Its official, Trump broke the law

31 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

FDI is a double edged sword that isn’t always welcome.  True that Canada has no choice but to deal with the US, especially as a much smaller country with a massive shared border.  You have outlined the source of some anti-Americanism in Canada, but Canada’s over-reliance on the US for trade is mostly about geography.  We have been too complacent and clearly our “close ally” isn’t as trustworthy as we once thought.  The US got into bed with dictators to further its perceived interests.  I suppose Canada compromises herself in relations with the US for similar reasons.  And now, oh goodie, you’re getting close to having a dictator of your very own.  Anything is possible in America!

Canada has broadened the concept of "ally" from a narrow context to include all manner of competitive weakness and vulnerabilities.   Failing to invest in better worker productivity, defence, pipelines,  competitiveness, diversification, etc. does not mean that the United States will just roll over for Canada.   Canada has been in bed with dictators as well, so nothing special about that.   As for Trump, he was impeached per constitution, which is far more than can be said about Trudeau and the corrupt SNC-Lavalin affair (no investigation permitted by the Liberal majority).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Canada has broadened the concept of "ally" from a narrow context to include all manner of competitive weakness and vulnerabilities.   Failing to invest in better worker productivity, defence, pipelines,  competitiveness, diversification, etc. does not mean that the United States will just roll over for Canada.   Canada has been in bed with dictators as well, so nothing special about that.   As for Trump, he was impeached per constitution, which is far more than can be said about Trudeau and the corrupt SNC-Lavalin affair (no investigation permitted by the Liberal majority).

Trudeau could be ousted with a non-confidence vote, but he won’t be because his own party supports him and the NDP and scattered Conservatives don’t think the public will be onside if they vote together to bring down the government.  Trudeau was deemed to have acted inappropriately but did nothing criminal on SNC.  

8 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Trudeau could be ousted with a non-confidence vote, but he won’t be because his own party supports him and the NDP and scattered Conservatives don’t think the public will be onside if they vote together to bring down the government.  Trudeau was deemed to have acted inappropriately but did nothing criminal on SNC.  

Yes, inappropriate and unethical behaviour by a Canadian PM is handled "differently" compared to the stone cold "dictator" U.S. president.

33 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Yes, inappropriate and unethical behaviour by a Canadian PM is handled "differently" compared to the stone cold "dictator" U.S. president.

Well do not blame me. I had matches and a can of gasoline, tar, feathers, rope, but there was a line up with other Canadians to see who would get  toJustin first and being Canadian we were so damn polite we could not agree so we all went and watched a curling match to discuss it further  and drank some double doubles from Timmy's and forgot. Curling has that effect. It is an amazing sport. People can be fat and smoke right in the middle of the match. Shuffleboard on ice man. Who the hell needs men with tight pants sticking their hand up each other's butt and screaming "hutt hutt hutt" (this guy Hutt seemed to have made a lasing impression)  and "huddling" and tapping each other's butts like you Yanks. You Yanks are very girly. Its no wonder you elected Trump.*

*all comments were cleared with the Canadian Film Board and passed the KD Lang test of sarcasm

Edited by Rue
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Yes, most Americans are indifferent about Canada, rarely investing so much interest or concern about domestic Canadian politics or issues on the world stage.   The only reason I am still here is because many Canadians invest an extraordinary/unbalanced amount of interest in what happens with the United States, I guess because they believe it "matters so much" given the economic, military, and cultural relationship.

There's also a fair bit of sheer spectacle and comic relief. Some. Canadians actually head south and earn a good living making fun of American politics.

Edited by eyeball

3 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Exactly.  If Trump had done what Trudeau was found guilty of, it would have led the articles of impeachment.  But ironically, the same people insisting Trump should be impeached, defend and make excuses for Trudeau.  They're as two-faced as it gets.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shady said:

Exactly.  If Trump had done what Trudeau was found guilty of, it would have led the articles of impeachment.  But ironically, the same people insisting Trump should be impeached, defend and make excuses for Trudeau.  They're as two-faced as it gets.

Some might be but not all. You're as prone to committing and excusing this constant mischaracterizing as it gets.

