Pipeline protestors need to be jailed

Argus

7 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Atrocities?  Please cite.  Also, my ancestors came here in the 20th century.  Please be specific about which ancestors did these things.  Also, I'd like to know what kind of conversation you'd expect to have with someone barricading the entrance to your street standing with a rifle and a burning garbage can for the last week.

Who tf is that?

The RCMP are barricading your street? 

Did you get their badge #'s? 

1 minute ago, jacee said:

The right to dissent is the only thing that matters in democracy. 

Well, it's not the only thing, but it is certainly one of the most important things.  As is law and order.

Freedom of speech, and the right to protest, applies to everyone, regardless of their views, or how others perceive their views.

There is no right to break the law, though. 

I haven't been keeping up, so I don't know at the moment who is and who is not breaking the law. I hope those who are currently breaking the law to deny the BC First Nations their much sought after economic freedom are dealt with properly.

9 hours ago, scribblet said:

Mobocracy is not democracy, upholding the rule of law that Trudeau likes to bang on about is in the best interests of Canadians. bit that apparently doesn't apply to some where race based preferential treatment is the order of the day.   

There were consultations, 20 elected Chiefs agree with it, they want jobs and prosperity for their people , those protesting are only one band the Unist'ot'en who I suppose, don't want prosperity and jobs.

the real views of the nation are not often reported by the MSM

https://www.spencerfernando.com/2020/02/10/watch-wetsuweten-nation-member-supports-coastal-gaslink-pipeline-says-many-protesters-are-from-outside-community-from-united-states/?fbclid=IwAR29Zq9fbRvXqpRtM4bAYdecSL6e3ro3QvnzVX4SIcgu4toQ5lmSUUCY0-4https://www.spencerfernando.com/2020/02/10/watch-wetsuweten-nation-member-supports-coastal-gaslink-pipeline-says-many-protesters-are-from-outside-community-from-united-states/?fbclid=IwAR29Zq9fbRvXqpRtM4bAYdecSL6e3ro3QvnzVX4SIcgu4toQ5lmSUUCY0-4

Spencer Fernando is looking for donations! Help Spencer make money !  Lol 

1 minute ago, bcsapper said:

Well, it's not the only thing, but it is certainly one of the most important things.  As is law and order.

Freedom of speech, and the right to protest, applies to everyone, regardless of their views, or how others perceive their views.

There is no right to break the law, though. 

I haven't been keeping up, so I don't know at the moment who is and who is not breaking the law. I hope those who are currently breaking the law to deny the BC First Nations their much sought after economic freedom are dealt with properly.

Dissent includes civil disobedience.

Standing beside the tracks on public property, not blocking road or rail ... pretty civil, and not even disobedient. Lol

No laws broken. 

Guest ProudConservative
5 minutes ago, Shady said:

The right to peaceful dissent.  There is no right to interfere in other people’s lives.  Especially related to private property.

In any other country, they would of been arrested immediately. How is it, we can't arrest 15 or 20 people blocking a railroad? Is it illegal to arrest them?

1 minute ago, jacee said:

Dissent includes civil disobedience.

Standing beside the tracks on public property, not blocking road or rail ... pretty civil, and not even disobedient. Lol

No laws broken. 

Well that's just fine.  If no laws are being broken, none need to be enforced.  As long as we all agree that when they are, they should be.

Civil disobedience comes with a price.  Otherwise it would just be protest.

Just now, ProudConservative said:

In any other country, they would of been arrested immediately. How is it, we can't arrest 15 or 20 people blocking a railroad? Is it illegal to arrest them?

If they are blocking the railroad, it's just cowardice not to arrest them.  If they are not, it's cowardice not to keep the trains moving. 

Guest ProudConservative
7 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

If they are blocking the railroad, it's just cowardice not to arrest them.  If they are not, it's cowardice not to keep the trains moving. 

There is big truck blocking the railroad in Ontario. Why can't the police force the protestors to move the truck, or bring it some heavy equipment, and yank it out of there? If we had manditory prison sentences for 6 months, I don't think they would want to stick around.

17.thumb.jpg.e0bd0f16f0de02aca7ea2e6b17257487.jpg

Edited by ProudConservative

1 hour ago, bcsapper said:

What planet are you on?  Over 45,000 travelers’ train tickets are cancelled.  National freight and passenger railways are closed, held hostage by unelected radicals that the 20 bands don’t support.   When I hear such tolerance of injustice it makes me wonder what other abuses you’d accept.  People’s health, safety, and livelihoods are on the line.  This wouldn’t fly in the US.  Makes you wonder.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

What planet are you on?  Over 45,000 travelers’ train tickets are cancelled.  National freight and passenger railways are closed, held hostage by unelected radicals that the 20 bands don’t support.   When I hear such tolerance of injustice it makes me wonder what other abuses you’d accept.  People’s health, safety, and livelihoods are on the line.  This wouldn’t fly in the US.  Makes you wonder.  

Did you actually read what I posted?

5 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yes.  You seem to be saying that somehow First Nations’ economic freedom is being denied.  By whom?

Why did you quote the post you quoted if that was what you were responding to?  Slip of the mouse?

As to FN economics, most  of the bands along the LNG line to Kitimat want the pipeline, and have agreements in place, or pending.

5 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Right. So why is this sabotage being tolerated?

If I misread posts and misrepresent another poster's position, I admit it.

It's not difficult.  Especially as we seem to agree on the basics of this issue.

On 2/11/2020 at 10:25 AM, Argus said:

The ongoing protests in BC, Ontario and elsewhere show the depths of ignorance, stupidity and vapid self-indulgence we've come to expect from much of the activist and progressive populations, along with the sheer bloody cowardice of our governments.

