What to do about China

Argus

46 minutes ago, Right To Left said:

How many Canadians are being held in US prisons right now?  And NO, I reflexively avoid news stories that look like useful propaganda for those in power over here. That's why I also haven't bothered to weigh in on these Hong Kong demos that are starting up again, now that they've ended their social distancing and quarantine policies. 

There are some almost drowned out voices on the marginalized, independent left, who are calling HK an astroturf uprising similar to the color revolutions in Kiev, Georgia, Egypt, Syria etc., but there are only so many hours in the day, and I don't have time to explore every topic that comes up. 

How the hell would I know as to how many Canadians are being held in US prisons right now?  I could care less anyway. So, how many Americans are being held in Canadian prisons? I could care less there also. But what is your stupid point here anyway? 

No, you do not avoid propaganda news outlets like CNN, MSNBC, and the likes of the CBC(communist broadcasting corporation). All your posts and replies tells me that you watch those fake and lying news outlets every day. How many times have you watched FOX NEWS lately? Probably none. Yet you like to make it appear as though you are an expert on what is going on when you do not even bother to try and get the other side of the story. You are just your average typical who cares Canadian who thinks that they know all because they have heard and listened to their dear Canadian leaders and their lying Canadian media and whatever they say has to be the gospel truth. It's sad that you can only find time in the day to attack and mock Trump while the leftist liberal liars always get a free pass. China is illegally holding two innocent Canadians in the gulag, and no one here gives a dam, not even you. And I bet that you like to call yourself a Canadian. There are just too many so called Canadians who could give a crap about Canada. Those Canadians are only interested in themselves. Get the point?  ;)

4 minutes ago, Right To Left said:

I still have dual citizenship through my US-born mother, and lived for 9 years in the US before returning to Canada. So, I know how your system works better than most Americans do!

But, the main reason I'm "butting in" is like so many other outsiders now, who have been less mesmerized by America's self-made mythologized history and especially now, see the US as the most dangerous nation in the world, because of its outsized military and continued intentions to destroy any challengers it sees on the horizon...like China!

China has to be the most dangerous country on earth. Any country that calls itself a communist dictatorship like China does and is, and treats it's citizen's as slaves, and in some cases murders them, has to be seen as a very terrible country to want to have anything to do with. And North Korea is even just as bad as China is. America is not perfect but I would much prefer to deal with America any day rather than those other two communist countries. China's military is just as big if not bigger than Americas is. Only fools still enjoy hating Trump and America, and the only reason for that is that we have a leftist liberal controlled lying deep state media who's main goal and purpose is to try and destroy Trump's reputation before the next election. You have no fear of America ever attacking Canada, but you should fear the possibility that maybe one day China will attack and invade Canada. Hey, you never know, eh? ;)

43 minutes ago, Right To Left said:

But, the main reason I'm "butting in" is like so many other outsiders now, who have been less mesmerized by America's self-made mythologized history and especially now, see the US as the most dangerous nation in the world, because of its outsized military and continued intentions to destroy any challengers it sees on the horizon...like China!

Everything China has exhibited to the world shows it as being far more vicious and brutal to its own people than the US has ever dreamed of doing. Further, while the US once threw its weight around more freely throughout the world, particularly in the third world, they were restrained by a free press and democratic values. Their actions abroad were subject to being reported back home, making the voters unhappy and giving ammunition to the other party.

China faces no such restraint. It has total control over its media and no opposition politicians. It can threaten, bully and overthrow local governments all its wants without hesitation. Which is probably part of the reason why they're building a bunch of aircraft carriers, to project their military strength abroad. It is already bribing government leaders into signing on for government loans which can't be paid back, then seizing ports and airports in those countries as recompense. And a government willing to roll tanks over its own students is not going to be the least bit restrained in doing it to other nations and their people.

• Like 4

On 5/2/2020 at 7:16 PM, Argus said:

Everything China has exhibited to the world shows it as being far more vicious and brutal to its own people than the US has ever dreamed of doing. Further, while the US once threw its weight around more freely throughout the world, particularly in the third world, they were restrained by a free press and democratic values. Their actions abroad were subject to being reported back home, making the voters unhappy and giving ammunition to the other party.

