Why Do Conservatives Support the Monarchy?

Guest PPC2019

4 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

It's also 16 in most parts of the u.s.  :o

16 is fine imo.  Sweet 16 and all that, but when one is 16 and the other is 25+ then it's a bit too much imo.  

Well I slept with a 16 year old girl when I was a 15 year old boy, so I suppose that made her the sex offender.

I won't rat her out though, I was irresistibly cute at the time.

Nowadays I wouldn't even socialize with a woman under forty, never mind sleep with them, eww, Millennials are gross.

This is what I find so offensive about this conduct.

Clearly he was just using these young girls as whores.

I'm not saying you have to be in love with every girl you sleep with, not saying you have to put a ring on it.

But I've never slept with a girl that I did not have genuine affection for, that I did not care about.

I've had a lot of dates, but I've treated every single one like a lady, I treated every one as my best girl, for as long as I was with her.

I am no officer, but I was always a gentleman.

I don't think grown assed men should be sleeping with girls under the age of 18,  ain't right.

If there was an older man who was having a fling with a young lady, and it was genuine affection and he took care of her; I could abide that.

But to be a creep and simply take advantage of a teenager as your throw away whore ; that is disgusting.

18 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Begs the questions:  Why would any thinking population want to house/support an in-bred family of aliens?  What would the benefit be to the diverse resident home population?  Leave them in England. The English deserve them, adore them, get pissed on by them . . . . . while the rest of the world guffaws.  There's probably only a handful of residents in Canada who think that the British monarch is something special . . . . 

I kind of have wondered why do a lot of countries agree to have a foreigner as their head of state but apparently the majority of people in those countries either support such an arrangement or don't consider it big enough a deal to kick a fuss about. 

The real head scratcher is why would a beautiful young American woman, Megan Markle . . . . give up her country and career to go and live in a shithole country of fog, fish 'n chips, bad teeth, pale complexions, and unfounded arrogance?   She could be cruising to a California beach in her Benz convertible, sunshine, hair blowing in the wind, milkshake in hand . . . . Just doesn't make sense.  Megan made a mistake, just like Diana did.  Hypnotic attraction to lizards?  Some folks here are also under the reptile spell . . . . sad.

23 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Prince Andrew is the Duke of York, Meghan Markle is the Duchess of Sussex, neither of those offices have anything to do with Canada.

Elizabeth Windsor is the Queen of Canada, that's the only part of the Royal Family which has any bearing on Confederation.

She’s not going to live forever, though, and it’s just dumb luck that somebody like Andy isn’t next in line. This is a serious design flaw with monarchies. 

3 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

She’s not going to live forever, though, and it’s just dumb luck that somebody like Andy isn’t next in line. This is a serious design flaw with monarchies. 

I swore an oath to Her heirs and successors, but that works for me, I have nothing against HRH Prince of Wales.

I like the Duchess of Cornwall too.

Colonel-in-Chief of the Queen's Own Rifles of Canada.

6660153.jpg?size=620x400s

5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I swore an oath to Her heirs and successors, but that works for me, I have nothing against HRH Prince of Wales.

I like the Duchess of Cornwall too.

Colonel-in-Chief of the Queen's Own Rifles of Canada.

6660153.jpg?size=620x400s

Charlie is a bit weird and the whole thing with Di and the mistress was deeply 19th century but we could easily be facing the prospect of a King Andrew now if things had been different on the birth order side and there would be nothing we in Canada could do about it. Heads of state are much more scrutinized than they used to be and random individuals from one family are rarely the best placed to survive such scrutiny. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

Just now, SpankyMcFarland said:

Charlie is a bit weird and the whole thing with Di and the mistress was deeply 19th century but we could easily be facing the prospect of a King Andrew now if things had been different on the birth order side and there would be nothing we in Canada could do about it. Heads of state are much more scrutinized than they used to be and random individuals from one family are rarely the best placed to survive such scrutiny. 

I aspire to be a man of honor, thus I hold to my oath, unless and until the British Crown in North America falls.

While residing in Wellington Country Upper Canada, I shall resist Her Majesty's enemies and defend the Queen's Peace, as I undertook to do, of my own free will, so help me God.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I aspire to be a man of honor, thus I hold to my oath, unless and until the British Crown in North America falls.

While residing in Wellington Country Upper Canada, I shall resist Her Majesty's enemies and defend the Queen's Peace, as I undertook to do, of my own free will, so help me God.

That’s an odd way to spell honour under the circumstances and the Queen won’t last forever. Our future heads of state will probably not be as popular.

13 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

That’s an odd way to spell honour under the circumstances and the Queen won’t last forever. Our future heads of state will probably not be as popular.

I am a dual citizen, America First.  None the less, America takes no position against my additional obligations undertaken to the British Crown.

United Kingdom - United States Security Agreement.

Brothers in Arms since 1916.

God bless America.  God save the Queen.

oRfiYMkJb7AzLkgB0gEk_Ht-0Ro3XGLnVi1PiIaG

Edited by Dougie93

On 11/12/2019 at 10:56 PM, PPC2019 said:

Do you ever hear Queen Elizabeth help us out... Like doing a speech against transgenderism, or reminding young people about our history.

How is she maintaining our traditions?

I sometimes feel like she's sitting an empty chair.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/6198969/william-shatner-donald-sutherland-among-39-order-of-canada-inductees/amp/

She does by things like that.  She doesn't make an official appearance for those, instead the governor general gives them on her behalf.  She does however award the Order of Merit.  

Only four Canadians have been appointed to the Order of Merit: the Right Honourable William Lyon Mackenzie King (1947); Colonel Dr. Wilder Penfield (1953); and the Right Honourable Lester B. Pearson (1971). Recently, on October 20, 2009, the Right Honourable Jean Chrétien was presented with the Order of Merit.

On 11/13/2019 at 3:56 AM, PPC2019 said:

Do you ever hear Queen Elizabeth help us out... Like doing a speech against transgenderism, or reminding young people about our history.

How is she maintaining our traditions?

I sometimes feel like she's sitting an empty chair.

It is not Her Majesty's role to interfere in politics or even state her position.

This is why she is the perfect head of state.

On 11/14/2019 at 4:33 AM, Dougie93 said:

They're both wearing Queen's Gold & Diamond Jubilee Medals

Harry is wearing the Afghanistan Operational Service Medal.

Harry is also wearing the Knight Commander of Royal Victorian Order around his neck, which is Knighthood, Sir Harry as it were.

What was the Knighthood for?