As much as I hate Trudeau, I doubt that the stupidity of these protests will match the last 3 years of Obama's Presidency, when Obama fiddled while half the US burned.

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Right. So why is this sabotage being tolerated?

If our gov't is in a "tolerating protests" mood, and destruction of property is ok, can we include protests against P.E.Trudeau statues in all of this? 

I doubt there is one within 2000 miles of here lol. 

The problems arising of the B.C. Aboriginals are precisely just deserts of how I am certain the 'left' here in Canada (in control of its leadership) are actually collective right-wing thinkers when they support 'culturalism' laws. The rise of Aboriginal Nationalisim is assured and will continue to do so simply by the very supports they are granted by other European Nationalists among the left believing that we have some intrinsic inheritance of environmental behavior of one's parents that is assumed to be genetically linked to ones' DNA. 

And  you right-wing nut cases here embrace this belief by default when you think inheritance is some 'God-given' right without set limits and regulation. The reality though is that all the politics are run by rich fucks who are separated on subtle differences of power  and identity of one's tribes only. Today's fight in politics everywhere is about groups who share a belief in Nationalism but differ on whether one should use 'etiquette' by using clever manipulative devices over the people or to utilize blatant Machivellian tactics without concern to be polite in the least. Some think that the 'commons' (the literal scum of the population at large that is) should be run behind closed doors in an authoritarian Matriarchal style and the other with a fist and an authoritarian Patriarchal style. No one in power respects individuals.

These extremes are winning today. And so while I definitely dislike these protestors behavior, I am the least surprised that it occurs and am sure it is the direct fault of our whole foundation set up in the Constitution for ANY 'cultural' laws. The fault lies in Quebec more specifically not willing to embrace the melting pot idea but demanding their own province as a whole to be granted special cult status of 'distinction' and to the British snob 'loyalists' who believed it more important that all people respectfully bow down and use respectful titles when addressing 'superiors' . The one single factor of divisiveness against the American idea is what started it all and is what is needed to be dealt with. But I doubt and am not confident this can occur without some sort of revolution now. 

Edited by Scott Mayers

Canada is a noble idea if the different regions and sub-nations can see the value in making some sacrifices for the greater good of the country and national unity.  The problems have always been that some are willing to make much greater sacrifices than others and what works for one segment of the country runs counter to the interests of another segment.  We see it with trying to be the Boy Scout on climate change and currying favour with the UN versus natural resource extraction, which disproportionately impacts Alberta.  We also see it in balancing our relationship with the Yanks on security and American tech hegemony with acting in the best interests of technology (5G development for example with Chinese Huawei).  Human rights are important to everyone and also need to be taken into account in national trade and regulatory policy.

So many considerations for such a small country.  I hope we can navigate the waters and keep the Canadian boat afloat.  The radicals who are shutting down business and infrastructure need to be tactfully but thoroughly removed.  Protests and preventing a society and businesses from functioning are not the same thing.   Trudeau needs to get real on this.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, jacee said:

Spencer Fernando is looking for donations! Help Spencer make money !  Lol 

I did just that  LOL,

One of those members is Shirley Wilson, who said the protests are one-sided, and that many are from outside the community and even from the United States:

“Wet’suwet’en Nation member Shirley Wilson supports #CoastalGasLink

“I don’t agree with the protests at all because it’s all one sided. The protestors that are there a lot come from out of area like Eastern Canada or even the USA.”

Wet’suwet’en Nation member Shirley Wilson supports #CoastalGasLink

If you cut through the doublespeak and media obfuscation, all the protests and blockades are based on the opposition of five people - 5,    Five unelected Wet'suwet'en hereditary chiefs Vs the rights of 37 million Cdns. Canada is a joke, Trudeau is a joke.  

Meanwhile The President of Senegal announced that Justin Trudeau

is helping Senegal develop its industries “du pétrole, du gaz ... “

• Like 3

All countries at some time or another have been taken over by others , we cannot go back in time nor are we going to leave. |We cannot, nor should we have to continue paying people based on race, to live on unsustainable reservations in perpetuity.

It’s time to end the Indian Act now, as Chretien and Trudeau Sr. wanted. ( see Chretien’s White Paper on Aboriginals). Is time to end race based preferential treatment. The days of roaming buffalo are over, Natives need to have a vision for life as it exists today and within the system that exists today. There are avenues they can take but many choose the path of total and complete dependency on remote, unsustainable reservations. There are some reserves that can only be reached by plane. 

Those living in remote, desolate areas have little chance of overcoming this dependency as long as they choose to stay.  IMO we should be paying to move them to another location with counseling, skills training or whatever it takes to help them be successful.

Diane Francis has a good article

https://business.financialpost.com/diane-francis/diane-francis-rail-blockades-could-turn-into-a-full-blown-secession-crisis-and-trudeaus-government-is-to-blame

Five years of pandering and subsidizing 632 First Nations leaders has led to this catastrophe, which is being spearheaded by five unelected hereditary chiefs in British Columbia who claim their nation — the Wet’suwet’en — is exempt from Canadian laws and regulations. They claim sovereignty over a 22,000-square-kilometre swath of land, an area the size of Israel, and have successfully invoked nationwide solidarity protests that have crippled portions of the country’s rail system.

Wet’suwet’en hereditary leaders and their accomplices have defied court orders and ignored agreements signed by 20 band councils, including their own. The issue at hand is the building of a 670-kilometre gas pipeline to a $40-billion LNG plant on the coast, but at stake is the future of Canada itself.

Edited by scribblet
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, ProudConservative said:

Doug Ford is hiding under his desk crying, terrified that if he dares to remove the natives he'll be called names in the media or something. What a cuck he turned out to be.

And I never use that phrase. But it describes Ford on this too perfectly to ignore. He's got no balls.