China faces no such restraint. It has total control over its media and no opposition politicians. It can threaten, bully and overthrow local governments all its wants without hesitation. Which is probably part of the reason why they're building a bunch of aircraft carriers, to project their military strength abroad. It is already bribing government leaders into signing on for government loans which can't be paid back, then seizing ports and airports in those countries as recompense. And a government willing to roll tanks over its own students is not going to be the least bit restrained in doing it to other nations and their people.

Well that was bad timing for this post! Now that your freedumb lovin heroes to our south keep raising the bar on depravity! 

A Bay of Pigs-style fiasco in Venezuela

Ishaan Tharoor, The Washington Post

Published 10:14 am EDT, Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Trump administration officials this week - including President Donald Trump on Tuesday - rejected any link to an apparent failed military operation over the weekend in Venezuela that involved a group of armed defectors and at least two American mercenaries who are now in Venezuelan detention.

President Nicolás Maduro said Monday that his government had stopped a "terrorist" assault on the country, killing eight and capturing more than a dozen of the plotters over two days. Maduro said they sought to incite a rebellion and possibly kill him. Thousands of Venezuelan reservists were deployed to the country's coasts in a show of force.

For years, the embattled demagogue has warned of foreign plots against his rule, waving at the specter of treacherous coups and imperialist invasions. Such alarmism often served as a smokescreen for his government's failures and the economic collapse that has taken place under his watch. But this time - as footage circulated by Venezuelan authorities on social media appeared to show a number of apprehended insurrectionists, including two former U.S. Special Operations soldiers - Maduro may have a point. 

Full article at  https://www.greenwichtime.com/news/article/A-Bay-of-Pigs-style-fiasco-in-Venezuela-15250481.php

Notice how WaPo editorializes the news right in the damn story they're reporting on? EMBATTLED DEMAGOGUE..... describing (like it or not) an elected leader. Note that you never, ever see such language used to describe America's allied DEMAGOGUES - like the king-in-waiting of Saudi Arabia! 

And just like that first Bay of Pigs failed coup, the US Government tries to wash their hands of this failed operation and pretend they knew nothing about it. For anyone counting, it's the second time goofy guiado has failed to seize control of Venezuela on behalf of the foreign government and business(including narcos) interests who are paying him.

On 5/2/2020 at 7:05 PM, taxme said:

China has to be the most dangerous country on earth. Any country that calls itself a communist dictatorship like China does and is, and treats it's citizen's as slaves, and in some cases murders them, has to be seen as a very terrible country to want to have anything to do with. And North Korea is even just as bad as China is. America is not perfect but I would much prefer to deal with America any day rather than those other two communist countries. China's military is just as big if not bigger than Americas is. Only fools still enjoy hating Trump and America, and the only reason for that is that we have a leftist liberal controlled lying deep state media who's main goal and purpose is to try and destroy Trump's reputation before the next election. You have no fear of America ever attacking Canada, but you should fear the possibility that maybe one day China will attack and invade Canada. Hey, you never know, eh? ;)

NO, the USA is the most dangerous country on Earth!  And they'll pull everyone close to them down with them as they sink under the weight of unpayable debt trying to maintain their global empire!

At best, our economy goes down the toilet as America sinks beneath the waves/ at worst - they start finding reasons to go out with a bang: starting wars-to-end-all wars with their brand new mini-nukes against nations that have already warned us that they will respond to a nuclear attack with their own nuclear attacks....what could go wrong?

18 hours ago, Right To Left said:

Well that was bad timing for this post! Now that your freedumb lovin heroes to our south keep raising the bar on depravity! 

A Bay of Pigs-style fiasco in Venezuela

1. Nobody knows if this is even true.

2. Nobody has any evidence, even if it is true, that it was in any way organized by the US government.

3. The habit of the far Left to instantly believe anything said or written against people and governments they don't like is weirdly mirrored by the far Right, who do the same.

21 hours ago, Right To Left said:

NO, the USA is the most dangerous country on Earth!  And they'll pull everyone close to them down with them as they sink under the weight of unpayable debt trying to maintain their global empire!

At best, our economy goes down the toilet as America sinks beneath the waves/ at worst - they start finding reasons to go out with a bang: starting wars-to-end-all wars with their brand new mini-nukes against nations that have already warned us that they will respond to a nuclear attack with their own nuclear attacks....what could go wrong?

