California first.

52 minutes ago, Shady said:

Can you illustrate the correlation between the low infection rate and the Deputy PM?

I did when I compared the infection and testing rates between two countries/leaders.  Trump implied causation when his sense told hem that his political opposition is somehow responsible. Can you illustrate that for us Shady?

Well, considering the United States has ten times the population, with a much greater population density, and hundreds of international airports, compared to like 5 in Canada, it’s going to be a bigger problem for them.

Excuses excuses...isn't that what you said?  I'm pretty sure you think their health system is vastly superior to ours and given America's greater wealth and resources...there's no excuse at all.

Regardless, Trump has done more sooner than our junior varsity PM or his deputy dog sidekick.

Whatever Trump did it was wrong as evidenced by the results where the rubber hits the road i.e.  3 times the number of infections.  The higher number of tests in the US which fell short on a per capita suggests an ineffectual use of testing which shouldn't be surprising given the disdainful contempt Trump displayed for testing 'sooner' than anyone else.  It stands to reason this sort of stupidity will spread faster and farther in a population as dense as America's.

As I've said in other threads responsibility for the intellectual issues and problems associated with this pandemic are sometimes better laid at the feet of people following their leader's than the leaders themselves.  I remember my mom saying something about following idiots off bridges when I was a kid.  

Edited by eyeball

1 hour ago, Argus said:

From what I'm reading in newspapers and in the comments section of those stories there is currently zero testing of people coming into Canada. None. People crossing the border are not even told to self-isolate.

Yes they are. A friend of mine is returning from Thailand today and I just helped get his boat ready for him to move back onto. We filled his fresh water tank stocked the galley with groceries and such enough to last the time he was told to self-quarantine. 

Edited by eyeball

25 minutes ago, Rue said:

I won't blame him on this one.

You're admitting to selective blaming, in a time when it cost people's lives and aided in the decimation of our economy. Would you do the same for trump?

Trudeau didn't have to invent the wheel on Jan 31st. He didn't even need to ask Trump to borrow his. He could have made his own wheel, but instead he chose to say that the wheel was bad at the beginning of February.

Then he said the wheel was bad on March 16th.

On March 19th he started using the wheel.

Scientists say the wheel saves lives, and everyone with half a brain is using the wheel. 

Why is it ok to you that our leader failed to use it? 

55 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Subjective opining? 

Trudeau said that banning travel to Canada from China was the wrong thing to do right after Trump did it, then again on on March 16th. When Trump banned travel from other covid hotspots [including places that were majority caucasian] Trudeau's stance remained unchanged. Then on March 19th, just 3 days after saying that banning international travel was useless, Trudeau banned international travel, but only after we already had enough covid here to shut down our economy.

What's "subjective" about that? Tell me one single thing I said there that's not factual, accurate, or pertinent to this topic....

How do you not see the value of stopping the spread of covid into Canada? How can you possibly follow the PM's reasoning that banning international flight wasn't something that should be done, and then 3 days later doing a 180, after we had reached the point where the whole country also had to be shut down?

Can you make sense of that for me without "subjective opining"? No, you can't.

Some people say, in Trudeau's defence, that although he did things that were absolutely wrong from a scientific standpoint, Canadian covid statistics say that the US has more covid per capita so Trudeau gets a STAR! There's a chance that, although he did things that were stupid, it might not have caused too many extra deaths so it's ok. Those same people will say that "The people standing behind Trump make faces! I saw it myself! This is proof that Trump isn't handling the virus outbreal properly!!!!!!". That's not subjective opining, that's just putting a higher standard on one person than another and then giving the person who doesn't even meet their lower standard a pass while failing the other.

You read the threads. You have seen it. But you never called it out because anything that's negative towards Trump is ok in your books.

The Jews were similarly singled out in Nazi Germany with fake, defamatory propaganda and you probably think that was wrong. Why do you think that fake, defamatory propaganda is ok in this instance? 

You get the picture, right? Setting a dangerous precedent...? Lying about people and maligning their character is wrong, yet you like it in this particular instance. "Because it's a leftist cause!"

You're on the wrong [Nazi-esque] side of history here Rue. 

Blah blah blah blah blah....

You're just all over the map aren't you?  Your arguments remind me of the spikes on a coronavirus that reach out in all directions so as to hook onto anything it can and begin infecting it. 

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

Blah blah blah blah blah....

You're just all over the map aren't you?  Your arguments remind me of the spikes on a coronavirus that reach out in all directions so as to hook onto anything it can and begin infecting it. 

If you don't understand it, that's fine, just admit it. Everyone else knows what happened. 

18 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

We all saw the movie dude, and if Britain had a leader as weak as Trudeau in charge, they wouldn’t have lasted long enough to need Turing. I can promise you that. 

Britain also needed a gay man to break codes and win the war.

You linking weak with gay says more about you than Trudeau.

7 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

If you don't understand it, that's fine, just admit it. Everyone else knows what happened. 

What isn't there to understand?  I can see what's happening just fine, I stand a better chance of surviving this in Canada following the advise of our scientists and experts than I do in the US following Trump's advise.

Just now, eyeball said:

What isn't there to understand?  I can see what's happening just fine, I stand a better chance of surviving this in Canada following the advise of our scientists and experts than I do in the US following Trump's advise.

It couldn't be any more simple eyeball, and I've explained it many times, including in the OP, with links. This is the last time I'll explain it to you because everyone but you and Marcus already know this.

Trump took an obvious step, which is one of the main suggestions of modern science, and which every other country on earth has now taken. After claiming that step was unnecessary and even bad on more than one occasion, our village idiot has finally taken that step. 45 days after Trump took it.

It's a step that saves lives. 

Canada is larger than the US, with 1/10 the population. We don't have as many people using subways and other forms of mass transit as they do in the States so Coronavirus doesn't spread as quickly here, but in the end it is guaranteed that Trudeau's failure will cost lives. It's mathematically impossible for it not to.

That's not my opinion, it's a scientifically proven fact. Leaving routes of infection open to our country was a mistake whether a random internet poster from Maple Leaf Web wants to admit it or not. 

Go challenge scientific opinion if you want to eyeball. Lay out your eyeballian hypothesis for the world to see. I'm unmoved by it. I call it hypocrisy, aka hyperpartisan bullshit.

5 minutes ago, Iceni warrior said:

Britain also needed a gay man to break codes and win the war.

You linking weak with gay says more about you than Trudeau.

There's that viral spikiness again. - just so desperate to infect  You can't expect Wes to self-isolate so...maybe this would work.

image.jpeg.1a0ac37bc7c1be5f8e3ec85f4733b654.jpeg