So are we even more extreme left or indicative of some kind of intense centrism, maybe some new or different ideological axis or tangential dimension to politics that you're simply missing here - imagine that, someone who's with no one. How can  that be?

4 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Well Canada invests in all those things, as well as policies to fight climate change.  The lag in productivity relates more to businesses sitting on wealth instead of investing in new equipment.   That’s despite tax and other incentives from government to invest.  I wonder if any of these problems relate to absent foreign ownership (FDI).  

4 hours ago, eyeball said:

There's also a fair bit of sheer spectacle and comic relief. Some. Canadians actually head south and earn a good living making fun of American politics.

I get that a  lot, but clearly the American political and cultural spectacle that many Canadians seek out fill a void that cannot be adequately filled domestically.

Trump's alleged wrongdoing and impeachment is just more content that is not Cancon, readily gobbled up north of the border without hesitation.

4 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Well Canada invests in all those things, as well as policies to fight climate change.  The lag in productivity relates more to businesses sitting on wealth instead of investing in new equipment.   That’s despite tax and other incentives from government to invest.  I wonder if any of these problems relate to absent foreign ownership (FDI).  

Good point, except that even there the U.S. has outperformed Canada for GHG reductions, and invests far more in climate change R&D.   Canadians still cite Trump's federal agencies (NOAA, NASA, Goddard, etc.) as references compared to their own.

6 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Good point, except that even there the U.S. has outperformed Canada for GHG reductions, and invests far more in climate change R&D.   Canadians still cite Trump's federal agencies (NOAA, NASA, Goddard, etc.) as references compared to their own.

Well that’s old data now.  Trump’s deregulation on waterway protections and chemicals, as well as his reversal of federal climate change/green initiatives will have lasting effects.  You’d be surprised how much data Environment Canada and other agencies in Canada collect.  We have weather satellites too y’know.  Yeah it’s smaller scale but still...

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Well that’s old data now.  Trump’s deregulation’s on waterway protections and chemicals, as well as his reversal of federal climate change/green initiatives will have lasting effects.  You’d be surprised how much data Environment Canada and other agencies in Canada collect.  We have weather satellites too y’know.  Yeah it’s smaller scale but still...

Old data is still relevant, and Environment Canada still uses NOAA (foreign) satellite resources for weather data and imaging....says so right on the IR and daylight photos. 

Satellite Images and Animation

Satellites: (All satellite data courtesy of NOAA)

https://weather.gc.ca/satellite/index_e.html

Trump's NASA/budget remains Canada's primary access point to space programs.   Canada's astronaut GG trained in the United States.

Remember, it was Trump that Chrystia Freeland begged to continue protecting the "post WW2 order", not the other way around.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

On 2/2/2020 at 2:30 PM, ReeferMadness said:

I don't recall saying it was all Trump's fault.  I'm no huge fan of Obama or either Clinton. 

US politics is one enormous cesspool.  The country is deeply dysfunctional.

But far and away, Trump is worse than either Obama or the Clintons and the red states are, on average, far worse than the blue ones.

Everything today that happens in America, good or bad, will be all Trump's fault. If Trump gave a million people a thousand dollars each for free, the lying leftist democrats, and the fake media would cry out and say look at that Trump, he is just trying to buy votes. If Trump raised their taxes by a thousand dollars a year, the democrats and the lying and fake media would say that Trump is trying to steal more of their hard earned money. Trump can never win with those two gangs of buffoons.  

Canada's politics is no better. Trudeau has been found to have been in many conflicts of interests and scandals and likes to fib. Canada is just as dysfunctional but worse. 

Trump is by far the best President America has had for several decades. Obama and Clinton were both a disaster for America. But you would not know anything about that because you have a big problem?  You listen too much to CNN, MSNBC, and the CBC. There are so many anti-Trump members here who have not bothered to take the time and listen to FOX News for a change and get the other side of the story. Try listening to people like Tucker Carlson or Jesse Watters to name but two people on FOX for a few shows. But I am pretty dam sure that you will not. And if not, do not come on here and try and tell fibs because they will be challenged by me. I am the Trump protector here. :D 

No one here can show me anything as to where Trump has broken any law. If you/they can, come on show me? If Trump broke a law, then why has he not been arrested yet? I await to hear from you, like I have been waiting for months now. ;)

8 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Trudeau was deemed to have acted inappropriately but did nothing criminal on SNC.  

