Why Do Conservatives Support the Monarchy?

Guest PPC2019

One of the many joys of serving in the Canadian Army was the constant presence of the monarch.

It was a little Canada unto itself, away from the disloyal civilian population.   British Canada.

There was no Liberal Party of Canada Flag on the Colours, there was no Liberal Party of Canada Song on parade

Union Jack on Queen's Colour, God Save The Queen and the Regimental March was played

We hated the civvies, we hated the Liberals, they were like the enemy.

One time some idiot civilians ran out and tried to grab the Colours while we were on parade, the cops jumped on them and saved them from being bayoneted.

45_Cdn-Gds-1st-B_Trooping-Colour-on-15-O

10 hours ago, SkyHigh said:

Again, im not implying in any way, shape, or form that my ideology doesn't inform every decision i take, so because of that i take extra care to make sure my inherent bias is accounted for. A trick I (or anyone else for that matter) use is to simply put yourself in the place of the person(s) who's opinions differ from yours to try and see how, and why they came to their conclusions(empathy)

That's an absolutely phenomenal thing to do, every single person should do this, it's vital to our politics, but can sometimes be easier said than done.  For instance, most people will quickly brand a KKK member as an evil monster (which maybe they are in a way) without ever trying to understand why they think the way they do.  Unless one is clinically insane, we're all just people with different philosophies on how the world should work.  Some philosophies are better than others.

You said " Activism is impossible within legit academics" what do you mean? Academics is about as far from my wheel house as you could get, but as the rest of your post was thoughtful and reasoned I would very much like to understand.

I meant that it's extremely hard if not impossible to study a political issue objectively if you have some kind of emotional stake in the issue. Ie: if you are very actively in favour of women's rights and you're studying gender income imbalances in the workplace, your confirmation bias will often make you want one outcome over another, which may lead you to use one set of statistics over another if it helps confirm your bias.

The same with journalism.  ie: if you greatly dislike Trudeau and hope he doesn't get re-elected it can be hard to report stories on him with objectivity. Sometimes your activism gets in the way of the facts, so only certain facts might be reported over others.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

That's an absolutely phenomenal thing to do, every single person should do this, it's vital to our politics

Don't be naive.  This is a war.   It's Information War.   Virtual Civil War.    The Woke Cancel Culture is not going to show you any quarter.

You can fly the white flag and surrender, or you can fight, there is no middle ground.   That is why and how it is a war.

The Cancel Culture is a tool of the Elites intended to destroy your country and remake it into a totalitarian state.

The time for parley has long passed, you are an outlaw by default, wander into no man's land at your own peril.

If you're not with the Woke, you are a Rebel whether you like it or not.

Edited by Dougie93

On 11/13/2019 at 7:06 PM, PPC2019 said:

What's a post modernist?... Someone told me that my former professor was a post modernist. What does that mean?

They reject:  modernity, objective truth like science (they think all objective facts are subjective and colonial as they are usually obtained by the powerful like white westerners), and other fundamental core aspects of western civilization and the enlightenment.  They believe truth is subjective and based on your point of view.  They reject subjects like history as it is usually written from a certain point of view (usually the powerful, or the ones writing the history, while leaving out the perspective of less powerful groups).  Basically all knowledge to them is subjective and should be viewed critically and is a big power game.

38 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Don't be naive.  This is a war.   It's Information War.   Virtual Civil War.    The Woke Cancel Culture is not going to show you any quarter.

You can fly the white flag and surrender, or you can fight, there is no middle ground.   That is why and how it is a war.

The Cancel Culture is a tool of the Elites intended to destroy your country and remake it into a totalitarian state.

The time for parley has long passed, you are an outlaw by default, wander into no man's land at your own peril.

If you're not with the Woke, you are a Rebel whether you like it or not.

Yes it is an information and cultural war.  Cancel culture is based on these people lacking empathy (which is much different than sympathy) towards people with different viewpoints or morality.  In other words, they don't take any time to understand how anyone could think differently than them so they deem them as "evil", and the evil must be shut down and banished.

I don't have much faith they'll ever develop empathy.  Since it's war, it's still vital for "us" to empathize with "them" so that it becomes easier to defeat them.  Empathy is vital to win any war.  If you don't understand the motivations of your enemy it's much harder to defeat them, that's not my idea that's from the mouth of former US Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara, and it saved us all during the Cuban Missile Crisis:

12 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Yes it is an information and cultural war.  Cancel culture is based on these people lacking empathy (which is much different than sympathy) towards people with different viewpoints or morality.  In other words, they don't take any time to understand how anyone could think differently than them so they deem them as "evil", and the evil must be shut down and banished.

I don't have much faith they'll ever develop empathy.  Since it's war, it's still vital for "us" to empathize with "them" so that it becomes easier to defeat them.  Empathy is vital to win any war.  If you don't understand the motivations of your enemy it's much harder to defeat them, that's not my idea that's from the mouth of former US Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara, and it saved us all during the Cuban Missile Crisis:

McNamara's final conclusion was that it just blind luck.

"In the end, it was luck. We were *this* close to nuclear war, and luck prevented it" ~ Robert Strange McNamara

In terms of empathy, I understand the moral narcissism of performative outrage and addiction to conforming in order to gain adulation. 

Check that box. 

That's how Communists were in the Cold War as well, this is what totalitarianism looks like.

Edited by Dougie93

On 11/13/2019 at 4:02 PM, SkyHigh said:

Who is? And who specifically  are the enemies they're fighting with.

