What to do about China

Argus

1 hour ago, cannuck said:

By George, he's got it.

Meanwhile. beneath the facade of this projects of the elites, half the people in the land are going bankrupt.

How many people here will have to be living in the streets, before they will admit to themselves that Canada is a poison which is killing them ?

I'm not talking about junkies nor people with mental problems, middle class people who have done everything right, on the verge of bankruptcy.

These treasonous elites in Ottawa are impoverishing the people, then selling them down to river to the brutal dictatorship in Beijing.

Edited by Dougie93
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Meanwhile. beneath the facade of this projects of the elites, half the people in the land are going bankrupt.

How many people here will have to be living in the streets, before they will admit to themselves that Canada is a poison which is killing them ?

I'm not talking about junkies nor people with mental problems, middle class people who have done everything right, on the verge of bankruptcy.

These treasonous elites in Ottawa are impoverishing the people, then selling them down to river to the brutal dictatorship in Beijing.

Unemployment levels in Canada are still near historic lows.  Household wealth is strong. Trudeau has now stolen thunder from the right with his Trump-scale tax cut with the raising of the basic personal exemption.  No doubt household debt levels are high here, but that’s the case in most of the West.  High immigration levels in Canada have been a blessing and a curse.  On the one hand people are watching their assets rise in value, mainly real estate.  However, the next generation is being priced out of the housing market in the major cities where people are flocking.  We’re also seeing challenges to our public services and social cohesion as the common traditional cultures are displaced.  It seems a bit unplanned and reckless.  Just remember that the tax cutting started in Washington, along with the Fed’s stimulative low interest rates.  A problem for Canada is that social and environmental policy is curtailing resource development.  We need constant replenishment of business and personal tax revenue in government coffers to sustain all our “progressive” services and policies.  

25 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Unemployment levels in Canada are still near historic lows.  Household wealth is strong. Trudeau has now stolen thunder from the right with his Trump-scale tax cut with the raising of the basic personal exemption. 

So Trudeau is now channeling Donald Trump ?   

Wow....what a difference a day makes.

Once again this week we see how China makes use of its economic power to blackmail international corporations, companies and governments into obeying and towing the Chinese line.

Such is the power of greed that this works very well. When a single player on the British football team Arsenal tweeted about Chinese abuse of its Muslim minority the Chinese abruptly cancelled coverage of its games. The cowardly team owners quickly apologized and distanced themselves from the tweet. Because, hey, they're apolitical about putting people in concentration camps! The Chinese also threatened Germany that if the Germans didn't allow Huawei to operate in their country they would ban the import of Germany cars.

This is again proof, if anyone needed it, that the more business you do with China, the more you rely on that business, the more of a hold China's unscrupulous, bullying government will have over you. Trade agreements are meaningless to a country which does not operate under the rule of law. They will simply stop buying your goods, or stop selling you theirs, or pull their students from your universities or ban their tourists from visiting your country at the slightest provocation.

And yet little potato Trudeau is still desperate to get a trade agreement with them and tie us tighter to China's fascist government.

https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/news/world/china-threatens-germany-with-retaliation-if-huawei-5g-is-banned/article30311157.ece

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50807043

3 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

A problem for Canada is that social and environmental policy is curtailing resource development.  We need constant replenishment of business and personal tax revenue in government coffers to sustain all our “progressive” services and policies.  

I have ALWAYS said that our minerals and bitumen will never be happy as long as we pay so much attention to human health and we'll being !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Unemployment levels in Canada are still near historic lows.  Household wealth is strong. Trudeau has now stolen thunder from the right with his Trump-scale tax cut with the raising of the basic personal exemption.  No doubt household debt levels are high here, but that’s the case in most of the West.  High immigration levels in Canada have been a blessing and a curse.  On the one hand people are watching their assets rise in value, mainly real estate.  However, the next generation is being priced out of the housing market in the major cities where people are flocking.  We’re also seeing challenges to our public services and social cohesion as the common traditional cultures are displaced.  It seems a bit unplanned and reckless.  Just remember that the tax cutting started in Washington, along with the Fed’s stimulative low interest rates.  A problem for Canada is that social and environmental policy is curtailing resource development.  We need constant replenishment of business and personal tax revenue in government coffers to sustain all our “progressive” services and policies.  

Spoken like an apologist shill for the Laurentian Elites. 

2 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Spoken like an apologist shill for the Laurentian Elites. 

