Did Trudeau Fail His Country On Covid-19

Message added by Charles Anthony

The thread "Trudeau Government FAILED in Handling the Pandemic" was merged into this thread. 

Did Trudeau Fail His Country On Covid-19  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, marcus said:

What about his message from the beginning? From "this is nothing" to "We'll be back to work in 2 weeks" to "We have magic pills." to "Sure, my health officials says it's good to wear masks, but I won't" to "We'll be back to work in a couple of more weeks" to "We're winning" to "I've handled all of this so well!" to "Why are you being so negative".

As the leader of a country, he has failed with his communication to his country.

Ok, yes, he should’ve waited until announcing a time to re-open things.  That has no bearing on people getting infected.  Regardless, the CDC advised against wearing masks.  You’re more interested in symbolism over substance.

1 minute ago, Shady said:

The state of New York completely skews that graph.  Without New York’s failure, thanks to its horrible state and local government, the graph line would look just like the others.

Right, and few actually believe China's or Iran's numbers.

The U.S. would be far worse off if per-capita rates were as high as Italy, France, or Spain.

54 minutes ago, Shady said:

Ok, yes, he should’ve waited until announcing a time to re-open things.  That has no bearing on people getting infected. 

Looks like you're trying to make excuses for Trump again. 

What Trump says and does, as the leader of the country, has a huge impact on what the country does. If Trump is downplaying the urgency of the coronavirus, without a doubt, the people in the country will downplay it. Especially in locations where Trump is most popular. Just look at the rate of infection, per capita, in states outside of NY.

image.thumb.png.e6a4c64b9e7c3530e1681a21eab971ea.png

Source

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Right, and few actually believe China's or Iran's numbers.

The U.S. would be far worse off if per-capita rates were as high as Italy, France, or Spain.

I do NOT get this Trump shooda cooda stuff the US is not Canada or anyone else, it has unique considerations because of constitutional division of legal powers between so many competing jurisdictions and different patterns of population density. Its easy to second guess what it does no matter who is really calling the shots. The US has a lot of fragmented and disjointed agencies its trying to get to work together. That is a monumental challenge. People forget how large its health and government bureaucracies are.

I still have more confidence in the US than China, Iran. I think Trump is a red herring. I  personally believe China is lying about continuing numbers because in a country of 2 billion, losing millions of its people is considered collateral chump change to its larger concern of not shutting down its wet markets. Its people are expendable to its central government's concerns of protecting its economic markets.

I believe this virus had it been reported immediately and properly planned for by China and by all first world countries would not have triggered the wide spread quarantines we see. That is a blame that starts with the Chinese government, that then includes secondarily all first world governments, then we first world  consumers to the extent we should never have settled for cheap dangerous shit. This is an urban virus directly related to how we believe profit trumps safety and health regulations. That is a problem Trump did not start and will not end.

Edited by Rue

8 minutes ago, marcus said:

Looks like you're trying to make excuses for Trump again. 

What Trump says and does, as the leader of the country, has a huge impact on what the country does. If Trump is downplaying the urgency of the coronavirus, without a doubt, the people in the country will downplay it. Especially in locations where Trump is most popular. Just look at the rate of infection, per capita, in states outside of NY.

image.thumb.png.e6a4c64b9e7c3530e1681a21eab971ea.png

Source

Just look at the current spikes of cases of the virus in Canada.

1 minute ago, Rue said:

I still have more confidence in the US than China, Iran. I think Trump is a red herring. I  personally believe China is lying about continuing numbers because in a country of 2 billion, losing a millions is collateral chump change to its larger concern of not shutting down its wet markets.

Anyone who thinks the U.S. response would have been significantly different under Obama is mistaken....local, state, and federal resources were what they were then or now.    Other western nations are getting hammered more than the U.S. on a per-capita basis, but the focus is on Trump.

....even in a tread about Trudeau and Canada.   Amazing how much influence Trump has in Canada !

I agree that China's reported numbers are not to be taken seriously.

4 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

That is the difference between rational leadership and being led by a deranged clown. Other countries didn't have their leaders tell them it was a hoax when it was spreading widely.