America believes in freedom and freedom of speech and assembly for the American people. Americans can own guns. In China there is no freedom of speech or assembly. No one is allowed to own a gun. China believes in controlling the individual. In America, Americans can pretty much do and say as they please. 

America is a problem country only because it is full of full of deep state globalist warmongers. It's not the American people that is the problem. It is those globalists that is the problem.  China is in many countries around the world where they are having great influence and is able to control the people's lives  of those countries. Canada appears to be one of them always kissing China's butt hole. 

America is pretty much out in the open and we all know where America stands, and at most times what the American government is doing. In China the people have no idea as to what their communist government is doing behind their backs. In America, the people can still question their government. In China, no one dares to question or say anything against their communist government. 

Sure America is in debt. Canada is in debt. China is in debt. Russia is in debt. Every country in the world is in debt. So, what's your point here? 

Our economy is going for a shit thanks to this plandemic exercise hoax. Trump had an economy that was working well, but thanks to this virus hoax, America has gone deeper in debt because of it, and also thanks to the deep state globalists and the international banksters who are the only ones that have profited from this plandemic hoax. 

I would rather live in a free country rather than live in a communist country.  There is not a country on earth that can say that they are the greatest country on earth. The only country that I can say that I really admire and like is Switzerland. They have Citizen Initiated referendums and recall. Many states in America has those also. Here in BC we have the right to referendum, but typical of our s it is almost impossible to use that referendum because the bar is too high to try and get anything going. Purposely done that way. 

Israel is loaded with nuclear weapons. Not just America, China or Russia. 

So tell me in all honesty? Where would you prefer to live? In freedom loving America or in communist China where freedom does not exist? Easy question to answer with a yes or a no. Well, yes or no? ;)

Edited by taxme

52 minutes ago, taxme said:

America believes in freedom and freedom of speech and assembly for the American people. Americans can own guns. In China there is no freedom of speech or assembly. No one is allowed to own a gun. China believes in controlling the individual. In America, Americans can pretty much do and say as they please. 

America is a problem country only because it is full of full of deep state globalist warmongers. It's not the American people that is the problem. It is those globalists that is the problem.  China is in many countries around the world where they are having great influence and is able to control the people's lives  of those countries. Canada appears to be one of them always kissing China's butt hole. 

America is pretty much out in the open and we all know where America stands, and at most times what the American government is doing. In China the people have no idea as to what their communist government is doing behind their backs. In America, the people can still question their government. In China, no one dares to question or say anything against their communist government. 

Sure America is in debt. Canada is in debt. China is in debt. Russia is in debt. Every country in the world is in debt. So, what's your point here? 

Our economy is going for a shit thanks to this plandemic exercise hoax. Trump had an economy that was working well, but thanks to this virus hoax, America has gone deeper in debt because of it, and also thanks to the deep state globalists and the international banksters who are the only ones that have profited from this plandemic hoax. 

I would rather live in a free country rather than live in a communist country.  There is not a country on earth that can say that they are the greatest country on earth. The only country that I can say that I really admire and like is Switzerland. They have Citizen Initiated referendums and recall. Many states in America has those also. Here in BC we have the right to referendum, but typical of our s it is almost impossible to use that referendum because the bar is too high to try and get anything going. Purposely done that way. 

Israel is loaded with nuclear weapons. Not just America, China or Russia. 

So tell me in all honesty? Where would you prefer to live? In freedom loving America or in communist China where freedom does not exist? Easy question to answer with a yes or a no. Well, yes or no? ;)

Right! They hate us because of our freedoms....got it! Simplistic garbage. In case you haven't been looking, everything is collapsing under our feet now. That's why the super-rich are warming up their giant yachts and leaving or preparing to leave to their island hideaways now. The people who have profited the most from bleeding the earth and the majority of people for profits, are packing up and thinking they are going to wait out a storm. But, this isn't a storm..this is a long emergency that will just keep winding down as long as there are any people left on earth. 

So, I don't believe this planet has enough left in it for another empire to rise up and try to conquer and run this world again. If China has hopes of replacing America as the pre-eminent capitalist world power, our dwindling resources, collapsing ecosystems and the rise of new, increasingly lethal diseases in a crowded world, will shortcircuit any attempt China might have of pushing aside the US and expanding its economic production and control of global trade. They will struggle to survive the near future, just like the rest of the people living in the wastes left behind by a gluttonous capitalist culture, that had no consideration for trying to live within nature's limits.