Dougie stop pretending. You’re a Laurentian Elite.  So am I.  You can’t cash in your Toronto chips to live high on the hog in pastoral Wellington unless you drank that Kool Aid a long time ago.  It’s okay.  God forgives. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Dougie stop pretending. You’re a Laurentian Elite.  So am I.  You can’t cash in your Toronto chips to live high on the hog in pastoral Wellington unless you drank that Kool Aid a long time ago.  It’s okay.  God forgives. 

Oh I was certainly raised to be loyal to the Launrentian Elites, but I could never be one of them, I'm too low class for that.

I only live high on the hog by my American inheritance, otherwise I'd be slowly drowning with the rest of the working stiffs.

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

Oh I was certainly raised to be loyal to the Launrentian Elites, but I could never be one of them, I'm too low class for that.

I only live high on the hog by my American inheritance, otherwise I'd be slowly drowning with the rest of the working stiffs.

C’mon, all that Laurentian immigration policy swelled home prices and demand.  You were complicit.  It paid off.  People talk about elites as though they’re scheming in some room on a Black Forest mountain top.  They’re the landowners, one percenters, and influencers.  If you’re in that ballpark then you’re part of the vested interests.  That’s what many strive to achieve.  

Just now, Zeitgeist said:

C’mon, all that Laurentian immigration policy swelled home prices and demand.  You were complicit.  It paid off.  People talk about elites as though they’re scheming in some room on a Black Forest mountain top.  They’re the landowners, one percenters, and influencers.  If you’re in that ballpark then you’re part of the vested interests.  That’s what many strive to achieve.  

I certainly learned quickly to adopt the strategies of the wealthy, to live by capital rather than labour, but I had to win the life lottery to get out of the ghetto first.

42 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Trump made most of his money off real estate until he became a brand. 

Trump made most of his money off daddy, then lost it it all until he was put into a reality TV show, then began to license his name on other people's buildings. This is a quote from his daughter in a documentary.

"I remember once my father and I were walking down Fifth Avenue and there was a homeless person sitting right outside of Trump Tower and I remember my father pointing to him and saying, ‘You know, that guy has $8 billion more than me,’ because he was in such extreme debt at that point, you know?” Trump said on camera, seen at 4:15 below."

• Like 1

More of China being China.

Apparently while Uighur men are in re-education camps, the Chinese government has appointed proper Chinese men (Han Chinese) to sleep with their wives. This is more of that efficient dictatorship Trudeau finds so admirable.

‘This is mass rape’: China slammed over program that ‘appoints’ men to sleep with Uighur women.

In November, various Western media outlets reported that Han Chinese men had been assigned to monitor the homes of Uighur women whose husbands had been detained in prison camps.

The reports came out after an anonymous Chinese official gave an interview with Radio Free Asia, confirming the program but denying there was anything sinister about it. As part of the “Pair Up and Become Family” program, Han Chinese men stay with and sleep in the same beds as Uighur women.
According to the Chinese Government, the program is designed to “promote ethnic unity”.

https://www.news.com.au/world/asia/this-is-mass-rape-china-slammed-over-program-that-appoints-men-to-sleep-with-uighur-women/news-story/ed45cd065e39690354b6402d02904557

• Like 1

China continues to use slave labour to produce goods for western consumers, despite repeated denials. But then, what else could be expected from a 'basic dictatorship' which is so incredibly efficient.

Tesco has suspended production of charity Christmas cards at a factory in China after a six-year-old girl found a message from workers inside one. The note, found by Florence Widdicombe, was allegedly written by prisoners in Shanghai claiming they were "forced to work against our will".

"Please help us and notify human rights organisation," the message said.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-50883161

2 hours ago, Argus said:

China continues to use slave labour to produce goods for western consumers, despite repeated denials. But then, what else could be expected from a 'basic dictatorship' which is so incredibly efficient.

Tesco has suspended production of charity Christmas cards at a factory in China after a six-year-old girl found a message from workers inside one. The note, found by Florence Widdicombe, was allegedly written by prisoners in Shanghai claiming they were "forced to work against our will".