I encourage you to elaborate, im interested in what you actually believe and not just you waxing poetic 

The fifth column exists throughout the west.  They're dedicated to destroying our nations and our cultures, they want to bring down much of western civilization.  They're not a secret society, they're out in the open everywhere in our universities, schools, news media, workplaces, legislatures, courtrooms etc.  In Canada their leader is Justin Trudeau, he's transforming Canada into a "post-national state", among other things.  They are the politically correct multicultural cancel-culture globalist postmodernists and they're aiming to build their "utopia" on top the ashes of everything western civilization has been built on over the last 500 years +.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

The fifth column exists throughout the west.  They're dedicated to destroying our nations and our cultures, they want to bring down much of western civilization.  They're not a secret society, they're out in the open everywhere in our universities, schools, news media, workplaces, legislatures, courtrooms etc.  In Canada their leader is Justin Trudeau, he's transforming Canada into a "post-national state", among other things.  They are the politically correct multicultural cancel-culture globalist postmodernists and they're aiming to build their "utopia" on top the ashes of everything western civilization has been built on over the last 500 years +.

Trudeau is just a prop, they were appealing to Boomers by trucking out PET's son, they were appealing to Echo-Boomers by trucking him out as Selfie Boy.

Trudeau himself is too much of a himbo to lead anything. he's simply a puppet.

6 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Is this media-party deep-state thingy also behind all the chemtrails we see overhead?

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

In terms of empathy, I understand the moral narcissism of performative outrage and addiction to conforming in order to gain adulation.

That's the problem.  It takes no courage to signal your virtue about the moral consensus and gain adulation.  It takes a lot of courage to disagree with the consensus with your friends/peers and risk offending them, even risk losing friends over issues that get heated, risk losing your job etc.  So we're at a major disadvantage.  Their tactics are brilliant.

Bear in mind that this postmodernism is inciting a Second Cold War,   this  time the positions are reversed

Now it is the West who are the postmodern communists while Russia has returned to modernism in the wake of overthrowing their communists.

This is what incited Obama to go into Ukraine.  

So now we are once again on a trace in Europe over which there is a theater thermonuclear standoff.

This trace is however on the Black Sea.   The Russians at Sevastopol in Crimea v. NATO at Deveselu Romania.

Edited by Dougie93

18 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

They usually prefer the status quo and resisting change, meaning keeping on with current destructive environmental activity.  But not always.

I'm all for preserving the environment and heavy fines for polluters. Pollution is an issue which can be readily dealt with, unlike CO2 emissions.

15 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

That's the problem.  It takes no courage to signal your virtue about the moral consensus and gain adulation.  It takes a lot of courage to disagree with the consensus with your friends/peers and risk offending them, even risk losing friends over issues that get heated, risk losing your job etc.  So we're at a major disadvantage.  Their tactics are brilliant.

I don't view it as tactics, it's more a compulsion, the weak minded become addicted to it as a digital drug in virtual reality.

16 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

The danger is the silent majority remaining silent in the face of totalitarianism.

Canadians are supine, they don't rock the boat, they don't speak out, they're not warfighters by nature, at least, they aren't anymore.

Fair enough on the 2nd sentence, but similar things are happening in the US also.  And virtually every other western country.  It's not a Canadian thing.  In the US you are literally branded an evil racist xenophobe if you want illegal immigrants deported or prevented from crossing the border.

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

I don't view it as tactics, it's more a compulsion, the weak minded become addicted to it as a digital drug in virtual reality.

Some of these are tactics without a doubt.  ie: These university kids want to ban speech they don't like, so they start calling offensive speech "violence" in order to get it banned easier. "Your speech is causing me stress and physical harm aka violence on my body so stop it".

The use of "white privilege" is also often used as a tactic to tell white people to STFU.  ie: White person makes a point, then other person who disagrees says "uhm check your privilege" aka you're white so you don't have permission to talk so stfu.  These are tactics.  These people are smart and know what they're doing.  They're figuring out all sorts of ways to use white/cis/hetero/male guilt etc. to their advantage.  Everyone is horribly afraid to be deemed a racist etc, it can ruin your career and friendships.  They're taking advantage of this, while the silent majority has caved and only once in a while a Lindsay Shepard will fight back.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

2 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Some of these are tactics without a doubt.  ie: These university kids want to ban speech they don't like, so they start calling offensive speech "violence" in order to get it banned easier. "Your speech is causing me stress and physical harm aka violence on my body so stop it".

The use of "white privilege" is also often used as a tactic to tell white people to STFU.  ie: White person makes a point, then other person who disagrees says "uhm check your privilege" aka you're white so you don't have permission to talk so stfu.  These are tactics.  These people are smart and know what they're doing.

Let it burn.   They are tearing the Confederation apart.  Good riddance.

9 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Fair enough on the 2nd sentence, but similar things are happening in the US also.  And virtually every other western country.  It's not a Canadian thing.  In the US you are literally branded an evil racist xenophobe if you want illegal immigrants deported or prevented from crossing the border.

America is simply the constitution of the republic of United States of America and associated Declaration of Independence preamble.

In America, my speech is constitutionally protected, and that is backed up by my guns.   That's all I need, I don't give a shit what people say, if they attack me, I will shoot them dead.

Just now, Moonlight Graham said:

They're tearing all western countries apart.  Your beloved US and UK haven't been immune.  They're trying to take down statues of Thomas Jefferson.

I'm a rugged individual, take down the statues on public property as you see fit, step on to my property, and I will shoot you dead.  Problem solved.