The future is going to look a lot more modest, even for those who have big dreams of great wealth and expansion. So, any wannabe John Galt's out there will have to find new planets to harvest for resources, because this one is just about spent!

Edited by Right To Left

3 hours ago, Argus said:

1. Nobody knows if this is even true.

2. Nobody has any evidence, even if it is true, that it was in any way organized by the US government.

3. The habit of the far Left to instantly believe anything said or written against people and governments they don't like is weirdly mirrored by the far Right, who do the same.

No, the biggest liars are not far left, and not even far right most of the time. It's the state-cooperative mush mainstream middle that are the biggest liars and enablers for evil in this world.

Venezuela: captured US mercenary claims he planned to abduct Maduro 

Speaking on Wednesday, Maduro painted the failed invasion as a 21st-century version of the failed US invasion of Cuba at the Bay of Pigs and claimed the intruders had been working for Trump.

“Donald Trump is behind all of this,” Venezuela’s authoritarian leader said, brandishing a contract allegedly showing that the mission had been commissioned by his rival, the opposition leader, Juan Guaidó.

“Here is the contract. Here are the signatures … a contract for the invasion of Venezuela. A serious offense,” Maduro said, holding up a Washington Post article which also branded the operation “a Bay of Pigs-style fiasco”.

Guaidó has denied any links to the incursion.

Maduro claimed Trump had “subcontracted” the “disastrous” invasion so as to be able to “wash his hands” of the episode if it went wrong.

The mission does indeed seem to have backfired quite spectacularly.

52 minutes ago, Right To Left said:

Right! They hate us because of our freedoms....got it! Simplistic garbage. In case you haven't been looking, everything is collapsing under our feet now. That's why the super-rich are warming up their giant yachts and leaving or preparing to leave to their island hideaways now. The people who have profited the most from bleeding the earth and the majority of people for profits, are packing up and thinking they are going to wait out a storm. But, this isn't a storm..this is a long emergency that will just keep winding down as long as there are any people left on earth. 

So, I don't believe this planet has enough left in it for another empire to rise up and try to conquer and run this world again. If China has hopes of replacing America as the pre-eminent capitalist world power, our dwindling resources, collapsing ecosystems and the rise of new, increasingly lethal diseases in a crowded world, will shortcircuit any attempt China might have of pushing aside the US and expanding its economic production and control of global trade. They will struggle to survive the near future, just like the rest of the people living in the wastes left behind by a gluttonous capitalist culture, that had no consideration for trying to live within nature's limits.

The future is going to look a lot more modest, even for those who have big dreams of great wealth and expansion. So, any wannabe John Galt's out there will have to find new planets to harvest for resources, because this one is just about spent!

You see, you are the typical Canadian leftist liberal socialist/communist who will never answer any questions asked of you. I asked you as to where would you prefer to live? China or America? A simple yes or no answer was all I asked you for. But you did not comply? Why? Why won't you give me  a yes or no? It's very easy to say yes or no. See, I can say yes and no! No problem. Why can't you? Maybe you just do not want to admit that you are a communist, right? I think that you support and sympathize with communist China only because you hate America and Trump. You remind me of the American leftist liberal MSM that when Trump says anything about anything the MSM will always go against and the opposite to what Trump says or does. It's just automatic with those buffoons, and Trump haters like you.  

The world will never get better until the likes of those deep state globalists are exposed and put out of business. I am very happy to say that those deep state globalists are being exposed every day, and hopefully they will soon be put out of business. If they are not, then the " Gates of hell" will be released on all of us, and what we are seeing going on today with this plandemic virus will be nothing compared to the next bigger plandemic that will surely come along. You just have to see what the Chinese communist government is doing to their people today. That will be coming your way if people like you don't soon start to wake up and smell the bloody coffee, as they say.  

So, what will it be? Ayes or a no? I already told you where I want to live. Come on, what are you afraid of? :D

37 minutes ago, Right To Left said:

No, the biggest liars are not far left, and not even far right most of the time. It's the state-cooperative mush mainstream middle that are the biggest liars and enablers for evil in this world.