The simplest explanation is usually the correct one. 

3 minutes ago, Shady said:

Just look at the current spikes of cases of the virus in Canada.

I have and I acknowledge that the numbers, per capita, are nowhere close to the U.S. I also acknowledge that the federal and provincial leaders are doing a better job than the U.S' leaders. When will you? You seem to be stuck on this false sense of equivalency.

3 minutes ago, marcus said:

I have and I acknowledge that the numbers, per capita, are nowhere close to the U.S. I also acknowledge that the federal and provincial leaders are doing a better job than the U.S' leaders. When will you? You seem to be stuck on this false sense of equivalency.

How are they doing a better job when they’re doing exactly what leaders in the United States are doing?  In most instances, leaders in the United States acted sooner.  You’re not making any sense.

4 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

A huge victory for the Swedish approach is showing right now in the data. If it keeps that way, it proves their approach is the best one. We are overreacting and have every reason to change course, now that we know.

Let's just wait and see if the laissez faire theory is confirmed in the US before jumping off the bridge.  If they fail nothing lost, if they succeed we'll catch up fast as their economy grows.

I suppose this'll cause some to characterize us as acting like a bunch of deadbeats hoping to hitch a ride on Uncle Sam's coat-tails but it's how we roll so....

4 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Or, the China apologists are here, beautiful and brave.

I don't think you need to be a China apologist to note how late, confused and disorganized the US response to this epidemic has been and continues to be at the federal level.

2 hours ago, Shady said:

Other countries didn’t have their state and local authorities telling them to go about there lives, the virus is of little risk, after the clown had closed down travel from other countries.

Other countries didn't have their federal government telling the states that it was no risk, no problem and would probably only have one guy suffering from the disease and soon none.

Just now, Argus said:

I don't think you need to be a China apologist to note how late, confused and disorganized the US response to this epidemic has been and continues to be at the federal level.

Won't help to explain how Quebec and Ontario have such awful responses for nursing homes.

Blame Trump and the U.S. if you want, but this is Trudeau's joint.

2 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Trump has been a fool.  But let's not also forget that there's a lot of Americans who are straight-up as ignorant as Trump and won't follow social distancing guidelines.

And something the media will absolutely not mention ... especially in the black community. In all the speculation about why this virus is hitting blacks much worse than anyone else no one mentioned that.

Meanwhile, back in Canada....horror stories coming out of nursing homes:

Nearly half of Canada’s COVID-19 deaths linked to long-term care facilities: Tam

Nearly half of all coronavirus-related deaths in Canada happen in long-term care homes, and the number is only expected to increase, chief public health officer Theresa Tam said Monday.

The ratio fluctuates from province to province, but care homes are implicated in about half of 760 deaths across the country.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6811726/coronavirus-long-term-care-deaths-canada/

5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Won't help to explain how Quebec and Ontario have such awful responses for nursing homes.

Blame Trump and the U.S. if you want, but this is Trudeau's joint.

Nursing homes are being hit across the world, including in the US. You're really reaching in your desperation to attack Canada and defend the incompetence of your big orange sphincter.

Just now, Argus said:

Nursing homes are being hit across the world, including in the US. You're really reaching in your desperation to attack Canada and defend the incompetence of your big orange sphincter.

This thread is about Canada and your blackface prime minister...not Trump.

Get a grip....

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

This thread is about Canada and your blackface prime minister...not Trump.

Get a grip....

And yet here you and the other yankees are desperately pumping up the brilliance of the western world's dumbest, most deranged  and most orangy leader.

Just now, Argus said:

And yet here you and the other yankees are desperately pumping up the brilliance of the western world's dumbest, most deranged  and most orangy leader.

Still much more important than your blackface PM based on how many times you desperately bring him up.

That's why Freeland was begging Trump for 3M masks.

My God...what a crap show in the nursing homes.....Trudeau will lose some votes over this:

What went wrong in Bobcaygeon: How the COVID-19 pandemic killed 29 people at an ill-prepared nursing home

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/covid-19-coronavirus-pinecrest-nursing-home-bobcaygeon

Why didn't Trudeau do a better job ?