Why Do Conservatives Support the Monarchy?

Guest PPC2019

On 11/19/2019 at 5:37 PM, Nefarious Banana said:

The real head scratcher is why would a beautiful young American woman, Megan Markle . . . . give up her country and career to go and live in a shithole country of fog, fish 'n chips, bad teeth, pale complexions, and unfounded arrogance?   She could be cruising to a California beach in her Benz convertible, sunshine, hair blowing in the wind, milkshake in hand . . . . Just doesn't make sense.  Megan made a mistake, just like Diana did.  Hypnotic attraction to lizards?  Some folks here are also under the reptile spell . . . . sad.

Pistols at dawn you conspiracy theory spreading Crown and Anchor...

19 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I get the impression that it is in recognition of his dedication to the armed forces from a young age, so service to Her as Commander-in-Chief rather than Granny.

Captain Wales : The Soldier Prince : Knight Commander

HARRY-Captain-Wale_3296807k.jpg

Prince William also served but didn't recieve a Knighthood. Is the difference Harry's active service?

Edited by Iceni warrior

2 minutes ago, Iceni warrior said:

Prince William also served but didn't recieve a Knighthood. Is the difference Harry's active service?

In fairness to Wills, they won't let him serve on the front lines, I'm sure he wanted to.

None the less, Captain Wales has been the Soldier Prince right from short pants, he's the most dedicated to the armed forces and always was.

TELEMMGLPICT000177864244_trans_NvBQzQNjv

Just now, Dougie93 said:

In fairness to Wills, they won't let him serve on the front lines, I'm sure he wanted to.

None the less, Captain Wales has been the Soldier Prince right from short pants, he's the most dedicated to the armed forces and always was.

TELEMMGLPICT000177864244_trans_NvBQzQNjv

Harry had to fight to be able to stay with his unit when it was deployed. There were  lot of people in high places who didn't want him to.

Just now, Iceni warrior said:

Andrew is also a Knight of the royal Victorian Order (for now).

He's dishonored himself, his Colours, and HM.   He should be stripped of his HRH and title. The House of York should be freed from this disrepute.

Diana was stripped of her HRH and title, and she never did anything this disreputable, not even close.

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

He's dishonored himself, his Colours, and HM.   He should be stripped of his HRH and title. The House of York should be freed from this disrepute.

Diana was stripped of her HRH and title, and she never did anything this disreputable, not even close.

She remained Princess of Wales.

2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I stand corrected.  None the less, she slept with a Guards Officer, not a teen aged boy, as I say, she never did anything as disreputable as what Andrew has done.

No argument from me there.

The marriage was all but over by then due to her husband's infidelity.

As she famously said ''there were always 3 people in this marriage''.

No argument from me there.

The marriage was all but over by then due to her husband's infidelity.

As she famously said ''there were always 3 people in this marriage''.

She had problems from a young age, due to her parents divorce and her separation from her mother therein, they didn't really know her when they chose her.

She became a ruthless and savvy political operator who used her mega celebrity to her advantage.

But fair is fair, they were using her from the beginning.

That being said, I don't find that she ever dishonored herself nor the firm in anyway that they did not do themselves, so I have no quarrel against her conduct in that context.

Frankly,  I found her affair with the Guards officer to be quite romantic, and so did the people in the end.

2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

She had problems from a young age, due to her parents divorce and her separation from her mother therein, they didn't really know her when they chose her.

She became a ruthless and savvy political operator who used her mega celebrity to her advantage.

That being said, I don't find that she ever dishonored herself nor the firm in anyway that they did not do themselves, so I have no quarrel against her conduct in that context.

Frankly,  I found her affair with the Guards officer to be quite romantic, and so did the people in the end.

They needed a blue blooded virgin of child bearing age.

Probably not that easy to find, particularly of Charles' age.

Imagine being thrust into the spotlight of the British tabloids aged 19.

None the less, no one forced her to marry the heir to the throne so I think she was fairly calculating.

It was an arranged marriage, not sure that I believe that they fell in love.

9 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Harry was very fond of Major Hewett.

They needed a blue blooded virgin of child bearing age.

Probably not that easy to find, particularly of Charles' age.

Imagine being thrust into the spotlight of the British tabloids aged 19.

None the less, no one forced her to marry the heir to the throne so I think she was fairly calculating.

It was an arranged marriage, not sure that I believe that they fell in love.

He never loved her, she was exactly as she said, a prisoner in effect, sequestered in a gilded cage.

Never the less, she became as popular as only Edward VIII had been, perhaps even more, she is arguably the most popular Windsor of all time.

Can't say she did a bad job, she also reared them two sons of quality, so she deserves her place in the pantheon.

In what way?

HRH Duke of Edinburgh was an outsider just as she was, he was the Diana to HM, had to give up everything to be HM consort.

In correspondence to her which has been revealed, he said Charles was in the wrong for betraying her and he expressed his great fondness and support of her as well.

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Indeed, but in fact I am quite fond of them, I don't dislike them as people, though I cannot abide what Prince Andrew in particular has done.

I'm looking forward to HM's Christmas speech.

Annus Horibilus Maximus...

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

My heart goes out to Her.   My Commander-in-Chief, but also like my third Grandmother.   Granny-in-Chief.  God save Her.

Indeed. I don't even begrudge the pitance she costs me. I look forward to Prince Charles trimming the fat though. Direct line only, the rest can stand on their own feet.

1 minute ago, Iceni warrior said:

Indeed. I don't even begrudge the pitance she costs me. I look forward to Prince Charles trimming the fat though. Direct line only, the rest can stand on their own feet.

Agreed. For all his flaws, he wishes to do right by the people, he follows the doctrine of George V : modernize to keep up with the times, to preserve the institution.

5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Agreed. For all his flaws, he wishes to do right by the people, he follows the doctrine of George V : modernize to keep up with the times, to preserve the institution.

He's a greenie too. I look forward to seeing solar panels on the roof of Buck House.