Speaking on Wednesday, Maduro painted the failed invasion as a 21st-century version of the failed US invasion of Cuba at the Bay of Pigs and claimed the intruders had been working for Trump.

“Donald Trump is behind all of this,” Venezuela’s authoritarian leader said, brandishing a contract allegedly showing that the mission had been commissioned by his rival, the opposition leader, Juan Guaidó.

“Here is the contract. Here are the signatures … a contract for the invasion of Venezuela. A serious offense,” Maduro said, holding up a Washington Post article which also branded the operation “a Bay of Pigs-style fiasco”.

Guaidó has denied any links to the incursion.

Maduro claimed Trump had “subcontracted” the “disastrous” invasion so as to be able to “wash his hands” of the episode if it went wrong.

The mission does indeed seem to have backfired quite spectacularly.

It's not Trump that is behind that failed invasion. It is the deep state warmongers in Washington that were behind that failed coup. Sadly, for Trump, he is surrounded by a bunch of deep state operatives whom Trump is trying to control. Trump is surrounded by traitors to America. It's hard to win a fight when the odds of ten to one are against you. Trump is in that position right now. ;)

5 hours ago, Right To Left said:

Using large fonts and color doesn't make your argument more convincing. It simply makes you look silly, and leaves the impression you are not a serious person.

On 5/7/2020 at 9:31 PM, Argus said:

Using large fonts and color doesn't make your argument more convincing. It simply makes you look silly, and leaves the impression you are not a serious person.

The colour wasn't selected by me. And I selected a large font size for the title of that Guardian article with embedded hyperlink, to make the point that these are not my words, and here is the source with a short selection of text afterwards, because when I tried to add more, the formatting got screwed up and I had to delete and start over.....................now, what about the subject? 

On 5/7/2020 at 5:02 PM, taxme said:

It's not Trump that is behind that failed invasion. It is the deep state warmongers in Washington that were behind that failed coup. Sadly, for Trump, he is surrounded by a bunch of deep state operatives whom Trump is trying to control. Trump is surrounded by traitors to America. It's hard to win a fight when the odds of ten to one are against you. Trump is in that position right now. ;)

No, I think there are so many connected to the Trump White House connected with this failed coup - including his puppet fake president - Juan Guiado, there's no way that Donald could have been completely out of the loop. This is something he has wanted and been working on ever since he got in the White House. 

How Much Did the Trump Administration Know About the Failed Venezuela Coup Attempt?

US regime change operations have been outsourced to semi-private companies and NGOs for decades, giving the government a paper-thin veneer of plausible deniability.

Connecticut Senator Chris Murphy described the fiasco as a “botched Bay of Pigs like paramilitary operation.” “Now, [Senators] Tim Kaine, Tom Udall and I are asking the administration a simple question: What did they know, and if they didn’t know, why not?” he added.

President Nicholas Maduro, whose forces appear to have had knowledge of the attack before it took place, is certain who was behind it. “The United States government is fully and completely involved in this defeated raid,” he said, describing it as a “covert operation ordered by Donald Trump,” supported by Colombian President Ivan Duque and self-declared U.S.-backed “interim president” Juan Guaidó, outsourced to “professional American mercenaries” on a mission to assassinate him.

Trump officially denied all knowledge of the weekend’s events. But Secretary of State Mike Pompeo contradicted the president’s words on Wednesday, stating only that “there was no U.S. government direct involvement,” although he did admit that he had known who bankrolled the failed project, promising to divulge the information “at an appropriate time.”

However, in an interview with CNN on Wednesday, one of the coup’s organizers, Juan José Rendon, may have let slip that the Trump administration was even more heavily involved than it concedes. Referring to a $212.9 million contract they signed with Guaidó in October to overthrow the government, Rendon explained that it was above board as they were merely capturing and delivering to justice members of the Maduro regime who have an arrest warrant in the United States. The problem is that those warrants, along with the $15 million bounty placed on Maduro’s head, were only made public in March. Therefore, if Rendon spoke correctly, it indicates his team may have had months of contact and cooperation with the U.S. Department of State.