"Please help us and notify human rights organisation," the message said.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-50883161

Right, so if China has to maintain minimum standards for labour, the environment, etc. in order to trade with the US, Canada, and Europe, many of these problems would be solved.  The only counter to China is a coordinated approach, a big trading block in which the members abide by the rules and have virtual free trade or at least much freer trade than those who won't play by the rules.  It could be a scaled membership, wherein partial compliance means fewer penalties than non-compliance and complete free trade requires complete compliance.  Otherwise it's the US versus the world based on the unpredictable whims of elected officials that will merely shift production to whichever country hasn't had tariffs placed on it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You have to admit it's quite efficient to take organs out of the bodies of still living people, rather than trying to keep those organs alive after the donors die. It's even more efficient if you don't wait for volunteers, but take the organs out of the bodies of people the regime doesn't like, especially religious dissidents. No wonder Trudeau has such admiration for China's 'basic dictatorship'. I mean, hey, if you have only 5,146 eligible donors in the country and yet can perform over 69,000 transplants a year, that's surely some admirable ability.

Throughout most of the world the disparity between donor numbers and patient numbers leads to long waiting lists, but in China it is possible to get a heart transplant within a matter of days,9 and some individuals have been told that they can travel to the mainland on a specific date and immediately receive their transplant

“On the basis of all direct and indirect evidence, the Tribunal concludes with certainty that forced organ harvesting has happened in multiple places in the PRC [People’s Republic of China] and on multiple occasions for a period of at least twenty years and continues to this day.”

https://quillette.com/2020/01/03/bloody-harvest-how-everyone-ignored-the-crime-of-the-century/

Edited by Argus

“On the basis of all direct and indirect evidence, the Tribunal concludes with certainty that forced organ harvesting has happened in multiple places in the PRC [People’s Republic of China] and on multiple occasions for a period of at least twenty years and continues to this day.”

I wonder how many wealthy westerners have availed themselves of this service?  Surely China has kept a record - I bet the Panama Papers and Jeffery Epstein's list of filthy customers are probably just a puddle of sordidness compared to the ocean of admirers China's dictatorship is swimming in.

Can anyone think of a dystopian fiction that even comes close to the reality we actually live in?

• 3 months later...

Just in case anyone forgot that there's more reason to hate China than its filthy food handling system and lying politicians.

TORONTO -- BlackBerry Ltd. says its researchers have uncovered how China-backed hackers have been able to extract data from many of the world's servers for a decade -- largely without being noticed by cyber security.

It says the tactics give the hackers the ability to extract information from huge amounts of valuable data from computers using the Linux operating system, which is used on most of the world's web servers and cloud servers.

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/blackberry-uncovers-china-backed-hacking-campaign-1.4886987

On 10/10/2019 at 12:23 AM, Zeitgeist said:

I actually think Harper did better with China than Trudeau by taking a hawkish stance.  Push China away, slam them publicly on human rights, perhaps even close the embassy.  They have more to lose because they sell far more to us than the reverse.  

Being better than JT is kind of a low bar to set yourself here. When did we last recall our ambassador from China? If conservatives wish to be taken seriously on this topic, they would be looking critically at decades of Canadian policy. For example, Harper started with tough talk on human rights but he had some wobbles subsequently. I presume ye’d want a more vigorous course correction than that. 

I think we can China-proof our country a bit but we can have little or no influence on PRC policy on our own. Only as part of an inter-continental trade bloc can we move them in a more positive direction and such co-operation does not look likely at the moment, except perhaps on preventing another pandemic. The least effective tactic is to lecture them publicly without backing it up. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Argus said:

Just in case anyone forgot that there's more reason to hate China than its filthy food handling system and lying politicians.

TORONTO -- BlackBerry Ltd. says its researchers have uncovered how China-backed hackers have been able to extract data from many of the world's servers for a decade -- largely without being noticed by cyber security.

It says the tactics give the hackers the ability to extract information from huge amounts of valuable data from computers using the Linux operating system, which is used on most of the world's web servers and cloud servers.

Kind of sad..I mean worrying people might not be hateful....

2 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Being better than JT is kind of a low bar to set yourself here. When did we last recall our ambassador from China? If conservatives wish to be taken seriously on this topic, they would be looking critically at decades of Canadian policy. For example, Harper started with tough talk on human rights but he had some wobbles subsequently. I presume ye’d want a more vigorous course correction than that. 

I think we can China-proof our country a bit but we can have little or no influence on PRC policy on our own. Only as part of an inter-continental trade bloc can we move them in a more positive direction and such co-operation does not look likely at the moment, except perhaps on preventing another pandemic. The least effective tactic is to lecture them publicly without backing it up. 

You have been on a roll for two weeks. Some fine pros. You have evolved tremendously in expressing yourself. Kudos. You have gone from rigid and dogmatic to creative, tolerant and  variable in your presentations. God damn it  but I like when someone proves me  wrong.