Why Do Conservatives Support the Monarchy?

Guest PPC2019

1 hour ago, PIK said:

This is what pisses me of, we got it good and people want to change what made this country great. Why do people want to be more like america is beyond me.

Rugged individualism has its attractions...

The problem with rugged individualism is when it breaks down into a complete lack of cooperation.

5 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

What’s your agenda, Iceni?  Lighten up. 

Fighting the insidious rise of American culture around the world.

My late Autumn tradition is burning efigies of Catholics and terrifying household pets with endless fireworks displays.

3 hours ago, Iceni warrior said:

My late Autumn tradition is burning efigies of Catholics and terrifying household pets with endless fireworks displays.

I guess you mean Guy Fawkes?   This is Canada, not England.  You’re stuck with the Catholics.  That’s the concession the Orange Feds of Confederation made to Riel’s Provisional Government, though they hung him before acting on it: protection of francophone education and Catholic rights.   No one can say it wasn’t a hard won right.   That’s the deal in Canada: Métis, French, Indigenous, Orangemen, and all the cumbaya multiculturalism.   Love it or leave it.  

7 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

I guess you mean Guy Fawkes?   This is Canada, not England.  You’re stuck with the Catholics.  That’s the concession the Orange Feds of Confederation made to Riel’s Provisional Government, though they hung him before acting on it: protection of francophone education and Catholic rights.   No one can say it wasn’t a hard won right.   That’s the deal in Canada: Métis, French, Indigenous, Orangemen, and all the cumbaya multiculturalism.   Love it or leave it.  

But I don't live in the frozen north. You asked me what I have against Halloween. Guy Fawkes (or bonfire night) is being overshadowed by insidious American culture. A culture that teaches kids to demand sweets with menace. As if kids aren't fat enough already. Better to teach them to burn Catholics at the stake in my opinion. At least they are learning a little history.

As for Canada, I thought the whole point of Canada is to not be America.

Edited by Iceni warrior

29 minutes ago, Iceni warrior said:

But I don't live in the frozen north. You asked me what I have against Halloween. Guy Fawkes (or bonfire night) is being overshadowed by insidious American culture. A culture that teaches kids to demand sweets with menace. As if kids aren't fat enough already. Better to teach them to burn Catholics at the stake in my opinion. At least they are learning a little history.

As for Canada, I thought the whole point of Canada is to not be America.

Hating on kids getting Candy, what is it not vegetarian enough for you? If they gave kids kale and spinach at halloween that would be better in your mind, I suppose.

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 hour ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Hating on kids getting Candy, what is it not vegetarian enough for you? If they gave kids kale and spinach at halloween that would be better in your mind, I suppose.

In this country I would rather they were bobbing for apples.

I hear endless guff about Sharia law and no go zones but in fact it is American cultures and traditions which are the biggest threat to my culture.

We'll be celebrating Thanksgiving next.

Edited by Iceni warrior

1 hour ago, Iceni warrior said:

In this country I would rather they were bobbing for apples.

I hear endless guff about Sharia law and no go zones but in fact it is American cultures and traditions which are the biggest threat to my culture.

We'll be celebrating Thanksgiving next.

Manifest Destiny is destiny, American culture is ascendant, there is no escape England. The more you fight it, the faster it happens, like a chinese finger trap.

3 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Manifest Destiny is destiny, American culture is ascendant, there is no escape England. The more you fight it, the faster it happens, like a chinese finger trap.

I don't have to like it and there's nothing to stop me resisting it.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Iceni warrior

6 minutes ago, Iceni warrior said:

I don't have to like it.

You'll be happier if you just embrace it, instead of fighting a lost cause. Market Forces and Flight to Quality do not care if you like it or not, The Big Red, White & Blue Machine rolls on with or without you.

The World is becoming America, whether you want to fight the chinese finger trap or not, putting up an Iron Curtain against American Freedom is doomed to failure, ask the Soviets.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

You'll be happier if you just embrace it, instead of fighting a lost cause. Market Forces and Flight to Quality do not care if you like it or not, The Big Red, White & Blue Machine rolls on with or without you.

You can suck on America's dick all you want. I'm not too keen on the taste.

Inner-city gang warfare and racial division can stay on your side of the pond AFAIC.