The two Americans captured have been named as Airan Berry and Luke Denman. Both are ex-Special Forces and honed their skills in the U.S. wars in the Middle East. Denman’s family made an impassioned plea for his safe return. “He deserves to come home,” said his brother Mark, claiming that, “Luke’s motivation has always been to help others in any way he can… He thinks of kids who are being harmed and innocent people who are suffering and I’m sure this was his motivation to do this.” Perhaps he had not watched Denman’s interview broadcast on Venezuelan television, because the 34-year-old Texan said he participated after the promise of being paid between $50-100,000 for the job, describing himself as a “mercenary” for hire.

Both Berry and Denman worked for Silvercorp USA, a private security firm set up in 2018 by another former soldier, Jordan Goudreau. The company began by trying to sell school security services, but Goudreau and his men diversified, even being directly employed as private security guards by the Trump team at their rallies.While the White House might officially deny direct involvement in the latest coup attempt, it is difficult to see what stronger evidence could come out directly implicating them. For a number of decades, U.S. regime change operations have been outsourced to semi-private companies and NGOs, rather than directly employing government officials, giving the government a paper-thin veneer of plausible deniability. The founder of the National Endowment for Democracy, Allen Weinstein noted of his organization, “A lot of what we do today was done covertly 25 years ago by the CIA.” Thus, this is exactly the maximum extent of evidence that any modern covert regime change operation has linking it to the government.The Trump administration refuses to recognize Maduro, despite his election victories, instead, propping up deeply unpopular right-wing politician Juan Guaidó as the ruler, despite his failure to control or command anything inside the country.

The U.S. has a long history of supporting coups against the socialist government. In 2002, it bankrolled a briefly-successful ouster of Hugo Chavez, only for it to be rolled back almost immediately through mass popular mobilization. Since then, it has continued to fund, train and nurture virtually every opposition politician and organization, more or less openly. Thus, the question of whether the operation was directly organized in Washington D.C. is moot, because, as with so many other botched power grabs, it would never have happened without the implicit and explicit support of the power of the U.S. empire.

On 5/7/2020 at 4:58 PM, taxme said:

You see, you are the typical Canadian leftist liberal socialist/communist who will never answer any questions asked of you. I asked you as to where would you prefer to live? China or America? A simple yes or no answer was all I asked you for.

How about NEITHER!!! GET IT?  I lived almost 10 years in the  US, before returning to Canada, and as the years have passed, I have less and less reason to want to go back there....especially now. 

I have said for a long, long time that signing on to FTA which led to NAFTA was the biggest mistake we ever made. Canada sacrificed independence for the promise of more money, and except for the finance capitalist class, it didn't happen! Americans may whine about the outsourcing of their industries, but Canada lost more...which I can plainly see every day in a city that used to be steeltown. 

But you did not comply? Why? Why won't you give me  a yes or no? It's very easy to say yes or no. See, I can say yes and no! No problem. Why can't you? Maybe you just do not want to admit that you are a communist, right? I think that you support and sympathize with communist China only because you hate America and Trump. You remind me of the American leftist liberal MSM that when Trump says anything about anything the MSM will always go against and the opposite to what Trump says or does. It's just automatic with those buffoons, and Trump haters like you.  

You obviously love America more than Canada! But that's no different than the rest of the conservatives on this forum, who just can't wait to roll out the red carpet to invading US forces...or their mercenary-guns for hire proxies. 

As for China, I'm not even sure exactly how communist Communist China is anymore! They still have Communist Party leadership, BUT the economy is privatized with a lot of foreign ownership of industries that produce mostly products for export. So, NO I don't want to move to China....I'd pick Cuba far sooner...maybe I'll move there as soon as I'm retired...anyway, China is overpopulated with a language I would never have enough time to learn at this stage in life. But if there's one thing I do know about China, they don't spend all of their time meddling and telling other nations what to do! They look after their own interests, and are willing to trade and do business with rightwing and theocratic dictatorships as well as leftwing and communist countries like Cuba. So, that's better than a nation which thinks they have the right to control the affairs of both continents of the Americas! 

So, about that NAFTA thing, maybe we didn't have a choice on it, and if the first Trudeau hadn't retired or his 2nd banana - Chretien had stuck to his promise of scrapping NAFTA, we would have been subject of a US-backed coup....likely similar to the one Australia had in 1975.

The world will never get better until the likes of those deep state globalists are exposed and put out of business. I am very happy to say that those deep state globalists are being exposed every day, and hopefully they will soon be put out of business. If they are not, then the " Gates of hell" will be released on all of us, and what we are seeing going on today with this plandemic virus will be nothing compared to the next bigger plandemic that will surely come along. 