There hasn't been a proper investigation into that, Trudeau and the Liberals saw to it, and to say that Trudeau just acted inappropriately is a total farce of a comment Zeitgeist. 

Our PM created a law specifically for the benefit of the criminal entity known as SNC Lavalin, who was already caught bribing Michel Fournier (another Liberal politician) with $2.3M for help in getting a $127M bridge contract in Mtl (Jacques Cartier Bridge). https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/snc-lavalin-faces-criminal-probe-over-montreal-bridge-contract-documents-reveal

So after Trudeau created the DPA law for one of the biggest lobbyists in Canada, the AG determined that it wasn't appropriate for SNC's case, and Trudeau tried to force her to use it anyways. Then he lied about whether or not he tried to force her, he badmouthed her, he blocked her from speaking about the issue in her own defence, then the little sonofabitch fired her for not being a lackey, and then he kicked her out of the caucus. 

You have to wonder, why did Trudeau try so hard to get SNC access to the $150 Billion dollars worth of infrastructure that the Trudeau gov't announced? If SNC was willing to give Fournier $2.3M just for a $127M dollar contract, how much might they have offered Trudeau for a crack at 1,000 x as much money? 

SNC was the biggest political scandal in North America since Kennedy's assassination and our MSM brushed it under the rug. I guess that $1.395 billion buys a lot of favourable press.

8 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Just checking to see if you are keeping up your dues to the liberal party. Well?

Bottom line is Trump is laughing and Nancy ripped up his state of the union address. Trump's decision to lower the state of the union address to a hokey partisan speech as well as her ripping up the speech response both turned it into a circus. Buck up Nancy, he could still choke on a KFC leg.

39 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

There hasn't been a proper investigation into that, Trudeau and the Liberals saw to it, and to say that Trudeau just acted inappropriately is a total farce of a comment Zeitgeist. 

Our PM created a law specifically for the benefit of the criminal entity known as SNC Lavalin, who was already caught bribing Michel Fournier (another Liberal politician) with $2.3M for help in getting a $127M bridge contract in Mtl (Jacques Cartier Bridge). https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/snc-lavalin-faces-criminal-probe-over-montreal-bridge-contract-documents-reveal

So after Trudeau created the DPA law for one of the biggest lobbyists in Canada, the AG determined that it wasn't appropriate for SNC's case, and Trudeau tried to force her to use it anyways. Then he lied about whether or not he tried to force her, he badmouthed her, he blocked her from speaking about the issue in her own defence, then the little sonofabitch fired her for not being a lackey, and then he kicked her out of the caucus. 

You have to wonder, why did Trudeau try so hard to get SNC access to the $150 Billion dollars worth of infrastructure that the Trudeau gov't announced? If SNC was willing to give Fournier $2.3M just for a $127M dollar contract, how much might they have offered Trudeau for a crack at 1,000 x as much money? 

SNC was the biggest political scandal in North America since Kennedy's assassination and our MSM brushed it under the rug. I guess that $1.395 billion buys a lot of favourable press.

I believe that it is safe to now call Teflon Don Trudeau and his liberal lying ilk the Liberanos who are nothing more than a bunch of corrupt swampsters. They have done nothing for we the people of Canada. All we have ever got from them is corruption and lies and scandals and the leftist liberal bought off Canadian corrupt media is there to protect this mobster. We the people are treated with disgust and contempt by this Liberano. He is constantly trying to come up with more laws to stifle free speech. I will take Trump any day over this prime mistake of Canada. This PM is a lawbreaker. Trump is not. ;)

PS: Just the other day on The Rebel said that the liberals gave MasterCard 50 million of our tax dollars. MasterCard makes billions every year on interests and charges and yet they get tax dollars from Trudeau and his liberal ilk. And they always keep trying to tell us that Trump is a thief and a crook. These people really do need to try and get their chit together. :unsure:

Edited by taxme
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rue said:

Bottom line is Trump is laughing and Nancy ripped up his state of the union address. Trump's decision to lower the state of the union address to a hokey partisan speech as well as her ripping up the speech response both turned it into a circus. Buck up Nancy, he could still choke on a KFC leg.