3 minutes ago, Iceni warrior said:

You can suck on America's dick all you want. I'm not too keen on the taste.

Inner-city gang warfare and racial division can stay on your side of the pond AFAIC.

But it won't. Trying to Keep America Out is doomed to failure, ask Canada, this country built our entire existence around building an Iron Curtain against American Freedom, and how successful has that been? How did it work out for the Soviets? Keep resisting the chinese finger trap, see how that works out for you, that'll just speed up your Americanization.

Edited by Yzermandius19

15 hours ago, Iceni warrior said:

American versus British culture; pagan traditions versus an ancient Christian dispute in a post-Christian country. There’s only going to be one winner. 

6 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

American versus British culture; pagan traditions versus an ancient Christian dispute in a post-Christian country. There’s only going to be one winner. 

Well the Christian tradition of all hallows eve is losing out to a ''pagan'' tradition in the ultra-Christian US so why not?

In fact, most Christian festivals and traditions are based on pagan traditions. Christmas trees, holly and ivy being some of the more obvious.

17 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:

'We' meaning Ontario/Quebec ?   This country just ain't that 'great' anymore . . . .   Time for some big changes.  

I think that the yearning for return to a time when the country was "great" is really just a yearning for return to childhood, when we were told it was "great" and we didn't know or care about the complexities and monstrous injustices of the world. 

It wasn't ever as "great" as our childhood naivety allowed us to believe. 

26 minutes ago, jacee said:

I think that the yearning for return to a time when the country was "great" is really just a yearning for return to childhood, when we were told it was "great" and we didn't know or care about the complexities and monstrous injustices of the world. 

It wasn't ever as "great" as our childhood naivety allowed us to believe. 

That might be your reality . . . . . it's not mine.   Canada, a country divided along racial, economic, and regional lines.  Canada is the Humpty Dumpty busted at the base of the wall. 

1 hour ago, Nefarious Banana said:

That might be your reality . . . . . it's not mine.   Canada, a country divided along racial, economic, and regional lines.  Canada is the Humpty Dumpty busted at the base of the wall. 

It's always been a struggle to unite Canada despite those divisions. 

Eg,

Separatism - Quebec.

"Let the eastern bastards freeze in the dark" - Alberta. 

Newfie 'jokes'

Inhumane treatment of Indigenous people.

Nothing new in divisions in Canada. It just rears its head more under pressure.

Perhaps you believed in the rose-colored Canada as a child, but it was divided then too. 

Edited by jacee

5 hours ago, Iceni warrior said:

Well the Christian tradition of all hallows eve is losing out to a ''pagan'' tradition in the ultra-Christian US so why not?

In fact, most Christian festivals and traditions are based on pagan traditions. Christmas trees, holly and ivy being some of the more obvious.

All of them. 

Christianity didn't convert people... it just assumed all of their ceremonies. Lol 

39 minutes ago, jacee said:

All of them. 

Christianity didn't convert people... it just assumed all of their ceremonies. Lol 

That's the Roman influence.

Why fight when you can absorb.

Lets you hedge your bets too. You never know, the old Gods might just be right.

Edited by Iceni warrior
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Manifest Destiny is destiny, American culture is ascendant,

Naw. American networks and studios no longer make TV shows or movies without checking with China first to see what they think, what they like, and what they might disapprove of. If China might get annoyed, then the movie isn't made. "American" culture is quickly morphing into "Chinese" culture.

19 minutes ago, Argus said:

Naw. American networks and studios no longer make TV shows or movies without checking with China first to see what they think, what they like, and what they might disapprove of. If China might get annoyed, then the movie isn't made. "American" culture is quickly morphing into "Chinese" culture.

Link?

37 minutes ago, Argus said:

Money talks.

Has it ever been any different? 

Much of US filmmaking depends on glorifying the US, and other countries being villains. It's understandable that that genre is running into trouble with credibility now, as the US is the biggest villain in the world.  Lol 

FB_IMG_1573597771638.jpg

Edited by jacee

10 minutes ago, jacee said:

Much of US filmmaking depends on glorifying the US, and other countries being villains. It's understandable that that genre is running into trouble with credibility now, as the US is the biggest villain in the world.  Lol

Only extremists on the far Left would ever suggest that.