Would I be wrong in assuming you are one of these Qanon conspiracists who think ....contrary to every other form of evidence, that Donald Trump is not just a very lucky grifter who's just out to cash in on his White House gig, and doesn't give a shit about anyone or anything else? 

As I see it: "deep state globalists" are the hundreds of highly placed personnel in US Government departments, who are in and out of government between gigs in Wall Street firms and weapons makers. They are globalists, because the empire is headquartered in the US and uses the US Dollar as its leverage to extract wealth from other nations and the US armed forces to leverage the control their banks and major corporations have over most other nations except for the renegades.

I thought this thread was about what do we do about China? How did Venezuela get into this?

We now see what kind of leader Trudeau is, when pressed on taking China to task, he evades the question then abruptly ends the daily briefing.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6832186/trudeau-coronavirus-china-deaths/

The prime minister was pressed by reporters Friday about holding the Communist Party of China accountable amid criticism it hadn’t been fully transparent in the early stages of the viral outbreak and provided incomplete data to the World Health Organization.

READ MORE: Why is the World Health Organization accused of mishandling the coronavirus pandemic?

Trudeau said his job right now is to make sure Canadians get the best “support” and “protection” as COVID-19 has devastated Canada’s economy and sickened over 30,000.

“That means ensuring that cooperation and collaboration on the international stage is done properly,” Trudeau said. “That means focusing right now on today and tomorrow on how we are going to keep Canadians safe.”

“There will be plenty of time to point fingers, to ask questions, to draw conclusion and ensure there are consequences for what countries may have done during this pandemic,” he said.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6905351/coronavirus-china-canada-faulty-masks/

Why the hell is Canada continuing to import faulty PPE for our front line workers?

1 hour ago, New World Disorder said:

I thought this thread was about what do we do about China? How did Venezuela get into this?

We now see what kind of leader Trudeau is, when pressed on taking China to task, he evades the question then abruptly ends the daily briefing.

Why the hell is Canada continuing to import faulty PPE for our front line workers?

Because this is just Canada, and this is how Canada works now, don't you know? Canada does not have real leaders. Canada only has leaders who do not really know the difference between their arses and their elbows. If Canada had a politician that knew what the hell he or she were doing, it would be a bloody miracle.  Christ would have finally returned to earth. Lol. 

1 hour ago, New World Disorder said:

I don't really blame him, though I have in the past. Until we can supply our own PPE he really has no choice. If he criticizes China he risks Canada being unable to import PPE from China, which is basically the only place exporting it now.

21 hours ago, Argus said:

I don't really blame him, though I have in the past. Until we can supply our own PPE he really has no choice. If he criticizes China he risks Canada being unable to import PPE from China, which is basically the only place exporting it now.

How difficult it is for Canada to start production?  You would think this crisis would fast track that stuff. But no, we are still depending on bunk PPE from China.

1 minute ago, New World Disorder said:

How difficult it is for Canada to start production?  You would think this crisis would fast track that stuff. But no, we are still depending on bunk PPE from China.

It depends on what you need to make what you want. If all we need is plastic for something like those face shields, then no problem. People are already doing those up on 3D printers and the like. For the N95s I understand they use a special kind of fabric, which is made from a particular kind of pulp. So first you have to get hold of the pulp, then build a factory to make that fabric unless you can adapt other factories to do so, then build a factory or adapt one to take that fabric and other bits and pieces and mold it into masks. Except of course we're not talking one factory but probably many. We need many millions of these things. We also need surgical masks. Those are apparently easier to make, though again require special fabric.

Surgical face masks are made with non-woven fabric, which has better bacteria filtration and air permeability while remaining less slippery than woven cloth. The material most commonly used to make them is polypropylene, either 20 or 25 grams per square meter (gsm) in density. Masks can also be made of polystyrene, polycarbonate, polyethylene, or polyester.

20 gsm mask material is made in a spunbond process, which involves extruding the melted plastic onto a conveyor. The material is extruded in a web, in which strands bond with each other as they cool. 25 gsm fabric is made through meltblown technology, which is a similar process where plastic is extruded through a die with hundreds of small nozzles and blown by hot air to become tiny fibers, again cooling and binding on a conveyor. These fibers are less than a micron in diameter. 