Trump had a lot of accomplishments to crow about. That's a good thing. 

Pelosi is just Pelosi. She's so classless she makes Trump look prudish. 

4 minutes ago, Rue said:

This just shows us all as to what such crybabies like Pelosi and her democratic leftist ilk have become. To rip up Trump's speech right in front of everyone in the house like she did just shows us all as to what an immature biotch and fool Pelosi really is. I was glad to see that Trump ignored shaking that old fools hand. She should have retired decades ago. 

The democrats like Pelosi have already lowered any and everything that was once decent and moral about America as it once was. The democrats can be just as partisan as any other leader of a political party can be. In politics it is always about one political party trying to make the other party look bad. Hello? The democrats have turned American politics into a circus now, and now has made any future President to have to look forward to an impeachment over whatever the other party wants to dream up. The democrats destroyed the real meaning of what impeachment is all about. They have now lowered the standards too more circus like acts. Leave it to those liberals and democrats to just about phuk up everything. Liberalism is truly a disease. The Corona virus has nothing on liberalism. Catch that disease and one is in real big time trouble. So, buck up, Mr.President, maybe the old lady Pelosi will trip up on her high heels one day soon and fall smack on her face.  :D

16 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Trump had a lot of accomplishments to crow about. That's a good thing. 

Pelosi is just Pelosi. She's so classless she makes Trump look prudish. 

The only thing Pelosi appears to have accomplished in her life time is to how to continue to keep looking and acting like a complete azz hole. Trump will never have any problems running circles around that classless fool. :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, taxme said:

Just checking to see if you are keeping up your dues to the liberal party. Well?

No I literally let my membership expire after Martin.  I liked the Libs under Chrétien, but I was more of a pinko back before I became jaded and cynical.  I don’t like the federal Liberals now and haven’t for some time, though they look professional next to the wannabe Russian dictator mob boss in the White House.  I don’t even think he’s terrible,  but that’s not saying much.  The American supremacy thing is a bit sad and tries too hard.  I just think government leaders should aim higher.  It’s like, great, you have stuff, so what are you going to do with it?   Oh just get more stuff and consume to death.  Screw the environment and the shithole countries. America first.  Really honourable.  

4 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

The biggest political scandal, really?  Have you watched international news at all in the last five years?  DPA’s are old news in most western countries.  Naive Boy Scout Canada was late to the party.  The American and Brit businesses have gotten into God knows what in Libya and so many countries.  Remember Cheney and Halliburton in Iraq?   Good times....

4 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Old data is still relevant, and Environment Canada still uses NOAA (foreign) satellite resources for weather data and imaging....says so right on the IR and daylight photos. 

Trump's NASA/budget remains Canada's primary access point to space programs.   Canada's astronaut GG trained in the United States.

Remember, it was Trump that Chrystia Freeland begged to continue protecting the "post WW2 order", not the other way around.

I thought the Americans benefited quite well from the post-WW2 order.  You’re right though, China’s time may soon be upon us, especially if Trump keeps thumbing his nose at allies and affirming dictators.  If you want to win friends and influence people you at least have to pretend to care about them.  

5 hours ago, taxme said:

No one here can show me anything as to where Trump has broken any law. If you/they can, come on show me? If Trump broke a law, then why has he not been arrested yet? I await to hear from you, like I have been waiting for months now. ;)

Because. he. is. president.  And the attorney general is corrupt.

For anyone who watches something besides Fox News, this really isn't too hard.

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

I thought the Americans benefited quite well from the post-WW2 order.  You’re right though, China’s time may soon be upon us, especially if Trump keeps thumbing his nose at allies and affirming dictators.  If you want to win friends and influence people you at least have to pretend to care about them.  

China will take its position in the world consistent with superpower economic status.   China is now the USA's #1 trading partner.

Trump will not preserve Canada's vision of post WW2 order because it is not his role to do so.

Obviously Canada doesn't care so much based on defence spending.

Edited by bush_cheney2004