For comparison Taiwan is making 13 million a day.

Surgical gowns are made of similar fabric. Surgical gloves are made of plastic, so easy enough, but again  we need to build factories. Then there are the things like ventilator machines. They're more complex but we can make them. But we also need drugs to sedate those who are on ventilators, and those are mostly made in China. Also, the materials which go into making the drugs are also mostly made in China.

Replacing China thus becomes a complicated undertaking. It's easily enough done by a determined government, but it will take some time.

New reports says Chinese government is ramping up bullying and intimidation tactics in Canada against those who criticize them.

The report, Harassment & Intimidation of Individuals in Canada Working on China-related Human Rights Concerns, also sounds the alarm over what it calls escalating intimidation and interference at Canadian schools and universities. “Consequently, academic freedom and freedom of expression of university students in Canada speaking out on China has been increasingly stifled, as many individuals fear that Chinese government or consular agents are monitoring their speech or their activities.”

“It takes place on social media, through surveillance, monitoring and hacking of phones, computers and websites ... on university and college campuses, at public rallies and cultural events,” Alex Neve, secretary general of Amnesty International Canada, said. “Individuals responsible for the threats often remain anonymous or invisible, but make it clear that they are strong backers of the Chinese government, often leaving no doubt that they are directed, supported or encouraged by the Chinese government."

He said the threats are "bullying, racist, bigoted and frequently involve direct threats of violence, including sexual violence and even death.”

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-china-ramps-up-bullying-and-intimidation-tactics-in-canada-report/

Guest ProudConservative
1 hour ago, Argus said:

New reports says Chinese government is ramping up bullying and intimidation tactics in Canada against those who criticize them.

The report, Harassment & Intimidation of Individuals in Canada Working on China-related Human Rights Concerns, also sounds the alarm over what it calls escalating intimidation and interference at Canadian schools and universities. “Consequently, academic freedom and freedom of expression of university students in Canada speaking out on China has been increasingly stifled, as many individuals fear that Chinese government or consular agents are monitoring their speech or their activities.”

“It takes place on social media, through surveillance, monitoring and hacking of phones, computers and websites ... on university and college campuses, at public rallies and cultural events,” Alex Neve, secretary general of Amnesty International Canada, said. “Individuals responsible for the threats often remain anonymous or invisible, but make it clear that they are strong backers of the Chinese government, often leaving no doubt that they are directed, supported or encouraged by the Chinese government."

He said the threats are "bullying, racist, bigoted and frequently involve direct threats of violence, including sexual violence and even death.”

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-china-ramps-up-bullying-and-intimidation-tactics-in-canada-report/

Well I hope the CCP gets a chance to read all our messages... so they can realize that the entire world hates their ass. It's about time they give their citizens elections.

Edited by ProudConservative

On 5/12/2020 at 8:42 PM, ProudConservative said:

Well I hope the CCP gets a chance to read all our messages... so they can realize that the entire world hates their ass. It's about time they give their citizens elections.

No, the entire world does not hate the CCP.   And of all nations, it was Canada that embraced the communist regime long ago by:

• Legislation by the Diefenbaker government to open trade with China
  • Exporting wheat and other agri-products even though diplomatic relations did not exist with Mao.   Canada wanted more exports (Wheat Board).
  • Unilaterally banning the ROC (Taiwan) from the 1976 Olympics in Montreal (Pierre Trudeau).  Canada was the first nation to breach its obligation as host nation for the Olympics.

Again, this is because economics trumps virtue....and Canada is no different:

Although Canada was a committed member of the western alliance and publically supported Washington, DC's efforts to isolate communist China, Ottawa embarked on large-scale wheat sales to Beijing in the late 1950s in the face of sustained US opposition. Drawing on a broad range of archival records, this paper explores the three main factors that encouraged the Canadian government in this course: growing doubts about the wisdom of isolating communist China; mounting anger at Washington, DC's use of subsidized wheat sales to capture traditional Canadian markets; and a surging sense of Canadian nationalism that sought a distinct role for Canada on the world stage. Clearly, as was so often the case in postwar Canadian foreign economic policy, a narrowly defined national interest easily trumped the ideological pressures of western solidarity.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/20454911?seq=1

Edited by bush_cheney2004